Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Day, Another Mass Shooting - 27 Dead, Mostly Children

+12
othershoe1030
gulfbeachbandit
Bluebonnet
Nekochan
Yella
Joanimaroni
Slicef18
knothead
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Sal wrote:
knothead wrote:

I just think there's a time and place for everything . . . . .

I understand your sentiment.

I'm just sick of the NRA crowd claiming it's insensitive to discuss the underlying problems in the aftermath of these incidents.

When a classroom full of kindergarteners gets blown away, it's time to talk about it.

If Teo wants to talk about drones and the militarization of our society, fair enough.

But we're going to talk about guns too, damn it.

It's way overdue.

So lets talk about it. First what do you consider the underlying problem that caused this incident or any incident similar to this one. People want to focus on the tool of destruction not the deranged mindset of the person who used the tool, I think people are the problem. People are broke, our system that deals with these people is broke. People are just batshit crazy, you have to be to commit these atrocities. We need to keep firearms out of the hands of lunatics but how do you do that without violating someones rights?

If we ban every firearm in America, confiscate and destroy every firearm we can do you think that will fix the deranged mind that causes these atrocities. When we had a discussion on illegal immigration people stated that you could not deport 20 million people now think of firearms in the same sense we can not confiscate 270 million firearms. Now if you make them illegal to own period you will have a huge black market for them just like you do with drugs. The war on guns just like the war on drugs will be violent and bloody. There is an estimated 270 million firearms in the US as of 2007, we have the heaviest armed society in the world, to try and remove those firearms would result in a civil war.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

W_T_M wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah I heard it was a students dad that flipped out....I am going to wait till the dust settles to mention gun free zones not working very well.

Hey there was a knife attack in China wounded 22 children...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html

synchonized crazies..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You POS fear mongering gun freak. What you lack in class is made up for in your willingness to make the repugnant posts that are your benchmark.

If only those little kids had been armed, this tragedy could have been avoided, right nutjob...?

I hope and pray that you, or someone you love---if that's even an emotion you are capable of experiencing---get a chance to deal with a gun violence incident.

FYVM

Well as much as I hate responding to a low life, fake christian, joke of a human ..namely you, I will. What did the cops show up with on their hips ?...Guns. It is just a tool. You knee jerk fools think that an inanimate object is at fault when it is the hand holding it that makes the difference. You are too stupid to understand that though because you are not a rational person just a drugged up emotion cesspool . Oh please don't threaten me cause it really scares me...LOL.

Yella

Yella

Sal wrote:No, actually I think Teo's comments are valid and timely.

Our society's military fetish is fair game and worthy of discussion.

To want to include it and then discard out of hand the 300 million privately-owned and readily available fire arms, however, is hypocritical at best.

We have truly become a monstrous society. tonight as you sit around watching television take note of the violence, not only the programs, but also the commercials advertising combat computer games, new car ads depicting great speed on winding roads, commercials for the military. Is it any wonder that we have psychopaths using firearms to kill? My proposal to make the commission of a crime with a firearm be a capital crime with the death sentence carried out as quickly as possible would not stop what happened at the school but it would eventually get through to to the people who revere firearms that they will die if they use them improperly. The only proper way to fire a gun is at a target, a game animal or an intruder that breaks into your home.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yella wrote:
Sal wrote:No, actually I think Teo's comments are valid and timely.

Our society's military fetish is fair game and worthy of discussion.

To want to include it and then discard out of hand the 300 million privately-owned and readily available fire arms, however, is hypocritical at best.

We have truly become a monstrous society. tonight as you sit around watching television take note of the violence, not only the programs, but also the commercials advertising combat computer games, new car ads depicting great speed on winding roads, commercials for the military. Is it any wonder that we have psychopaths using firearms to kill? My proposal to make the commission of a crime with a firearm be a capital crime with the death sentence carried out as quickly as possible would not stop what happened at the school but it would eventually get through to to the people who revere firearms that they will die if they use them improperly. The only proper way to fire a gun is at a target, a game animal or an intruder that breaks into your home.

While you are at it make rape and kidnapping capital crimes...I would sign on to that...

Sal

Sal

Yella wrote:

The Modern Warfare and other POV shooting games are especially troubling.

I have a 13-year-old who has been literally begging for these games for years.

And, the vast majority of his friends have been playing them since they were 7 or 8-year-olds.

After conversations with parents who claimed they were just modern day cowboy and indian type games, we finally relented.

After watching him play it for a few hours, I was horrified.

The violence is as realistic and intense as you can imagine.

The game was confiscated and sold back to the game store.

We are raising a generation of young people who are completely desensitized to gun violence.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if the U.S. military was involved in the design of these games in an effort to produce the next generation of willing cannon fodder.

W_T_M wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah I heard it was a students dad that flipped out....I am going to wait till the dust settles to mention gun free zones not working very well.

synchonized crazies..

You POS fear mongering gun freak. What you lack in class is made up for in your willingness to make the repugnant posts that are your benchmark.

If only those little kids had been armed, this tragedy could have been avoided, right nutjob...?

I hope and pray that you, or someone you love---if that's even an emotion you are capable of experiencing---get a chance to deal with a gun violence incident.

FYVM

Bill, I do not believe that Teo was talking about arming little kids. But if one or more of the adults were permitted to carry a concealed, this tragedy may not have been prevented, but I believe that certainly the body count would not be as high as it was.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

synchonized crazies..

FYVM

Well as much as I hate responding to a low life, fake christian, joke of a human ..namely you, I will. What did the cops show up with on their hips ?...Guns. It is just a tool. You knee jerk fools think that an inanimate object is at fault when it is the hand holding it that makes the difference. You are too stupid to understand that though because you are not a rational person just a drugged up emotion cesspool . Oh please don't threaten me cause it really scares me...LOL.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Fake Christian....? You're a lapsed everything remotely connected w/ Christ.

Threaten you...? Don't flatter yourself piglet.

Low life....? You define it every freaking day. No topic too base for you, no sentiment that should be kept to yourself....no morals or qualms about who you hurt or how your words are internalized.

No wonder no female can put up with you. No wonder you live the life of a hermit.

Good grief. I swore I would never address you again, and just when I think you cannot go any lower, you prove me wrong yet again, mining the misery of others to make a stoopid political point.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

W_T_M wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

synchonized crazies..

FYVM

Low life....? You define it every freaking day. No topic too base for you, no sentiment that should be kept to yourself....no morals or qualms about who you hurt or how your words are internalized.

No wonder no female can put up with you. No wonder you live the life of a hermit.

Good grief. I swore I would never address you again, and just when I think you cannot go any lower, you prove me wrong yet again, mining the misery of others to make a stoopid political point.

You started it punk....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

alecto wrote:
Sal wrote:
knothead wrote:

I just think there's a time and place for everything . . . . .

I understand your sentiment.

I'm just sick of the NRA crowd claiming it's insensitive to discuss the underlying problems in the aftermath of these incidents.

When a classroom full of kindergarteners gets blown away, it's time to talk about it.

If Teo wants to talk about drones and the militarization of our society, fair enough.

But we're going to talk about guns too, damn it.

It's way overdue.

So lets talk about it. First what do you consider the underlying problem that caused this incident or any incident similar to this one. People want to focus on the tool of destruction not the deranged mindset of the person who used the tool, I think people are the problem. People are broke, our system that deals with these people is broke. People are just batshit crazy, you have to be to commit these atrocities. We need to keep firearms out of the hands of lunatics but how do you do that without violating someones rights?

If we ban every firearm in America, confiscate and destroy every firearm we can do you think that will fix the deranged mind that causes these atrocities. When we had a discussion on illegal immigration people stated that you could not deport 20 million people now think of firearms in the same sense we can not confiscate 270 million firearms. Now if you make them illegal to own period you will have a huge black market for them just like you do with drugs. The war on guns just like the war on drugs will be violent and bloody. There is an estimated 270 million firearms in the US as of 2007, we have the heaviest armed society in the world, to try and remove those firearms would result in a civil war.

I agree with your comments. It is not the guns it is the insane shooter. Doesn't matter what laws are in place...he was determined to kill and he started with his mother.

I would hope the school doors are locked and only open from the inside. The GB schools only allow entry from one front door...and all visitors are required to sign in.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

synchonized crazies..

FYVM

Bill, I do not believe that Teo was talking about arming little kids. But if one or more of the adults were permitted to carry a concealed, this tragedy may not have been prevented, but I believe that certainly the body count would not be as high as it was.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Really...? No arming of kids....? Oy.... (insert face/palm here).

As for the rest of your measured post, don't take me there on this one. Any further effort to co-opt that mass killing field and turn it into an excuse to blather about even MORE armed people solving the problem makes me want to puke.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What caliber gun did Cain shoot Abel with ?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Yella wrote:

The Modern Warfare and other POV shooting games are especially troubling.

I have a 13-year-old who has been literally begging for these games for years.

And, the vast majority of his friends have been playing them since they were 7 or 8-year-olds.

After conversations with parents who claimed they were just modern day cowboy and indian type games, we finally relented.

After watching him play it for a few hours, I was horrified.

The violence is as realistic and intense as you can imagine.

The game was confiscated and sold back to the game store.

We are raising a generation of young people who are completely desensitized to gun violence.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if the U.S. military was involved in the design of these games in an effort to produce the next generation of willing cannon fodder.

These games are more harmful to the children who grow up without core values and especially the ones that have no regard for human life. Some how I don't think your child would not fit into that category. Now, I do agree with you the games are way too violent and show no resemblance of our cowboy and Indian games.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 12/14/2012, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

[quote="TEOTWAWKI"][quote="W_T_M"][quote="TEOTWAWKI"][quote="W_T_M"]

You started it punk....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Not even close. Your absolutely insensitive post started this, and you don't have the guts to man up about even that. It's ALWAYS about your insane agenda, no matter what, right Teo...?

Last edited by W_T_M on 12/14/2012, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

W_T_M wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

synchonized crazies..

FYVM

You started it punk....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Not even close. Your absolutely insensitive post started this, and you don't have the guts to man up about even that. It's ALWAYS about your insane agenda, no matter what, right Teo...?

YOU HAVE NO SELF CONTROL YET YOU WANT TO CONTROL OTHERS...kma.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:What caliber gun did Cain shoot Abel with ?

>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Excellent circular logic.

How many of those kids would be dead if that nutjob gun freak had been armed w/ a rock....?

Sal

Sal

I'm sorry, but to suggest that in a country with 300 million privately-owned firearms, the answer to these sort of atrocities is to arm kindergarten teachers, ...

... well that's just fucking bat-shit crazy.

W_T_M wrote:

As for the rest of your measured post, don't take me there on this one. Any further effort to co-opt that mass killing field and turn it into an excuse to blather about even MORE armed people solving the problem makes me want to puke.

Well you can have your opinion and that is fine and dandy, however I have mine also and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will carry it until the day that I die. The more people that are armed the better. Even the courts are starting to decide in favor of gun owners. Just this week a judge in Illinois overturned the no gun law in that state. You may as well get used to it, whether you like it or not is totally irrelevant.

Last edited by Ghost_Rider1 on 12/14/2012, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

These games are more harmful to the children who grow up without core values and especially the ones that have no regard for human life. Some how I don't think your child would not fit into that category. Now, I do agree with you the games are way too violent and show no resemblance of our cowboy and Indian games.

I know kids who are being raised by these games.

They come home from school and play them until bedtime (if they have a bedtime).

Core values or no, these games desensitize kids to gun violence.

And, I'll stick by my contention that it very well may be by design.

Teo said:

YOU HAVE NO SELF CONTROL YET YOU WANT TO CONTROL OTHERS...kma.[/quote]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LOL. Try again loose cannon.

Last edited by W_T_M on 12/14/2012, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:I'm sorry, but to suggest that in a country with 300 million privately-owned firearms, the answer to these sort of atrocities is to arm kindergarten teachers, ...

The school already had a security plan in place where the school was locked up after 9:00 and anyone showing up had to ring the bell and go through the office to get access. The bottom line is anyone that is batshit crazy will find a way around whatever safe guards you put in place. I find it interesting that you think guns in the right hands such as cops are the best answer...LOL.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

W_T_M wrote:

synchonized crazies..

FYVM

Well that is a new low, even for you. You are really losing it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Well you can have your opinion and that is fine and dandy, however I have mine also and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will carry it until the day that I die. The more people that are armed the better. Even the courts are starting to decide in favor of gun owners. Just this week a judge in Illinois overturned the no gun law in that state. You may as well get used to it, whether you like it or not is totally irrelevant.

Spoons don't cause people to be overweight, crack pipes don't cause addiction and guns don't create murderers.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

No he has prayed that the cops would show up at my house and kill me in a hail of bullets before...nothing new with his drug addled brain...he is dangerous though. I HOPE SOMEONE IS WATCHING HIM.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Look brother, I respect your opinion but I do not like the usage of these kids being slaughtered to advance that opinion.

That's all I was saying.

Sal wrote:I'm sorry, but to suggest that in a country with 300 million privately-owned firearms, the answer to these sort of atrocities is to arm kindergarten teachers, ...

Arming teachers is not the answer, fixing people is the answer. Our society is broke, morally bankrupt, and void of the value in a human life. Really I think it can only get worse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum