Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petraeus Resigns. Cites Extramarital Affair

+8
knothead
Markle
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
nadalfan
boards of FL
Sal
Nekochan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Nekochan wrote:OK...I don't think most screw around. Some, but not most.

Some 65% of married men in this country have had an affair at some time during their marriage. They did a survey.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sally,

Wasn't this man (Petraeus) the same guy who you liberals were calling General BETRAYUS? Hmmmm I think so.....but I am sure you as a liberal have selective memory. Now you want to defend his inability to keep his weiner in his boxers. There is obviously mole in his entourage and I would bet hen was "hitting this" before Benghazi, but now that he is going to testify, well.....Obama can't have that happen huh? He can be recalled believe it or not.

There are just too many lies to cover, huh?[/quote]

And the best way to keep him silent is to fire him?

Excellent theory, Perry Mason.

ROTFLMO!!!!!
[/quote]

Fired? Goodness, I thought he resigned.
Thankfully we have you to set the record straight.

He was involved with his biographer during her work on the book between July 2010 - July 2011...why did he abruptly resign?

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sally,

Wasn't this man (Petraeus) the same guy who you liberals were calling General BETRAYUS? Hmmmm I think so.....but I am sure you as a liberal have selective memory. Now you want to defend his inability to keep his weiner in his boxers. There is obviously mole in his entourage and I would bet hen was "hitting this" before Benghazi, but now that he is going to testify, well.....Obama can't have that happen huh? He can be recalled believe it or not.

There are just too many lies to cover, huh?

And the best way to keep him silent is to fire him?

Excellent theory, Perry Mason.

ROTFLMO!!!!!
[/quote]

Fired? Goodness, I thought he resigned.
Thankfully we have you to set the record straight.

He was involved with his biographer during her work on the book between July 2010 - July 2011...why did he abruptly resign?

[/quote]

oh you know. they just want to lie like they always do and try and cover it up. its very obvious its about benghazi.

btw

just because someone retires, how does that mean they dont have to testify, what law is that? that aint right.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:

Some 65% of married men in this country have had an affair at some time during their marriage. They did a survey.

Which would also mean 65% of married women have as well.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't believe that survey. I think it's closer to 25-30%.

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/petraeus-resigns-cia-affair/2012/11/09/id/463573

Ronald Kessler reporting from Washington, D.C. — The resignation of David H. Petraeus as CIA director followed an FBI investigation of many months, raising the question of why he was not forced out until after the election.

In his letter of resignation, Petraeus cited an extra-marital affair he had been having. “After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair,” Petraeus said in his letter to President Obama. “Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours.”

Petraeus, who had a distinguished military career, revealed no additional details. However, an FBI source says the investigation began when American intelligence mistook an email Petraeus had sent to his girlfriend as a reference to corruption. Petraeus was commander of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan from July 4, 2010 until July 18, 2011.

The investigation began last spring, but the FBI then pored over his emails when he was stationed in Afghanistan.

The woman who was having an affair with Petraeus is a journalist who had been writing about him.

Given his top secret clearance and the fact that Petraeus is married, the FBI continued to investigate and intercept Petraeus’ email exchanges with the woman. The emails include sexually explicit references to such items as sex under a desk.

Such a relationship is a breach of top secret security requirements and could have compromised Petraeus.

At some point after Petraeus was sworn in as CIA director on Sept. 6, 2011, the woman broke up with him. However, Petraeus continued to pursue her, sending her thousands of emails over the last several months, raising even more questions about his judgment.

Neither Petraeus nor the CIA’s Office of Public Affairs had any immediate comment.

FBI agents on the case expected that Petraeus would be asked to resign immediately rather than risk the possibility that he could be blackmailed to give intelligence secrets to foreign intelligence agencies or criminals. In addition, his pursuit of the woman could have distracted him as the CIA was giving Congress reports on the attack on the Benghazi consulate on Sept. 11.

The CIA ‘s reporting to Congress included a claim that protests over a YouTube video played a role in the attacks, thus allowing Obama to initially discount the possibility that the U.S. had suffered another terrorist attack just before the election.

In contrast, based on real time video and reports, the State Department was reporting that the attack that led to the deaths of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, was terrorist-related. The State Department reported that there were no protests at the consulate.

Still, the White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department, held off on asking for Petraeus’ resignation until after the election. His resignation occurred three days after the election, avoiding the possibility that Obama’s ill-fated appointment of Petraeus could become an issue in the election.

FBI agents on the case were aware that such a decision had been made to hold off on forcing him out until after the election and were outraged.

“The decision was made to delay the resignation apparently to avoid potential embarrassment to the president before the election,” an FBI source says. “To leave him in such a sensitive position where he was vulnerable to potential blackmail for months compromised our security and is inexcusable.”

Michael Kortan, the FBI’s assistant director for public affairs, said he had no comment.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/petraeus-resigns-cia-affair/2012/11/09/id/463573#ixzz2BpYOnXDY
Follow us: @newsmax_media on Twitter | newsmax on Facebook
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Only of the women they cheated with were married which is very doubtful.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't believe that survey. I think it's closer to 25-30%.

I don't believe that it's that low. I've never known in my entire life any man w/ an exception a just a few who have never cheated on their spouse or in a relationship. That includes all my friends and relatives,coworkers and acquaintances.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Wow. That is not my experience with people I know. Of course, not everyone shares with others that they've cheated or their spouse has cheated. But among my close friends, most couples I know are long term happily married, with the exception of a few.

Nekochan wrote:Wow. That is not my experience with people I know. Of course, not everyone shares with others that they've cheated or their spouse has cheated. But among my close friends, most couples I know are long term happily married, with the exception of a few.

You never really know what goes on in a marriage. I doubt very few are happily married.They just accept it as their lot in life for many reasons.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Wow. That is not my experience with people I know. Of course, not everyone shares with others that they've cheated or their spouse has cheated. But among my close friends, most couples I know are long term happily married, with the exception of a few.

You never really know what goes on in a marriage. I doubt very few are happily married.They just accept it as their lot in life for many reasons.

That's just so very sad. Crying or Very sad

alecto wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I have to wonder if this was his first affair.

I think men are plenty capable of saying "no" if they want to.

This far into his career it was a civilian snitch in the CIA or one of his CIA staff trying something to move upwards. Military men would not disclose their commander's indiscretions.

You obviously do not work closely with the military anymore, they will drop a dime on a senior individual in a nano second especially if it is an officer.

My office is side by side with the commander's.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Then show us the mythical "survey", they had to do it for both sexes...if there was one.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Right...married women NEVER EVER CHEAT. It is only the husband.

The reason more marriages are not happy marriages is that no one teaches that you have to WORK at a marriage and be willing to forgive. I did not say forget, but put whatever the problem is behind.

What makes things far, far harder and worst for couples today than in my youth and before is that now the GOVERNMENT and a good part of society strongly DISCOURAGE marriage.

The one main factor between children living in poverty or not living in poverty, besides money of course, it MARRIAGE. The vast majority of children living below the poverty line come from single parent homes.

ObamaCare further encourages living in sin rather than marriage through economic incentives.

Pathetic world we live in and getting worse.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

No, it wouldn't. People can have affairs with SINGLE people.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
salinsky wrote:What's interesting about the timing?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/11/09/CIA-Director-Petraeus-Resigns

The timing is funny because next week he was going to testify to Congress about Benghazi and the Predator drone incident. Now he won't. Holder is gone soon too along with the Sec of the Treasury (Geithner). Hillary is on her way out as well. Cleaning house is what it looks like because there seems to be a lot of high crimes and treasonous acts that have come out of the admin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."this administration"...blah, blah, blah...what about the last one?

FACTS are hard things to ignore.

Sincerely,

Ronald Wilson Reagan

So said the former president who narrowly missed going down in flames because of Iran/Contra. Does Ollie North ring a bell?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Right...married women NEVER EVER CHEAT. It is only the husband.

The reason more marriages are not happy marriages is that no one teaches that you have to WORK at a marriage and be willing to forgive. I did not say forget, but put whatever the problem is behind.

What makes things far, far harder and worst for couples today than in my youth and before is that now the GOVERNMENT and a good part of society strongly DISCOURAGE marriage.

The one main factor between children living in poverty or not living in poverty, besides money of course, it MARRIAGE. The vast majority of children living below the poverty line come from single parent homes.

ObamaCare further encourages living in sin rather than marriage through economic incentives.

Pathetic world we live in and getting worse.

Are you married?

Sal

Sal

I just wish someone would explain how Petraeus' resignation is helping Obama coverup Benghazi.

I can't quite wrap my head around that one.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

salinsky wrote:I just wish someone would explain how Petraeus' resignation is helping Obama coverup Benghazi.

I can't quite wrap my head around that one.

Well, Sal...that could be because there's no correlation. Patraeus will have to testify. But I heard Lindsay Graham this morning on Face the Nation still trying to make the "Benghazi debacle" work against the President. That and Ben Stein making the very obvious point that the GOP has to appeal to women and minorities in order to win an election; however, that doesn't mean there was a mandate for Obama. (Of course not!)

As for Patraeus, it appears that his mistress outed him by writing threatening e-mails to another woman and scaring the crap out of her...shades of Glenn Close!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-probe-of-petraeus-triggered-by-e-mail-threats-from-biographer-officials-say/2012/11/10/d2fc52de-2b68-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html?hpid=z1

knothead

knothead

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I wouldn't start to know why he had an affair. If it started in Afghanistan, then his wife wasn't there. Military life is tough for couples. It involves many months spending time apart. I don't know anything about the dynamics of his relationship with his wife. But I do know that men with beautiful wives have affairs. What about the woman he had the affair with? I wonder what her husband looks like? Would that also be a reason for her to have an affair?

I hate to give any man or woman an excuse for having an affair. I think that there are always issues involved other than their spouse's looks. I also think there may be something to that "cheating gene" theory.

Most usually when you look like his wife does, it is just a physical attraction. The other woman is very attractive. I'm not saying he doesn't love his wife in some way but woman are attracted to power no matter what the man looks like and men w/ unattractive wives are good prey. It's just the nature of the beast. Men are weak.

Laughing

Nekochan

Nekochan

Men can keep their pants zipped.....and it looks like there was another woman involved. It wouldn't surprise me if Patraeus has been carrying on like this for years. He's 60 and has had a long and distinguished career. But 25+ years ago, there was a culture in the military that "boys will be boys" and "men will be men". Today, that is no longer the case.

But what I've read today is interesting. First, I wondered how he could have been so stupid to use government email, government phone, government computers to carry on with his mistress. But now it's being reported that the FBI was investigating Patraeus' personal emails. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Oh, regarding Dreams' comments...I do believe that there might be a higher level of infidelity for military couples. The long separations combined with the opportunity to cheat probably makes it easier and more tempting.

2seaoat

I am sixty and have been asked out to lunch, dinner, and one time blatanly asked to stop at a motel.......but I have never cheated on my wife, not because I could not be tempted by sex......I simply could not be tempted by the idea of cheating and lying. I am not saying I am a chick magnet, but I never wore a wedding ring, and it often got me into very difficult situations which were embarassing. If I felt strongly about another woman, I would have gone to my wife and talked about my attraction. The idea of lying, is not different to me than cheating my customers, or walking into a store and taking something......the rationalization for the behavior could never justify the adventure.

I kept my vows not out of some great sacrifice to get laid regularly by younger women, rather by a belief that my actions would have simply been dishonest. If I needed something, I would have communicated the same to my life partner, and if she said go for it.....I would probably have been a dog.....but we are simply happy, and in the end it is not that complicated to understand that happiness is between the ears.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, that's the thing...if you love your spouse and you take your wedding vows and commitment to your spouse seriously, you will try to work things out instead of crawling into someone else's bed (or under the desk). The trust...I don't know how you could ever earn that back if you cheat on your spouse. I don't know how you could trust again if your spouse cheated. But I think it's possible because I know one couple who did go through the husband having an affair and after that they worked on their marriage--lots of counseling about 'why' the husband cheated (it had nothing to do with how the wife looked or how the other woman looked)--- and they came out of it with a stronger marriage. They are very happy now and I do not believe he's cheated on her since. But I do not think that's the case for the majority of couples.

I think it would be dishonest to say married people aren't attracted to others no matter how much you love your spouse.It takes a lot of character not to cheat in certain situations. Men are very visual beings and are attracted as well as women to more attractive people.People think they have solid marriages until it happens to them. Most men given an opportunity to have sex w/ someone they are attracted to and knowing they won't be found out...will do it. You can sit there all day and spout all the moral reasons you want why they won't but I believe you would be wrong.History has shown this.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I have to wonder if this was his first affair.

I think men are plenty capable of saying "no" if they want to.

Of course their capable but they rarely do.

Their? Really? Are you that stupid?
Get a clue, call a friend, ask the audience.......Or google it.
They're not their. Dumbass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum