Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Day, Another Mass Shooting - 27 Dead, Mostly Children

+12
othershoe1030
gulfbeachbandit
Bluebonnet
Nekochan
Yella
Joanimaroni
Slicef18
knothead
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." -- Mister Rogers

Another Day, Another Mass Shooting - 27 Dead, Mostly Children - Page 6 Mr_rog10

Joanimaroni wrote:Of course we are. They can damn well produce the news without interviewing the little ones. Where the hell are the grief counselors... this should not be allowed no matter how much money the networks hope to make.

Another Day, Another Mass Shooting - 27 Dead, Mostly Children - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUoj2Hw3mypFnjkB997zBXn4V9DmEDTQY4qGahxG5KbwW8e-pI

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FovFG3N_RSU

Sad

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:And, why in gawd's name are the networks re-traumatizing these young children by interviewing them on camera about what they saw and heard??

For fuck's sake, are we that voyeuristic and twisted?? ...

... don't answer that.

Anderson Cooper was trying to cover the network's ass....he kept saying all the children they interviewed were done with parental approval...all that proves is there are a bunch of irresponsible idiot parents salivating over their 5 minutes of fame on national TV.

I caught a moment of O'Reilys show and he had an eight year old and her mom talking about the tragedy so it isn't just Anderson Cooper. It is absolutely nauseating to watch the media exploiting these kids just so they have something to fill a broadcast, parental consent or not it is just plain wrong.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:More from Alex Jones' website...

Glenn Beck calls for the assassination of the NRA president in aftermath of shooting.

Wolfgang Mozart says "if you belong to the NRA then you shoot have to shoot your kids".

Bitter Ole St Nick says "murder every NRA member"

http://www.prisonplanet.com/gun-grabbers-call-for-murder-of-nra-president-supporters-in-wake-of-mass-shooting.html

Not true but, if it even appeared, that never prevented Alex Jones from posting lies in the past.

If Glenn Beck made that statement, then please cite a source where he is quoted making the statement by a reliable source and not just "Glenn Beck said"

I'm eager to see your verification.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Glenn Beck calls for the assassination of the NRA president in aftermath of shooting.

Wolfgang Mozart says "if you belong to the NRA then you shoot have to shoot your kids".

http://www.prisonplanet.com/gun-grabbers-call-for-murder-of-nra-president-supporters-in-wake-of-mass-shooting.html

Not true but, if it even appeared, that never prevented Alex Jones from posting lies in the past.

If Glenn Beck made that statement, then please cite a source where he is quoted making the statement by a reliable source and not just "Glenn Beck said"

My source is Michael Mayer reporting on that same page I linked you to. I'm just the messenger.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is the most information we now have about Adam Lanza and those around him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/adam-lanza-is-recalled-as-a-rambunctious-kid-with-family-problems/2012/12/14/795ad0fe-4641-11e2-8e70-e1993528222d_story.html

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

My source is Michael Mayer reporting on that same page I linked you to. I'm just the messenger.

WOW, do I know some folks who would love to show you some vacant land when it's dry for a while. I looked at it, I knew you didn't have a reliable source for such vile. I didn't think you'd have the nerve to post it though.

You call the comments at the end of an article, from anonymous people like yourself here...to be a reliable SOURCE. How desperate are you?

Another Day, Another Mass Shooting - 27 Dead, Mostly Children - Page 6 ShootingComment_zps0500365a

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Sal wrote:Freaky twist??

That fucker went into a classroom of 20 six-year-old kids and systematically shot and killed every single one.

Six-year-olds.

Who could do that?

I can't wrap my head around this one.

It's seriously fucking me up emotionally. [/font]

I understand where you're coming from, Sal. I turned off the TV last night at about 1730 when the network began interviewing the children. That should never have been allowed.

After that, I went to bed way early at 1800 thinking about this, and it was the first thing I thought about when I woke up. I feel emotionally exhausted.

Sometimes all we can do is accept that we will never understand.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of six-year-olds.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of six-year-olds.

Well since The communist form of government required countless millions of dead shedding their blood I guess whatever we have is better... You think I don't feel hate and extreme loathing for the murderer of these innocents ? He deserved the worst fate imaginable. Our system produced this 20 year old but Communism produced MAO, Pol Pot and Stalin. Of course it could be argued we also produced Bush.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

WOW, do I know some folks who would love to show you some vacant land

I'm interested. I keep remembering how I could have bought acres off Hgwy 98 for next to nothing and didn't do it. So where is this vacant land located and how much per acre? Do I have to pay you a finder's fee?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PBulldog2 wrote:
Sal wrote:Freaky twist??

That fucker went into a classroom of 20 six-year-old kids and systematically shot and killed every single one.

Six-year-olds.

Who could do that?

I can't wrap my head around this one.

It's seriously fucking me up emotionally. [/font]

I understand where you're coming from, Sal. I turned off the TV last night at about 1730 when the network began interviewing the children. That should never have been allowed.

After that, I went to bed way early at 1800 thinking about this, and it was the first thing I thought about when I woke up. I feel emotionally exhausted.

Sometimes all we can do is accept that we will never understand.

Agreed, PB.

There is so much out of our control and I'm not sure the availability of mental health counseling would solve this. The true crazies would probably never seek it.

Still, we are all responsible for our own little circle and I can't help but feel that we all could do more by simply being aware of those who seem sad, alone or just don't conform to our own lifestyles.

A simple Hi and smile to the man on the street, the store clerk, the waitress can improve everyone's day, if only for the moment.

I'm sure we can all feel some shame for not always extending ourselves, just a little bit more.

Yella

Yella

The Paranoia Express is now under full steam and hurtling forward into the dark unknown but its there,oh yes, its there and its gonna gitcha!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Ghandi wrote:
alecto wrote:
Sal wrote:I'm sorry, but to suggest that in a country with 300 million privately-owned firearms, the answer to these sort of atrocities is to arm kindergarten teachers, ...

... well that's just fucking bat-shit crazy.

Arming teachers is not the answer, fixing people is the answer. Our society is broke, morally bankrupt, and void of the value in a human life. Really I think it can only get worse.

Exactly right. It all started when parents were no longer allowed to spank or punish threir children.

Yeah, that's right,you idiot. Beat your kids to pulp so they can go out and do it to someone else. What a role model you are.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Yeah, that's right,you idiot. Beat your kids to pulp so they can go out and do it to someone else. What a role model you are.

Come on Dreams, you know good and well that he never said anything about beating a child. He said spank them and there is a huge difference between beating and spanking. All my kids were spanked growing up and they all turned out just fine. All are professionals and none have ever gone out and done it to anyone else. My kids now spank their kids. You may be a professional with children, but in case after case your logic would not hold water

Sal

Sal

That motherfucker used the assault rifle to kills those kids.

Military weapons have no place in civilian life.

Ban them now.

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:That motherfucker used the assault rifle to kills those kids.

Ban them now.

According to the BATF, two of five items are required to make any semi automatic rifle an assault rifle. Care to take a guess....even an uneducated guess will do.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Come on Dreams, you know good and well that he never said anything about beating a child. He said spank them and there is a huge difference between beating and spanking. All my kids were spanked growing up and they all turned out just fine. All are professionals and none have ever gone out and done it to anyone else. My kids now spank their kids. You may be a professional with children, but in case after case your logic would not hold water

What logic would not hold water? I don't believe in hitting children. I think that's a lazy man's way to discipline your children but that's my opinion. I don't have a problem when they're real small w/ hitting their bottoms getting their attention but taking your kid and whacking them around-no. I don't care if you did it, your kids do it or anything like "they turned out just fine."Any kind of hitting is just wrong.It sends the wrong message and say this is how we solve problems. I never did it and my kids don't do it and they're great.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:
According to the BATF, two of five items are required to make any semi automatic rifle an assault rifle. Care to take a guess....even an uneducated guess will do.

I don't give a flying fuck what the BATF calls it.

It's a .223 Bushmaster ASSAULT rifle.

It's not a gun designed for self-defense.

It's not a gun designed for hunting ...

... unless, you're hunting six-year-olds.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

What logic would not hold water? I don't believe in hitting children. I think that's a lazy man's way to discipline your children but that's my opinion. I don't have a problem when they're real small w/ hitting their bottoms getting their attention but taking your kid and whacking them around-no. I don't care if you did it, your kids do it or anything like "they turned out just fine."Any kind of hitting is just wrong.It sends the wrong message and say this is how we solve problems. I never did it and my kids don't do it and they're great.

And look how you turned out! Just kidding. Merry Christmas or xmas or whatever you believe in dreams. BTW, isnt hitting their bottoms when they are "real small" still hitting children. jus sayin

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I have no problem with paddling little ones. As they get older it is not an effective method. With any child you have to first get their attention.

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:

I don't give a flying fuck what the BATF calls it.

It's a .223 Bushmaster ASSAULT rifle.

It's not a gun designed for self-defense.

It's not a gun designed for hunting ...

... unless, you're hunting six-year-olds.

A person could do alot more damage with a streetsweeper loaded with double ought Sal. BTW, a shitload of folks hunt with ARs, you just have to switch the 30 round for a five round mag. jus sayin

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

In your opinion it is wrong and you are certainly entitled to it, but in my opinion it has worked very well for me and my family. Having a kid take a time out does not show them any consequences whatsoever of their inappropriate actions.

no stress

no stress

Morgan Freeman's take on the shooting

Morgan Freeman's statement about these random shootings....

"You want to know why. This may
sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you kn
ow the name of a single victim of Columbine? Distur
bed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem.

Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:That motherfucker used the assault rifle to kills those kids.

Ban them now.

Any firearm with a detachable magazine and at least two of certain other characteristics as an assault weapon.
Telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Grenade launcher
Flash suppressor

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum