Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the atheists..

+6
gulfbeachbandit
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 11:16 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Some people will think it's nutty sounding, but I do think that God brings people together. And when we make mistakes or sometimes listen to people who don't have our best interests in mind, don't we often look back and say--I SHOULD have known that person was not my friend or didn't really love me, etc... The signs were there, I just didn't read them! Or, I KNEW I shouldn't have done that! I do think we have an inner voice that guides us -- if we could only learn to listen better. Some people think that voice is God. And maybe some just don't hear the voice at all.

So there, I am crazy too!

202For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 1:04 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:Some people will think it's nutty sounding, but I do think that God brings people together. And when we make mistakes or sometimes listen to people who don't have our best interests in mind, don't we often look back and say--I SHOULD have known that person was not my friend or didn't really love me, etc... The signs were there, I just didn't read them! Or, I KNEW I shouldn't have done that! I do think we have an inner voice that guides us -- if we could only learn to listen better. Some people think that voice is God. And maybe some just don't hear the voice at all.

Right on, Neko! That's what I'm talking about when I say "plugging in." It's just a metaphor for tuning in and becoming able to listen to that small, still voice inside.

I like to call the connections to which you refer synchronicity. It's amazing how many connections a person can see and realize when a person is open to same.

So we're both crazy. Very Happy

203For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 1:21 pm

2seaoat

PB, a few of my religious studies professors in college stated that the God of Christianity does not cause these catastrophes. According to their teaching God allows these to happen as a test of faith.

He has most certainly exercised the non intervention clause lately........I would prefer a multiple choice test.

204For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 2:37 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
And hey Neko, I wasn't fighting or arguing. This is an old, old issue with me.

I don't often talk about my personal beliefs, but the notion that God is responsible for things like tornadoes, hurricanes, drive-by shootings and murder, as well as responsible for all the pain that follows, somehow seems like a slap in the face to God to me. The power in which I believe, whom I do refer to as God most of the time, would grieve with the families, not cause that sort of destruction and pain in the first place. I believe in a loving God, not a vengeful God. Never, ever a vengeful God. Perhaps this is what keeps me sane during the hard times; I don't know. Smile

I don't know if it qualifies me as a Christian, but I also believe in the words and actions of Jesus Christ. If the world could live by the principles Jesus explained in his sermon on the mount, what a different world we would have! But we humans, we just can't seem to do it. That's where free will comes in, unfortunately.

I have a sister who has been trying to "save" me for decades. She is a beautiful woman with a strong faith, and she fears for my soul. She was pleased when I told her several years ago that yes, I believe in the principles Jesus exemplifies. She knows that may be the best this heathen can do. Very Happy

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2X4-m5ZT9OzRG3HQja72K0sVTBgWo4XC4X81eNF6023_3qwF2Gw

What God is capable of all depends on what your beliefs about God are...

Why should God's works not be both benevolent and malevolent?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1nY3jlq1M

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 5/29/2013, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

205For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/29/2013, 2:48 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:Right on, Neko! That's what I'm talking about when I say "plugging in." It's just a metaphor for tuning in and becoming able to listen to that small, still voice inside.

I like to call the connections to which you refer synchronicity. It's amazing how many connections a person can see and realize when a person is open to same.

So we're both crazy. Very Happy

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS33OqvgrTZ97JaIBIhTkiqHM7HL8QrFVbHrhMPVY3E7sZQYzQ-rQ

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMBufJmTTSA

Very Happy

206For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 9:03 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Damaged Eagle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
And hey Neko, I wasn't fighting or arguing. This is an old, old issue with me.

I don't often talk about my personal beliefs, but the notion that God is responsible for things like tornadoes, hurricanes, drive-by shootings and murder, as well as responsible for all the pain that follows, somehow seems like a slap in the face to God to me. The power in which I believe, whom I do refer to as God most of the time, would grieve with the families, not cause that sort of destruction and pain in the first place. I believe in a loving God, not a vengeful God. Never, ever a vengeful God. Perhaps this is what keeps me sane during the hard times; I don't know. Smile

I don't know if it qualifies me as a Christian, but I also believe in the words and actions of Jesus Christ. If the world could live by the principles Jesus explained in his sermon on the mount, what a different world we would have! But we humans, we just can't seem to do it. That's where free will comes in, unfortunately.

I have a sister who has been trying to "save" me for decades. She is a beautiful woman with a strong faith, and she fears for my soul. She was pleased when I told her several years ago that yes, I believe in the principles Jesus exemplifies. She knows that may be the best this heathen can do. Very Happy

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2X4-m5ZT9OzRG3HQja72K0sVTBgWo4XC4X81eNF6023_3qwF2Gw

What God is capable of all depends on what your beliefs about God are...

Why should God's works not be both benevolent and malevolent?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1nY3jlq1M

Smile

As you wrote, it all depends on a person's beliefs.

To me, God is not a "being", like the old man with the beard in your picture. God, or the source/force/higher power/enlightenment/collective unconscious of the universe, simply is.

The ability to tune in, recognize and mesh with life's odd, little synchronicities and supposed coincidences comes, for me, from a conscious decision to connect with that power, whether tuning in is done by participation in a sweat lodge, sitting in meditation, practicing mindfulness on a daily basis or going to church. Perhaps it's our ability to tune in, should we choose to, that is God given.....should we choose to accept the mission. Smile

It's not what happens, good or bad. It's not about the root cause of evil, if indeed there is one (and I don't think there is.) It's how we deal with life on a spiritual level that matters.

207For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 7:12 pm

Nekochan wrote:Some people will think it's nutty sounding, but I do think that God brings people together. And when we make mistakes or sometimes listen to people who don't have our best interests in mind, don't we often look back and say--I SHOULD have known that person was not my friend or didn't really love me, etc... The signs were there, I just didn't read them! Or, I KNEW I shouldn't have done that! I do think we have an inner voice that guides us -- if we could only learn to listen better. Some people think that voice is God. And maybe some just don't hear the voice at all.

All it is is your brain recalling data. LOL!

208For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 7:33 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:

To me, God is not a "being", like the old man with the beard in your picture. God, or the source/force/higher power/enlightenment/collective unconscious of the universe, simply is.

The ability to tune in, recognize and mesh with life's odd, little synchronicities and supposed coincidences comes, for me, from a conscious decision to connect with that power, whether tuning in is done by participation in a sweat lodge, sitting in meditation, practicing mindfulness on a daily basis or going to church. Perhaps it's our ability to tune in, should we choose to, that is God given.....should we choose to accept the mission. Smile

It's not what happens, good or bad. It's not about the root cause of evil, if indeed there is one (and I don't think there is.) It's how we deal with life on a spiritual level that matters.

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlbC6UzBqQ6jb_G5nHPyiNK8rZePkkK7mIdC5-wKz6Zq8lD9pR

Is this better?...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9d7UiRR_R9kXV_RRRv-i-DZiQL9Yzo6h6SKpCciwL5Arn4pSJ

^^^...Or this?...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWg55WzfDPCCBcM50y8xU4ver6lxwpBTs_sc3veBcoFzptTuiO

^^^...How about this one?...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNhAehTLYxxNpu3fFyKfHmEck9JbtFn7NPdv8VjISzdR8FkAWw

^^^...I kinda like this one...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMKghnzLCAAdV6DXsqOroQsoFKbEsis9mUJO5mZpliwon6uKGqYA

^^^...Though I kinda partial to this one too...^^^

Gospel of St Thomas
77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.
Split a piece of wood; I am there.
Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

Gospel of St Luke
17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

...You see... I've been practicing my religion for years on the internet..... I'ma betting very few have ever figured it out until now.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MgU7PNHgw

Cool

209For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 8:01 pm

Where does the part about you fucking your sister get folded into your Textus Receptus and become dogma...?

210For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 8:27 pm

A Guest wrote:Where does the part about you fucking your sister get folded into your Textus Receptus and become dogma...?

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSoR5Z2DOGzPU6LXh2oKgYYm2CqK0GOlU2yUaDl501d8WmqsfV

Considering your infatuation with the subject you probably have a deep subconscious desire for your parental figures also. My recommendation is that you seek further counseling on this monomania with your fraternal and maternal figures even if they are deceased since you appear that type of pervert.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah7sWtnOJvQ

Razz

211For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 8:27 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

All it is is your brain recalling data. LOL!

Smile

212For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 8:34 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Damaged Eagle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlbC6UzBqQ6jb_G5nHPyiNK8rZePkkK7mIdC5-wKz6Zq8lD9pR

Is this better?...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9d7UiRR_R9kXV_RRRv-i-DZiQL9Yzo6h6SKpCciwL5Arn4pSJ

^^^...Or this?...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWg55WzfDPCCBcM50y8xU4ver6lxwpBTs_sc3veBcoFzptTuiO

^^^...How about this one?...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNhAehTLYxxNpu3fFyKfHmEck9JbtFn7NPdv8VjISzdR8FkAWw

^^^...I kinda like this one...^^^

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMKghnzLCAAdV6DXsqOroQsoFKbEsis9mUJO5mZpliwon6uKGqYA

^^^...Though I kinda partial to this one too...^^^

Gospel of St Thomas
77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.
Split a piece of wood; I am there.
Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

Gospel of St Luke
17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

...You see... I've been practicing my religion for years on the internet..... I'ma betting very few have ever figured it out until now.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MgU7PNHgw

Cool

Beautiful post, DE. Thanks. Very Happy

213For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 8:45 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
A Guest wrote:Where does the part about you fucking your sister get folded into your Textus Receptus and become dogma...?

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSoR5Z2DOGzPU6LXh2oKgYYm2CqK0GOlU2yUaDl501d8WmqsfV

Considering your infatuation with the subject you probably have a deep subconscious desire for your parental figures also. My recommendation is that you seek further counseling on this monomania with your fraternal and maternal figures even if they are deceased since you appear that type of pervert.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah7sWtnOJvQ

Razz

Nope. You're the sick fuck that introduced the entire sister fixation into what you consider fair game for discussion.

Troll on.

214For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 8:57 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
Beautiful post, DE. Thanks. Very Happy

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXhFEEIbd2Of5M7o9x3M_eQ6Z3PHxZrlJrFGpg-n-dEfJMAo1rvg

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Cool

215For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 9:09 pm

A Guest wrote:

Nope. You're the sick fuck that introduced the entire sister fixation into what you consider fair game for discussion.

Troll on.

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfiWprYCPLGNv5Od6PXaiudM4oXmE5uw6t4_vpgd5c6fUZ2WZJag

You're the one who appears to have a fixation on about sister((s)?)... However let's discuss this...

The ones, like yourself, who have argued the loudest with their slander and libel of others over what is considered discrimination towards homosexuals are the ones who introduced the concept of mature adults/companions being allowed to marry.

I simply took it to it's natural logical conclusion.

Don't blame me for your faulty reasoning in what is obviously your own hypocrisy towards other mature willing companions.

If you don't like it either get out of other mature willing companion bedrooms or support DOMA.

BIGOT!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhAyg2LTEk

Razz

216For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 9:49 pm

[quote="Damaged Eagle"]
A Guest wrote:

Troll on.

You're the one who appears to have a fixation on about sister((s)?)... However let's discuss this...

Your spin is what it is, pervert.

Last edited by A Guest on 5/30/2013, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

217For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/30/2013, 9:51 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
I honestly don't know if there is a higher power or not,however, I do not believe in the stuff written in the bible by a bunch of humans. I'm just hoping it's not the same God in the bible, if it's true. We are certainly in trouble,if so.

Dreams that sounds more like an agnostic than it does an atheist.

I'm not sure it is considered agnostic or not but when I say higher power I don't necessarily mean a God. I mean a higher power and that could mean anything.

218For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 1:16 am

A Guest wrote:

Your spin is what it is, pervert.

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScEB3eV3aFVW2hfAs0aJOVqIFmMaRV6MEsAsuSMb7HgWfufwfW6g

Oh my!!!!!... Now you sound just like those conservatives you've been hostile towards over the years...

So now you're a Hypocrite and Bigot!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtV9B8VpUB8

Laughing

219For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 11:28 am

Troll on pervert

220For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 3:09 pm

@ wrote:Troll on pervert

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnPG4tyXmdbyJhHYQ9u8-nmGldY1vVxULGMJ_pEt5ChIst6zKnjQ

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGlENF7dto

Twisted Evil

221For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 3:10 pm

Troll on stalking pervert

222For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 4:06 pm

@ wrote:Troll on stalking pervert

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIdW5pftukTnAHLiDtDZcuQbtNhc6co3YFwJy4UUNIoRnGJoXw

You appear to have reached a glitch in your cerebral program.

Take your meds and call your psychiatrist...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbaeMuTPhX4

Smile

223For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 4:38 pm

Troll on sister fucking stalker.

224For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 5:03 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
@ wrote:Troll on stalking pervert

For the atheists.. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIdW5pftukTnAHLiDtDZcuQbtNhc6co3YFwJy4UUNIoRnGJoXw

You appear to have reached a glitch in your cerebral program.

Take your meds and call your psychiatrist...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbaeMuTPhX4

Smile

Smoke your crack and call your dealer.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM

Smile

225For the atheists.. - Page 9 Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/31/2013, 10:51 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Okay, I am going to bump this thread with this interesting interview from 2009:

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com