Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama group misleadingly cites a vote on a climate change bill

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

And gets 4 Pinocchios

BHOs new campaign dollar funded political group "Organizing for Action" didn't fall far from its spawning BHO campaign organization tree as it continues to misrepresent facts and generally spread lies to meet an uncertain agenda.

"President Obama’s new political group, Organizing for Action, last week released a new video that mocks Republican lawmakers for appearing to play down or dismiss concerns about climate change. Some of the clips are fairly interesting — or amusing, depending on your perspective. It has already been viewed more than 225,000 times on You Tube.
We’ve written before about the growing consensus among climate researchers that climate change is the result of human activity; there’s little debate about that among scientists, though surveys show increasing skepticism among the American public. But we were intrigued by the video’s claim that 240 House lawmakers had declared climate change to be a “hoax.”
Officials at OFA did not respond to repeated queries about the video, but our colleagues at FactCheck.Org report that the “240” number refers to a vote on an amendment offered by House Democrats, which failed 184 to 240, to a Republican-crafted bill on regulating greenhouse gases. So let’s dig into what actually happened."

Story link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obama-group-misleadingly-cites-a-vote-on-a-climate-change-bill/2013/05/01/4e4e5548-b2ac-11e2-bbf2-a6f9e9d79e19_blog.html?hpid=z3

nochain wrote:And gets 4 Pinocchios

BHOs new campaign dollar funded political group "Organizing for Action" didn't fall far from its spawning BHO campaign organization tree as it continues to misrepresent facts and generally spread lies to meet an uncertain agenda.

"President Obama’s new political group, Organizing for Action, last week released a new video that mocks Republican lawmakers for appearing to play down or dismiss concerns about climate change. Some of the clips are fairly interesting — or amusing, depending on your perspective. It has already been viewed more than 225,000 times on You Tube.
We’ve written before about the growing consensus among climate researchers that climate change is the result of human activity; there’s little debate about that among scientists, though surveys show increasing skepticism among the American public. But we were intrigued by the video’s claim that 240 House lawmakers had declared climate change to be a “hoax.”
Officials at OFA did not respond to repeated queries about the video, but our colleagues at FactCheck.Org report that the “240” number refers to a vote on an amendment offered by House Democrats, which failed 184 to 240, to a Republican-crafted bill on regulating greenhouse gases. So let’s dig into what actually happened."

Story link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obama-group-misleadingly-cites-a-vote-on-a-climate-change-bill/2013/05/01/4e4e5548-b2ac-11e2-bbf2-a6f9e9d79e19_blog.html?hpid=z3

So the cowh was playing fast and furious with the facts?....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

How's things over at the Straw Graspers Union HQ...?

Carry on.

Sal

Sal

So, I take it that you would agree with the premise of the ad that climate change is real and is the result of human activity, and anyone who believes otherwise is a moron?

Sal wrote:So, I take it that you would agree with the premise of the ad that climate change is real and is the result of human activity, and anyone who believes otherwise is a moron?

I realize you never take a stance on anything but I will tell you my OPINION: Of course climate change is occurring, of course all of the pollutants mankind has dumped into the atmosphere and on land has to have an effect. And then there is old Mother Nature. I imagine some of the events occurring lately are due to some natural cycle but I am not a climatologist.

That said - what is YOUR position?

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:

I realize you never take a stance on anything but I will tell you my OPINION: Of course climate change is occurring, of course all of the pollutants mankind has dumped into the atmosphere and on land has to have an effect. And then there is old Mother Nature. I imagine some of the events occurring lately are due to some natural cycle but I am not a climatologist.

My position is that there is a scientific consensus that climate change is real and man is contributing to it, ...

... and when there's a scientific consensus, I will go with that consensus 100% of the time, ...

... and those who disagree with that consensus, or deny that such a consensus exists, are anti-science morons.

On which of my other stances do you need clarification?

Sal wrote:
nochain wrote:

My position is that there is a scientific consensus that climate change is real and man is contributing to it, ...

... and when there's a scientific consensus, I will go with that consensus 100% of the time, ...

... and those who disagree with that consensus, or deny that such a consensus exists, are anti-science morons.

How do you feel about Red China...?

I think it's OK with a crisp white tablecloth.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boyd Crowder wrote:
Sal wrote:
nochain wrote:

How do you feel about Red China...?

I think it's OK with a crisp white tablecloth.

Good points. As we in the U.S move to natural-gas fired powerplants and renewable energy schemes, the Chinese and Indians are massively building more coal-fired powerplants. U.S. coal production is at an all-time high, with much of it being shipped to China at inflated prices. The smog in Beijing shows how concerned the Chinese government is about CO2 emissions.

Obama group misleadingly cites a vote on a climate change bill _65253310_zmiv221o

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:So, I take it that you would agree with the premise of the ad that climate change is real and is the result of human activity, and anyone who believes otherwise is a moron?
Obama group misleadingly cites a vote on a climate change bill Laugh-mousehaha-ing-animated11

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
nochain wrote:

You're about three or four years behind the point where the Global Warming scam was exposed. The reason is simple, if a researcher says there is no Global Warming...NO MONEY. If they say yes, there is Global Warming BUT we need MORE STUDY which means...WRITE ANOTHER CHECK FOR A COUPLE MILLION and we can solve this phony problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum