Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA thread

+2
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1NBA thread Empty NBA thread 5/28/2015, 11:36 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I just finished a long post and it disappears! Ahh!! Accept my apologies. No idea.

2NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/28/2015, 11:44 pm

2seaoat

I was finishing a long response to your thibs post.....and when I posted it disappeared.........anyway Thibs was the talk of local radio for the last year and management was leaking to their insiders in the press all year, and when Noah could not play over so many minutes.......Thibs was done.   Seventh best winning percentage in basketball NBA history, and he will win immediately where ever he ends up..........I  love defense.  I could have watched Thibs coach forever......Reinsdorf is 79 and very loyal to his employees and the general manager felt that thibs was getting too much credit.

3NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/29/2015, 1:13 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Were is our other 13 page NBA thread?

4NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/29/2015, 6:00 am

2seaoat

My computer froze up after I posted and I thought I lost a very long post which I had uploaded concerning thibs......then presto.....everything was gone, and my computer started responding......I figured it was my bad luck.

5NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/29/2015, 11:17 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My computer froze up after I posted and I thought I lost a very long post which I had uploaded concerning thibs......then presto.....everything was gone, and my computer started responding......I figured it was my bad luck.
The thread must have been deleted.....my comments are not in the statisics.

6NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/29/2015, 1:02 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I had just finished posting a long post as well. I refreshed and the entire thread was gone.

7NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/29/2015, 1:03 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

But anyhow, Thibs got the axe. Didn't I predict that would happen way back in the first round? The writing was on the wall when Chicago struggled with Milwaukee.

8NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/29/2015, 6:44 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What about Blatt?

9NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 5/29/2015, 7:02 pm

2seaoat

Actually Chicago talk Radio was telling us that Thibs was done at the end of this year regardless of win or lose as early as last summer.   They were already contacting people last summer about coaching.  When Gundy on the air talked about how great of a coach Thibs was and how he was being disrespected Reinsdorf finally caved in to Pax and Foreman who wanted him gone last summer.  I think they are all nuts.  Thibs will win immediately.  The management however has a lot of people pissed by the way they have disrespected Thibs.  Thibs was a class act thanking Jerry for the opportunity.  I heard today they could have won the championship, and he was still gone....just like what happened to Jackson after winning a championship.  I am a Thibs fan.

10NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/4/2015, 11:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Excited.....but.......Bitter Sweet. I hate the end of basketball season.

11NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/4/2015, 10:44 pm

2seaoat

Good game, but it is clear who the better team is and they have been down most of the game.

12NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/4/2015, 11:50 pm

2seaoat

This series should be over in four.

13NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/4/2015, 11:51 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

It has always been clear who the better team is. GS has the best roster in the NBA as well as the best home court advantage.

It is also clear who the best player is. They had GS dead to rights and should have closed that out in the fourth. That mistake may have cost them now that Irving appears to be injured. LeBron was already being asked to pull off the most impressive feat ever. There is simply no way to get that done now without Irving.

14NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 12:07 am

2seaoat

James played a great game, but I agree that the warriors are a great team and the MVP proved he is the best player in the NBA.  This team could easily three peat with Curry and Thompson.  I am impressed with Green.   Kerr made some good calls on time outs.  The Bulls should have been in this game, but for an injury to Pau, but injuries are part of the NBA, and that is why Thibs is gone and too many players on the Bulls did not get development time during the regular season.

JR Smith was a good acquisition, and had a good first half with those crazy off balance lucky shots.....but his luck ran out the second half, as did any chance of the Cavs catching the Warriors.

15NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 12:39 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Irving was injured the end of the game.....Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't BOF predict with Irving and Lebron GS didn't have a chance?

16NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 4:17 am

2seaoat

Golden state had the best record in the NBA.  It does not matter.  James will fail again as his individual play causes all around him consistently to fail...even handpicked super stars.  When you think of the great players and great teams in the NFL, do you think of Buffalo and Jim Kelly?  Nope.  Curry will have all the attention the next five years because he is the best basketball player I have seen in 10 years.  He truly plays team basketball, great defense, and the best shooter in NBA history......there has never been a player like him......but comparisons to other players.....we will see in twelve years and how many rings he collects.  He has one now..... to no one's surprise.

James needs to be coached.  Thibs would be a perfect fit for the Cavs, but until a coach can help James get out of the way of his failures and put the team development first, he will collect NO more rings......a two ringer like the hundreds who have the same.  Michael Jordan once scored sixty plus points in a playoff game.....but the Bulls did not win until Phil Jackson arrived and convinced Jordan he had to let go a bit and help make the team succeed.

17NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 8:11 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:James played a great game, but I agree that the warriors are a great team and the MVP proved he is the best player in the NBA. 

Hilarious! LeBron basically doesn't shoot for the first two months of the season, takes a two week vacation mid season, returns and then carries his team of injured spare parts - many of whom have never seen the playoffs - to the playoffs. All along the way there he puts up a better statistical season than the "MVP". Next, he coasts to his 5th straight finals while only losing two games and carrying a team of injured spare parts. And all the while, completely obliterating the "MVP" and everyone else statistically, even eclipsing Jordan and others on various all time records lists. Then last night we see him essentially score as many as the "MVP" and the "MVP"'s little sidekick splash brother combined...

And 2seaoat believes that Steph Curry is the best player on the planet. Hahahahahaha.

At this point, I'm going to assume that you're simply trolling. I'm not aware of any professional analyst, coach, player, GM, anyone who says that Curry is the best player on the planet.

LeBron is playing with house money at this point. He's playing with a roster that Jordan couldn't reach the playoffs with, and yet he still nearly carried that team to victory last night.

I suspect that we're going to hear that Irving is done for the season. That means it is now the "Big 1", not 3, against the best shooting team in NBA history who also happens to have the most hostile home court advantage. The remaining roster that LeBron will have left was enough to rout the Bulls and the Hawks, but no one thinks that will be enough to handle the Warriors.

18NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 8:12 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:James will fail again as his individual play causes all around him consistently to fail...

OK. I have no doubt now that you are trolling.

19NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 8:13 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Irving was injured the end of the game.....Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't BOF predict with Irving and Lebron GS didn't have a chance?  

I'll correct you. You're wrong.

20NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 8:50 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Just heard an interesting stat on ESPN radio. The Warriors bench outscored the Cavs bench 34-9. Meanwhile, LeBron basically puts up as many points as the "MVP" and the "MVP"'s sidekick combined.

These "MVP" discussions are cute.

21NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 9:01 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Just heard an interesting stat on ESPN radio.  The Warriors bench outscored the Cavs bench 34-9.  Meanwhile, LeBron basically puts up as many points as the "MVP" and the "MVP"'s sidekick combined.  

These "MVP" discussions are cute.  

MVP is a voted title. Best player on the planet is an opinion.

"There was little edge in shooting (Warriors 44.3 percent, Cavaliers 41.5 percent), rebounding (Warriors 48, Cavaliers 45) or assists (Warriors 24, Cavaliers 19)."

22NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 10:54 am

2seaoat

Yes, I am saying right now I would take Curry over James.  Why would I choose somebody less than the MVP?  James cannot close the deal and all the excuses you made last year and this year will not change the perception of James from the day he stepped on the NBA court.  I know basketball.  James reminds me of the Mailman......Hall of fame....top twenty player, but just could never get the rings.  With Curry, you can build a team, with James, you can deconstruct a team.  He needs to be managed, and his very strengths are his weakness because without a strong coach he destroys the success of a team when they finally get to the elite level.  His rap from day one is he cannot close at the elite level.  If trolling is enjoying you squirming for the second year in a row........well little girls and boys.....scurry over that bridge because curry is the best player in the NBA right now and this troll knows best.

23NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 11:37 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Yes, I am saying right now I would take Curry over James.  Why would I choose somebody less than the MVP?  James cannot close the deal and all the excuses you made last year and this year will not change the perception of James from the day he stepped on the NBA court.  I know basketball.  James reminds me of the Mailman......Hall of fame....top twenty player, but just could never get the rings.  With Curry, you can build a team, with James, you can deconstruct a team.  He needs to be managed, and his very strengths are his weakness because without a strong coach he destroys the success of a team when they finally get to the elite level.  His rap from day one is he cannot close at the elite level.  If trolling is enjoying you squirming for the second year in a row........well little girls and boys.....scurry over that bridge because curry is the best player in the NBA right now and this troll knows best.

Name any player in NBA history that you could place on a team with Mozgov, Thompson, Shumpert, Smith, Dellavadova, Jones, and they could then "close the deal" against this Warriors team?

Name any player in NBA history that would even make it to the finals with Mozgov, Thompson, Shumpert, Smith, Dellavadova, and Jones.  Keep in mind that Irving has been hobbled since Boston and has essentially not been available at all for several games.

This whole "he can't close the deal" line is no different than Markle pointing to the LPR.  It's an irrational argument.  I have already given you all that you need in order to understand what we're talking about here, but alas, "he can't close the deal".  There is simply no rational argument that I can make to someone who thinks irrationally.  If you think that the reason the Cavs will not defeat the Warriors is because LeBron "can't close the deal", well, that sort of places you in the same category of Markle talking about Fed policy, or KarlRove talking about...anything.

With Irving either hobbled or out, it is likely that this series will result in a sweep.  Curry should be able to light it up now for the rest of the series as Irving was the only player really giving him problems on the defensive side of the ball.  The Warriors bench will contribute even more than the 34 points they did last night.  The margins of victory will grow.  And just as Markle posts the LPR every time an employment situation report is released, 2seaoat and Joanni will be here after each game of this series pointing out how LeBron "can't close the deal".

So is the baby-boomer-Jordan-fanboy.

24NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 5:26 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Irving is out for the season. Fractured knee-cap.

25NBA thread Empty Re: NBA thread 6/5/2015, 7:18 pm

2seaoat

You missed my point entirely.   Michael Jordan prior to Jackson's arrival had to score big for them to be competitive, and he had little trust in his teammates.  Jackson worked with Jordan to let go, and trust the team.   Once Jordan bought into this concept the Bulls could not be beat.   James has never evolved to the elite level, and only got his two rings because of how utterly weak the East was and he was able  to advance only twice in a decade because he clearly is coaching himself and his dominance weakens the team.   Without a strong coach, fewer minutes, and more trust in his team..........James will NEVER win another ring.....NEVER.

Injuries are part of basketball, but this was a tough injury season for the Cavs.  However, completely healthy......the Cavs will not even get out of the East next year.  You take pride in James scoring over forty, like when Jordan scored 63 against the Knicks and that was the problem until Jackson COACHED Jordan.  You cannot even recognize the problem, and it is not highlight reels of James making great passes to teammates, rather it is letting those teammates reach their potential without stepping all over them......listen to what Bosh has said about playing with James.....He is the problem, and the solution is a coach who can control him......otherwise he is just the mailman.

I am glad you think getting to the finals is great......winning rings is great and Buffalo losing four super bowls or the vikings losing four super bowls do not have people announcing what great teams those runner ups were.   Sorry, you are blinded.....he will never win another ring.  I think he is a great player, and a good person who has been great for basketball, but he simply cannot coach himself, and at this late date.......I honestly do not know who can coach him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum