Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA thread

+2
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

101NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/13/2015, 7:58 pm

2seaoat

If I could take only one player from that team right now to build a team... it'd be green.

I agree that defense wins and Green is amazing as a first team NBA defender, but the NBA game is changing and the truth is that three point shooting has almost doubled in the last 10 years and Kerr who was an amazing three point shooter understands the new analytics being applied to NBA performance and the truth is that two exceptional three point shooters will be the model for success in the NBA as they space the floor, open the lane for the drive, and allow almost 50% shooting percentages if the shooters are above 33% from the three.  The warriors did not get lucky winning the most games in the NBA this year.   The Cavs were seventh......and that was with their stars......they are not a good TEAM, and should have never gotten by the Bulls who were a better TEAM, but when you focus on one player you get blinded to the reality that Curry is the MVP for a reason, and James was not.

102NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/13/2015, 9:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:If I could take only one player from that team right now to build a team... it'd be green.

I agree that defense wins and Green is amazing as a first team NBA defender, but the NBA game is changing and the truth is that three point shooting has almost doubled in the last 10 years and Kerr who was an amazing three point shooter understands the new analytics being applied to NBA performance and the truth is that two exceptional three point shooters will be the model for success in the NBA as they space the floor, open the lane for the drive, and allow almost 50% shooting percentages if the shooters are above 33% from the three.  The warriors did not get lucky winning the most games in the NBA this year.   The Cavs were seventh......and that was with their stars......they are not a good TEAM, and should have never gotten by the Bulls who were a better TEAM, but when you focus on one player you get blinded to the reality that Curry is the MVP for a reason, and James was not.

Green is awesome but he is a foul magnet.

103NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/13/2015, 9:09 pm

knothead

knothead

I'd love to see this sorted out the old fashioned way . . . . . one on one . . . . Curry vs. James . . . . . . it would be very telling!
I am very aware of the uphill challenge The Cavs have now after losing some of their key talent but I will root them on nehoo!
Go Cavs!

104NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/13/2015, 9:26 pm

2seaoat

I'd love to see this sorted out the old fashioned way . . . . . one on one . . . . Curry vs. James . . . . . . it would be very telling!

That is the central tenet of the failure of the James revisionist historians who consistently fail to recognize that basketball is not a one on one contest but a team contest where the best teams win.  Ask Bosh and others who have played with James who consistently state that he is hard to play with....in a team context.  He has failed to win 10 out of 12 attempts and with certainty I can tell you the NBA game has migrated to the domination of the three point offense and the analytics scream with confirmation of the same.

James scoring forty......Jordan scored 63 and lost before he was coached and other stats mean NOTHING.  The man is coaching himself and can shoot when ever he wants and run the offense through him whenever  he wants.......and he consistently loses at crunch time.   A one on one with Curry would give as much information as to who is the better player as a hand wrestling contest between Blatt and Kerr would determine which team was best........the best player and best team will WIN.  This is simple.  Curry was the MVP.  The Warriors had the best regular season record.  They will win the Championship.

105NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/13/2015, 10:59 pm

2seaoat

The myths seem to be getting scorched this series...
http://perezhilton.com/2015-06-12-lebron-james-penis-flash-nba-finals#.VXzt01J0PJY

106NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/14/2015, 7:11 pm

I thght it looked like a penis... only smaller.

107NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/14/2015, 7:44 pm

2seaoat

I always wore a jock strap and could not imagine elevating and getting an elbow or shoulder in the groin....he is a tough guy playing in the NBA without support or a little protection.......I would not say small, but within the average range, but certainly way short of the myth.   Why would ABC be filming at his groin?  I cannot wait to see the fine amount.....I think that is the first frontal nudity of a male in network TV history....correct me if I am wrong.  There certainly are some stats of Michael Jordan that Mr. James will certainly fall short.

108NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/14/2015, 8:16 pm

2seaoat

James falls within the average range

• Across studies it has been concluded that flaccid lengths range around 7 to 10 centimeters (2.8-3.9 inches).
  • Flaccid circumferences range around 9 to 10 centimeters (3.5 to 3.9 inches).
  • Erect lengths range around 12 to 16 centimeters (4.7 to 6.3 inches).

So without rings.....James kinda becomes ordinary in more ways than one.

109NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/14/2015, 8:18 pm

2seaoat

Well, ABC at least will have six games.......

110NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/14/2015, 10:36 pm

2seaoat

mvp.....mvp......mvp......mvp..... Basketball

111NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/14/2015, 11:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great game. cheers

112NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/14/2015, 11:39 pm

2seaoat

Curry and his crew showed why they were the best team in the NBA this year and the Cavs were seventh.....Kerr once again out coached James, and the MVP proved why he was the best this year and probably the best going forward for many years.  Nobody like Curry has played the game like he does in the history of the NBA, and the three point shooters will rule the game until there are rule changes.

113NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 7:39 am

Bof's goat sure misses a lot of layups... and doesn't block out worth a shit. Fundamentally flawed.

114NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 8:17 am

2seaoat

"I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world," James said after the game. "It's simple."

Too funny.....Curry delivers in the fourth quarter, and James misses layup after layup at crunch time in the fourth quarter....when you coach yourself you get your stats, but seldom win because there is no team at crunch time........his confidence is directly proportional to Curry's dominance, and his delusion that he will ever win another ring.  James should learn that when the MVP just took you to school, you should be quiet and say great game steph.

115NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 8:31 am

2seaoat

Bof's goat sure misses a lot of layups... and doesn't block out worth a shit. Fundamentally flawed.

Missing layup after layup at crunch time, and then dissing Curry who had a jaw dropping fourth quarter......it indicates that James realizes he is playing against a young great player who is taking the shine off his apple......if you cannot make a layup at crunch time(nothing new here) I guess you can go Kobe for the rest of your career padding stats and not winning.  The best never had to declare the same.....their rings and  stats told the whole story.

116NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 8:57 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:I don't think Curry will be durable enough to be my first pick.

I have to agree that he looks frail compared to the freakish big and strong, but time will only tell how he holds up.   The thing which is always true about shooters......they can have cold nights.  He had two in a row which otherwise the series would be over.

Here again, you must be watching some other series. Curry was essentially shut down in the first three games. Being it the case that the Warriors are playing a 10 man rotation consisting of five guys who are used to playing 30+ minutes every night and being it the case that the Cavs are playing a 7 man roster consisting of one legit starter surrounded by 6 other guys who play roughly 15 minutes or less, it was only a matter of time until fatigue began to set in in this series. The longer it goes, the more it favors the Warriors. It wasn't until fatigue set in in game 4 that Curry began to look like regular season Curry. Games 1 through 3 he was rendered a non-factor. But he sure looked good against the gassed second stringers in games 4 and 5! After half the starting five on the Cavs required IVs from being undermanned through 3 games in five days and traveling (one requiring hospitalization), yes, Curry looked great. If the Warriors could have found a way to see to it that the Cavs were completely spent and dehydrated prior to game 1, yes, this would have likely been a sweep.

Then again, if the Cavs had Varejao, Love, or Irving, this would also likely have been a sweep.

117NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 8:59 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Curry and his crew showed why they were the best team in the NBA this year and the Cavs were seventh.....Kerr once again out coached James, and the MVP proved why he was the best this year and probably the best going forward for many years.  Nobody like Curry has played the game like he does in the history of the NBA, and the three point shooters will rule the game until there are rule changes.

If you're not trolling here, which it seems almost like over the top trolling to me, you're going way beyond Markle level ignorance into some new zone entirely.

Outside of this forum, the rest of the world sees LeBron putting up one of the most impressive finals series ever.  He's leading both teams in points, rebounds, and assists; and is practically averaging a triple double per game.  If we placed LeBron on GS and Curry on Cleveland, what would happen?  4-0.  But the other way around, this is at least going to six or seven.  

It is completely bizarre the degree to which you guys are LeBron haters.  I hear LeBron haters chiming in on sports radio all day, though they are at least willing to acknowledge that LeBron is head and shoulders above everyone else in the league.  None of them are so blind as to make comments like those that I am reading here in this thread.  You guys either have a serious ax to grind against the guy, you don't actually watch as much basketball as you say you do, you're trolling, or you're just flat out dense.  I'll leave that for the reader to sort out.

118NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 9:13 am

2seaoat

No trolling.  I  have NEVER seen a player like Curry.  NEVER.  I saw the Mailman play live and I have seen James play live, they will both be top 10 scorers.  Neither were or have been very successful winning rings.   In the last 10 years three point shots have doubled.  The analytic approach to NBA require confirmation of the new central tenet......the three point shot will win championships.   Again....never in the history of the NBA has there been a player like Curry.  He will see more rings, James will never see another ring.  Curry is smooth and effortless.  Every team is going to need two three point high percentage shooters to win.   Kerr a three point expert has shown the analytic approach is correct, and his simple shift mid series has rendered James impotent......lots of points like a player on the knicks who is also without rings, but at least he can make a layup in the fourth quarter.

119NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 9:21 am

I think the cavs have made a mistake trying to go small with gsw. They simply aren't going to be able to match up... they are really just playing slow down half court bball. As for curry being unique... meh. He's a terrific shooter... but an iverson or even isiah thomas were more physical and versatile.

120NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 9:26 am

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote: If we placed LeBron on GS and Curry on Cleveland, what would happen?  4-0.  But the other way around, this is at least going to six or seven.  

This is indisputable.

121NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 9:30 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote: As for curry being unique...

He's slightly better than an exhausted Dellavedova ....

.... I'll give him that.

122NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 9:34 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Kerr a three point expert has shown the analytic approach is correct, and his simple shift mid series has rendered James impotent......

40 points, 14 rebounds, and 11 assists is impotent in 2seaoat-land.  

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to conclude that you are simply trolling at this point.

123NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 10:38 am

2seaoat

This is indisputable.

No.....ifs and buts and pure speculation do not make facts...if Pau does not yank the hamstring James would never have been in the final.  I am not picking on Boards or hating James, but last year all I heard was that the Heat were the team of ages and they were going to win multiple championships.....I was not hating when I said last year that they were not a very good team, and James folds at crunch time.  I do not give a rat's tail about speculation, he missed critical layups which would have won the game at crunch time, and you folks want to talk about ifs and buts.....fact.....Curry is better right now, and will win the ring.  The Spurs and Duncan were better last year.....fact....no ifs and buts.  Is James a great human being and a remarkable basketball player......yes he is.  If I can figure it out, sure as hell Kerr had no problem figuring it out.

124NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 10:45 am

2seaoat

40 points, 14 rebounds, and 11 assists is impotent in 2seaoat-land.

Jordan scored 63 points in the playoff game against the knicks, and fools talked about his stats.....he lost.   When he allowed Phil to coach him and believe in the concept of team, then and only then did he win......he would have been just another mailman or James, but for James to go to the next level where he can use his amazing talent to win, he must be coached.   I think if Thibs went to the Cavs, then you could realize your dream to make James a top 5 player of all time.....right now you simply think the problem is the team....excuses....or fairy dust......it is not.....you once admitted he needed to be coached, but you are blinded now.

125NBA thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/15/2015, 11:09 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:40 points, 14 rebounds, and 11 assists is impotent in 2seaoat-land.

Jordan scored 63 points in the playoff game against the knicks, and fools talked about his stats.....he lost.   When he allowed Phil to coach him and believe in the concept of team, then and only then did he win......he would have been just another mailman or James, but for James to go to the next level where he can use his amazing talent to win, he must be coached.   I think if Thibs went to the Cavs, then you could realize your dream to make James a top 5 player of all time.....right now you simply think the problem is the team....excuses....or fairy dust......it is not.....you once admitted he needed to be coached, but you are blinded now.

James is coaching. He is a forward that plays point guard; he gets his stats and worries about the game after the fact. Although he is a determined and talented player he is one of five on the court. Curry and Jordan play/played with the same grace, drive and finesse of executing a task. James plays like a bull using his weight...lowering his shoulder and plowing through players with his elbow. How easy can it be.....driving over players and literally dropping the ball down into the net.....yet he misses frequently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum