Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atheists force their religious beliefs on everyone else.

+3
Markle
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/atheists-torpedo-student-choirs-for-christmas/

A Wisconsin-based atheist group helped kill a 25-year Christmas tradition for choir students in an Oregon public school district.

The Grotto’s Christmas Festival of Lights has been held in Portland, Oregon, for over two decades, featuring choirs from churches, schools and other organizations. The event is held in a botanical garden and Catholic shrine.

A complaint filed in the district by the Freedom from Religion Foundation prompted officials to ban all school choirs from performing at the festival, the Oregonian reported Thursday.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/atheists-torpedo-student-choirs-for-christmas/#OpL3rge8ZEivtevj.99

boards of FL

boards of FL

Good god you're an idiot.

Atheists have no religious beliefs.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:Good god you're an idiot.  

By definition they don't believe in a god but they do have the belief and practice (religion) that no one else should believe in god. Then they impose that belief on others as shown by the post....(insert pejorative here)....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

religion

noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Good god you're an idiot.  

By definition they don't believe in a god but they do have the belief and practice (religion) that no one else should believe in god. Then they impose that belief on others as shown by the post....(insert pejorative here)....

Very true. The Supreme Court has ruled that Atheism is, in fact, a religion. That must really drive the Heathens here nuts.

2seaoat

Atheism most certainly is a religion. They believe in the absence of God which cannot be proven, and other religions believe in God which also cannot be proven. There is a spectrum of belief or non belief, but each has faith that their paradigm is correct.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:Atheism most certainly is a religion.  They believe in the absence of God which cannot be proven, and other religions believe in God which also cannot be proven.  There is a spectrum of belief or non belief, but each has faith that their paradigm is correct.

Hence , the 1st amendment is violated by their actions against other religions....

boards of FL

boards of FL

So if one considers the claim of Zeus, and then says "Nah. I don't believe that." Is that statement a religion? Is a lack of belief in Zeus a religion?

Of course it isn't, though you guys are trying to say that it is.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:So if one considers the claim of Zeus, and then says "Nah.  I don't believe that."  Is that statement a religion?  Is a lack of belief in Zeus a religion?

Just make up your own damned language as you go.....who needs a common understanding to discuss anything ? They probably taught that in your grade school. Marriage isn't marriage anymore and gay sure doesn't mean high spirits.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Very true.  The Supreme Court has ruled that Atheism is, in fact, a religion.  That must really drive the Heathens here nuts.

After I read your post I went nuts and then got on the phone immediately and made an appointment with a psychiatrist.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:So if one considers the claim of Zeus, and then says "Nah.  I don't believe that."  Is that statement a religion?  Is a lack of belief in Zeus a religion?

Just make up your own damned language as you go.....who needs a common understanding to discuss anything ? They probably taught that in your grade school. Marriage isn't marriage anymore and gay sure  doesn't mean high spirits.

What is the religion called for people who don't believe in Zeus?

What is the religion called for people who don't believe in the Easter Bunny?

Etc.

Etc.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/atheists-torpedo-student-choirs-for-christmas/

A Wisconsin-based atheist group helped kill a 25-year Christmas tradition for choir students in an Oregon public school district.

The Grotto’s Christmas Festival of Lights has been held in Portland, Oregon, for over two decades, featuring choirs from churches, schools and other organizations. The event is held in a botanical garden and Catholic shrine.

A complaint filed in the district by the Freedom from Religion Foundation prompted officials to ban all school choirs from performing at the festival, the Oregonian reported Thursday.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/atheists-torpedo-student-choirs-for-christmas/#OpL3rge8ZEivtevj.99

Why the fuck should someone who's not a Christian be forced to hear, look at, experience a Christian ritual in a public school? Doesn't matter whether the offended person is an atheist, a Jew, a Muslim, a Buddhist, whatever. Fuck Christian bullshit forced on anyone anywhere. Ditto for any other religious bullshit. Welcome to America where there is no State religion.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/atheists-torpedo-student-choirs-for-christmas/

Why the fuck should someone who's not a Christian be forced to hear, look at, experience a Christian ritual in a public school?  Doesn't matter whether the offended person is an atheist, a Jew, a Muslim, a Buddhist, whatever.  Fuck Christian bullshit forced on anyone anywhere.  Ditto for any other religious bullshit.  Welcome to America where there is no State religion.

You're so cute when you behave like a spoiled little girl on a kindergarten playground.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t18184p165-strange-is-it-not-how-our-good-friend-and-resident-heathen-wordslinger-spends-so-much-time-posting-threads-about-faith-and-religion?highlight=Wordslinger

Atheists force their religious beliefs on everyone else. Hamlet_quote_t_shirt-p2359314148773-1

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:

Why the fuck should someone who's not a Christian be forced to hear, look at, experience a Christian ritual in a public school?  Doesn't matter whether the offended person is an atheist, a Jew, a Muslim, a Buddhist, whatever.  Fuck Christian bullshit forced on anyone anywhere.  Ditto for any other religious bullshit.  Welcome to America where there is no State religion.

Well Obama thinks you should listen to the Muslim call to prayer often daily...it's so pretty....but of course Muslims are violent and would cut off your head for deriding their faith....not so likely with Christians they'll just go along to get along with our cantankerous  fellow citizens .

excerpt NY Times:

“I was a little Jakarta street kid,” he said in a wide-ranging interview in his office [...]. He once got in trouble for making faces during Koran study classes in his elementary school, but a president is less likely to stereotype Muslims as fanatics — and more likely to be aware of their nationalism — if he once studied the Koran with them.

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

Has it really come to this where the uninformed minorities and their leftist overlords are going to put this guy in the White House?

It’s just shocking to imagine this guy in power.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

You're so cute when you behave like a spoiled little girl on a kindergarten playground.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t18184p165-strange-is-it-not-how-our-good-friend-and-resident-heathen-wordslinger-spends-so-much-time-posting-threads-about-faith-and-religion?highlight=Wordslinger

Atheists force their religious beliefs on everyone else. Hamlet_quote_t_shirt-p2359314148773-1

I know you've got the hots for me Markle, but I'm straight. Go find someone who will love you right back.

2seaoat

Hence , the 1st amendment is violated by their actions against other religions....

Nope. If the government promotes a particular religion it is a violation and those petitioning the government to cease that religious activity usually win. However, the separation is not absolute and you will see prayers in congress to open a session.

Atheism is a belief system. The absence of God. A belief system which believes in God may not believe in Zeus, the Easter Bunny, etc. It does nothing to change the belief in the concept of God, or the belief that God does not exist. Both are belief systems which are religious in that each has faith about something which cannot be verified by experience or knowledge.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:
Atheism is a belief system.  

No. It is not. You are objectively wrong there. Atheism is not a positive assertion about anything. It is simply a denial of ancient mythology. You all are atheists with respect to the tens of thousands of other gods that have been worshipped. As Dawkins says, I just go one god further than you guys do. And that is not a religion by any stretch of the word.

boards of FL

boards of FL

But what is particularly funny about this line of argument - that you and others are making, 2seaoat - is that you guys are tacitly acknowledging that religion is bullshit, so you're trying to attach the term to my stance on the subject so as to hopefully mitigate that stance. You're basically saying, "Yeah? Well? Uh....Uh....Well what you believe is a religion too!!!!".

But you're still wrong. Ouch.

2seaoat

God either exists or does not exist. If you believe God exists, you have faith in something which cannot be verified. If you believe that God does not exist, you have faith in something which cannot be verified, or at least has not been verified to date. Both are faith based and not much difference in the belief system.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:God either exists or does not exist.   If you believe God exists, you have faith in something which cannot be verified.   If you believe that God does not exist, you have faith in something which cannot be verified, or at least has not been verified to date.  Both are faith based and not much difference in the belief system.

You're committing a logical fallacy here. Watch. I'll commit it as well.

The tooth fairy either exists or does not exist. Therefore, that must mean that the likelihood of the existence of the tooth fairy is 50:50.

2seaoat

No, just because there are two options, like there are two options for Global climate change, does not in any way impact the probability. Probability stands alone. Your logical fallacy is that the number of a hypothesis somehow impacts the facts and discovery. Absurd.

God exists or does not exist. You are free to practice your religion in America.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I know you've got the hots for me Markle, but I'm straight.  Go find someone who will love you right back.

Seems that you're the one who rants and goes out of their way to deny their homosexuality. Besides, isn't that a GREAT thing to be nowadays?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I know you've got the hots for me Markle, but I'm straight.  Go find someone who will love you right back.

Seems that you're the one who rants and goes out of their way to deny their homosexuality.  Besides, isn't that a GREAT thing to be nowadays?

Look, I have no problems with you being a homosexual. Enjoy. LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Say, Markle ... I just remembered those astounding stories you wrote last year in the forum ... tell us again about your extraordinary adventures in the bath houses of San Francisco. I'm sure SucksObama would like to hear them! ...

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Say, Markle ... I just remembered those astounding stories you wrote last year in the forum ... tell us again about your extraordinary adventures in the bath houses of San Francisco.  I'm sure SucksObama would like to hear them! ...

THANK YOU! I knew I could count on you to get all homophobe. You're just too easy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum