Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA thread

+2
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 8:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:You missed my point entirely.   Michael Jordan prior to Jackson's arrival had to score big for them to be competitive, and he had little trust in his teammates.  Jackson worked with Jordan to let go, and trust the team.   Once Jordan bought into this concept the Bulls could not be beat.   James has never evolved to the elite level, and only got his two rings because of how utterly weak the East was and he was able  to advance only twice in a decade because he clearly is coaching himself and his dominance weakens the team.   Without a strong coach, fewer minutes, and more trust in his team..........James will NEVER win another ring.....NEVER.

Injuries are part of basketball, but this was a tough injury season for the Cavs.  However, completely healthy......the Cavs will not even get out of the East next year.  You take pride in James scoring over forty, like when Jordan scored 63 against the Knicks and that was the problem until Jackson COACHED Jordan.  You cannot even recognize the problem, and it is not highlight reels of James making great passes to teammates, rather it is letting those teammates reach their potential without stepping all over them......listen to what Bosh has said about playing with James.....He is the problem, and the solution is a coach who can control him......otherwise he is just the mailman.

I am glad you think getting to the finals is great......winning rings is great and Buffalo losing four super bowls or the vikings losing four super bowls do not have people announcing what great teams those runner ups were.   Sorry, you are blinded.....he will never win another ring.  I think he is a great player, and a good person who has been great for basketball, but he simply cannot coach himself, and at this late date.......I honestly do not know who can coach him.

Absolutely Seaoat. Until LeBron has a real coach he will continue to "run" the team. As of now, he is not coachable.

The Warriors played as a team....a team that depended on each player on the court.

27NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 9:17 pm

2seaoat

Bosh saying that Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love will find it “very difficult” playing with LeBron to Bleacher Report and adding that his own experience was “extremely difficult and extremely frustrating” with James.
Chalmers echoed similar sentiments about Kyrie Irving teaming with James, telling the Northeast Ohio Media Group:
“LeBron is a dominant player so if he feels like something is not going his way, he’s going to say something about it.
James is the problem and if coming in second, third, or fourth is the goal.....then he is very good with a goal at that level......the elite level of a championship.....will not happen until he is coached.

28NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 11:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Bosh saying that Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love will find it “very difficult” playing with LeBron to Bleacher Report and adding that his own experience was “extremely difficult and extremely frustrating” with James.
Chalmers echoed similar sentiments about Kyrie Irving teaming with James, telling the Northeast Ohio Media Group:
“LeBron is a dominant player so if he feels like something is not going his way, he’s going to say something about it.
James is the problem and if coming in second, third, or fourth is the goal.....then he is very good with a goal at that level......the elite level of a championship.....will not happen until he is coached.

LaBron is a skillful determined player with an intense drive.  Basketball consists of 5 players on the court and winning depends on the cohesiveness of those 5 players. 

In last night's game, Curry and Thompson were being double teamed, that took 4 Cavs leaving 3 Warriors that were able to step up and drive to the basket. The team won the game.

I hate to here about Irving's injury and hope he heals completely and quickly.  The shots of him going to the locker room showed his pain.

29NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/6/2015, 1:07 am

2seaoat

The Warriors path to the Championship has been littered with injured opponent point guards.  Teams win rings, and great players win rings, and when those two merge, it is a beautiful thing.  The way Golden State is playing is a wonderful thing.  The way Curry is playing is a wonderful thing.

30NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/7/2015, 8:29 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Irving out for several months. I saw the video over again and I did not see a direct blow of his knee hitting the floor. I wonder how many times he has had that knee injected with steroids to keep him playing.

31NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/7/2015, 4:54 pm

2seaoat

Jerry West: Stephen Curry is best shooter 'I've ever seen'

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/jerry-west-stephen-curry-is-best-shooter-ive-ever-seen/ar-BBkNVXk

James will be in his shadow the last five years of his career.

32NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/7/2015, 7:31 pm

2seaoat

Jimmy Kimmel had Jimmy Butler on.....I am glad he is getting national attention.  Great kid who has worked hard for everything he has......his story as a kid is a tough one to digest.  He deserves a little spotlight.

33NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/7/2015, 10:40 pm

2seaoat

Poor Curry got the Seaoat jinx.....does not matter a bit....the NBA and ABC do not have to deal with a sweep......

34NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/7/2015, 11:23 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Poor Curry got the Seaoat jinx.....does not matter a bit....the NBA and ABC do not have to deal with a sweep......

OMG.....only saw the second half. GS deserved Tha loss.

35NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/7/2015, 11:28 pm

2seaoat

I was giggling like a little girl thinking about posting that Curry is the best shooter ever and he has a cold night.....perfect.   I feel like the Warriors are kids playing with a magnifying glass and ants.......I am loving this series.......just when they think they are clear.....zap.  There will be a great many zaps the rest of the way......

36NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 7:43 am

knothead

knothead

Game 2 was another epic performance by both teams, however, it should have NEVER gone to OT . . . . refs missed two consecutive obvious hard fouls against the greatest player on the planet.
On to Game 3 Tuesday . . . . am loving this playoff more than any I remember in recent history.

37NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 7:47 am

2seaoat

The NBA product just keeps getting better.

38NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 8:27 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

That was the first time in NBA history that a team won a game in the finals without their #2 and #3 scorers.  Rack up another triple double for LeBron.

We're basically two bricked jumpers away from the Cavs returning to Cleveland 2-0 and LeBron on the verge of pulling off the most impressive Finals run ever. No one has faced more adversity in a playoff run. Not even close.

39NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 9:04 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

To put this accomplishment in context, Jordan only ever won one playoff game without Pippen and Jackson.  One.  

Michael Jordan, who many still say is the greatest of all time, could only muster one first round playoff victory without HOF supporting cast.  Note that I'm not saying Jordon won one playoff series but, rather, one playoff victory.  Jordan's best playoff run without Pippen and Jackson was a first round playoff exit by way of the Bucks 3-1.

And yet we're hearing this "he can't close the deal" criticism of LeBron - who is currently doing things that no player in NBA history has ever done before. The Cavs are essentially only playing a lineup of 7 guys right now.

40NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 5:29 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

NBA thread - Page 2 AdeptEvergreenBluebottlejellyfish

41NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 5:33 pm

2seaoat

This is going to be sweet.....like ants under a magnifying glass....they think they have a chance.........ring or nothing my friend......ring or nothing.

42NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 5:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:NBA thread - Page 2 AdeptEvergreenBluebottlejellyfish

Precious!

43NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 6:00 pm

2seaoat

Boards is precious this time of year.....

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/p/scottie_pippen_vs_dwyane_wade.htm

By golly Mr. James had a higher point producer next to him with an all star center in Bosh......and you argue supporting cast....too funny....the team of ages last year has become a bunch of bums this year....selective memory....old Seaoat is going to be right two years in a row.....no ring for James and all the platitudes about the vikings losing the super bowl or the bills losing four super bowls, or James scoring forty make it even sweeter.

44NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 6:22 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Boards is precious this time of year.....

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/p/scottie_pippen_vs_dwyane_wade.htm

By golly Mr. James had a higher point producer next to him with an all star center in Bosh......and you argue supporting cast....too funny....the team of ages last year has become a bunch of bums this year....selective memory....old Seaoat is going to be right two years in a row.....no ring for James and all the platitudes about the vikings losing the super bowl or the bills losing four super bowls, or James scoring forty make it even sweeter.

Here again, you're leaving me no choice but to assume that you're trolling.  Jordan had Pippen throughout the vast majority of his career.  LeBron had Wade for four years when he was past his prime and yet was still able to get four trips to the finals and two rings.  

Face it.  You got nothing.  In all honesty, If I were you I would just continue to repeat "Yeah but Jordan was clutch" again and again.  At least that would come across as potentially competent.  More so than this most recent submission of yours at least.  Granted, you're not really saying anything when you make such a comment, but then again it is better to say nothing and be thought a fool...

45NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 6:27 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:This is going to be sweet.....like ants under a magnifying glass....they think they have a chance.........ring or nothing my friend......ring or nothing.

It is still very likely that Golden State will win this series. They're playing a 10 man rotation against the Cavs 7. Almost any player on GS would start for the Cavs if they were on the Cavs. One roster is both of higher quality and quantity. Then there is the coaching advantage. Then there is hostile home court advantage. Etc. etc.

There is simply no way that LeBron should even be in these finals, and yet here he is. This run is otherworldly. We're in uncharted territory here. For many, the discussion is already over now - no matter what happens in this series. Jordan was never asked to do as much as we have seen LeBron be asked to do in these playoffs. Hell, Jordan exited first round when being asked to do less!

46NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/8/2015, 6:52 pm

2seaoat

There is simply no way that LeBron should even be in these finals,

We agree.  He is a great player who will never get the championships.  Exactly what I have been saying for five years.  Nothing new this year......just a different excuse.  The two all stars playing with James during the regular season could not even win the weak East division......and had the seventh best record in the NBA.....Jordan.....too funny.  Like I said earlier this year......If he wins a championship this year or next year.....you will get my attention, but it is all mailman and Dr. J to me....great players with individual stats, but never could rise to the level of the great all time players who did not have excuses.....just rings and stats.

47NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/9/2015, 9:30 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:There is simply no way that LeBron should even be in these finals,

We agree.  He is a great player who will never get the championships.  Exactly what I have been saying for five years.  Nothing new this year......just a different excuse.  The two all stars playing with James during the regular season could not even win the weak East division......and had the seventh best record in the NBA.....Jordan.....too funny.  Like I said earlier this year......If he wins a championship this year or next year.....you will get my attention, but it is all mailman and Dr. J to me....great players with individual stats, but never could rise to the level of the great all time players who did not have excuses.....just rings and stats.

What we have seen LeBron do throughout these playoffs is on a higher level than anything Jordan ever accomplished.  LeBron has already risen to the level of all time great.   How many times need this be pointed out to you?  Jordan never saw the second around of the playoffs without HOFers.  LeBron is currently sitting in the finals at 1-1 with six other players who wouldn't start for any other team in the league.

48NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/9/2015, 10:09 am

2seaoat

More excuses. You ignore when he had two all stars on the team in the Playoffs, and you ignore the regular season. It is the ring or nothing......there is a player on the Knicks who has the stats and is a great player, but like James he will never see a championship ring, nor will James see another because they can't get it done. Last year it was the team of the ages.....never better, with the best player ever.....how did that work out.....exactly as I predicted.....no ring. Now everybody who plays with James is inferior and that is the reason he just cannot get the rings....really....that is your lucid argument.....what will the excuse be next year? Kobe, Magic, Larry, Bill, Michael, Kareem, and Duncan did not need excuses. Face it......James does not do a very good job coaching himself and is mostly responsible for not getting the rings. He makes great assists and can score, but as those who have played with him complain......it is hard. Get three more rings and I will listen to a comparison with Magic and Kobe, but until then enough with the excuses.....get the rings.

49NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/9/2015, 12:52 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:More excuses.

I stopped reading right there. LeBron is currently playing with these six guys: Mozgov, Shumpert, Dellavadova, Smith, Jones, and Thompson...in the NBA finals...against the best shooting team in NBA history.

Just as there is no rational argument that I can make to a guy who believes that increasing interest rates places upward pressure on inflation, there is simply no argument that I can make to a guy who says playing on a seven man roster comprised of the players above is "more excuses" for why LeBron will not likely defeat the Warriors - who are running a 10 man rotation and whose entire team would start for the Cavs.

It's like debating the underlying theme of a book with someone who can't read. No thanks.

50NBA thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/9/2015, 2:17 pm

2seaoat

Of course there is no need to debate.....there will be no ring. We agree.

Markle's understanding of the economy compared to my understanding of basketball......

let me see eleven tries......2 rings.....basketball greats do not bat less than 200 on championship rings.....sorry it is not I, who is doing a Markle on this thread and the thread last year.......SHOW ME THE RINGS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum