Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated!

+10
no stress
Markle
Joanimaroni
PBulldog2
VectorMan
2seaoat
Watcher
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:If it's illegal to ask on an interview,Ghost-it's illegal to ask on an application.The companies who have that on there are clueless and haven't revised their applications.Probably won't until it's challenged.

I'm sorry Dreams, but I do not believe that, you are going to have to prove it in writing to me via the wording in the ADA itself or some Department of Labor regulation, not some little rag-tag website.

Ok-don't believe it but I'm telling you it is illegal to ask about discharge status from the military.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/employment-law-and-human-resources/frequently-asked-questions-regarding-hiring-laws.html

Military service records: Military service records may be released only under limited circumstances, and consent is generally required. The military may, however, disclose name, rank, salary, duty assignments, awards, and duty status without the member's consent.

I'm talking about in a job interview,Teo. It is considered an illegal question to ask about a military discharge status.

Wordslinger wrote:Adjust your logic, it needs revision. The purpose of all soldiers is to kill. There's nothing "corrupt" about a soldier killing. Soldiers take lives and in our armed forces, they do it for money. Reality.

Military Personnel Should Be Tolerated, not Celebrated! - Page 8 Z

If you think they're only in it for the money then take away the honors and allow them to unionize.

You under estimate what the celebrations and honors do to draw young men and women into the services along with their reasons for making it a career.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEO6QH6SjEo

Smile

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:If it's illegal to ask on an interview,Ghost-it's illegal to ask on an application.The companies who have that on there are clueless and haven't revised their applications.Probably won't until it's challenged.

I'm sorry Dreams, but I do not believe that, you are going to have to prove it in writing to me via the wording in the ADA itself or some Department of Labor regulation, not some little rag-tag website.

Ok-don't believe it but I'm telling you it is illegal to ask about discharge status from the military.

We are not talking about the type of discharge from military service. We are talking about time served and the persons military training and experience. Do you see anything on that last page of the company application that I posted. It does not say one word about the type of discharge. It ask what branch of service, date served etc., etc. Nowhere does it even imply to the type of discharge.

Lots of companies are now doing background checks as terms of employment. Don't you think that if the applicant was discharged with a Dishonorable by a General Court Martial that something of that nature would show up on a background check? Remember a felony conviction follows you for the rest of your life even under a court martial.

Actually, it doesn't show up in a background check unless an NCIC check is done. Most employers do local checks to the county you live in or surrounding counties due to the cost.The state does not even do an NCIC check of all 50 states. An LE position might do one but it is expensive to do these checks so they rarely show up.

no stress

no stress

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum