Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCain can just not get over he lost the election!

+2
Floridatexan
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:And there are plenty of Vietnam Veterans on record who cannot stand Kerry.

That one guy in your video who suggested that McCain promised his captors something is a real jerk. McCain went through almighty hell in that prison. I do not agree with McCain on a lot of things, but he is an American hero.

So did all the other's captured. If he was such a hero why do his fellow prisoner's say he's a liar?

That is false!

No, it's not. You better get the correct info.

If you meant that they all went through hell, yes they did.
If you meant that all the other POWs are against McCain and call him a traitor, that's false.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I think it's pretty lowdown and slimy to attack a man for his time served in a POW prison.

Attack him on his policies, his legislation, and his political maneuvers--that's all fair game. But not his time in that POW prison.

"It has also been claimed by retired Army Colonel Earl Hopper, admittedly without any corroborating evidence apart from what might be contained in inaccessible Pentagon files, that “McCain told his North Vietnamese captors, highly classified information, the most important of which was the package routes, which were routes used to bomb North Vietnam. He gave in detail the altitude they were flying, the direction, if they made a turn… he gave them what primary targets the United States was interested in…the information McCain provided allowed the North Vietnamese to adjust their air-defenses. As result…the US lost sixty percent more aircraft and in 1968 [and] called off the bombing of North Vietnam, because of the information McCain had given to them.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/john-mccain-war-hero-or-something-less/5337240

Nekochan

Nekochan

Earl Hopper was not a POW, from what I can find.

Nekochan wrote:And there are plenty of Vietnam Veterans on record who cannot stand Kerry.

That one guy in your video who suggested that McCain promised his captors something is a real jerk. McCain went through almighty hell in that prison. I do not agree with McCain on a lot of things, but he is an American hero.

True that....just like there are plenty of 'Nam Vets who can't stand Asian immigrants, liberals in general, Tom Cruise, and our entire Federal Government.

I love McClain and I absolutely respect his service and I don't give a shit what he was tortured into admission to admit.

We really don't have a lot of Heros these days....Pat Tillman proved that.

But to attack Sen. McCain for anything related to his time in service and then as a POW is disgusting.

I didn't want him as our POTUS, but I'd love to have him as a buddy.

2seaoat

People sure as hell did not like other senators who took informational trips during the Viet Nam war......they were called traitors.......but they brought balance to the Gulf of Tonkin rush to war......they eventually were critical in getting our soldiers out of SE asia.......so people can think what they want of McCain.....but do not confuse that with his power to get information from other countries........You may not like his views.....You may not like his politics.....but as a member of the senate foreign relations committee, he is simply following the historical example of so many before him.......this idea that his character is an important consideration before his role as a US Senator......a bit confused.....but hey......what ever floats your boat.....the Senator could have been banned from traveling, but that is another can of worms.....so our senators travel.....we bitch from both sides of the aisle....and hopefully the information they gather helps.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Here are a group of POWS and their statements about John McCain.

http://www.valorstudios.com/McCain/their_words.htm

Nekochan wrote:Here are a group of POWS and their statements about John McCain.

Those are presidential testimonials. It is interesting how the stories vary though of McCains injuries. There were allegations he got preferential treatment because of his father's status and one of these testimonials corroborate that.

He got it worse dingleberry because of who is dad was. Were you even there? Have you ever talked to a real live former POW? I have and multiple ones. What you heard about the treatment is REAL. I have been to SV80 at Fairchild AFB and the water survival training held at NAS Pensacola. McCain had his arms pulled up behind his shoulders and back around until his shoulders dislocated and arms were pulled out of the sockets. He was in the same camp with Bud Day and many others. It was called the Hanoi Hilton. You wouldn't have made it for one percent of the time McCain spent as a POW. You are truly a dirtbag.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

Those are presidential testimonials. It is interesting how the stories vary though of McCains injuries. There were allegations he got preferential treatment because of his father's status and one of these testimonials corroborate that.

Yes, they are presidential testimonials. Now why would all those former POWS want a traitor to be their president? Does that make any sense to you unless you think that they are all a bunch of scummy traitors to the USA? You said before that all of his fellow POWs were against him and that simply is false. Those testimonials indicate that his captors tried to use him because of his father being an admiral, not that he got preferential treatment. They offered him a chance to go home ONLY so that they could use it to embarrass the US government. To his credit, he said NO WAY.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He got it worse dingleberry because of who is dad was. Were you even there? Have you ever talked to a real live former POW? I have and multiple ones. What you heard about the treatment is REAL. I have been to SV80 at Fairchild AFB and the water survival training held at NAS Pensacola. McCain had his arms pulled up behind his shoulders and back around until his shoulders dislocated and arms were pulled out of the sockets. He was in the same camp with Bud Day and many others. It was called the Hanoi Hilton. You wouldn't have made it for one percent of the time McCain spent as a POW. You are truly a dirtbag.

That's not what the testimonials of the people w/ him said. Read it,asswipe. He was taken to the hospital and treated when they were not. he broke his arms when he landed. No one they just gave testimony said his arms were pulled out. You don't know you friggin POS!

Nekochan

Nekochan

When my husband went through survival training, one of the instructors was a former Vietnam Vet. A lot of the training was based on what our POWs had been through in Vietnam.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Yes, they are presidential testimonials. Now why would all those former POWS want a traitor to be their president? Does that make any sense to you unless you think that they are all a bunch of scummy traitors to the USA? You said before that all of his fellow POWs were against him and that simply is false. Those testimonials indicate that his captors tried to use him because of his father being an admiral, not that he got preferential treatment. They offered him a chance to go home ONLY so that they could use it to embarrass the US government. To his credit, he said NO WAY.

I didn't say all the POW's said that. They said he was treated better and he gave secret info, away. He made 32 proponganda tapes and they called him "Songbird". Really different stories from his friends,eh?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I didn't say all the POW's said that. They said he was treated better and he gave secret info, away. He made 32 proponganda tapes and they called him "Songbird". Really different stories from his friends,eh?

Which POWs said that he gave secret info and was treated better? What are their names?

Nekochan wrote:When my husband went through survival training, one of the instructors was a former Vietnam Vet. A lot of the training was based on what our POWs had been through in Vietnam.

How awful. Did they break both of his arms and set them improperly...?

When I was at the USAFA I had several friends who went through their POW training in the summer between their JR and Sr year. A lot of Viet Nam Vets were instructors and they pushed the envelope but it can only be pushed to a point.

Sen McCain indured shit that cannot be conveyed in a training exercise.

I respect what your hubby endured....I doubt I could handle it. But this issue is in an area we as observers will never fully understand nor relate to in a personal way.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Damaged Beagle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:When my husband went through survival training, one of the instructors was a former Vietnam Vet. A lot of the training was based on what our POWs had been through in Vietnam.

When I was at the USAFA I had several friends who went through their POW training in the summer between their JR and Sr year. A lot of Viet Nam Vets were instructors and they pushed the envelope but it can only be pushed to a point.

I respect what your hubby endured....I doubt I could handle it. But this issue is in an area we as observers will never fully understand nor relate to in a personal way.

My post was in response to PD's comment. No, my husband was not a POW and no one broke his arms or anything remotely close to what the POWs experienced. He said that the experience was not fun but he knew all along it was just training and would come to an end after several weeks. I wasn't trying to suggest that my husband went through what POWS went through. My point is that the SERE training that he received was based on techniques that POWs had used to survive horrible captivity for years. What those POWs endured, they used to help generations of American servicemen be better prepared in case of capture. I have nothing but respect for POWS and their service. Their service continues on, even today.

Nekochan wrote:
Damaged Beagle wrote:

My post was in response to PD's comment. No, my husband was not a POW and no one broke his arms or anything remotely close to what the POWs experienced. He said that the experience was not fun but he knew all along it was just training and would come to an end after several weeks. I wasn't trying to suggest that my husband went through what POWS went through. My point is that the SERE training that he received was based on techniques that POWs had used to survive horrible captivity for years. What those POWs endured, they used to help generations of American servicemen be better prepared in case of capture. I have nothing but respect for POWS and their service. Their service continues on, even today.

Kudos to you and your husband. Perhaps I was less that articulate in my unfocused words.

I totally respect your collective service to our country.

2seaoat

McCain is a good Senator. His visit to Syria will hopefully bring information to the senate which can assist in formulating good policy. Syria is a mess, and we hope that folks can bring this conflict to an end.

Nekochan

Nekochan

This is John McCain's experience. It's an interesting read.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2008/01/28/john-mccain-prisoner-of-war-a-first-person-account

I am still waiting for the names of all of the former POWs who said McCain gave away info to the enemy and that he had it easy as a prisoner.

Nekochan

Nekochan

A Maverick's Trip to Syria

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/susan-milligan/2013/05/29/john-mccains-patriotic-trip-to-syria?s_cid=related-links:TOP

.........McCain sneaked into Syria recently over the border from Turkey, helped by the rebel-supporting Syrian Emergency Task Force. The senator met with rebel military leaders. On its face, it looks like McCain is interfering with U.S. foreign policy at a very sensitive time, making Obama look weak and callous while undermining diplomatic efforts on the part of the State Department.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Trips like McCain's can be hugely helpful to the administration – and in fact, such trips are even more useful if the surprise visitor is a prominent member of the opposing U.S. political party. If Kerry goes to Syria – even if a U.S. ambassador goes – every single thing that is said has heavy and lasting diplomatic weight. Anything that is said is dissected and examined, possibly raising hopes for a U.S. intervention that the White House and the American public are not prepared to make (Obama has sent food and supplies to the Syrian rebels). If a member of the administration meets publicly with Syrian rebels (a particularly dangerous mission, anyway), some sort of outcome will be expected by the Syrian people and the world – and neither option is an easy one for the president.

This is more than a classic fact-finding trip arranged by some interest group or other and including somewhat scripted side trips and visits (though those trips are also useful; in-person meetings are always, always better than written or phone communications). And McCain – who counts Kerry as a friend – isn't doing this to embarrass the president or showcase a division in foreign policy among American politicians. He's doing it for his own edification, to be sure, but the trip also takes a little heat off the White House.....

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Which POWs said that he gave secret info and was treated better? What are their names?

FT just posted a video on it. Watch it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

FT just posted a video on it. Watch it.

WHO in that video was a POW???? Do you have names or not? Because I don't see POWs in that video. Maybe there is one, but I didn't seen him.

In his bestselling 1999 autobiography, Faith of My Fathers, McCain says he felt bad throughout his captivity because he knew he was being treated more leniently than his fellow POWs, owing to his high-ranking father and thus his propaganda value. Other prisoners at Hoa Lo say his captors considered him a prize catch and called him the “Crown Prince,” something McCain acknowledges in the book.

Also in this memoir, McCain expresses guilt at having broken under torture and given the confession. “I felt faithless and couldn’t control my despair,” he writes, revealing that he made two “feeble” attempts at suicide. (In later years, he said he tried to hang himself with his shirt and guards intervened.) Tellingly, he says he lived in “dread” that his father would find out about the confession. “I still wince,” he writes, “when I recall wondering if my father had heard of my disgrace.”

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:In his bestselling 1999 autobiography, Faith of My Fathers, McCain says he felt bad throughout his captivity because he knew he was being treated more leniently than his fellow POWs, owing to his high-ranking father and thus his propaganda value. Other prisoners at Hoa Lo say his captors considered him a prize catch and called him the “Crown Prince,” something McCain acknowledges in the book.

Also in this memoir, McCain expresses guilt at having broken under torture and given the confession. “I felt faithless and couldn’t control my despair,” he writes, revealing that he made two “feeble” attempts at suicide. (In later years, he said he tried to hang himself with his shirt and guards intervened.) Tellingly, he says he lived in “dread” that his father would find out about the confession. “I still wince,” he writes, “when I recall wondering if my father had heard of my disgrace.”

Most of those POWs I've heard about speak of breaking or nearly breaking under torture.
Now, which POWs said that McCain is a traitor?

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:In his bestselling 1999 autobiography, Faith of My Fathers, McCain says he felt bad throughout his captivity because he knew he was being treated more leniently than his fellow POWs, owing to his high-ranking father and thus his propaganda value. Other prisoners at Hoa Lo say his captors considered him a prize catch and called him the “Crown Prince,” something McCain acknowledges in the book.

Most of those POWs I've heard about speak of breaking or nearly breaking under torture.

You'll have to go look them up. They spoke of that in the article I posted and what he told the enemy. I have great empathy for what he went through but his hero status is overrated.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

You'll have to go look them up. They spoke of that in the article I posted and what he told the enemy. I have great empathy for what he went through but his hero status is overrated.

So you don't actually have the names of POWS who called McCain a traitor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum