Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated!

+10
no stress
Markle
Joanimaroni
PBulldog2
VectorMan
2seaoat
Watcher
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well Teo, so you do believe there is a difference in a soldier being sent to war than a cold blooded killer going next door and robbing and killing his neighbor. See, that wasn't so hard.

I don't speak for God...but neither do you!

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Also it's okay to go ahead and murder someone that you hate when you think he might be going to acquire a gun and that makes you uneasy as you only have 400 guns yourself....

Are you speaking for God now...or just for yourself?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a perfect analogy to what happened in Iraq.
Someone from the hood near Massachusetts Ave comes into East Hill and does a brutal home invasion on a family and wipes out the entire family.
And the response to that is the Pensacola Police Department then goes full force into the hood near Green Street (not the same hood) with machine guns and bazookas blazing and anyone in the line of fire dies. All while most of the residents of East Hill (democrat and republican) cheer it on because they want to avenge the home invasion.

So the question becomes, would Almighty God approve of that?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/executions-at-nuremberg/

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 4 Nazi_d10

WE WERE JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS,,,,,,,,,

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Also it's okay to go ahead and murder someone that you hate when you think he might be going to acquire a gun and that makes you uneasy as you only have 400 guns yourself....

Sarcasm on Israels take on Iran....is that clear ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/executions-at-nuremberg/

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 4 Nazi_d10

WE WERE JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS,,,,,,,,,

You really are going to start defending Nazis? Really?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

NO DUMMY YOU ARE.....THINK A SECOND WILL YA ?

We were just following orders is NO DEFENSE !!!!!!!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Sarcasm on Israels take on Iran....is that clear ?

I am clear about how you like to pass judgement on others but when someone answers a question about the Ten Commandments and War, you say that they're speaking for God.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:NO DUMMY YOU ARE.....THINK A SECOND WILL YA ?

They were the leaders, Teo. What do you think should have happened to them? Just let them go?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

THOU SHALT NOT MURDER...is the proper translation of that commandment anyway.......so how is murdering an Iraqi cab driver in Iraq different from murdering an Iraqi cab driver in New York ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:THOU SHALT NOT MURDER...is the proper translation of that commandment anyway.......so how is murdering an Iraqi cab driver in Iraq different from murdering an Iraqi cab driver in New York ?

I don't think it's right to murder a cab driver anywhere.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:

They were the leaders, Teo. What do you think should have happened to them? Just let them go?

Again you are all over the place because your argument is built on sand....They executed the prison guards also and those leaders HAD leaders...so we only execute what sgts and above ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Again you are all over the place because your argument is built on sand....They executed the prison guards also and those leaders HAD leaders...so we only execute what sgts and above ?

I'm not all over the place. I said that God will judge everyone based on their deeds. There is God's law and there is man's law. There were war crime trials after WW2--held by man. You posted a picture of executed Nazi LEADERS. Are you saying that they should have been let free? Is that what you're saying, or will you not answer?

Those Nazis were executed by man but God will decide on their eternal punishment.

*Oh and if those Nazis were wrongly executed, God will be the judge of that, as well.

Sal

Sal

"Christians" sure do expend a lot of time and energy explaining why Jesus didn't really mean what he said.

Sal wrote:"Christians" sure do expend a lot of time and energy explaining why Jesus didn't really mean what he said.

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 4 Untitled-3

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.monologuearchive.com/s/shakespeare_001.html

HAMLET: To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

I'm not all over the place. I said that God will judge everyone based on their deeds. There is God's law and there is man's law. There were war crime trials after WW2--held by man. You posted a picture of executed Nazi LEADERS. Are you saying that they should have been let free? Is that what you're saying, or will you not answer?

Those Nazis were executed by man but God will decide on their eternal punishment.

*Oh and if those Nazis were wrongly executed, God will be the judge of that, as well.

No Neko I believe the war criminals of whatever rank should be executed if their crime amounts to a capital offense...also I use the word DUMMY as a word of endearment.....at least that's what I tell my kids....lol.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

No Neko I believe the war criminals of whatever rank should be executed if their crime amounts to a capital offense...also I use the word DUMMY as a word of endearment.....at least that's what I tell my kids....lol.

Well, what the heck are we debating about then? Wink

Of course men--even good men-make mistakes. And some men are just downright evil. I just don't think that God is going to send an ordinary soldier, sent to war by his country, to eternal damnation for fighting in a war. But God is the final judge and jury.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes let god sort it out.....we should not seek to be thinking we can find loopholes in logic though. We can either think or be lead....Sodom and Gomorrah were probably full of followers....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote: I just don't think that God is going to send an ordinary soldier, sent to war by his country, to eternal damnation for fighting in a war.

What happens when the U.S Government invades and occupies Iraq and an kills the whole family of an Iraqi civilian. And because of that the Iraqi civilian joins up with the "insurgents" and fights back against the American military and kills one or more of them in the process.
Who would God blame for that and who would He want to punish for it?

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote: I just don't think that God is going to send an ordinary soldier, sent to war by his country, to eternal damnation for fighting in a war.

What happens when the U.S Government invades and occupies Iraq and an kills the whole family of an Iraqi civilian. And because of that the Iraqi civilian joins up with the "insurgents" and fights back against the American military and kills one or more of them in the process.

They're muslims... so god don't care..

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:

I don't know. Ask Teo.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

They're muslims... so god don't care..

God cares for everyone. Men start wars.

I thnk it's funny ya'll are arguing what God's going to do. LOL!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:

To answer that as Jesus would and did....Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord I will repay....We are not to give place for revenge in our hearts but trust that god will adjust the balance of justice in due time....a tough road for anyone deprived of those he loves by some dumbassed country that can fly a R/C model airplane over your daughters wedding and blow her and all your friends to hell.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum