Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA thread

+2
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

201NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:31 pm

2seaoat

Actually, I'm seeing it pretty clearly now.

Steph Curry knows his place, and Lebron is uppity.

I get it.

You got it.  Curry subordinates his ego and desire for the individual glory and sacrifices for the team.......Lebron guns away for his individual stats, quits playing defense, and takes the team down with him........I knew you would eventually figure it out.

202NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I thought the whole presentation on TV when he went to the Heat was a horrible mistake, but now I believe it was not a mistake....it was the essence of why the man cannot win.....his ego and ball hogging/gunning nature is out of control....I doubt there is a coach in the league who could control him to build a team that could win at the highest levels of competition...........0.153% and next year it drops to 0.142%......the best player in the world.....totally predictable.

That was a huge turn off for me concerning LaBron. I can't imagine a PR manager doing that....it had to be all LaBron using  Hollywood flair. The sad part....he didn't need to people were following him.

I had really been flummoxed by the aversion many Baby Boomers have for Lebron.

I thought it might just be nostalgia for an earlier era, but your and Joanie's comments certainly cleared that up.

Uppity ....

.... makes perfect sense now!

Thanks for the honesty!

Uppity?

203NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

NBA thread - Page 9 Screen13

204NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 1:51 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I thought the whole presentation on TV when he went to the Heat was a horrible mistake, but now I believe it was not a mistake....it was the essence of why the man cannot win.....his ego and ball hogging/gunning nature is out of control....I doubt there is a coach in the league who could control him to build a team that could win at the highest levels of competition...........0.153% and next year it drops to 0.142%......the best player in the world.....totally predictable.

That was a huge turn off for me concerning LaBron. I can't imagine a PR manager doing that....it had to be all LaBron using  Hollywood flair. The sad part....he didn't need to people were following him.

I thought it might just be nostalgia for an earlier era, but your and Joanie's comments certainly cleared that up.

Uppity ....

Thanks for the honesty!

Uppity?

What?

You need the other term you're accustomed to using with "uppity" for the proper context?

205NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 2:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Uppity ....

Thanks for the honesty!

Uppity?

What?

You need the other term you're accustomed to using with "uppity" for the proper context?

Sure Sal, let me know why you think I'm uppity. LeBron did not need to create all the hype and drama about the possibility of him switching to Miami Heat, in order to create a phenomenal unbeatable team.

206NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 2:06 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:and then allowing a player who probably could not have started on the cavs become the MVP......

Oh, wow. Now we're saying that Iguodala wouldn't start for that Cavs roster.

You, sir, are an abject moron. Seriously. I hate to feed trolls but damn. You're an idiot.

207NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 2:16 pm

2seaoat

Sure Sal, let me know why you think I'm uppity. LeBron did not need to create all the hype and drama about the possibility of him switching to Miami Heat, in order to create a phenomenal unbeatable team.

I think there are people who hate James for being successful.  I do not deny they exist.  However, I think there are people who have low basketball IQ and do not put James into a proper context.  The man gets assists, but he refuses to be used where he gets less control of the basketball.  In math terms whether he is on an 8 team or a 6 team if those teams are multiplied by zero the result is the same.   If not for incredible games by Allen and Wade(two HOF), this man would not even have one ring.   His announcement this week sealed the deal for me....he cannot be coached to maximize any team if he puts his ego before team.

Again if you can predict his behavior before the finals, do you think that is hating or luck.....or is it a reality you choose not to view.

208NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 2:23 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:If not for incredible games by Allen and Wade(two HOF), this man would not even have one ring. 

OK. I'll bite. Which performances are you referring to here, specifically. What years are you talking about?

209NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 2:35 pm

2seaoat

Oh, wow. Now we're saying that Iguodala wouldn't start for that Cavs roster.

You, sir, are an abject moron. Seriously. I hate to feed trolls but damn. You're an idiot.

2014-15 season-
Andre Iguodala
7.8 points per game.

James
Love    14 ppg
Irving  19 ppg
Mozcov 10 ppg
Thompson 9.6 ppg

This is like playing with ants with a magnifying glass.....who does he replace.....notice I did not put the ppg by one player who I think you might be right.....if he replaced James and the man was coached and played team ball which means he is not in control of the ball and is playing forward....yea your argument makes perfect sense.   But answer the question......if I am a moron....who do you replace in the starting line up who could barely get 8 points a game this season until he played against James AWFUL defense and won the MVP in the finals.  I wait for an answer, understanding that I am a mere moron, and you think you have an answer to prove that I am.

210NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 2:54 pm

2seaoat

The average basketball fan is impressed by glitter in stats.  The analytic approach to basketball is showing a trend which makes the three point shot an essential part of championships.  Have you heard one news reader talking about James abysmal defense.  Nope.  Have you heard one news reader talking about his poor shot selection and terrible three point percentage.  Nope.  You have people praising a gunner who plays no defense and consistently loses the ring.  It may not make some glitter folks happy, but the Spurs and the Warriors were good teams because they played defense and they made good shot selections through solid team play.   It is pretty much what has been required over the last fifty years and this central tenet has not changed.

211NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 3:01 pm

The heat were very fortunate to have beaten the spurs the year before that too.

212NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 3:02 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Oh, wow. Now we're saying that Iguodala wouldn't start for that Cavs roster.

2014-15 season-
Andre Iguodala
7.8 points per game.

James
Love    14 ppg
Irving  19 ppg
Mozcov 10 ppg
Thompson 9.6 ppg

This is like playing with ants with a magnifying glass.....who does he replace.....notice I did not put the ppg by one player who I think you might be right.....if he replaced James and the man was coached and played team ball which means he is not in control of the ball and is playing forward....yea your argument makes perfect sense.   But answer the question......if I am a moron....who do you replace in the starting line up who could barely get 8 points a game this season until he played against James AWFUL defense and won the MVP in the finals.  I wait for an answer, understanding that I am a mere moron, and you think you have an answer to prove that I am.

I'm not sure if you noticed this or not but Love and Irving were not available for this finals series. And even if they were, you still didn't get the starting lineup right. Had Igoudala been on the Cavs roster during this finals series, he would have been starting from game one. Had he been on the Cavs roster during the regular season, he still would have started in place of JR Smith.

213NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 3:03 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:If not for incredible games by Allen and Wade(two HOF), this man would not even have one ring. 

OK.  I'll bite.  Which performances are you referring to here, specifically.  What years are you talking about?

So, nothing? You're just making shit up and talking out of your ass again?

I didn't realize another five minutes had passed.

214NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 3:05 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:The heat were very fortunate to have beaten the spurs the year before that too.

The Heat were incredibly fortunate to have LeBron for four years.

They sucked before he got there, they reached the finals and won two rings while he was there, and they suck again now that he is gone.

Meanwhile, the Cavs were great when LeBron was there. They sucked when he left. And they're great again now that he is back.

But, yeah, LeBron is so lucky to have been carried by these two franchises. Cough cough.

215NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 3:18 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44T6FYdLcLc

216NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 3:28 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44T6FYdLcLc

Yes, of course. LeBron puts up a 30 point triple double but all credit goes to Ray Allen who put up 9 points, 1 rebound, and 2 assists. Don't get me wrong, he hit the game tying shot, and there is a reason that that shot was game tying rather than being a garbage time stat-padder.

You're like the guy who says the football team was carried by the full-back who came in after a 99 yard drive and ran for a 1 yard TD in a dog pile.

217NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 3:42 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I call this post "Baby boomer Jordan-fanboys describe similar events in unusually different ways".

"Jordan simply willed his team to victory!!!"

Jordan put up 33/8/7 in that game while Paxson hit the series clencher.

"The only reason the Heat defeated the Spurs in 2013 is because of Ray Allen!!!"

LeBron put up 32/10/11 in that game while Allen hit the game tier.

218NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 4:18 pm

boards of FL wrote:

Yes, of course. LeBron puts up a 30 point triple double but all credit goes to Ray Allen who put up 9 points, 1 rebound, and 2 assists. Don't get me wrong, he hit the game tying shot, and there is a reason that that shot was game tying rather than being a garbage time stat-padder.

You're like the guy who says the football team was carried by the full-back who came in after a 99 yard drive and ran for a 1 yard TD in a dog pile.

If you recall... which I doubt you do... lebron had thrown the ball away at least twice in those last minutes and had an air ball three. They were down to a last second desperation three... the equivalent of being all in on a flush draw. Yes... lucky.

To be fair... duncan should've been in the game for that rebound.

219NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 4:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Yes, of course.  LeBron puts up a 30 point triple double but all credit goes to Ray Allen who put up 9 points, 1 rebound, and 2 assists.  Don't get me wrong, he hit the game tying shot, and there is a reason that that shot was game tying rather than being a garbage time stat-padder.  

If you recall... which I doubt you do... lebron had thrown the ball away at least twice in those last minutes and had an air ball three.
They were down to a last second desperation three... the equivalent of being all in on a flush draw. Yes... lucky.

History repeats itself!

220NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 4:48 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Yes, of course.  LeBron puts up a 30 point triple double but all credit goes to Ray Allen who put up 9 points, 1 rebound, and 2 assists.  Don't get me wrong, he hit the game tying shot, and there is a reason that that shot was game tying rather than being a garbage time stat-padder.  

If you recall... which I doubt you do... lebron had thrown the ball away at least twice in those last minutes and had an air ball three. They were down to a last second desperation three... the equivalent of being all in on a flush draw. Yes... lucky.

Here again, LeBron put up a 30 point triple double in that game.  He scored 16 and shot 70% in the fourth quarter alone.  Yes, he missed some shots.   He also hit a crucial 3 that put them within 3 so that Allen could eventually hit the game tier.

But you're right, LeBron failed to shoot 100% so it therefore must follow that the 9/2/1 guy deserves all of the credit.  If any of LeBron's teammates score at all, we can then conclude that LeBron was carried by his teammates.

Jordan never missed and his teammates never scored!  Ever!  - Baby boomer Jordan fanboys.

Sure, the guy who put up a 30 point triple double nearly cost them the game!  Just imagine how much better off that Heat team would be if they could get rid of that 30 point triple double guy!  I suspect the Heat will return the playoffs each year and will win perennial rings once he leaves town!  Cough cough.

LeBron should have "willed his team to victory" like Jordan did here.  

221NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 7:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

James said. "I don't enjoy dribbling the ball for countless seconds on the shot clock and the team looking at me to make a play. We had 14 assists tonight. I had nine of them. I did not enjoy that. That's not winning basketball."

222NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 7:39 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

James said. "I don't enjoy dribbling the ball for countless seconds on the shot clock and the team looking at me to make a play. We had 14 assists tonight. I had nine of them. I did not enjoy that. That's not winning basketball."

Why does James bring the ball down court most of the time....even when Irving was playing?

223NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 8:19 pm

With the rebounds he got he never seemed to outlet either... the pace was sooo slow. They should've gone big.

224NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 9:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

225NBA thread - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA thread 6/17/2015, 10:54 pm

2seaoat

Sorry, I had to drive the truck to Davenport Iowa and pick up five signs, and my damn air conditioning went out on the truck, and I overheated and had to stop somewhere for three hours to hit the bathroom and cool off....yea....it was Jumers and I won three hundred bucks.

Thank you for showing Allen's contribution and James failing at the end of a game.   As to Wade a hall of famer who won a ring without the burden that Bosh and him carried, both years the Heat would have been eliminated but for his team play and solid defense.

Boards is still crazed.  He thinks we babyboomer think that nobody will crack the top six all time players.  We saw somebody who has the best chance to do the same.  Mr. Curry plays team ball, and not just for collecting assists but for making the offense and defense work.   So this babyboomer says that the Curry is the man to watch and NOBODY quite like him has come before.....I said it early.....I understand the new analytics.....and James is simply a Dinosaur about to go extinct on rings because he cannot be coached and is a failure on defense when it counts, and that elbow pushing people out of the way via the Mailman.....will get him Mailman stats, but NO more rings.   Cleveland was not even first in their weak east division, and they will not be first next year......Lebron James is heading to the bone pile and Mr. Curry and the three point offense is going to dominate the next decade.....sorry boards cannot comprehend this because he certainly has the intelligence.....but emotions cloud intelligence.  Curry and the three point shot will dominate basketball this next decade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum