Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the atheists..

+6
gulfbeachbandit
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
Nekochan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1For the atheists.. Empty For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:11 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Most of you on here, I think, are Obama voters and supporters. How do you post your anti-religion comments, calling believers stupid and gullible, and weak, etc... and reconcile your thoughts about believers with Obama saying in Oklahoma, just minutes ago:

"God has a plan"

And I am serious here. I really wonder about it. Can any of you answer how you so strongly support Obama (or any President who is a believer) when you consider believers to be weak minded and foolish in their thinking and beliefs?

2For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:26 pm

I can't tell you, all I can say is that I did not vote for Obama. I will ask you a question as you are a believer. Do you think that your god had a plan to kill 24 people with 7 of those being children?

3For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:30 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Maybe I should have made the headline: For the atheist Obama supporters

As for your question:

I think most believers struggle to answer this same type of question. Believers don't have perfect answers to these questions and believers don't always understand why some things are allowed to happen. The only way I can answer you as to my beliefs is to say that this is not a perfect world. God doesn't stop all bad things from happening. It's not the Garden of Eden with everything being good and perfect. I do believe God answers prayers, but we don't always like the answer. And I also believe that God can and does sometimes intervene to stop something bad from happening.

Sometimes non-believers expect believers to have an answer for everything. We are just human and we don't. It doesn't stop me from looking around this imperfect world and thinking that there has to be a higher power involved in creating what I see.

Teo probably has a better answer than I do. I love Teo's answers to your type of question.

4For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:43 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I thought Obama was supposed to be a muslim.

5For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:46 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:I thought Obama was supposed to be a muslim.

Well, then he would still be a believer in a higher power. But he did say "God" and not "Allah".

6For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:48 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Do you think that your god had a plan to kill 24 people with 7 of those being children?

Come to think of it, I've never heard the loved one of anyone killed in a tornado (or a hurricane or any other disaster) give God credit for that.
It's the strangest thing. Only the survivors seem to want to give him the credit. Go figure.

7For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:49 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I Do you think that your god had a plan to kill 24 people with 7 of those being children?

Come to think of it, I've never heard the loved one of anyone killed in a tornado (or a hurricane or any other disaster) give God credit for that.
It's the strangest thing. Only the survivors seem to want to give him the credit. Go figure.

Good point, Bob.
But have you ever heard a parent who lost a child say that God helped them through it?

8For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:53 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

Good point, Bob.
But have you ever heard a parent who lost a child say that God helped them through it?

Yes, and I'm all for people believing just about anything to help them through that. That's one of the main reasons I think religion is a necessary part of our existence.

9For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:56 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

But Bob and Ghost, y'all are not Obama lovers. And I don't think you are Republican lovers, either. But you also aren't always criticizing believers on here and calling them foolish and weak. I'm talking about the vocal atheists who support Obama no matter what. They think he's a genius and the greatest leader since Lincoln. But then he just said that ---God has a plan.

10For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 2:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:But Bob and Ghost, y'all are not Obama lovers. And I don't think you are Republican lovers, either. But you also aren't always criticizing believers on here and calling them foolish and weak. I'm talking about the vocal atheists who support Obama no matter what. They think he's a genius and the greatest leader since Lincoln. But then he just said that ---God has a plan.
I think it's a good question to put to the white obama supporters here.
But Obama's main constituency is a horse of a different color. And that color is very religious.

11For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:00 pm

Maybe he was just lying... telling people what they want to hear. It wouldn't be the first time.

btw... I think I recall that bob voted for obama in 2008... not sure about 2012.

12For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:02 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:But Bob and Ghost, y'all are not Obama lovers. And I don't think you are Republican lovers, either. But you also aren't always criticizing believers on here and calling them foolish and weak. I'm talking about the vocal atheists who support Obama no matter what. They think he's a genius and the greatest leader since Lincoln. But then he just said that ---God has a plan.
I think it's a good question to put to the white obama supporters here.
But Obama's main constituency is a horse of a different color. And that color is very religious.

Yes, and it's the damnedest thing. They should be Republicans!

13For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This is a tough question ...first off they call it tornado alley and people choose to live there. There are also people living in the far reaches of Alaska where it is brutal and cold...but they take precautions to adapt themselves to the land where they live. If I stand naked in Alaska and ask God why I am freezing to death he might question my intelligence. He might say build a fire kill, a Caribou and make you a coat or build a shelter. Same goes for Tornado alley build a shelter for your children . It's like a Motorcycle when you begin to ignore the dangers of riding it you quickly may get a brutal lesson even fatal...God gives us a brain to survive practically anywhere on earth but knowing the danger we must be vigilante prepared and after that trust him...

14For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:03 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know who Bob voted for but he sure hasn't been posting rosy comments recently about Obama. lol.

15For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:05 pm

True... and he was flip flopping back and forth so much that I can't honestly remember.

16For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:06 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:True... and he was flip flopping back and forth so much that I can't honestly remember.

Are you calling Bob a Flopping Flipper?
Wink

17For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:10 pm

Nekochan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:True... and he was flip flopping back and forth so much that I can't honestly remember.

Are you calling Bob a Flopping Flipper?
Wink

nooo... lol.

18For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:10 pm

Nekochan wrote:Most of you on here, I think, are Obama voters and supporters. How do you post your anti-religion comments, calling believers stupid and gullible, and weak, etc... and reconcile your thoughts about believers with Obama saying in Oklahoma, just minutes ago:

"God has a plan"

And I am serious here. I really wonder about it. Can any of you answer how you so strongly support Obama (or any President who is a believer) when you consider believers to be weak minded and foolish in their thinking and beliefs?

Do you really want to start a food fight over Faith...? Seriously.

It's all just black and white, open or shut, up or down with you...?

There's a huge difference between people with Faith in a Higher Power than a freak show zealot who is serious when they say that God speaks to them, and controls any and every aspect of their "daily walk".

Regular folk have a "belief" that alcohol will in fact, make them more social and when used with respect and and in moderation, exhance their lives.

Zealot folk have a belief that alcohol will enhance every aspect of their lives and it consumes their existence.

Regular folk might have a fish sign on their rear window or a God is My Co-pilot bumper sticker.

Zealots have a van covered in bible verses illegally parked in a handicap space or blocking access to the gas @ Circle K because they can't STHU and stop trying to evangelize the clerk.

I guess it comes down to what you believe, huh....?

My Dad used to say, "...some people are so Heavenly minded they're no earthly good....".

Contrary to your finger on the pulse take on Obama supporters on this forum, we are far from being the majority.

19For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:12 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Here this picture answers your question....

For the atheists.. C7eb4310

20For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:14 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="Red Kneckerson"]
Nekochan wrote:Most of you on here, I think, are Obama voters and supporters. How do you post your anti-religion comments, calling believers stupid and gullible, and weak, etc... and reconcile your thoughts about believers with Obama saying in Oklahoma, just minutes ago:

"God has a plan"

You are free to not participate in this thread. Seriously.

21For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:19 pm

[quote="Nekochan"]
Red Kneckerson wrote:

"God has a plan"

Thanx for your permission.

You are now free to ignore my concise assessment, which you obviously dismiss out of hand because you're pedant who never asks any question w/out a predetermined correct answer.

I'm still praying for you. So far the answer has been no.

22For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:24 pm

For the Christians..

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/freeze/091123

23For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:26 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="Red Kneckerson"]
Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:

"God has a plan"

Thanx for your permission.

You are now free to ignore my concise assessment, which you obviously dismiss out of hand because you're pedant who never asks any question w/out a predetermined correct answer.

I'm still praying for you. So far the answer has been no.

Thank you and you're very welcome. I know you walk on an emotionally delicate tightrope and I wouldn't want you to get yourself all worked up over a thread that upsets you and sets you off on another rant of personal threats.

24For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:28 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:For the Christians..

Ahh well, un-perfect Christians and those who bash them. That's another subject.

25For the atheists.. Empty Re: For the atheists.. 5/26/2013, 3:31 pm

Lurch wrote:For the Christians..

Most excellent....Praise The Lord...!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum