Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the atheists..

+6
gulfbeachbandit
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 9:10 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I have personally seen the houses and cars of three of you.
Two are normal and one is Godless. Care to guess which one has the worst house and car? As well as the worst attitude on life. Shall I just tell you? justin-casey.

77For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 9:12 pm

gulfbeachbandit wrote:I have personally seen the houses and cars of three of you.
Two are normal and one is Godless. Care to guess which one has the worst house and car? As well as the worst attitude on life. Shall I just tell you? justin-casey.

LOL. I see you have a renewed interest in recycling your attacks.

And now you're saying at least 3 folk on the forum know you personally.

Good for you.

78For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 9:15 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Red Kneckerson wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:I have personally seen the houses and cars of three of you.

LOL. I see you have a renewed interest in recycling your attacks.

I lost track. Was justin casey one of your many handles?

79For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 9:17 pm

Speaking of azzhats....

Georgia man threatens to sue if he can’t tell strangers’ children about Jesus

A Georgia man is threatening to sue the city of Ringgold after he claims his constitutional rights were violated by police last Friday night, when officials asked him to stop bothering strangers’ children about his beliefs in the Christian deity figure Jesus Christ.

Cleveland, GA resident Daryl Banther and his 8-year-old son were reportedly handing out religious pamphlets and questionnaires at an annual celebration in Ringgold when he was confronted by the city manager and chief of police, who interrupted his proselytizing because a parent filed a police report about a strange man in the parking lot approaching children......

Appearing on camera, he claimed that Christians no longer have any rights in America, then seemed aghast that an atheist could possibly file a lawsuit to force government officials to stop showing a preference for a religion.

“They were all harassing me because I have a constitutional right to do what I was doing,” Banther insisted. “If I’m anything else, I have rights,” he said. “…But as a Christian, we have rights no more. They’re taking all the Christian rights away and I’m going to stand for what’s right this time.”....

Despite the man’s insistence that America has taken all the rights away from Christians, the city-sponsored event last Friday evening was a southern gospel music festival, featuring The Heritage Quartet among others.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/26/georgia-man-threatens-to-sue-if-he-cant-tell-strangers-children-about-jesus/

Awesome. Sufferin' for Jesus is hard work. Now, don't be awaitin' on him to strap no bomb to his chest, blow up a Synagog or Mosque and die for his beliefs.

Mixed messages and such....

80For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 10:49 pm

Lurch wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:I'm not an atheist. I am a Democrat, and I supported Obama over any other candidate in 2008, as did the majority of the people. I remember standing in line to vote early and watching the faces of the people ahead of me in line...LOL...they couldn't STAND to see the number of...shall we just say...diverse...people converging on the library (old Tryon branch). The hatred was written all over their faces...and the fear. Wherever there's hatred, you'll find fear.

There is a God...the God of all. Call Him by whatever name you want. And, if He's capable of hatred, what He hates the most is people that do evil in His name and try to use His teachings to belittle, demean and demonize other people, instead of following His Word...whose "faith" is shrill and condemning, mostly self-serving and fake...what my grandpa used to call..."screw-you-on-Saturday-Sunday-go-to-meetin'"...fake holy rollers with an agenda...furthest thing from Christianity.

Those people that died...they're in His arms now. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more trying to live in a world dominated by greedy, selfish, lying, POS, holier-than-thou "Christians".

"Those people that died...they're in His arms now. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more trying to live in a world dominated by greedy, selfish, lying, POS, holier-than-thou "Christians"."

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

yep, they are nothing but dead dirt, empty space. a waste like a pice of garbage sent to be recycled. sludge, a fart in the wind. shit, like a earth turd shitted and done with. a nothing ever was, ever will be. silent , non usefull forgotten in time grain of hopless shit.

btw

this is for the idiots

without pain there is no understanding of pleasure

without sorrow, there is no understanding of happiness

without love in your heart, you would not recognize hate

yen/yang

kill the only thing that makes you human, after all, most of you rally arnt that human anyway. just another dustbunny on the face of the planet that needs to be removed.

81For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 11:22 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Those people that died...they're in His arms now. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more trying to live in a world dominated by greedy, selfish, lying, POS, holier-than-thou "Christians".

So you are saying that there is no hell, only heaven? How can that be when the book that Christians live by says just the opposite and that the God of that book condemns the unbelievers to an eternity in hell.

Define "unbeliever"...then get back to me.

John 14

[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
[4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

82For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 11:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bluemoon wrote:Atheists don't have viable candidates of their own in Presidential elections. They vote for the candidate they believe is best for the country, instead of voting for one who is closer to their religious beliefs.

It's a difficult concept but it's one all thinking Americans should consider.

Understated, my friend, but extremely to the point. Is that sarcasm I detect?

83For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 1:33 am

What political party did they belong to? Repugs or democrats?

84For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 8:19 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If I drive drunk and kill a family does god get blamed ?

I dunno who gets blamed. But if we go by what God did in Passover then it will be your child who gets punished. Your first born will have to die to pay for your sins.

85For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 9:01 am

Nekochan wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:If I was to judge a politician by their religion I couldn't vote at all..
You just have to let some things slide.. Picking between two evils is kinda tricky..

I understand. Makes sense.

But still, some people who were highly critical of Bush's religious beliefs and even called him a fanatic completely give Obama a pass. And today still, Christians are bashed and called all kinds of derogatory things by people who seem to think that Obama is God's gift to the world.

Christians are supposed to be persecuted and called names. It brings them more glory in heaven. They should forgive it, and then call it an opportunity to show how different and Christian they can be. Complaining years later isn't evidence of knowing what the Bible teaches.

What does heaven and forgiveness have to do with some atheists bashing Christians while supporting Obama while ignoring his references to God?

How do you know that it is atheists that are the Bush and Christian bashers? I suspect that it is the various denominations bashing each other. Catholics have been bashing Protestants and vice versa for ages. Pentecostals have been bashing the Baptists for years, but as long as I have claimed atheism I have never heard another atheist bash Christianity. We pretty much leave the Christians to their own devices, but of course there is always that fringe element in every organization.

86For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 9:15 am

Floridatexan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

So you are saying that there is no hell, only heaven? How can that be when the book that Christians live by says just the opposite and that the God of that book condemns the unbelievers to an eternity in hell.

Define "unbeliever"...then get back to me.

John 14

[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
[4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

OK then let me rephrase. Insert non-believer for unbeliever. But if you are a Christian as you claim, then you should know what an unbeliever/non-believer is.

87For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 9:44 am

The fake ones are usually the ones who feel the need to tell everyone they're Christians..

88For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 9:55 am

Lurch wrote:The fake ones are usually the ones who feel the need to tell everyone they're Christians..

Ditto!

89For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:13 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:If I was to judge a politician by their religion I couldn't vote at all..
You just have to let some things slide.. Picking between two evils is kinda tricky..

But still, some people who were highly critical of Bush's religious beliefs and even called him a fanatic completely give Obama a pass. And today still, Christians are bashed and called all kinds of derogatory things by people who seem to think that Obama is God's gift to the world.

Christians are supposed to be persecuted and called names. It brings them more glory in heaven. They should forgive it, and then call it an opportunity to show how different and Christian they can be. Complaining years later isn't evidence of knowing what the Bible teaches.

What does heaven and forgiveness have to do with some atheists bashing Christians while supporting Obama while ignoring his references to God?

How do you know that it is atheists that are the Bush and Christian bashers? I suspect that it is the various denominations bashing each other. Catholics have been bashing Protestants and vice versa for ages. Pentecostals have been bashing the Baptists for years, but as long as I have claimed atheism I have never heard another atheist bash Christianity. We pretty much leave the Christians to their own devices, but of course there is always that fringe element in every organization.

Well, yes, different groups bash each other. But no, I am talking specifically about liberal atheists, including on this forum, who have called Christians weak minded and foolish, etc for having a belief in God. But then they say nothing when Obama declares that "God has a plan". Just recently, Seaoat had some flooding problems and he mentioned God's plan and he was called foolish or some such thing. But I have never seen a liberal on here call Obama foolish or weak for his proclamations about God.

Last edited by Nekochan on 5/27/2013, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

90For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:15 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:The fake ones are usually the ones who feel the need to tell everyone they're Christians..

I guess I'm not sure what you mean on this. Are Christians supposed to hide their faith, not talk about it? I get that the street preachers yelling at cars are annoying, but I'm not sure what you mean.

91For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:16 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

TEOTWAWKI wrote:This is a tough question ...first off they call it tornado alley and people choose to live there. There are also people living in the far reaches of Alaska where it is brutal and cold...but they take precautions to adapt themselves to the land where they live. If I stand naked in Alaska and ask God why I am freezing to death he might question my intelligence. He might say build a fire kill, a Caribou and make you a coat or build a shelter. Same goes for Tornado alley build a shelter for your children . It's like a Motorcycle when you begin to ignore the dangers of riding it you quickly may get a brutal lesson even fatal...God gives us a brain to survive practically anywhere on earth but knowing the danger we must be vigilante prepared and after that trust him...

Well said, Teo.

Trust in a higher power but do the footwork. And always remember, God gave us brains to use.

92For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:22 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:This is a tough question ...first off they call it tornado alley and people choose to live there. There are also people living in the far reaches of Alaska where it is brutal and cold...but they take precautions to adapt themselves to the land where they live. If I stand naked in Alaska and ask God why I am freezing to death he might question my intelligence. He might say build a fire kill, a Caribou and make you a coat or build a shelter. Same goes for Tornado alley build a shelter for your children . It's like a Motorcycle when you begin to ignore the dangers of riding it you quickly may get a brutal lesson even fatal...God gives us a brain to survive practically anywhere on earth but knowing the danger we must be vigilante prepared and after that trust him...

Well said, Teo.

Trust in a higher power but do the footwork. And always remember, God gave us brains to use.

Teo is always very good at explaining his ideas/beliefs on faith based subjects. I always enjoy reading his input on these subjects. He has a good way of explaining things. Maybe he should have been a preacher? Smile

93For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:28 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What about the tsunami that killed 200,000 people? Are you saying all those people should have known that was gonna happen?
Or the earthquake in Haiti that killed another 220,000? How were they supposed to know that was gonna happen?

94For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:30 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Most of you on here, I think, are Obama voters and supporters. How do you post your anti-religion comments, calling believers stupid and gullible, and weak, etc... and reconcile your thoughts about believers with Obama saying in Oklahoma, just minutes ago:

"God has a plan"

It's not as if there is any choice here. Every electable candidate has to come out and profess their religion. No atheist candidates stand a chance in current times.

95For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:31 am

Nekochan wrote:

I guess I'm not sure what you mean on this. Are Christians supposed to hide their faith, not talk about it? I get that the street preachers yelling at cars are annoying, but I'm not sure what you mean.

http://www.bibleversesbytopic.com/daily_devotions/daily_devotions_files/do_you_wear_your_religion_on_your_sleeve.html

The driver reminds me of someone on here.. Very Happy

96For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:34 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:

What about the tsunami that killed 200,000 people? Are you saying all those people should have known that was gonna happen?
Or the earthquake in Haiti that killed another 220,000? How were they supposed to know that was gonna happen?

Bob there are things beyond our control...we have tsunami warning systems but even our best efforts fail at times. The adage then would be to be always ready to meet your maker...children get a free pass for Christ said..allow the little children for these children are like those in heaven.

97For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:34 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Well, yes, different groups bash each other. But no, I am talking specifically about liberal atheists, including on this forum, who have called Christians weak minded and foolish, etc for having a belief in God. But then they say nothing when Obama declares that "God has a plan". Just recently, Seaoat had some flooding problems and he mentioned God's plan and he was called foolish or some such thing. But I have never seen a liberal on here call Obama foolish or weak for his proclamations about God.

Neko, I think we all know the poster to whom you refer. Cool Looks like she/he has decided not to take part in this conversation.

I, too was sickened by that person's attack on Seaoat's beliefs.

98For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:35 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

http://www.bibleversesbytopic.com/daily_devotions/daily_devotions_files/do_you_wear_your_religion_on_your_sleeve.html

The driver reminds me of someone on here.. Very Happy

I don't believe that boasting about one's faith is a good thing. The Pharisees were "acting", they weren't sincere. If it's just an act, I don't think God is pleased with it.

99For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:39 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Most of you on here, I think, are Obama voters and supporters. How do you post your anti-religion comments, calling believers stupid and gullible, and weak, etc... and reconcile your thoughts about believers with Obama saying in Oklahoma, just minutes ago:

"God has a plan"

It's not as if there is any choice here. Every electable candidate has to come out and profess their religion. No atheist candidates stand a chance in current times.

Boards, I understand that you vote for people who you don't entirely agree with. I get that. Republicans do it too. I don't agree with every Republican politician about every thing.

What I am talking about though are atheist liberals who berate and belittle Christians for expressing their faith, calling them weak minded and foolish and all sorts of derogatory things, as if they are nuts. But not a word about Obama when he expresses his faith or beliefs. How can you think someone who is foolish and who believes in "fairy tales" is a good leader who makes reasoned decisions? Why bash other Christians for their faith, but not Obama?

No one has answered this yet.

100For the atheists.. - Page 4 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/27/2013, 10:46 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I Do you think that your god had a plan to kill 24 people with 7 of those being children?

Come to think of it, I've never heard the loved one of anyone killed in a tornado (or a hurricane or any other disaster) give God credit for that.
It's the strangest thing. Only the survivors seem to want to give him the credit. Go figure.

Good point, Bob.
But have you ever heard a parent who lost a child say that God helped them through it?

OK, I've read the whole thread now. And Neko, you nailed the whole issue with your question above. It's not about what happens - those things over which we have no control - it's how we mange to get through those bad times. That's when faith in a higher power, God, the force, the source or whatever a person believes can bring a person through.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum