Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petraeus Resigns. Cites Extramarital Affair

+8
knothead
Markle
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
nadalfan
boards of FL
Sal
Nekochan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:Relax everybody... I'm pretty sure we can blame this on Bush.

Cool

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Have you seen Pertraeus' wife? She looks like his mother. What a frump!
And this is an excuse?
He isn't exactly Mr. Beautiful, himself.

No, he doesn't look like her father either. I mean come on-she doesn't even try. No makeup-grey hair-outdated clothes-overweight. I don't agree w/ affairs but you can see why he had that affair.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I wouldn't start to know why he had an affair. If it started in Afghanistan, then his wife wasn't there. Military life is tough for couples. It involves many months spending time apart. I don't know anything about the dynamics of his relationship with his wife. But I do know that men with beautiful wives have affairs. What about the woman he had the affair with? I wonder what her husband looks like? Would that also be a reason for her to have an affair?

I hate to give any man or woman an excuse for having an affair. I think that there are always issues involved other than their spouse's looks. I also think there may be something to that "cheating gene" theory.

Nekochan wrote:I wouldn't start to know why he had an affair. If it started in Afghanistan, then his wife wasn't there. Military life is tough for couples. It involves many months spending time apart. I don't know anything about the dynamics of his relationship with his wife. But I do know that men with beautiful wives have affairs. What about the woman he had the affair with? I wonder what her husband looks like? Would that also be a reason for her to have an affair?

I hate to give any man or woman an excuse for having an affair. I think that there are always issues involved other than their spouse's looks. I also think there may be something to that "cheating gene" theory.

Most usually when you look like his wife does, it is just a physical attraction. The other woman is very attractive. I'm not saying he doesn't love his wife in some way but woman are attracted to power no matter what the man looks like and men w/ unattractive wives are good prey. It's just the nature of the beast. Men are weak.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh Dreams....you give men way, way too big of a pass.

Nekochan wrote:Oh Dreams....you give men way, way too big of a pass.

I'm not saying it's right but you could see the writing on the wall w/ this. That's just the way men are.Very few can resist an attractive woman especially if you have Fannie Frump at home. Then again men have very attractive wives at home and still cheat. There are women out there that don't care if you're married and throw themselves at men in power. She won't divorce him.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Relax everybody... I'm pretty sure we can blame this on Bush.
Dammit, I bet it was Bush that tipped off the FBI. How convenient the FBI just found out about an affair that occurred a year and half ago. WTF...

why do you have to resign as a general if you have an afair? I think not.

hes just doin obummer a fav

Petraeus is already retired. He was head of the CIA. Jeezus!

Wildgirlfromthewoods wrote:why do you have to resign as a general if you have an afair? I think not.

hes just doin obummer a fav

Wow, you are clueless and I have never said that about you on any post. Ever heard of the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice)? There is an article that covers adultery in those statutes. Officers are burned routinely for this "inability to keep their fly's zipped." For a General Officer of his stature, to have this happen, he really stepped on his dick literally. One of his entourage snitched obviously. They are the ones who know his routine, his schedule and the people he spends his time with 24/7/365. Combine his status as Director of the CIA and his dalliances, it makes him prime blackmail material for anyone who knows what has happened. You can only begin to imagine what the KGB or others might do with this info.

That being said....since he WAS supposed to testify, how convenient that he is bolting the week of this hearing. However, he can be recalled by Congress as needed. Civilians testify before Congress all the time....ask some former MLB players who used steroids.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 11/9/2012, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dreamsglore wrote:Petraeus is already retired. He was head of the CIA. Jeezus!

Not quite....

Dreamsglore wrote:

Most usually when you look like his wife does, it is just a physical attraction. The other woman is very attractive. I'm not saying he doesn't love his wife in some way but woman are attracted to power no matter what the man looks like and men w/ unattractive wives are good prey. It's just the nature of the beast. Men are weak.

Bullshit sexist statement. Nice going liberal.

salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Crazy? There is nothing crazy about questioning the timing of such revelations. From revelations about Bill Clinton's affairs, George Bush's DUI arrest days before the election, to Herman Cain's long time "girlfriend" --there is nothing crazy about questioning the timing of this kind of revelation.

Don't worry, Neko.

Pacedog's got your back.

He'll have ten threads up about this in no time flat.

He can ratchet up the crazy like all get out.

Sally,

Wasn't this man (Petraeus) the same guy who you liberals were calling General BETRAYUS? Hmmmm I think so.....but I am sure you as a liberal have selective memory. Now you want to defend his inability to keep his weiner in his boxers. There is obviously mole in his entourage and I would bet he was "hitting this" before Benghazi, but now that he is going to testify, well.....Obama can't have that happen huh? He can be recalled believe it or not.

There are just too many lies to cover, huh?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
salinsky wrote:What's interesting about the timing?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/11/09/CIA-Director-Petraeus-Resigns

The timing is funny because next week he was going to testify to Congress about Benghazi and the Predator drone incident. Now he won't. Holder is gone soon too along with the Sec of the Treasury (Geithner). Hillary is on her way out as well. Cleaning house is what it looks like because there seems to be a lot of high crimes and treasonous acts that have come out of the admin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."this administration"...blah, blah, blah...what about the last one?

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
salinsky wrote:What's interesting about the timing?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/11/09/CIA-Director-Petraeus-Resigns

The timing is funny because next week he was going to testify to Congress about Benghazi and the Predator drone incident. Now he won't. Holder is gone soon too along with the Sec of the Treasury (Geithner). Hillary is on her way out as well. Cleaning house is what it looks like because there seems to be a lot of high crimes and treasonous acts that have come out of the admin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."this administration"...blah, blah, blah...what about the last one?

FACTS are hard things to ignore.

Sincerely,

Ronald Wilson Reagan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Petraeus is already retired. He was head of the CIA. Jeezus!

Not quite....

He is retired and you're calling someone else clueless?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I have to wonder if this was his first affair.

I think men are plenty capable of saying "no" if they want to.

Nekochan wrote:I have to wonder if this was his first affair.

Of course their capable but they rarely do.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't believe that to be true. Some screw around, but not all.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I don't believe that to be true. Some screw around, but not all.

I didn't say all. I said most.

Nekochan

Nekochan

OK...I don't think most screw around. Some, but not most.

47Petraeus Resigns.  Cites Extramarital Affair  - Page 2 Empty e 11/10/2012, 12:06 am

This far into his career it was a civilian snitch in the CIA or one of his CIA staff trying something to move upwards. Military men would not disclose their commander's indiscretions.

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's why I'm wondering if he did it before and got away with it.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Crazy? There is nothing crazy about questioning the timing of such revelations. From revelations about Bill Clinton's affairs, George Bush's DUI arrest days before the election, to Herman Cain's long time "girlfriend" --there is nothing crazy about questioning the timing of this kind of revelation.

Don't worry, Neko.

Pacedog's got your back.

He'll have ten threads up about this in no time flat.

He can ratchet up the crazy like all get out.

Sally,

Wasn't this man (Petraeus) the same guy who you liberals were calling General BETRAYUS? Hmmmm I think so.....but I am sure you as a liberal have selective memory. Now you want to defend his inability to keep his weiner in his boxers. There is obviously mole in his entourage and I would bet hen was "hitting this" before Benghazi, but now that he is going to testify, well.....Obama can't have that happen huh? He can be recalled believe it or not.

There are just too many lies to cover, huh?

And the best way to keep him silent is to fire him?

Excellent theory, Perry Mason.

ROTFLMO!!!!!

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

This far into his career it was a civilian snitch in the CIA or one of his CIA staff trying something to move upwards. Military men would not disclose their commander's indiscretions.

You obviously do not work closely with the military anymore, they will drop a dime on a senior individual in a nano second especially if it is an officer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum