Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the atheists..

+6
gulfbeachbandit
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:33 pm

[quote="Nekochan"]
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Most of you on here, I think, are Obama voters and supporters. How do you post your anti-religion comments, calling believers stupid and gullible, and weak, etc... and reconcile your thoughts about believers with Obama saying in Oklahoma, just minutes ago:

"God has a plan"

And I am serious here. I really wonder about it. Can any of you answer how you so strongly support Obama (or any President who is a believer) when you consider believers to be weak minded and foolish in their thinking and beliefs?

Do you really want to start a food fight over Faith...? Seriously.

You are free to not participate in this thread. Seriously.

Thanx for your permission.

You are now free to ignore my concise assessment, which you obviously dismiss out of hand because you're pedant who never asks any question w/out a predetermined correct answer.

I'm still praying for you. So far the answer has been no.

Thank you and you're very welcome. I know you walk on an emotionally delicate tightrope and I wouldn't want you to get yourself all worked up over a thread that upsets you and sets you off on another rant of personal threats.

Really. LOL

That explains the passive aggressive baiting rhetoric straight outta your ass, amiright...?

I'm having a large time these days. So sorry your life sucks. You should prolly pray about that.

in edit:

Oh goody. I see now there's 4 folk here who are hidden. I wonder who showed up to join the fun....LOL.

Troll on.

Last edited by Red Kneckerson on 5/26/2013, 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

27For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:34 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:This is a tough question ...first off they call it tornado alley and people choose to live there. There are also people living in the far reaches of Alaska where it is brutal and cold...but they take precautions to adapt themselves to the land where they live. If I stand naked in Alaska and ask God why I am freezing to death he might question my intelligence. He might say build a fire kill, a Caribou and make you a coat or build a shelter. Same goes for Tornado alley build a shelter for your children . It's like a Motorcycle when you begin to ignore the dangers of riding it you quickly may get a brutal lesson even fatal...God gives us a brain to survive practically anywhere on earth but knowing the danger we must be vigilante prepared and after that trust him...

Unfortunately the children who died didn't have the foresight to build a shelter for themselves. But that's no excuse to God, he went ahead and killed them anyway. It's not surprising though, since he killed all the children of the Egyptians to punish their parents too.
We just need to make children understand that, whenever their parents screw up , the children are gonna be held responsible for it. And then maybe those children will get off their asses and start making their parents do right.

28For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:38 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'm not an atheist. I am a Democrat, and I supported Obama over any other candidate in 2008, as did the majority of the people. I remember standing in line to vote early and watching the faces of the people ahead of me in line...LOL...they couldn't STAND to see the number of...shall we just say...diverse...people converging on the library (old Tryon branch). The hatred was written all over their faces...and the fear. Wherever there's hatred, you'll find fear.

There is a God...the God of all. Call Him by whatever name you want. And, if He's capable of hatred, what He hates the most is people that do evil in His name and try to use His teachings to belittle, demean and demonize other people, instead of following His Word...whose "faith" is shrill and condemning, mostly self-serving and fake...what my grandpa used to call..."screw-you-on-Saturday-Sunday-go-to-meetin'"...fake holy rollers with an agenda...furthest thing from Christianity.

Those people that died...they're in His arms now. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more trying to live in a world dominated by greedy, selfish, lying, POS, holier-than-thou "Christians".

29For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:I don't know who Bob voted for but he sure hasn't been posting rosy comments recently about Obama. lol.

I haven't voted FOR anybody in the last three elections.

In 2004 I voted against Gore because he's as goofy as hell. At the time i didn't know Bush was goofy as hell too.
In 2008 I voted against McCain because I didn't want that iraq nonsense to last 100 years like he did.
And in 2012 I voted against Obama cause he's not worth a shit either. But it sure wasn't because I had any warm and fuzzy feelings about Romney.

In the next election I'm gonna be a yellow dog independent. No more republicans or democrats for me ever again.

30For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:43 pm

Bob wrote:
Unfortunately the children who died didn't have the foresight to build a shelter for themselves. But that's no excuse to God, he went ahead and killed them anyway. It's not surprising though, since he killed all the children of the Egyptians to punish their parents too.
]b]We just need to make children understand that, whenever their parents screw up , the children are gonna be held responsible for it.[/b] And then maybe those children will get off their asses and start making their parents do right.

Bob are you insinuating that The Phelps Family and those at Westboro Baptist Church are on to something?

31For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:45 pm

Floridatexan wrote:I'm not an atheist. I am a Democrat, and I supported Obama over any other candidate in 2008, as did the majority of the people. I remember standing in line to vote early and watching the faces of the people ahead of me in line...LOL...they couldn't STAND to see the number of...shall we just say...diverse...people converging on the library (old Tryon branch). The hatred was written all over their faces...and the fear. Wherever there's hatred, you'll find fear.

There is a God...the God of all. Call Him by whatever name you want. And, if He's capable of hatred, what He hates the most is people that do evil in His name and try to use His teachings to belittle, demean and demonize other people, instead of following His Word...whose "faith" is shrill and condemning, mostly self-serving and fake...what my grandpa used to call..."screw-you-on-Saturday-Sunday-go-to-meetin'"...fake holy rollers with an agenda...furthest thing from Christianity.

Those people that died...they're in His arms now. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more trying to live in a world dominated by greedy, selfish, lying, POS, holier-than-thou "Christians".

"Those people that died...they're in His arms now. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more trying to live in a world dominated by greedy, selfish, lying, POS, holier-than-thou "Christians"."

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

32For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:48 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Bob wrote:
]b]We just need to make children understand that, whenever their parents screw up , the children are gonna be held responsible for it.[/b] And then maybe those children will get off their asses and start making their parents do right.

Bob are you insinuating that The Phelps Family and those at Westboro Baptist Church are on to something?

Well Brother, they are definitely on something. Their twisted beliefs make me wanna punch a Nun and kick out a stained glass window,....and I like Nuns.

God Bless these Bikers....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/25/oklahoma-bikers-guard-against-westboro_n_3333905.html

33For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:51 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't have a problem with the President refering to God in his speeches.

I chuckle out loud when I hear folks rant about him being a closet Muslim from Kenya; or, when they rant about how he attended Reverend Wright's church "for 20 years!!!!"

Faith in God is deep and personal for many. That is how I think the President views it.

The true believers are the ones who don't wear it on their sleeves, assault people with it on street corners, or who stand in judgement of people they deem unworthy (because they are not like themselves).

Mark Hall of the Contemporary Christian rock group Casting Crowns sings about it in the song: "Jesus Friend of Sinners"

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

34For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:52 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="Red Kneckerson"]
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Most of you on here, I think, are Obama voters and supporters. How do you post your anti-religion comments, calling believers stupid and gullible, and weak, etc... and reconcile your thoughts about believers with Obama saying in Oklahoma, just minutes ago:

"God has a plan"

And I am serious here. I really wonder about it. Can any of you answer how you so strongly support Obama (or any President who is a believer) when you consider believers to be weak minded and foolish in their thinking and beliefs?

Do you really want to start a food fight over Faith...? Seriously.

You are free to not participate in this thread. Seriously.

Thanx for your permission.

You are now free to ignore my concise assessment, which you obviously dismiss out of hand because you're pedant who never asks any question w/out a predetermined correct answer.

I'm still praying for you. So far the answer has been no.

Thank you and you're very welcome. I know you walk on an emotionally delicate tightrope and I wouldn't want you to get yourself all worked up over a thread that upsets you and sets you off on another rant of personal threats.

Really. LOL

That explains the passive aggressive baiting rhetoric straight outta your ass, amiright...?

I'm having a large time these days. So sorry your life sucks. You should prolly pray about that.

in edit:

Oh goody. I see now there's 4 folk here who are hidden. I wonder who showed up to join the fun....LOL.

Troll on.

What is a "large time"? Is there a such thing as a "small time"?
Are you some kind of an expert on sucky lives?

35For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:54 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

So you are saying that there is no hell, only heaven? How can that be when the book that Christians live by says just the opposite and that the God of that book condemns the unbelievers to an eternity in hell.

36For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:55 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If I drive drunk and kill a family does god get blamed ? If I ignore history and let a dictator into power and he enslaves my kids does god get blamed..heck we are so pure totally helpless to accept that we ourselves are to blame for our misery ..if I stick my penis in crap and get flesh-eating bacteria...well that's just stupid, who would do that...?

37For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:55 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

FT, nice post.
Z, let me just say that I don't have a problem with Obama expressing his faith. I just don't know how those who call Christians stupid, foolish, weak....can think Obama is so great.

38For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:59 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nothing nice about FTs post..she blames the followers of Christ for the troubles of the world ...that is just stupid... As far as children in hell...God's call not mine.

39For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:00 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Nothing nice about FTs post..she blames the followers of Christ for the troubles of the world ...that is just stupid... As far as children in hell...God's call not mine.
I will reread her post, but that's not how I took it?
**OK, I reread it and I think I see what you're getting at. I don't think that's really what she meant. I think it's more a slam on Republican believers than anything, but at least she didn't tell Republicans to rot in hell. lol.

I do agree with the part she said about the evil who claim to do things in God's name.

40For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:05 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

So you are saying that there is no hell, only heaven? How can that be when the book that Christians live by says just the opposite and that the God of that book condemns the unbelievers to an eternity in hell.

The Pope says it's ok now..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/pope-francis-good-atheists_n_3320757.html

41For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:05 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Christians should be looked on as people that know they are sin-sick and in need of help...they are getting help the best they can considering what's out there in Corporate Christianity for profit...the rest either think they are going to lawyer up on god and show god how wrong god has been ..like Bob or they just are not aware that they are sinners..or just don't give a damn...

42For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:09 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I guess the thing that's so unrealistic about some Christian bashers is that they seem to think that Christians should live perfectly. They think that Christians should always do good and right and never sin or else they are not "real" Christians. It's not like that. Christians don't claim to live perfect, sinless lives that are in perfect harmony with God. Christians struggle through life, they sin, they make bad decisions and mistakes just like everyone else.

43For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:I guess the thing that's so unrealistic about some Christian bashers is that they seem to think that Christians should live perfectly. They think that Christians should always do good and right and never sin or else they are not "real" Christians. It's not like that. Christians don't claim to live perfect, sinless lives that are in perfect harmony with God. Christians struggle through life, they sin, they make bad decisions and mistakes just like everyone else.

cheers cheers cheers

44For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:15 pm

I'm pretty sure if I can pick out a fake "Christian" their god should be able to figure it out too..

I wonder who they think they're foolin?

45For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:17 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

For all you liberals that have given over all responsibility for caring for your aged and ill relatives...here's what Timothy says....

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But
if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own
house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

46For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:18 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:I'm pretty sure if I can pick out a fake "Christian" their god should be able to figure it out too..

I wonder who they think they're foolin?

It's impossible to pick out a fake from a real Christian if you think real Christians live sinless lives. They are all fake, in that case.

47For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:I guess the thing that's so unrealistic about some Christian bashers is that they seem to think that Christians should live perfectly. They think that Christians should always do good and right and never sin or else they are not "real" Christians. It's not like that. Christians don't claim to live perfect, sinless lives that are in perfect harmony with God. Christians struggle through life, they sin, they make bad decisions and mistakes just like everyone else.

Good points. That is the way it is with me. I happen to be a believer. With me it is very deep and extremely personal. I don't wear my faith on my sleeve and rant on street corners. I don't judge others if they are non-belivers. I make mistakes (lots of them....). I tell folks I have more faults than an earthquake zone. Christianity for me has been a 37 year struggle-but it is and will remain a struggle worth keeping.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

48For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:21 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Bob wrote:

Well actually the part of the quote you put in red comes from the Bible.
That's exactly what happened with Passover. The adult Egyptians broke bad and then God sent his Angel of Death to kill the first born children of the Egyptians.
All I'm doing is relating that to what we're discussing here. As teo points out, the parents screwed up by not providing good enough shelter for the kids. And so God punished the seven kids for that and let the parents live.
Not sure what Fred Phelps believes. All that is a little too convoluted for my simple mind to grasp.

49For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:25 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:For all you liberals that have given over all responsibility for caring for your aged and ill relatives...here's what Timothy says....

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But
if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own
house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

That's a difficult situation, Teo. And it's going to become a really big problem over the next 25 years. My own mother was cared for by my oldest brother until he couldn't physically care for her any more. My brother is an angel for what he did. It was not easy. Even when he couldn't care for her anymore, he was there to check on her multiple times a week to make sure she was being cared for.

50For the atheists.. - Page 2 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 4:32 pm

Since there are people on this forum that call themselves Christians, the Bible says in Matthew 7:20 that "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

From what I see, and not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, some of of those here that call themselves Christians have a potty mouth with some of the vilest and vulgar language I have ever heard, yet they say they are Christian.

IMO that is not how a Cristian should portray themselves. These are the ones that I would say are the fake Christians. If I have stepped on any toes, then I offer my sincerest apologies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum