Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA thread

+2
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

176NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:41 am

2seaoat

LaBron's shooting percentage in the third quater, I believe was just 21%.

He has a known history of folding at crunch time.....again nothing new in this game and nothing unexpected in this series other than Curry had two cold shooting nights which allowed the nuts to talk about nonsense.  He needs to be coached and put into a winning framework......but having exposed his ego.....that will never happen.....so he will continue to be the bridesmaid and has the patent on losing when it matters.

177NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:57 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:LaBron's shooting percentage in the third quater, I believe was just 21%.

He has a known history of folding at crunch time.....again nothing new in this game and nothing unexpected in this series other than Curry had two cold shooting nights which allowed the nuts to talk about nonsense.  He needs to be coached and put into a winning framework......but having exposed his ego.....that will never happen.....so he will continue to be the bridesmaid and has the patent on losing when it matters.

It's sad because he is a very good player, but his egotistical attitude got in his way.

178NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:26 am

2seaoat

I thought the whole presentation on TV when he went to the Heat was a horrible mistake, but now I believe it was not a mistake....it was the essence of why the man cannot win.....his ego and ball hogging/gunning nature is out of control....I doubt there is a coach in the league who could control him to build a team that could win at the highest levels of competition...........0.153% and next year it drops to 0.142%......the best player in the world.....totally predictable.

179NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:57 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I thought the whole presentation on TV when he went to the Heat was a horrible mistake, but now I believe it was not a mistake....it was the essence of why the man cannot win.....his ego and ball hogging/gunning nature is out of control....I doubt there is a coach in the league who could control him to build a team that could win at the highest levels of competition...........0.153% and next year it drops to 0.142%......the best player in the world.....totally predictable.

That was a huge turn off for me concerning LaBron. I can't imagine a PR manager doing that....it had to be all LaBron using Hollywood flair. The sad part....he didn't need to people were following him.

180NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 8:33 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:BOF......excuses.

Before these playoffs began, back when LeBron still had Love and Irving, I still predicted that the Cavs would reach the finals but would lose. It turns out that I was right and wrong there. They did in fact reach the finals and lose, though after seeing how this series panned out and how LeBron alone was enough to give this Golden State team a run for their money, I suspect that with Love and Irving healthy they could have probably won rings in year one of the formation of this team. I think it is fairly clear why the Cavs lost that series. They were tapped out of players. I don't expect you or 2seaoat to understand something as fundamental as the idea that teammates are a factor that influences success and failure in team sports.

All that said, if Love does in fact return next year and assuming we don't see any season-ending injuries from Love or Irving, it seems very likely that the Cavs will get a ring next year. And perhaps the next, and the next. At the very least we can pencil them in to the next five NBA finals, as there is simply no one in east that will be able to hang with this trio.

181NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 9:18 am

2seaoat

At the very least we can pencil them in to the next five NBA finals, as there is simply no one in east that will be able to hang with this trio.

Deja vu..........31 years old and running out of time next year, and a very tough Bucks team who will surprise many.  The regular season they will come in sixth or seventh, and again next year they will not even win their division.  A 36 year old forward gunning from the point guard position stepping all over his teammates taking most of the shots......I suppose you expect President Trump to invite the champions to the White House too.......

James will never get another ring......it is obvious why.

182NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 9:47 am

Less than .40 shooting and an amazing amount of shots. A champ would've tried something else last nite.

183NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 9:53 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Less than .40 shooting and an amazing amount of shots. A champ would've tried something else last nite.

And in an alternate universe where LeBron tried something else and didn't put up 32/18/9 in game six..."He disappeared in game six. A champ would have stepped up and put up 32/18/9."

I can't argue with stupid.

184NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 10:05 am

13/33 w 6 turnovers... it's comical how much you can ignore to believe what you desperately wish to believe.

185NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 10:09 am

2seaoat

Can James ever be integrated into a team which allows eight deep participation and development of all players to be effective NBA champions?
NO
Can James be coached to achieve the above?
NO
Without a team will James ever win another ring?
NO
Will James be gunning for stats like Anthony and Kobe the last three years?
YES
Will Curry win a couple more rings in the next five years?
YES

186NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 10:11 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:13/33 w 6 turnovers... it's comical how much you can ignore to believe what you desperately wish to believe.

I'm not ignoring that. There is no one else on the Cavs roster that can generate any sort of offense so LeBron has had to take considerably more shots than normal. Virtually the entire offense had to run through him for the entire series. Volume shooting and controlling the offense as much as he had to leads to lower shooting percentage and higher turnovers. The Cavs didn't hit one three, not one, when LeBron was on the bench. Every time he said down, that team was dead in the water. And every time he stood up, he was expected to carry them all.

You're like a guy who says RGIII is better than Andrew Luck because Luck throws more interceptions. You clearly don't understand the game. But at least you provide comic relief for those who do.

187NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 10:28 am

2seaoat

Tristan Thompson is a great player who shot almost .558 through the playoffs and simply did not get the ball enough with James gunning away......
Mosgov shot .500 through the playoffs and simply did not get the ball enough with James gunning away......
When Kerr went small, he made it very difficult for the Cavs to defend, but the Cavs had two players who were far more efficient on offense than James and he failed to make Kerr pay for the decision for going small by effectively beating the warriors with high percentage paint shots where a high percentage of offensive rebounds would have resulted......instead we had James padding his stats and gunning away.   Stupid and idiots are what we are called pointing out the obvious.....James cannot win because he destroys teams with selfish disruptive play which cannot be coached to maximize a teams potential.  Is he a great individual basketball player.....yes he is, but he will NEVER be a top 5 all time great until he is coached, and it is obvious that will not happen.

188NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 10:41 am

I just don't understand cle going small and then slowing the game down either. It seems counter intuitive.

I agree that they should've tried to go large and played half court ball... dump it inside. That was a clear advantage. Green still has a problem with fouls in that match up. It also would've collapsed the d and perhaps open lebron up for better short range shots.

He was 2/10 from 3pt range last night and 4/8 from the charity stripe. It was clearly a losing strategy.

189NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 10:51 am

2seaoat

He was 2/10 from 3pt range last night and 4/8 from the charity stripe. It was clearly a losing strategy.

It was crunch time......nothing new here.

190NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 11:15 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

Before these playoffs began, back when LeBron still had Love and Irving, I still predicted that the Cavs would reach the finals but would lose.  It turns out that I was right and wrong there.   They did in fact reach the finals and lose, though after seeing how this series panned out and how LeBron alone was enough to give this Golden State team a run for their money, I suspect that with Love and Irving healthy they could have probably won rings in year one of the formation of this team.  I think it is fairly clear why the Cavs lost that series.  They were tapped out of players.  I don't expect you or 2seaoat to understand something as fundamental as the idea that teammates are a factor that influences success and failure in team sports.

All that said, if Love does in fact return next year and assuming we don't see any season-ending injuries from Love or Irving, it seems very likely that the Cavs will get a ring next year.  And perhaps the next, and the next.   At the very least we can pencil them in to the next five NBA finals, as there is simply no one in east that will be able to hang with this trio.

Really?

191NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 11:27 am

2seaoat

Really?

He did.  He was very clear that he did not expect them to win in the first year.

192NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 11:29 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Before these playoffs began, back when LeBron still had Love and Irving, I still predicted that the Cavs would reach the finals but would lose.  It turns out that I was right and wrong there.   They did in fact reach the finals and lose, though after seeing how this series panned out and how LeBron alone was enough to give this Golden State team a run for their money, I suspect that with Love and Irving healthy they could have probably won rings in year one of the formation of this team.  I think it is fairly clear why the Cavs lost that series.  They were tapped out of players.  I don't expect you or 2seaoat to understand something as fundamental as the idea that teammates are a factor that influences success and failure in team sports.

All that said, if Love does in fact return next year and assuming we don't see any season-ending injuries from Love or Irving, it seems very likely that the Cavs will get a ring next year.  And perhaps the next, and the next.   At the very least we can pencil them in to the next five NBA finals, as there is simply no one in east that will be able to hang with this trio.

Really?  

My original prediction - from the beginning of the playoffs - was that the Cavs would lose to the Spurs in six. Not even the Heat were able to get a ring in year one of assembling that team, so I didn't expect the Cavs would either as most on that roster had never seen the playoffs before.

Later when Irving went down, I said the Cavs would lose to Golden State in a sweep. And if not for the greatest performance in NBA finals history from LeBron, they would have. LeBron is the only player in NBA Finals history to lead both teams in minutes, points, rebounds, and assists. He did more than anyone else ever has, though with that roster it simply wasn't enough.

193NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:29 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I thought the whole presentation on TV when he went to the Heat was a horrible mistake, but now I believe it was not a mistake....it was the essence of why the man cannot win.....his ego and ball hogging/gunning nature is out of control....I doubt there is a coach in the league who could control him to build a team that could win at the highest levels of competition...........0.153% and next year it drops to 0.142%......the best player in the world.....totally predictable.

That was a huge turn off for me concerning LaBron. I can't imagine a PR manager doing that....it had to be all LaBron using  Hollywood flair. The sad part....he didn't need to people were following him.

So, y'all hate him because he's uppity.

Figures ....

194NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:53 pm

2seaoat

So, y'all hate him because he's uppity.

Figures ....

Hardly!

I have played with talented gunners who have killed the team, but I thought his mental state was winning and team, his comments this week put that announcement in perspective.  This guy will NEVER get another ring, and uppity is hardly the issue.......shooting a zillion shots at low percentages when you have two very good bigs with great shooting efficiency was selfish and sealed the deal.......they could have won if they had a team oriented less selfish player.......lets see who comes to mind.....oh yea.....Curry the best player in the NBA.

195NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:59 pm

2seaoat

Also, at crunch time you play defense.......his increasingly poor defense allowed a bench player to become the MVP of the Championship series.....I mean really he was letting the man he was suppose to guard blow by him regularly, but as the game was on the line he reminded me of a swinging gate.  I loved his intelligence in the past, but announcing he was the best player in the world and then allowing a player who probably could not have started on the cavs become the MVP......are you people blind and stupid, or just caught up in the hype.  Players who have played with James have said it quite succinctly.....it is hard.
Everything down to the detail that I predicted happened, and I am the idiot.

196NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:04 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

That was a huge turn off for me concerning LaBron. I can't imagine a PR manager doing that....it had to be all LaBron using  Hollywood flair. The sad part....he didn't need to people were following him.

I had really been flummoxed by the aversion many Baby Boomers have for Lebron.

I thought it might just be nostalgia for an earlier era, but your and Joanie's comments certainly cleared that up.

Uppity ....

.... makes perfect sense now!

Thanks for the honesty!

197NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I had really been flummoxed by the aversion many Baby Boomers have for Lebron.

I thought it might just be nostalgia for an earlier era, but your and Joanie's comments certainly cleared that up.

Uppity ....

.... makes perfect sense now!

Thanks for the honesty!

Uppity?

198NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:23 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
It's sad because he is a very good player, but his egotistical attitude got in his way.

Uppity.

199NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:23 pm

2seaoat

I have coached and played basketball in multiple leagues until I was 52, and I have seen players like James.  It has nothing to do with the good old days or being a babyboomer.  It has to do with elementary basketball knowledge. 

I think he has been good for basketball and is intelligent and a great role model.  However, he is NOT a team basketball player.  He refuses to subordinate his ego and desire to throw up stats to allow the team to win.   This is coaching, and he clearly did his own thing with the Heat, and the Cavs at times has been embarrassing for the current coach. 

I pointed out concisely four years ago that he was regularly getting beat on the first step by guards, and increasingly by small forwards as he insisted to play the point, when this increased his stats but under utilized the team.  His defense is not average anymore......he has become a poor defensive player one on one.

2 for 13.......and it is about him being uppity........turning a bench player into the championship series MVP because he can no longer play defense one on one........Sal.....are you being serious and you could not see this?

200NBA thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:25 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Steph Curry who simply wins by playing team ball.......nobody on this great team needs to say they are the best player in the world....

Actually, I'm seeing it pretty clearly now.

Steph Curry knows his place, and Lebron is uppity.

I get it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum