Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated!

+10
no stress
Markle
Joanimaroni
PBulldog2
VectorMan
2seaoat
Watcher
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

riceme wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well they better start fighting the real enemy of freedom...government....I don't think the Vietnamese were after our Bill of Rights....

I've got no love lost for our government, as you well know, T. That being said, our men and women in the armed forces with boots on the ground are not our enemies. MIC... Suspect

They are the enemy of whoever they are pointed at..A boots on the ground drone pilot blew an American citizen and his son to hell and there was no trial or consideration of his being an American...he was just a target....

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well they better start fighting the real enemy of freedom...government....I don't think the Vietnamese were after our Bill of Rights....

I've got no love lost for our government, as you well know, T. That being said, our men and women in the armed forces with boots on the ground are not our enemies. MIC... Suspect

They are the enemy of whoever they are pointed at..A boots on the ground drone pilot blew an American citizen and his son to hell and there was no trial or consideration of his being an American...he was just a target....

Then we shall agree to disagree. I see your point to a certain degree and respect your opinion on many subjects such as this, but we simply disagree on this one.

no stress

no stress

Joanimaroni wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Of course they should be celebrated. Many men and women died to protect your right to post this silly shit.

Goddamn right, Vector.

And, just because someone supports and celebrates our military personnel does by NO means imply that they also support and celebrate war.

Get it straight, "Wordslinger."

Double ditto!

Me too!

I'll fourth that! I celebrate anyone who would lay down his/her life for my freedom.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

There are good people in the Military ranks..unfortunately a lot of damage gets done before they can act....

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/mostert/040518

While even today nearly everyone knows the name of Lt. William Calley, who was court-martialed for the Mai Lai massacre, few today know the name of Hugh Thompson, the helicopter pilot who stopped the massacre and promptly reported it to his commander. According to Chief My Lai prosecutor William Eckhardt, when Thompson realized what was happening "He put his helicopter down, put his guns on Americans, and said he would shoot them if they shot another Vietnamese. He then had his people wade in the ditch in gore to their knees, to their hips, took out children, took them to the hospital...flew back [to headquarters], standing in front of people, tears rolling down his cheeks, pounding on the table saying, 'Notice, notice, notice'...then had the courage to testify time after time after time."

Hugh Thompson's heroism was not considered news during the Vietnam War by the American media and today the heroism of another young soldier who reported the abuse to his commanding officer is not being reported. In fact, the very detailed report issued by Maj. Gen. Antonio M. Taguba notes that "Numerous witnesses stated that the 800th MP Brigade S-1, MAJ Hinzman and S-4, MAJ Green, were essentially dysfunctional, but that despite numerous complaints, these officers were not replaced." You can also read, that in spite of the really bad leadership the unit had from its female Brigadier General and a couple of other officers, that Taguba reported there were many in the unit who refused to follow orders they knew were not right. Some of them were mentioned by name:

Master-at-Arms First Class William J. Kimbro, US Navy Dog Handler, knew his duties and refused to participate in improper interrogations despite significant pressure from the MI personnel at Abu Ghraib.

SPC Joseph M. Darby, 372nd MP Company discovered evidence of abuse and turned it over to military law enforcement.

1LT David O. Sutton, 229th MP Company, took immediate action and stopped an abuse, then reported the incident to the chain of command.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Of course they should be celebrated. Many men and women died to protect your right to post this silly shit.

Goddamn right, Vector.

And, just because someone supports and celebrates our military personnel does by NO means imply that they also support and celebrate war.

Double ditto!

Me too!

I'll fourth that! I celebrate anyone who would lay down his/her life for my freedom.

When has YOUR freedom EVER been in jeopardy from a foreign enemy ? Unless of course you were invading THEIR homeland.

Let's just get this straight all you rightwingers.Very few people join the military for love of their country.They have ulterior motives such as education,can't get a job (like Ghandi),financial security,etc. Some just want to go to war and kill people. I don't hold them in any higher esteem than anyone else who puts their life on the line like police or firefighters or any other risk taking job. Wordslinger has a point and there is no glory in war and killing people. The wars we've been in we stuck our nose in and had our children killed w/ the exception of a few.

no stress

no stress

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Goddamn right, Vector.

Double ditto!

Me too!

When has YOUR freedom EVER been in jeopardy from a foreign enemy ? Unless of course you were invading THEIR homeland.

Never , of course. Because we have a supreme military protecting our country. Haul that FEMA camp to Somolia and see how long you last without an army protecting you.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Goddamn right, Vector.

Double ditto!

Exactly.

Me too!

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:Let's just get this straight all you rightwingers.Very few people join the military for love of their country.They have ulterior motives such as education,can't get a job (like Ghandi),financial security,etc. Some just want to go to war and kill people. I don't hold them in any higher esteem than anyone else who puts their life on the line like police or firefighters or any other risk taking job. Wordslinger has a point and there is no glory in war and killing people. The wars we've been in we stuck our nose in and had our children killed w/ the exception of a few.

Its very sad that you feel this way dreams. Sometimes I agree wholeheartedly with you and then there are times like this.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Goddamn right, Vector.

Double ditto!

Me too!

Never , of course. Because we have a supreme military protecting our country. Haul that FEMA camp to Somolia and see how long you last without an army protecting you.

Yeah like the ARMY protected Americans at WACO....LOL you must dream in propaganda...

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 2 Tanks110

Bob wrote:Ya'll are wasting your breath with this one. The vast majority of the posters think like pacedog when it comes to this. They are not receptive to any criticism of the military. The military is probably more sacrosanct to them than their own religion.
It's hard enough to even get them to ever question the civilian leaders' decisions to use military force. But it's downright impossible to get them to question the rank and file. When you do that that just makes the people around these parts hate and despise you because that makes you a traitor and a coward in their eyes.

That's not exactly true. The vast majority of these posters are an extreme minority when it comes to what people really think. They have just monopolized and alienated people w/ their hate on their myopic opinions so others don't post much. I'm glad to see more diverse opinions coming out.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Most military people don't want to go to war. But regardless of why they join, the agreement is that they will go wherever the military sends them. If they don't go where the military sends them, they will be tried for AWOL and sent to prison. And that is a commitment and sacrifice that policemen and firemen and other civilians do not make.

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Let's just get this straight all you rightwingers.Very few people join the military for love of their country.They have ulterior motives such as education,can't get a job (like Ghandi),financial security,etc. Some just want to go to war and kill people. I don't hold them in any higher esteem than anyone else who puts their life on the line like police or firefighters or any other risk taking job. Wordslinger has a point and there is no glory in war and killing people. The wars we've been in we stuck our nose in and had our children killed w/ the exception of a few.

Its very sad that you feel this way dreams. Sometimes I agree wholeheartedly with you and then there are times like this.

What is sad about it,Gunz? The illusion that people join the military to serve their country? There may be a few but the reality is there are are more selfish reasons people join. We need to face the facts that our children are killed by old people in congress who would never vote for war if they had to go. The majority of wars we've been in is because we had to force our way of democracy on people who don't want it and hate us. I don't believe we should stand by and let countries kill us but I don't feel they are any more special than the the people who risk their lives everyday fighting evil on our own country.

Nekochan wrote:Most military people don't want to go to war. But regardless of why they join, the agreement is that they will go wherever the military sends them. If they don't go where the military sends them, they will be tried for AWOL and sent to prison. And that is a commitment and sacrifice that policemen and firemen and other civilians do not make.

They're not sent to prison.They're kicked out w/ a bad discharge now days.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Nobody wearing a U.S. uniform who died in Vietnam, Greneda, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan or Somalia, etc, died for our freedom. Nobody. Only victims got blown apart in those unnecessary, wars fought for profit. Leading the cheerleading section for that kind of macabre patriotic voodoo doesn't make you a great American ... just someone with truely masochistic tendancies. It's folk like you who keep the kids running towards the recruitment tables to serve as fodder for the profit of our glorious, patriotic, war manufacturing industry. Reality!

Gunz wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
riceme wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Goddamn right, Vector.

Double ditto!

Me too!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

As you know, everyone in uniform today is a volunteer. No doubt a few are there who believe they're in it for freedom and glory. The other 99 percent are in it because it's the only job they could get with what they knew. The fact so many of them become professional mercenaries attests to that truth. Face, that kind of soldier will willingly murder anyone he's aimed at ... and all the while, there's a huge crowd of misguided robots ready to cheer and applaud their every move. Thanks again for pointing out how big a role money plays with our professional army.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Watcher wrote:The military asskissing is vexatious at best.

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmN_NRm1iTs5zuy4gtSXtuux0ib2Wkg0eoOTiKre0BQkxil91l

I'm sure there's a lot of military members who'd tell you that you can keep your asskissing (honors and celebrations) and they'll take a pay raise making their pay comparable to someone working for a private company.

Weren't those guys working for Blackwater or whatever it was make like $150,000 or more a year tax free with benefits when working the job a E-3 or E-4 is assigned in the military?

Yeah! I'd take the pay over the asskissing anyday.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco

Very Happy

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQNmD8LH01Tcfb00XlF7GZziXUf81b22yoizlQ8wIWZoJJYxH2

So what you're saying is that our military should only be used aggressively with the approval of the United States people and thereby Congress and any aggressive action without that approval should be considered a war crime?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Wordslinger wrote:As you know, everyone in uniform today is a volunteer. No doubt a few are there who believe they're in it for freedom and glory. The other 99 percent are in it because it's the only job they could get with what they knew. The fact so many of them become professional mercenaries attests to that truth. Face, that kind of soldier will willingly murder anyone he's aimed at ... and all the while, there's a huge crowd of misguided robots ready to cheer and applaud their every move. Thanks again for pointing out how big a role money plays with our professional army.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Watcher wrote:The military asskissing is vexatious at best.

I'm sure there's a lot of military members who'd tell you that you can keep your asskissing (honors and celebrations) and they'll take a pay raise making their pay comparable to someone working for a private company.

Weren't those guys working for Blackwater or whatever it was make like $150,000 or more a year tax free with benefits when working the job a E-3 or E-4 is assigned in the military?

Yeah! I'd take the pay over the asskissing anyday.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco

Very Happy

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-I4h8rIS81JEA8ffo875PYImQgqZgoSiorb-29MEEkHCfZLGSVw

Well yeah!!!!! Since you're going to forego the asskissing!

I'll take the back pay owed to me with five percent interest, since the pay increase you just authorized should apply to all veterans and be applied retroactively to all those nasty wars we served in.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X_Dd_6Czk

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 11/29/2012, 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Dreamsglore wrote:That's not exactly true. The vast majority of these posters are an extreme minority when it comes to what people really think. They have just monopolized and alienated people w/ their hate on their myopic opinions so others don't post much. I'm glad to see more diverse opinions coming out.

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsCubsLB4rGAlROtG4ZrBZhtNkpUDwTl1J5YwK0ZyFApn8c9l2fte3LtY

That part highlighted in red is you talking about yourself right?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umaLe37-LE

Laughing

Come visit us in the 21st century Teo.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Most military people don't want to go to war. But regardless of why they join, the agreement is that they will go wherever the military sends them. If they don't go where the military sends them, they will be tried for AWOL and sent to prison. And that is a commitment and sacrifice that policemen and firemen and other civilians do not make.

They're not sent to prison.They're kicked out w/ a bad discharge now days.

Depends on the case. The folks who have blantantly missed a movement to deploy to the war are tried as deserters and YES they get prison.

Lots of hate towards the military, but that is OK, as we don't necessarily do this job for each of you haters. We do it for the person on the left of us and the person on the right of us trying to get each and every member back home safe to their families after doing an obviously thankless job that most of the complainers didn't have the balls to do or were unwilling to do.

I'm at a community across the country right now where people actually will pay for your dinner just because you are serving in the military. It's not an infrequent event either as most of the instructors that are training me have a similar story and frequent occurences of this happening. I've never once had someone in Pensacola pick up the tab for me or my family while out eating and everyone seems to think that Pensacola supports its troops and love the military.

So, if you don't support the military I don't really care and it is your right to do so and speak out about it. You'll probably always be in the minority on this and people will probably always look at you funny. I'm sure the haters are the same people who don't know the words to the Pledge of Allegianceor the national anthem. All the hate is just going to tear you apart from the inside.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The 21st century...with the end of the cold war a new enemy was needed or else people like the BUSH family wouldn't be making obscene profits off the blood money of war....So they found the best enemy yet..terrorists that ROTFLMAO "hate us for our freedoms". Now we can have endless wars against an enemy, where the FBI finds a man, stirs him up with hate propaganda, gives him a target, supplies him with dummy explosives, pays for his attack, "catches" him and then trumpets how they "saved" us again....so welcome to the 21st century, a century of American idiots.

Looks like peace threatened to break out and nobody really wanted that.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote: the FBI finds a man, stirs him up with hate propaganda, gives him a target, supplies him with dummy explosives, pays for his attack, "catches" him and then trumpets how they "saved" us again....so welcome to the 21st century, a century of American idiots.
Somehow I don't think you've convinced pacedog with this. He's gonna need at least several years worth of listening to Alex Jones first. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I know you are right Bob. As long as people believe that you love your country and show your courage by murdering others in war we will have wars. The death merchants have certainly learned how throughout the years to push the buttons of young impressionable men and now women. I wondered why all the movies began to show women kicking ass and being brutal....The MIC just needed more recruits and the gender wasn't important. So welcome to the circus and we are the clowns entertaining the elite....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum