Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated!

+10
no stress
Markle
Joanimaroni
PBulldog2
VectorMan
2seaoat
Watcher
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Face it folks, war is pure evil . . . there's never been a "good" war, and never will be. It's also true that wars HAVE NEVER been started by the people who will fight and die in them. NEVER. The Japanese Naval Pilot divebombing at Pearl Harbor was following orders -- which is exactly what military robots do. The Americans who rolled their Bradleys into Iraq didn't choose to do so on their own. The awful truth is that soldiers have been and are nothing more than tools for causing the death and destruction some politician(s) desire. In today's world, soldiers are a necessary evil. You can be grateful for their efforts, courage and dedication - - but celebrate them as though they were the best use we can find for our youth? What a farce! Our need for soldiers is nothing more than a blaring signal of our failure at civilization. Screw war and all those who start them.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 11/28/2012, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What you say at first evokes a hate-filled and indignant response but on reconsideration. We certainly should and could make better use of our children than feeding them into a death machine. Churchill said he loved war...any politician that actually spoke those words should be handed a rifle and put on the front. Calling them heroes and praising them ..well war certainly changes black to white and evil to good. On the plus side many young person has received training that has helped them become the airline pilots and doctors in their adulthood.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My country right or wrong. The Jap soldier believed it. The nazi soldier believed it. The Iranian soldier believes it. The Libyan soldier believes it. The Hamas soldier believes it. The Egyptian soldier believes it. The Israeli soldier believes it. The Russian soldier believes it. The Confederate soldier believed it. The Union soldier believed it.
And one poster on the PNJ forum said "there's a special place in hell for anyone who doesn't believe it".

Watcher

Watcher

Wordslinger wrote:Face it folks, war is pure evil . . . there's never been a "good" war, and never will be. It's also true that wars HAVE NEVER been started by the people who will fight and die in them. NEVER. The Japanese Naval Pilot divebombing at Pearl Harbor was following orders -- which is exactly what military robots do. The Americans who rolled their Bradleys into Iraq didn't choose to do so on their own. The awful truth is that soldiers have been and are nothing more than tools for causing the death and destruction some politician(s) desire. In today's world, soldiers are a necessary evil. You can be grateful for their efforts, courage and dedication - - but celebrate them as though they were the best use we can find for our youth? What a farce! Our need for soldiers is nothing more than a blaring signal of our failure at civilization. Screw war and all those who start them.

I agree. The military in our country is viewed by many as an entity that is sacred and should not be criticized. To criticize would be akin to being un-American or an enemy of the state. Nothing could be further from the truth. One can remain an American who loves their country even if they choose to criticize our soldiers or military. Free speech should reign on all accounts no matter if one dislikes what is being said or not. The military asskissing is vexatious at best.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ya'll are wasting your breath with this one. The vast majority of the posters think like pacedog when it comes to this. They are not receptive to any criticism of the military. The military is probably more sacrosanct to them than their own religion.
It's hard enough to even get them to ever question the civilian leaders' decisions to use military force. But it's downright impossible to get them to question the rank and file. When you do that that just makes the people around these parts hate and despise you because that makes you a traitor and a coward in their eyes.

Watcher

Watcher

Bob wrote:Ya'll are wasting your breath with this one. The vast majority of the posters think like pacedog when it comes to this. They are not receptive to any criticism of the military. The military is probably more sacrosanct to them than their own religion.
It's hard enough to even get them to ever question the civilian leaders' decisions to use military force. But it's downright impossible to get them to question the rank and file. When you do that that just makes the people around these parts hate and despise you because that makes you a traitor and a coward in their eyes.

Here's the thing: it doesn't matter what those people think. I'm not worried about what they think or do. They matter not one iota to me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Watcher wrote:

Here's the thing: it doesn't matter what those people think. I'm not worried about what they think or do. They matter not one iota to me.
I see. Well the only problem is their's is the majority opinion on this. The vast majority. So it matters what they think simply because they are deciding the public policy on it.

You could have also been a citizen of nazi germany and said "it doesn't matter what all these people think who support the nazi soldiers because they matter not one iota to me". But hitler would have still sent those soldiers to war with the support of the country's people.

2seaoat

Pretty broad discussion with not too many specifics. You see the problem is that if we all agree war is evil, and we decide to be good and eliminate it......what exactly is your solution for the other evil bastards? That my friends is the problem. Civilian control of the military is probably as good as it is going to get.....and to think you can unilaterally get rid of evil in this world.....I have a word for that......naive...However, that being said, we should as civilians working in a democracy have every right to criticize and improve how we use our evil.....minimize the negative.....do it as efficiently as we can, and hope the folks who make the money off the same do not wrench civilian control of our military from the civilians.......sadly that is as good as it will get.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Question for watcher.

What if you're a citizen of Baghdad and George Bush lands the shock and awe on top of your house and kills your family but you survive?
Do you think it would be morally right for you to want to kill the ones who did this to your family?

10Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! Empty The way I feel .... 11/28/2012, 3:00 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Their opinion of what a hero or a traitor is has no credibility since they are unable to distinguish the difference between what's right and what's wrong. Popularity has absolutely nothing to do with truth. I spent twenty years on a book about Simon Girty -- America's biggest frontier traitor and renegade, and learned without doubt he was a true hero and a noble character. So much for phony history! Your responses thus far are ingratiating. Wish more of my fellow Americans understood that military folk are necessary evil, and nothing more. There is no honor in killing. None.

Watcher wrote:
Bob wrote:Ya'll are wasting your breath with this one. The vast majority of the posters think like pacedog when it comes to this. They are not receptive to any criticism of the military. The military is probably more sacrosanct to them than their own religion.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thou shall not kill......unless ?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Wordslinger wrote:Face it folks, war is pure evil . . . there's never been a "good" war, and never will be. It's also true that wars HAVE NEVER been started by the people who will fight and die in them. NEVER. The Japanese Naval Pilot divebombing at Pearl Harbor was following orders -- which is exactly what military robots do. The Americans who rolled their Bradleys into Iraq didn't choose to do so on their own. The awful truth is that soldiers have been and are nothing more than tools for causing the death and destruction some politician(s) desire. In today's world, soldiers are a necessary evil. You can be grateful for their efforts, courage and dedication - - but celebrate them as though they were the best use we can find for our youth? What a farce! Our need for soldiers is nothing more than a blaring signal of our failure at civilization. Screw war and all those who start them.

Of course they should be celebrated. Many men and women died to protect your right to post this silly shit.

The military does more than you "think"

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! 02humanitarian-veterans-day-2012-920-9

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Wordslinger wrote:
Their opinion of what a hero or a traitor is has no credibility since they are unable to distinguish the difference between what's right and what's wrong. Popularity has absolutely nothing to do with truth. I spent twenty years on a book about Simon Girty -- America's biggest frontier traitor and renegade, and learned without doubt he was a true hero and a noble character. So much for phony history! Your responses thus far are ingratiating. Wish more of my fellow Americans understood that military folk are necessary evil, and nothing more. There is no honor in killing. None.

Interesting! I found your book online, and I just may order it.

And before anyone asks, the answer is no.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

All the adoration is really just part of an extended recruiting system. All that men died to make us free stuff is baloney that ended with the war of 1812. We fight wars for profit any other view goes back to a recruiting tool.

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZxRcXOBiyhoqs2Fud2zu1hh2NtX4srStcdVvCDi8CzOqd96mnNw

If you are going to call soldiers 'a necessary evil' then it would appear that you've already bought into the 'farce' that you are so vehemently complaining about.

Which means this whole post is nothing more than a display of your own hypocrisy on the subject...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2r2nDhTzO4&feature=relmfu

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 11/29/2012, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Watcher wrote:The military asskissing is vexatious at best.

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmN_NRm1iTs5zuy4gtSXtuux0ib2Wkg0eoOTiKre0BQkxil91l

I'm sure there's a lot of military members who'd tell you that you can keep your asskissing (honors and celebrations) and they'll take a pay raise making their pay comparable to someone working for a private company.

Weren't those guys working for Blackwater or whatever it was make like $150,000 or more a year tax free with benefits when working the job a E-3 or E-4 is assigned in the military?

Yeah! I'd take the pay over the asskissing anyday.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco

Very Happy

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thou shall not kill......unless ?

A good question. After all Wordslinger did state in his opening post that he considers soldiers 'a necessary evil.'

If he considers it evil why is it necessary?

The statement belies the intent.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

VectorMan wrote:

Of course they should be celebrated. Many men and women died to protect your right to post this silly shit.

Goddamn right, Vector.

And, just because someone supports and celebrates our military personnel does by NO means imply that they also support and celebrate war.

Get it straight, "Wordslinger."

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Goddamn right, Vector.

And, just because someone supports and celebrates our military personnel does by NO means imply that they also support and celebrate war.

Double ditto!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Goddamn right, Vector.

Double ditto!

Me too!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well they better start fighting the real enemy of freedom...government....I don't think the Vietnamese were after our Bill of Rights....

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Question for watcher.

What if you're a citizen of Baghdad and George Bush lands the shock and awe on top of your house and kills your family but you survive?
Do you think it would be morally right for you to want to kill the ones who did this to your family?

As you well know, far fewer innocent civilians died during the Iraq war than during he reign of Saddam Hussein.

As you well know too, it was the United Nations who authorized the use of force against Iraq along with the vast majority of Democrats. Prominent Democrats who had supported an invasion for many, many years.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:Question for watcher.

As you well know, far fewer innocent civilians died during the Iraq war than during he reign of Saddam Hussein.

As you well know too, it was the United Nations who authorized the use of force against Iraq along with the vast majority of Democrats. Prominent Democrats who had supported an invasion for many, many years.

As you well know Our ZOG lies to us and feeds us bullshit at every opportunity...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well they better start fighting the real enemy of freedom...government....I don't think the Vietnamese were after our Bill of Rights....

I've got no love lost for our government, as you well know, T. That being said, our men and women in the armed forces with boots on the ground are not our enemies. MIC... Suspect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum