Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Day, Another Mass Shooting - 27 Dead, Mostly Children

+12
othershoe1030
gulfbeachbandit
Bluebonnet
Nekochan
Yella
Joanimaroni
Slicef18
knothead
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Look brother, I respect your opinion but I do not like the usage of these kids being slaughtered to advance that opinion.

That's all I was saying.

Would your solution to this be to place an SRO in every school building nationwide? I understand what you are saying, but making guns harder to get by law abiding citizens is also not the answer. I hate to borrow a cliche, but it is ever so true, "If guns are outlawed, then outlaws will be the only ones with guns." What we need ti do is get to the bottom of how a mental deranged person can "legally" possess a weapon. According to family and friends this guy definitely has some mental issues.

There are two sides to the coin to advancing an opinion. I also do not like tragedies such as this being used to place further controls on legal gun ownership. With more people killed annually by drunken drivers are we going to ban motorized vehicles or alcohol? Alcohol bans really worked out great during prohibition didn't it?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I don't have the solution....never said I did. But I do know that when a community is flooded and people are drowning, the solution is not to pump more water into the situation.

I'm done discussing this. It makes me feel just as guilty to keep doing so. Those children died because a mentally deranged person took two guns onto a campus and slaughtered them.

The end.

Sal

Sal

In 2008, 2,947 children and teens died from guns in the United States and 2,793 died in 2009 for a total of 5,740—one child or teen every three hours, eight every day, 55 every week for two years.

The 5,740 children and teens killed by guns in 2008 and 2009 would fill more than 229 public school classrooms of 25 students each.

Its also more than the number of U.S. military personnel killed in action in Iraq and Afghanistan (5,013).

The number of preschoolers killed by guns in 2008 (88) and in 2009 (85) was nearly double the number of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty in 2008 (41) and 2009 (48).

Clearly, 300 million guns on the streets are not enough.

Rolling Eyes

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:In 2008, 2,947 children and teens died from guns in the United States and 2,793 died in 2009 for a total of 5,740—one child or teen every three hours, eight every day, 55 every week for two years.

The 5,740 children and teens killed by guns in 2008 and 2009 would fill more than 229 public school classrooms of 25 students each.

Its also more than the number of U.S. military personnel killed in action in Iraq and Afghanistan (5,013).

The number of preschoolers killed by guns in 2008 (88) and in 2009 (85) was nearly double the number of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty in 2008 (41) and 2009 (48).

Clearly, 300 million guns on the streets are not enough.

Rolling Eyes

Yeah no one should keep their guns on the street....Mine are locked up.

Bluebonnet

Teenagers in the house....rules we live by....

1. No cable TV in the house.

2. No guns in the house. Even active duty retiree grandpas have no guns.

3. No hunting or fishing, though son has been taught the basics of weapon handling. Both grandpas adhere to the hunt only on equal terms....no weapons, no clothing...just your good mind out there in the wilderness. Know survival skills.

4. Both grandpas evolved and preach(ed) military action only in defense. This is after 45 years of service between them.

5. No violent video games and still approve what movies they see. Neither has seen an R movie (to my knowledge, lol). There is a difference between children and adults, and what they can handle cognitively and emotionally.

6. History is in the house. Lessons and costs of war...most especially the ones family members have been in and are in part responsible for. War is not celebrated but taught is a necessary evil. (I am not a fan of the war memorabilia on the walls of my dad's house for those who know that thread).

7. Learn all the major religions, philosophy and thought that seeks answers to the big questions. Ascertain your own beliefs an honor others'.

8. Be a vegetarian. We do our best not to kill for nutrition. We respect all life by letting things live.

9. Conflict and anger are natural. Problem-solving and proper anger venting is not and has to be taught...leave the house, table arguments, punch a pillow, go for a long jog, play the guitar.

10. Kids were spanked but only in matters of safety and before ability to reason was developed.

11.If you get into a fight, you must go back and work it out. (Hard for my daughter).

12. Do not hit or hurt anything weaker than you, or that over which you hold dominion. Take pleasure in protecting those who need it.

13. Work hard, play hard.

14. Life is not fair.

15. Be a scout. Eagle if you can.

16. Own a dog and be responsible for it.

I know there are measures of hypocrisy in how I am raising my kids but I am holding my own against peer and societal pressure to trust my gut.

Sal

Sal

W_T_M wrote:

I'm done discussing this. It makes me feel just as guilty to keep doing so. Those children died because a mentally deranged person took two guns onto a campus and slaughtered them.

The end.

Talking about these shootings which are preventable combinations of human evil or madness and easily obtained tools of mass murder is not politicizing this tragedy.

Those who wish to take steps to ensure that the next massacre be prevented--and they are largely preventable--are showing the greatest respect for the lives of the victims.

They're the ones who are trying to make sure that they didn't die in vain, and that similar future massacres don't claim any more innocents.

Call it politics or any other term that seems fitting, but it's long past time we started making sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

It's the right thing to do.

Prayers and sympathy are nice, but they accomplish nothing.

Last edited by Sal on 12/14/2012, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soleil wrote:Teenagers in the house....rules we live by....

3. No hunting or fishing, though son has been taught the basics of weapon handling. Both grandpas adhere to the hunt only on equal terms....no weapons, no clothing...just your good mind out there in the wilderness. Know survival skills.

4. Both grandpas evolved and preach(ed) military action only in defense. This is after 45 years of service between them.

5. No violent video games and still approve what movies they see. Neither has seen an R movie (to my knowledge, lol). There is a difference between children and adults, and what they can handle cognitively and emotionally.

6. History is in the house. Lessons and costs of war...most especially the ones family members have been in and are in part responsible for. War is not celebrated but taught is a necessary evil. (I am not a fan of the war memorabilia on the walls of my dad's house for those who know that thread).

7. Learn all the major religions, philosophy and thought that seeks answers to the big questions. Ascertain your own beliefs an honor others'.

8. Be a vegetarian. We do our best not to kill for nutrition. We respect all life by letting things live.

9. Conflict and anger are natural. Problem-solving and proper anger venting is not and has to be taught...leave the house, table arguments, punch a pillow, go for a long jog, play the guitar.

10. Kids were spanked but only in matters of safety and before ability to reason was developed.

11.If you get into a fight, you must go back and work it out. (Hard for my daughter).

12. Do not hit or hurt anything weaker than you, or that over which you hold dominion. Take pleasure in protecting those who need it.

14. Life is not fair.

I know there are measures of hypocrisy in how I am raising my kids but I am holding my own against peer and societal pressure to trust my gut.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Will you adopt me...?

Thanx for sharing that.

Sal wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

The end.

Talking about these shootings which are preventable combinations of human evil or madness and easily obtained tools of mass murder is not politicizing this tragedy.

Those who wish to take steps to ensure that the next massacre be prevented--and they are entirely preventable--are showing the greatest respect for the lives of the victims.

They're the ones who are trying to make sure that they didn't die in vain, and that similar future massacres don't claim any more innocents.

Call it politics or any other term that seems fitting, but it's long past time we started making sure this sort of thing cannot happen again.

It's the right thing to do.

Prayers and sympathy are nice, but they accomplish nothing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I posted my personal opinion. Your's is fine with me also, I'm just not gonna participate in the dialog any further.

Carry on.

Yella

Yella

14. Life is not fair.

Very impressive, Soleil

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I taught my grandson how to handle a pistol and hit what you aim at...He taught me to shoot a bow. We both have an appreciation for life and he teaches thousands of other kids to respect life and hunt safely.

14. Life is not fair.

Well stated. My goals and rules for my Children were very very close. The only exception is that we are fishermen. My son later on joined the Army(82nd airborne). He knows what I did in the Military but it is a subject we never talk about. Trust your self. If you do not mind I would like to copy your post and pass it on to my people.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thanks for all the negatives thread bear...I have a long way to catch up with your worthless hide.

Anyone that hates guns needs to remember that if it wasn't for them your ancestors would probably have been eaten by bears.. Of course most liberals think the animals are far more important than people. That's what brainwashing does to people. For many years Disney and the rest of the anti-people folks have been pushing the down with people agenda. We have become numb to brutal wars and yet get all weepy when an animal gets killed. So don't have a gun it doesn't bother me at all. I won't show a minutes concern when your house is broken into and robbed. I hope the robbers spare you being raped and killed. I realize you want to sink into a soft concern pity party for todays events and feel all smug in your heartfelt emotions but that is just a huge pile of phoney BS in this otherwise indifferent society.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

What did cain use to kill abel? A rock. Maybe we should have tighter regulations on rocks.
Don't blame the tool for the work of it's master.

Bluebonnet

hallmarkgrad wrote:

Well stated. My goals and rules for my Children were very very close. The only exception is that we are fishermen. My son later on joined the Army(82nd airborne). He knows what I did in the Military but it is a subject we never talk about. Trust your self. If you do not mind I would like to copy your post and pass it on to my people.

Go ahead (grammatical error in "seeks" should be "seek") on #7. Also add play (and lose in) team and individual sports.

The place in which I fail most is that I do not do well by my neighbors. When they start to interview the neighbors of killers, we already know what they are going to say...

WTM, you would not like it here. My kids say I am bossy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Teo's main source of information, Alex Jones, says Obama's crying was fake and that Obama is gonna take away all our guns by Executive Order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1QNTQDnoU&feature=player_embedded#!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Teo's main source of information, Alex Jones, says Obama's crying was fake and that Obama is gonna take away all our guns by Executive Order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1QNTQDnoU&feature=player_embedded#!

Actually Booballa the main source of my info is from all kinds of places but I am partial to Lew Rockwell. If anyone tries to forcefully take away guns it won't be pleasant. If only a million hunters forcefully say no it will be a bad scene. Washington pussies only have so much power unless they bring in the UN. If they bring in the UN it will be TEOTWAWKI. Remember two guys in an old car with a rifle kept Washington frozen in terror for a long time before they were caught.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

More from Alex Jones' website...

Glenn Beck calls for the assassination of the NRA president in aftermath of shooting.

Wolfgang Mozart says "if you belong to the NRA then you shoot have to shoot your kids".

Bitter Ole St Nick says "murder every NRA member"

http://www.prisonplanet.com/gun-grabbers-call-for-murder-of-nra-president-supporters-in-wake-of-mass-shooting.html

Last edited by Bob on 12/14/2012, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:More from Alex Jones' website...

Glenn Beck calls for the assassination of the NRA president in aftermath of shooting.

Wolfgang Mozart says "if you belong to the NRA then you shoot have to shoot your kids".

http://www.prisonplanet.com/gun-grabbers-call-for-murder-of-nra-president-supporters-in-wake-of-mass-shooting.html

Thanks Bob I should watch Alex more often ...I didn't know the libs were calling for murder ...again...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Tune to AM 790 right now. The radio show is just starting.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is a most tragic event forever changing so many lives and taking away some forever. The sorrow and grief is unimaginable. I am so sorry for the families, parents, children and teachers.

There is no doubt that we have plenty of guns in this country but it seems to me what we need in addition to taking a close look at laws regulating fire arms is much more attention to our public mental health system.

Who is their right mind would do something like this? Exactly, no one. Sorry to say we need to invest more time, effort, money and people to identifying and treating people who have mental problems.

Information about today's shooter reveals he had mental issues. Do we know how to treat problems like this? Yes. Do we want to invest in more mental health clinics? Time will tell.

Again, who in their right mind would do something like this?

Another Day, Another Mass Shooting - 27 Dead, Mostly Children - Page 4 L10

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I gave you a plus Othershoe...you made a lot of sense.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

BAN psychotropic drugs Twisted Evil not guns....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I knew he was gonna say it, Teo, and he just did. He said this shooting "was staged". He just couldn't help himself. lol

Sal

Sal

I wouldn't shed a tear if LaPierre was shot in the face.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I knew he was gonna say it, Teo, and he just did. He said this shooting "was staged". He just couldn't help himself. lol

Well I don't know how you could stage it...but why would a kids dad go nuts and shoot his kids fellow students ? Perhaps the CIA has a new drug... Twisted Evil

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 12/14/2012, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob wrote:I knew he was gonna say it, Teo, and he just did. He said this shooting "was staged". He just couldn't help himself. lol

Well I don't know how you could stage it...why would a kids dad go nuts and shoot this kids fellow students ? Perhaps the CIA has a new drug... Twisted Evil

It wasn't a kid's dad, Teo.

It was a teacher's son.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum