Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad news for the resident liberal atheists

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.faithfamilyamerica.com/poll_shows_americans_want_more_religion_in_politics

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:http://www.faithfamilyamerica.com/poll_shows_americans_want_more_religion_in_politics

As I said in another thread,  Karl,  you right-wing christians sure do like a lot of the same things muslims do.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:http://www.faithfamilyamerica.com/poll_shows_americans_want_more_religion_in_politics

No doubt, if you confine a poll to a small collection of desperate, frightened folks who prefer mysticism and superstition to reality, you will get the polling results you're seeking.

If the poll results you report here are true, why do fewer and fewer Americans attend any church services?

Reality -- the one word that describes your deepest fear. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think it may be that Karl and I have one thing in common, wordslinger.
it could be that we're both misled about the relgious attitudes of the country as a whole because of where we live.

If we try to judge whether religion is growing or declining in America, we see it growing around us where we live here. Here, the most powerful AM radio station in our radio market is not even a "Christian radio station" like many others here. It's supposed to be a "news/talk" station. And yet the content on it's local talk shows is nothing but "praise jesus".

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:I think it may be that Karl and I have one thing in common,  wordslinger.  
it could be that we're both misled about the relgious attitudes of the country as a whole because of where we live.

If we try to judge whether religion is growing or declining in America,  we see it growing around us where we live here.  Here,  the most powerful AM radio station in our radio market is not even a "Christian radio station" like many others here.  It's supposed to be a "news/talk" station.  And yet the content on it's local talk shows is nothing but "praise jesus".

Good point, Bob. 

From experience, I know you won't find men holding up a Bible and yelling God-threats at people in cars stopped for a traffic signal in Los Angeles, Dallas, New York or Honolulu. 

Reality

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've visited those four cities in the last 3 years, wordslinger. And of course you're right that we don't see it there.

I've rethought this already. It's not really the local area and the local people which mislead me into thinking religion is on the upswing. It's that goddamn radio station.
And that's no exaggeration. I soak up WAY TOO much of that one little media source. I'm addicted to it the same way a tv audience was addicted to Morton Downey. I just loves to hate it. Kinda the same thing Karl and Markle have going with their hating on Obama. They're watching him. Their listening to him. But that's just so they can get themselves ginned up to hate him even more. Just like with me and Brother Carl. lol

I need to keep in mind that even though WEBY is the most powerful AM station between Jacksonville and New Orleans, that doesn't necessarily indicate there's a wide audience for it even here. And evidence for that is that hardly anybody in the local area I've ever encountered has ever even heard of this radio station when I describe it.
In other words in this case, broadcasting power doesn't correlate to the size of the radio audience.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:I've visited those four cities in the last 3 years,  wordslinger.  And of course you're right that we don't see it there.

I've rethought this already.  It's not really the local area and the local people which mislead me into thinking religion is on the upswing.  It's that goddamn radio station.  
And that's no exaggeration.  I soak up WAY TOO much of that one little media source.  I'm addicted to it the same way a tv audience was addicted to Morton Downey.  I just loves to hate it.  Kinda the same thing Karl and Markle have going with their hating on Obama.  They're watching him.  Their listening to him.  But that's just so they can get themselves ginned up to hate him even more.  Just like with me and Brother Carl.  lol

I need to keep in mind that even though WEBY is the most powerful AM station between Jacksonville and New Orleans,  that doesn't necessarily indicate there's a wide audience for it even here.  And evidence for that is that hardly anybody in the local area I've ever encountered has ever even heard of this radio station when I describe it.
In other words in this case,  broadcasting power doesn't correlate to the size of the radio audience.  

Becoming aware of a bad addiction is the first step to healing.  Good Luck!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:
Bob wrote:I've visited those four cities in the last 3 years,  wordslinger.  And of course you're right that we don't see it there.

I've rethought this already.  It's not really the local area and the local people which mislead me into thinking religion is on the upswing.  It's that goddamn radio station.  
And that's no exaggeration.  I soak up WAY TOO much of that one little media source.  I'm addicted to it the same way a tv audience was addicted to Morton Downey.  I just loves to hate it.  Kinda the same thing Karl and Markle have going with their hating on Obama.  They're watching him.  Their listening to him.  But that's just so they can get themselves ginned up to hate him even more.  Just like with me and Brother Carl.  lol

I need to keep in mind that even though WEBY is the most powerful AM station between Jacksonville and New Orleans,  that doesn't necessarily indicate there's a wide audience for it even here.  And evidence for that is that hardly anybody in the local area I've ever encountered has ever even heard of this radio station when I describe it.
In other words in this case,  broadcasting power doesn't correlate to the size of the radio audience.  

Becoming aware of a bad addiction is the first step to healing.  Good Luck!

Yes I am addicted to right-wing talk radio hating,  but it's a little different for me than for Karl/Markle and their addiction to Obama hating.

I see it for what it is which is like a free carnival act that I can take in right from my La z Boy.  Don't have to go to the carnival and pay to park,  etc.
Plus as I'm listening,  I can get snacks right out of my own fridge for cheap that I bought at the flea market.  I aint havin to pay carnival prices for junk food and $7 for a lousy beer.  I can buy a whole six pack of PBR for the same 7 bucks.
In other words,  it's  good cheap convenient and last but not least FREE entertainment.  lol

Markle and Karl,  on the other hand,  have a little different perspective on the media they're absorbing.
I've noticed that whenever I say anything negative about O'Reilly,  Markle especially gets his feathers ruffled and starts yelling "liar" at me.
I think Markle (and Karl and the rest of that ilk)  are true-believing fanboys of that right-wing wrastlin circus.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum