Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the atheists..

+6
gulfbeachbandit
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 9:29 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, the thread ended up on a Bush bashing note. I did not start the thread in order to bash or question any President's beliefs or politics. And I did not get an answer that makes sense to me. If a forum member or your average Joe/Jane is weak minded and foolish for believing in God, why isn't our President weak minded and foolish for believing in God?

177For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 9:43 am

I don't think the content of what obama says has much to do with those that support him... neither do results.

178For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 9:52 am

Nekochan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:I'm pretty sure if I can pick out a fake "Christian" their god should be able to figure it out too..

I wonder who they think they're foolin?

It's impossible to pick out a fake from a real Christian if you think real Christians live sinless lives. They are all fake, in that case.

No one lives a "sinless life". That person doesn't exist. We are all fallible, whether we want to believe it or not. What I try to do is be my authentic self. ..the person I was meant to be...and to carry that thought into all my dealings with other people. I don't have one personality for business and another for my friends...even if it means (and it has) that I cause a rift between me and my siblings/other friends/whomever. I won't cheat people, no matter what the "prize". I won't, to the best of my knowledge and ability, allow other people to take advantage of others, if I can stop it...and I will call out a charlatan in a heartbeat.

I understand and it's why I said that one's personal religious beliefs shape every aspect of their life and anyone who would lie about their religious beliefs cannot be trusted with the business of the country. That's what I think, anyway.

I said that one's personal religious beliefs shape every aspect of their life and anyone who would lie about their religious beliefs cannot be trusted

That's quite a statement. Do your personal religious beliefs shape every aspect of your life....?

179For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 10:07 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I didn't start the thread to discuss my personal religious beliefs. I just had a question for those who have mocked believers.

180For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 10:09 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote: who are the fake followers of Christ? and would they be much different than an atheist?

don't let them kid you, honey, the fake followers of christ and the atheists are the same thing. they just use different names is all.

Not by a long shot. Quite honestly Bob, that post to really offensive to me as an atheist. It also make absolutely no sense since we do not believe there is a god, so how can we be fake Christians? Your posts are usually very enlightening and profound, however this one has to be the most idiotic I have ever seen from you.

It was a sarcastic reply. Of course atheists are not "followers of christ" be it fake or otherwise. If someone is an atheist it's a contradiction in terms for him to also be a follower of christ. Like so much I read on this forum the very idea of it is so nonsensical that it gives me a headache.

181For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 10:14 am

Bob wrote:
It was a sarcastic reply. Of course atheists are not "followers of christ" be it fake or otherwise. If someone is an atheist it's a contradiction in terms for him to also be a follower of christ. Like so much I read on this forum the very idea of it is so nonsensical that it gives me a headache.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

182For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 10:51 am

Nekochan wrote:I didn't start the thread to discuss my personal religious beliefs. I just had a question for those who have mocked believers.

So everyone else's beliefs are fodder for your machine, but yours are off limits to discuss. Wow....ain't you the bees knees...?

You mock other folk about their beliefs while making a bold faced assertion that everyone's lives are shaped by their personal religious beliefs, and then have the gall to refuse to make even a statement about your own belief system....?

You just made a mockery of your entire pious diatribe painfully disguised as a personal attack on Dreams, amiright...?

So much for your cred on this issue, Torquemado Jr.

Get along now, and go break the rest of those Commandments you obviously disregard.

I WAS right from the get go. Sucks huh...?

I'll pray for ya.

183For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 10:54 am

I'm a follower of christ. I've read the books... sang the songs... even seen the movies.

I'm a big fan.

184For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 11:10 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I'm a follower of christ. I've read the books... sang the songs... even seen the movies.

I'm a big fan.

I'll have to admit that when Charlton Heston parted the red sea and all those horses and people ran through the ocean that did give me goose bumps.
But I didn't cry like I did at the end of Old Yeller.

185For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 11:24 am

PkrBum wrote:I'm a follower of christ. I've read the books... sang the songs... even seen the movies.

I'm a big fan.

Uh huh. Ya know what they say about big fans doncha...?

They sure do blow a lotta hot air around. Smile

186For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 11:45 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I didn't start the thread to discuss my personal religious beliefs. I just had a question for those who have mocked believers.

So everyone else's beliefs are fodder for your machine, but yours are off limits to discuss. Wow....ain't you the bees knees...?

You mock other folk about their beliefs while making a bold faced assertion that everyone's lives are shaped by their personal religious beliefs, and then have the gall to refuse to make even a statement about your own belief system....?

You just made a mockery of your entire pious diatribe painfully disguised as a personal attack on Dreams, amiright...?

Get along now, and go break the rest of those Commandments you obviously disregard.

I'll pray for ya.

Nice try, but I haven't asked anyone what they believe. My question was for those who mock believers and I didn't ask them what they believe either. Next thing, you'll be posting names and making threats again. Rolling Eyes

187For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 12:05 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

I'll pray for ya.

Nice try, but I haven't asked anyone what they believe. My question was for those who mock believers and I didn't ask them what they believe either. Next thing, you'll be posting names and making threats again. Rolling Eyes

For shame. Still wiping that fat ass with the 10 Commandments, aintcha bitch....?

What a POS guttersnipe liar. Your whole premise was an indictment, asking folk what they believe and demanding that they defend it.

Jesus Chrust wouldn't piss in your ear if that trailer park in your head was burning down and killin' babies.

The thread was all about hypocrites....and you're an expert in dissembling, spinning, dodging, and walking back the shit you spout.

I would tell you to go to Hell, but that's reserved for God to do at the Judgement.

188For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 12:20 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

I'll pray for ya.

For shame. Still wiping that fat ass with the 10 Commandments, aintcha bitch....?

What a POS guttersnipe liar. Your whole premise was an indictment, asking folk what they believe and demanding that they defend it.

Jesus Chrust wouldn't piss in your ear if that trailer park in your head was burning down and killin' babies.

The thread was all about hypocrites....and you're an expert in dissembling, spinning, dodging, and walking back the shit you spout.

I would tell you to go to Hell, but that's reserved for God to do at the Judgement.

There you go getting yourself all worked up. Control yourself a little, if you can.

189For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 12:35 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

I'll pray for ya.

There you go getting yourself all worked up. Control yourself a little, if you can.

LOL in yer ugly fat face.

I'm gonna bump this thread until the Rapture comes and we believer's with enough Faith to stand up and be counted just take flight and leave your heathen ass to die like a stuck sow hawg in a filthy sty.

I mean....everyone is entitled to your opinion and abuse, amiright...?

Praise the Lord anyhow.

BUMP

190For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 1:50 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

I'll pray for ya.

I'm gonna bump this thread until the Rapture comes and we believer's with enough Faith to stand up and be counted just take flight and leave your heathen ass to die like a stuck sow hawg in a filthy sty.

Praise the Lord anyhow.

BUMP

That's a nice tag line you have there.
Calm yourself down. Stalking and harassing me on here cannot be good for you. No

191For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 1:53 pm

PkrBum wrote:I don't think the content of what obama says has much to do with those that support him... neither do results.

For the atheists.. - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrD6RBYFgaT1m97m0avoD_Qqe5otM7RNyeXH8xsd_v2Zv0SYk3

What he says has content?????

I thought since he started distancing himself from the Occupy Movement he's been pretty consistent in distancing himself from things that show content, much less leadership Rolling Eyes , like; the Fast & Furious program, IRS profiling, AP seizures, etc...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO62scTZ7Qk

Smile

192For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 3:32 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

I'll pray for ya.

Praise the Lord anyhow.

BUMP

That's a nice tag line you have there.
Calm yourself down. Stalking and harassing me on here cannot be good for you. No

You like that...? I borrowed it from your POS lapdog troll. Get back to me when you call his ass in on the carpet for defining what stalking really is, bitch.

BTW....if I was stalking you, I'd be on you like white on rice, trashing every one of your posts, and shoveling that shit right back in your fat face.

But I'll be damned if you will get over on me, ever again. Not gonna happen cause you ain't got a foolish sympathetic ear to whine at...someone who will believe your shit and vanquish your enemies list.

Keep running your mouth, telling lies about me, and dodging truth when your agenda is filleted like a mullet, and I'll respond accordingly.

BUMP

193For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/28/2013, 10:13 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

I'll pray for ya.

If you want to believe in God that's fine,Neko. My limits get pushed when people start saying acts of nature are God's will. You might as well say God created the tsunami and killed all those people because it was his will or the tornado victims too. Simply ridiculous.

194For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 9:29 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I understand it being difficult to believe or even "crazy" sounding to believe that there is a God who causes natural disasters. But isn't it just as crazy sounding to believe that God has a plan for each of us and that he does HIS will through us? That kind of statement suggests that we are predestined by God to have certain experiences in life and it outright claims that God uses people to do his Will. How is that less ridiculous than the idea that God causes natural disasters? Are Obama's beliefs ridiculous or not?

195For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 10:02 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:I understand it being difficult to believe or even "crazy" sounding to believe that there is a God who causes natural disasters. But isn't it just as crazy sounding to believe that God has a plan for each of us and that he does HIS will through us? That kind of statement suggests that we are predestined by God to have certain experiences in life and it outright claims that God uses people to do his Will. How is that less ridiculous than the idea that God causes natural disasters? Are Obama's beliefs ridiculous or not?

I don't necessarily think President Obama's beliefs are ridiculous, but he doesn't believe in the same Power I do. The "God has a plan" notion has always been absurd to me, ever since I was a child. But that's just me.

The Power in which I believe doesn't cause natural disasters as part of some kind of cosmic plan, but the Power is there to help us deal if we are willing to simply plug in. I have never understood why people don't understand that it is our willingness to do the next right thing - the kind thing, the honorable and courageous thing - that matters, not the will of some nebulous supreme being. Blasphemy to some, I realize, but that's my take on it.

Handing over our will to a nebulous being, and then blaming that being for all that goes wrong in the world by calling it "God's plan" or "God's will" is a cop out, in my view.

196For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 10:15 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Thank you PB and Dreams, both of you.
I didn't start the thread to start a fight. I respect everyone's belief as long as they don't use it as an excuse to hurt other people. I've noticed Obama's comments about his religion over the years and I believe his religion to be, based on his own words, a belief that God is always here with us and that God is involved in our lives and has a plan for each of us and that He uses events and people to do His will. It is not an odd or unusual belief for a Christian to have. What Obama said in OK the other day is not outside the mainstream Christian belief. But clearly, the God that Obama believes in is not a God who just sits back and watches things.

197For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 10:44 am

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I understand it being difficult to believe or even "crazy" sounding to believe that there is a God who causes natural disasters. But isn't it just as crazy sounding to believe that God has a plan for each of us and that he does HIS will through us? That kind of statement suggests that we are predestined by God to have certain experiences in life and it outright claims that God uses people to do his Will. How is that less ridiculous than the idea that God causes natural disasters? Are Obama's beliefs ridiculous or not?

I don't necessarily think President Obama's beliefs are ridiculous, but he doesn't believe in the same Power I do. The "God has a plan" notion has always been absurd to me, ever since I was a child. But that's just me.

The Power in which I believe doesn't cause natural disasters as part of some kind of cosmic plan, but the Power is there to help us deal if we are willing to simply plug in. I have never understood why people don't understand that it is our willingness to do the next right thing - the kind thing, the honorable and courageous thing - that matters, not the will of some nebulous supreme being. Blasphemy to some, I realize, but that's my take on it.

Handing over our will to a nebulous being, and then blaming that being for all that goes wrong in the world by calling it "God's plan" or "God's will" is a cop out, in my view.

PB, a few of my religious studies professors in college stated that the God of Christianity does not cause these catastrophes. According to their teaching God allows these to happen as a test of faith.

198For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 10:46 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:Thank you PB and Dreams, both of you.
I didn't start the thread to start a fight. I respect everyone's belief as long as they don't use it as an excuse to hurt other people. I've noticed Obama's comments about his religion over the years and I believe his religion to be, based on his own words, a belief that God is always here with us and that God is involved in our lives and has a plan for each of us and that He uses events and people to do His will. It is not an odd or unusual belief for a Christian to have. What Obama said in OK the other day is not outside the mainstream Christian belief. But clearly, the God that Obama believes in is not a God who just sits back and watches things.

And hey Neko, I wasn't fighting or arguing. This is an old, old issue with me.

I don't often talk about my personal beliefs, but the notion that God is responsible for things like tornadoes, hurricanes, drive-by shootings and murder, as well as responsible for all the pain that follows, somehow seems like a slap in the face to God to me. The power in which I believe, whom I do refer to as God most of the time, would grieve with the families, not cause that sort of destruction and pain in the first place. I believe in a loving God, not a vengeful God. Never, ever a vengeful God. Perhaps this is what keeps me sane during the hard times; I don't know. Smile

I don't know if it qualifies me as a Christian, but I also believe in the words and actions of Jesus Christ. If the world could live by the principles Jesus explained in his sermon on the mount, what a different world we would have! But we humans, we just can't seem to do it. That's where free will comes in, unfortunately.

I have a sister who has been trying to "save" me for decades. She is a beautiful woman with a strong faith, and she fears for my soul. She was pleased when I told her several years ago that yes, I believe in the principles Jesus exemplifies. She knows that may be the best this heathen can do. Very Happy

199For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 10:52 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Thank you PB and Dreams, both of you.

And hey Neko, I wasn't fighting or arguing. This is an old, old issue with me.

I don't often talk about my personal beliefs, but the notion that God is responsible for things like tornadoes, hurricanes, drive-by shootings and murder, as well as responsible for all the pain that follows, somehow seems like a slap in the face to God to me. The power in which I believe, whom I do refer to as God most of the time, would grieve with the families, not cause that sort of destruction and pain in the first place. I believe in a loving God, not a vengeful God. Never, ever a vengeful God. Perhaps this is what keeps me sane during the hard times; I don't know. Smile

I don't know if it qualifies me as a Christian, but I also believe in the words and actions of Jesus Christ. If the world could live by the principles Jesus explained in his sermon on the mount, what a different world we would have! But we humans, we just can't seem to do it. That's where free will comes in, unfortunately.

I have a sister who has been trying to "save" me for decades. She is a beautiful woman with a strong faith, and she fears for my soul. She was pleased when I told her several years ago that yes, I believe in the principles Jesus exemplifies. She knows that may be the best this heathen can do. Very Happy

Oh, I know you weren't arguing, PB. I appreciate your input.

200For the atheists.. - Page 8 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 10:55 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Oh, and my husband is very strong in his Christian faith. How he wound up with me is a mystery. My husband could easily have become a minister.

I'm not an atheist by any means, but I see elements in almost all religions that are helpful and applicable in life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum