Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA thread

+2
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

151NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 1:40 pm

2seaoat

Magic won after losing the MVP and one of the greatest basketball players in history in his prime.........poor LeBron has a pretty good team which you deny has any value.....are they overachievers......absolutely.....could they win the championship with Curry.....absolutely.

Smith six man of the year in 2013 good player but inconsistent with his shots, but was a 12 point a game contributor this year.

Mozgov has been dominate at times on the boards and can score.  He is a good NBA center and actually is rated above many top centers in the game and he is rated much higher than the center which has been benched on Golden State because Mozgov has been so dominate......This guy is so much better than any center who played during the two three peats in Chicago it is hilarious to listen to your basketball knowledge.http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/C

Iman schumpurt......all NBA rookie team 2012......a very good NBA player who could start on almost any team in the NBA.

Tristan thompson is one of the most promising rebounding stars in the NBA and has his future is sealed.......not as good as rodman.....but only getting better and needs to get away from James the team killer.  Will be an allstar on the right team.

The backup point guard is tenacious and will be a highly sought free agent.

The team has advanced in the playoffs.  Magic, Kobe, Larry, and Michael all could take this group and win a ring......just James will fail because he has shown he is incapable of performing in the clutch......but most important is that Curry the MVP could win with this group and the spacing would allow Mosgove to dominate.

There is no reason James could not win this series if he was a superstar.....so why are you getting so uptight.  You should be sitting back waiting to laugh at me.....cuz Seaoat is dumbz on basketball.

152NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 1:51 pm

Delawhatever is also a much better defender than irving.

153NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 2:01 pm

2seaoat

Delawhatever is also a much better defender than irving.

He is, and the hype around him reminds me of Jeremy Linn.....he can put together some solid head shaking games, and then just does not show up on other games.  He lacks consistency, but I do not think Irving is all that......I actually think he was a liability on defense, so this group is playing good defense, but they just do not have true team chemistry to get to the next level.....and there is always a common denominator......who next year with everybody on board will get nowhere.

154NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 2:13 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Magic won after losing the MVP and one of the greatest basketball players in history in his prime.........poor LeBron has a pretty good team which you deny has any value.....are they overachievers......absolutely.....could they win the championship with Curry.....absolutely.

We already went through this, but I'll try to explain one more time. Magic still had a hall of fame player with him when he won the game six that you mentioned previously.   He also had a hall of fame coach.  Does any of this register to you?  Can you read?  Are you familiar with what I'm referring to when I say "hall of fame"?  

I can't help but conclude that you're simply trolling here.  You're saying "Look!  Magic won! Why can't LeBron!?!?!"  Because Magic only needed to win one game and he was accompanied by a Hall of Famer who put up 37  points and grabbed 10 boards.  He also had a Hall of Fame coach.  For probably the millionth time, LeBron is playing with bench players.  

The Warriors have played 13 players in this series and they're averaging 96 total minutes per player.  The Cavs have played 11 players and they're averaging 113 total minutes per player.  Can you wrap your head around that at all?  Do you have any experience participating in sports in your life?  Are you at all familiar with biology, respiration, and how the body burns energy?   I feel as if I'm having to explain this to you as if you're a child (or, a cognitively challenged adult).  

If Team A is playing 13 players, each of whom have played an entire quarter less than Team B, who is playing 11 players, can you connect any dots there and determine which team has a clear cut advantage with respect to fatigue?  Can you perhaps apply a little common sense and project what a series would look like if that player structure persists over a 5-7 game series?  Hmm.  This is a tough one, but I suspect that Team B would eventually begin to reach exhaustion, at which point we should see a momentum shift and then Team A should probably be in control.  

Hey, isn't that exactly what we're seeing?  Isn't that just about what all NBA analysts are saying?  Hell, isn't that what Kerr flat out said his gameplan was going to be from game 4 on?  You have to be incredibly dense if all of this somehow escapes you.  And this doesn't even address the talent on each roster.  Golden State is completely stacked with elite defenders and players that can at least dribble and knock down jumpers.  The Cavs have several guys who are a liability every time they dribble.

Who would have thought that rotating more players would result in a slower progression of series fatigue?  Who would have thought that team mates are a factor in team sports?  Exactly how dense must one be in order to for these common sense tidbits to be beyond their grasp of comprehension?

2seaoat wrote:The team has advanced in the playoffs.  Magic, Kobe, Larry, and Michael all could take this group and win a ring......

What on earth have you seen that would allow you make a comment like that?  I'm sorry but this is simply an incredibly stupid comment, flat out.  Jordan never saw the second round of the playoffs unless he had HOF talent around him, so we can clearly say that - not only would Jordan not win this series with these players - he wouldn't even reach the finals to begin with!   And you don't have to take my word for that. I have already pointed this out before that Jordan only ever won one playoff game without HOF talent.  One more time, in Jordan's career resume he was only able to win one first-round playoff game (not series, game) without HOF supporting cast.   That is reality.  That is factual.  You clearly have chosen to believe in some alternate reality.  Fair enough.  That is certainly your choice.

One more time for our forum basketball illiterate:  In the absence of Hall of Fame supporting players, the most impressive playoff run that Michael Jordan was ever able to put together throughout his entire career was a 1-3 first round playoff exit.   That's it.  Being that the case, I think it is fairly safe to conclude that Jordan would have been ran out of this series 0-4 in a series of blowouts.

155NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 2:29 pm

2seaoat

So the team of ages argument last year was invalid......the best team ever.....and James could not win, but this year the reason James cannot win is because everybody around him for 12 years are bums, and the top six superstars were surrounded by great players......yes Mr. Markle.....you are making perfect sense.

Again.....why are you sweating this.....all he has to do is win two out of three games....something any of the top six could have done......and that is why he will NEVER crack even Larry Bird.....team of ages to now bums, and you cannot see how absurd your basketball bro love has been.......Why can't you just say what you have been saying for years.....that James will win the rings, and quit making excuses....high school players.....your analogies would embarrass even Mr. Markle.  You could gut me if I am wrong, but instead you want to run away from him not winning.......you seem to be a fair weather fan of Mr. James.....where is the all in......because deep down you know he cannot win another ring.

156NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 2:41 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:So the team of ages argument last year was invalid......the best team ever.....and James could not win, but this year the reason James cannot win is because everybody around him for 12 years are bums, and the top six superstars were surrounded by great players......yes Mr. Markle.....you are making perfect sense.

I never said the Heat were the best team ever. You're simply making shit up at this point. And where are you coming up with "James cannot win"? He's won two rings and has made it to the last five finals.

Do you actually watch the NBA?

2seaoat wrote:Again.....why are you sweating this.....all he has to do is win two out of three games....something any of the top six could have done......and that is why he will NEVER crack even Larry Bird.....team of ages to now bums, and you cannot see how absurd your basketball bro love has been.......Why can't you just say what you have been saying for years.....that James will win the rings, and quit making excuses....high school players.....your analogies would embarrass even Mr. Markle.  You could gut me if I am wrong, but instead you want to run away from him not winning.......you seem to be a fair weather fan of Mr. James.....where is the all in......because deep down you know he cannot win another ring.

So you're not going to directly respond to anything I just said in my previous post?

Perhaps you have in fact learned to run away like Markle.

157NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 2:59 pm

2seaoat

I gave you the rankings of attempts at rings percentages......166 and dropping like a rock......the team of ages........now not the best ever.....hmmmmm, did I make that team of ages phrase up.....because this illiterate baskeball person never saw ANYBODY say something that even came close to that statement talking about a team coming out of an injured and historically weak Eastern division who could not have won a ring except those two years.....weak....weak....weak.

I have NO respect for a player who is a forward who goes to the point and has shot almost 70% of his team's shots in a couple critical games.....that is not a star......that is a person who needs to be coached, and now that he has displayed his ego.....you begin to wonder if he even can be coached and if he is not just out for himself......which by golly some Cavs folks and Heat folks fully understand.  I can see it now.....a commercial which emulates the Heat introduction a few years ago.....but with all these bums....yep thats the ticket.  I failed again because they are bums.......

This is simple.  The top six players do not have .166 championship ring percentages......but there are a great many Anthonys and Iversons gunning their stats and killing the team.....you still cannot grasp the central tenet of the championship series.....the best win.   James is barely top ten all time and the longer he does not get a ring....dive dive dive.

158NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 3:01 pm

2seaoat

I am having way too much fun, but ask me a simple question, and I will give you a simple answer..... Very Happy

159NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 3:07 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

So...again, you're not going to respond to anything I said in my previous post?

Are you now going into Markle-mode where you're going to pretend as if you can't see anything that I'm posting?

160NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 3:10 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:I have NO respect for a player who is a forward who goes to the point and has shot almost 70% of his team's shots in a couple critical games.....that is not a star......that is a person who needs to be coached, and now that he has displayed his ego.....you begin to wonder if he even can be coached and if he is not just out for himself......which by golly some Cavs folks and Heat folks fully understand.  I can see it now.....a commercial which emulates the Heat introduction a few years ago.....but with all these bums....yep thats the ticket.  I failed again because they are bums.......

Actually, I'm done here.  Or, more correctly stated, you're done here.  You haven't directly responded to anything I have posted for some time now and appear to be getting dumber and dumber with each post.

Yes, LeBron is a terrible player that deserves no respect. Thank you, 2seaoat.

I hate to say this, but you're an idiot.  Flat out.

161NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 3:21 pm

2seaoat

I hate to say this, but you're an idiot.  Flat out.

Yes I am.   I think Lebron James coaches himself and promotes himself and his recent announcements of his greatness confirmed what I always knew......he is a hard man to play with on a team, and his teams have not won.  I would not take him as a general manager over Curry.   Would not even consider taking him with his track record of not winning rings.  Now comparing him to other all time greats.....that is just silly.  He can't win.....so I remain an idiot........but even an idiot and a broken clock can be correct a couple times a day.

162NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 4:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Delawhatever is also a much better defender than irving.

According to BOF's comments d-4 syllables is not conditioned to play; apparently he does not train with the team. I thought all players trained with weights, cardiovascular workouts, strengthening, endurance , and scrimmages.

163NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 5:47 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

For those who watch the NBA and actually understand the game and know what they're talking about.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/lebron-james-may-go-down-as-the-greatest-loser-ever/

LeBron James’s Cleveland Cavaliers might be trailing the Golden State Warriors 3-2 in the NBA Finals. The Cavs might, as their Vegas odds suggest, have a mere 12 percent chance of winning the NBA championship. But according to just about every statistical measurement available, the self-proclaimed “best player in the world” is having a series for the ages.

Build a bare-bones performance metric that simply adds a player’s points, rebounds and assists and then divides by the number of games the team played,1 and James’s 2015 finals ranks as the best of the past 30 years.

NBA thread - Page 7 Paine-lebron-history-3rdtry-0615

Get more complex — using, say, a points above replacement (PAR) estimator based on the single-game version of Daniel Myers’s Box Plus/Minus2 — and James ranks sixth among all NBA Finals participants since 1985.3

So at either pole of the complexity spectrum, James has been the top player of these finals. (Neil Greenberg of the Washington Post and ESPN Insider’s Kevin Pelton came to similar conclusions using a few more metrics of varying intricacy.) And from a historical perspective, output of this level usually leads to winning the NBA Finals and the NBA Finals MVP: Every player near James’s combined total of points, rebounds and assists ended up garnering MVP honors.

In a vacuum, then, James’s performance has been so historically strong that it would be a shame for him not to win the award.

But on the other hand, if the Warriors win the series and the MVP goes to James, it will be the first time that a member of the losing team has received the honor since 1969, when Jerry West of the Los Angeles Lakers won in spite of the Boston Celtics’ championship. And, as Pelton notes, the culture of denying MVP honors to a nonchampion has grown in the intervening years, across all sports.

In the NBA alone, nine players since 1985 have been the best player in their series by PAR through five games yet failed to win the MVP after their teams lost. (To a certain extent, this also speaks to what can happen between Games 5 and 7 of a series between closely matched teams.) In 2011, Dwyane Wade — then James’s teammate on the Miami Heat — outplayed Dirk Nowitzki to a greater extent than James has outplayed presumptive Warriors MVP candidate Stephen Curry4 thus far yet still lost the award to the Dallas Mavericks star. So as great as James has been, it might not be enough to justify the award if Cleveland loses the series.

There’s one more angle to think about, though, when it comes to James’s 2015 finals performance. It may be that all our stats and metrics simply break down when forced to consider the unparalleled burden that James has been forced to carry on this undermanned, undertalented Cavaliers squad. James’s 41.1 percent usage rate in this series is the largest of any finalist since 1985, breaking Michael Jordan’s mark of 39.6 percent for the Chicago Bulls against the Phoenix Suns in 1993. James is also logging an incredible 45.6 minutes per game, the eighth-most of any qualified5 finalist since 1985.

NBA thread - Page 7 Paine-lebron-history-new2

As Tom Haberstroh wrote over the weekend, James’s physical workload during these finals has been termed “unfathomable” (among other things) by sports science experts. At the limits of human endurance and on-court influence — through his shooting and passing, James was involved in 70 of Cleveland’s 91 points in Game 5 — there may be no numbers that can do justice to how irreplaceable James has been for the Cavaliers in this series.

They don’t necessarily give out awards for being completely and utterly essential to your team, of course. And, as always, “value” is in the eye of the beholder. But whether the Cavs win or lose, it’s not hard to imagine this series going down as a testament to James’s singular talent, stamina and durability. And if that doesn’t constitute “value,” I’m not sure what does.

164NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 5:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I think you have lost your mind.

165NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 5:56 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:I think you have lost your mind.

If that is the case, then so has the vast majority of professional analysts, statisticians, sports science experts, coaches, GMs, owners, and players. Basically, if I have lost my mind, then so has everyone else in the world except for you, 2seaoat, and a small handful of nutjubs.

166NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 5:59 pm

knothead

knothead

I think it is a very sensible view and hard to argue against it.

167NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 6:36 pm

2seaoat

I think you have lost your mind.

As an idiot......I never had a mind.   Gosh, is he going to lose his foid card?  Should we call the authorities when James loses again tonight?  No....that would be irresponsible......T has told us the police shoot crazy people.  I hope James shoots 70% of the shots tonight, misses critical layups in the fourth quarter, and the rest of the Cavs roster gets out of the clown car in plain sight.....cuz crazy people all over America depend on it.  He might be drinking instead..... drunken

168NBA thread - Page 7 Empty ar 6/16/2015, 6:45 pm

2seaoat

I think it is a very sensible view and hard to argue against it.

So you think he lost his mind too......I thought he was harmless, incapable of harming himself or other innocent citizens.....but what if he watches the game at a sports Bar?  Has he ever revealed that he has a conceal and carry card?  Where is T when you need him.....oh that is right he thinks people who follow sports are crazy to start with.  I think this is a clear case of Jamesnesia.....the condition where people become crazed when James loses again after posting incredibly selfish percentage of shots in a losing cause, and all they can remember are the stats, and not another loss.   Last year I thought he lost his mind with the team of ages, but this year he is going postal.....maybe we can solve two problems.....do you suppose he will watch the game on PB?

169NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 7:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Glad you and Knot agree. Noone knows anything about basketball and the NBA but BOF....sounds a little like LaBron's egotistical attitude.

170NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 7:33 pm

2seaoat

Without James winning....he has lost his sense of essence.....

171NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 7:37 pm

2seaoat

However, he still has his stats.....do you know that 70% of earth is covered by water.......

172NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/16/2015, 7:56 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationality

I thght he would've been trained to use this... but it's obvious an economics degree today is the study of exclusion.

I remember mj running into the pistons year after year. He steadily figured out a winning formula... like champs do.

173NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:00 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

BOF......excuses.

174NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:22 am

2seaoat

Nothing surprising here......the best team won, and they will be very hard to beat next year.......its funny a guy who was a non starter got the MVP by playing next to the best player in the NBA....Steph Curry who simply wins by playing team ball.......nobody on this great team needs to say they are the best player in the world....and sadly some actually believe that a loser can be even considered among the best......so without one player with final experience they easily get by someone who will never win another ring....it was great to see Bill Russell who won 11 tonight.....now that is a man who would have NEVER said he was the best player in the world.....some get it.

175NBA thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 12:26 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Nothing surprising here......the best team won, and they will be very hard to beat next year.......its funny a guy who was a non starter got the MVP by playing next to the best player in the NBA....Steph Curry who simply wins by playing team ball.......nobody on this great team needs to say they are the best player in the world....and sadly some actually believe that a loser can be even considered among the best......so without one player with final experience they easily get by someone who will never win another ring....it was great to see Bill Russell who won 11 tonight.....now that is a man who would have NEVER said he was the best player in the world.....some get it.

I enjoy seeing Bill Russell...

Team ball wins games. Despite the referees GS did it.

LaBron's shooting percentage in the third quater, I believe was just 21%.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum