Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 20]

101Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 2:04 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:She claimed to have been in the second integrated/bussed class... but California was integrating in 1963 and she wasn't born until 1964.

This is parroting a debunked Gateway Pundit article.

Way to go, Tucker.

Rolling Eyes

It's funny how similar the truth sounds to the truth.  Rolling Eyes

NOT A WORD OF TRUTH IN IT.   ADMIT IT FOR A FRIGGIN' CHANGE!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/politics/fact-check-kamala-harris-busing-in-berkeley/index.html

California-based radio host Larry Elder and others, citing a post on the conspiracy-minded conservative website Gateway Pundit, accused her of lying about her school's integration history.
She was not lying. In fact, the school district confirmed her claim to CNN.

Facts First: Harris was indeed part of the second integrated class at Berkeley's Thousand Oaks Elementary School: she entered school in 1969, and the plan to desegregate the school was implemented in 1968.
"Thousand Oaks Elementary, along with all Berkeley public elementary schools, were integrated through a two-way busing plan, beginning in 1968, so Senator Harris is correct in describing her experience in 1969 as the second year of the busing integration program," Natasha Beery, director of community relations for the Berkeley Unified School District, said in an email on Friday.

Stand up and be a man, Pkr.   ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG.

Pardon me... she must've gone to one of those "privileged" elementaries.

102Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 2:23 pm

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Stand up and be a man, Pkr.   ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG.

Oh, please.

Oh please WHAT, Sir Perfect?

103Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 2:28 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
Pardon me... she must've gone to one of those "privileged"  elementaries.

Just what I thought.  Incapable of EVER, EVER admitting to having been flat out wrong.  Exactly like Trump, Pkr's secret (always denied) hero.

104Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 3:30 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Just what I thought.  Incapable of EVER, EVER admitting to having been flat out wrong.  Exactly like Trump, Pkr's secret (always denied) hero.

What did you expect? There's a reason why his two exes, the fiery Cajun and the Puerto Rican dumped his sorry drug abusing ass. It's amazing his daughter doesn't shove the pillow down his throat and put and end to his countless lies. Twisted Evil

105Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 4:16 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

beg someone's pardon

phrase of pardon

express polite apology.

"I beg your pardon for intruding"

106Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 4:27 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Head_u18
"

107Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 5:01 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

beg someone's pardon

phrase of pardon

express polite apology.

"I beg your pardon for intruding"

This is no better than the useless confession, "I'm sorry for anything I may've said or done that offended you."   In other words, it's no apology at all  -- in the same way that your pseudo-apology is not an admission that you were wrong, which after all, is what was requested: not an apology, just a simple admission that you were, for once in your life on this discussion board - MISTAKEN - i.e., HUMAN, not a mechanized what-about-ism robot.

108Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 5:33 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm a Texan and that's an apology. Otherwise it would've been as you describe "pardon me if you don't get it".

109Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 5:48 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:I'm a Texan and that's an apology. Otherwise it would've been as you describe "pardon me if you don't get it".

Maybe a Texan's rectum but not a Texan.

110Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 6:45 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Meanwhile, getting back on topic before it was hijacked by the Michigan pill popper...

Biden, Harris in virtual tie after big shift in black support, poll shows

The latest Quinnipiac survey comes just days after the racial confrontation at last week's Democratic debate.

Sen. Kamala Harris of California has catapulted into a virtual tie with former Vice President Joe Biden in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination — and she's made significant inroads with black voters — following her widely praised debate performance last week, a new national poll released Tuesday showed.

The latest Quinnipiac University poll of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters showed Biden with 22 percent support and Harris with 20 percent — a double-digit jump for her since the university's previous poll last month.

Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Bernie Sanders of Vermont were in third and fourth place in the poll, with 14 percent and 13 percent, respectively. Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana, was in fifth, with 4 percent support.

No other candidate got more than 3 percent in the poll.

Biden's 2 percentage point lead over Harris was within the poll's margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

"Round 1 of the Democratic debates puts Senator Kamala Harris and former Vice President Joe Biden on two different trajectories, as support for Harris surges but continues to slip for Biden," Quinnipiac University Polling Analyst Mary Snow said in a statement. "Biden's once-commanding lead has evaporated," she added.

The poll, conducted June 28 to July 1, also showed that Harris had caught up with Biden in receiving support from black Democratic voters — a bloc with which Biden has done well.

In the latest poll, Biden's support among black Democratic voters shrunk to 31 percent from 48 percent in the June poll. Harris, on the other hand, saw her support among black Democratic voters grow to 27 percent, from 11 percent in the June poll. The June poll numbers on African American voters were provided to NBC by Quinnipiac.

The poll suggests a substantial upswing for Harris and a notable decline for the former vice president. In the Quinnipiac's poll of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters last month, Biden received the support of 30 percent of the respondents, while Sanders had 19 percent, Warren had 15 percent and Buttigieg had 8 percent.

Harris had 7 percent support.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/joe-biden-kamala-harris-virtual-tie-democratic-nomination-new-poll-n1025656

111Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 9:40 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:I'm a Texan and that's an apology. Otherwise it would've been as you describe "pardon me if you don't get it".

DENSITY UNPARALLELED, speaking of not "getting it." An apology was NOT requested. An admission of error WAS requested - something you're obviously completely incapable of, exactly as expected.

112Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 11:27 pm

bigdog

Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:It definitely seems that Harris race card ploy worked. I wouldn't say race card if I were talking about Booker, but Harris is using the fact that she had an Indian mother and a Jamaican father to push herself forward. The news media loves her, but she has some questionable activities in her past.
First of all, she moved to Canada at the age of 7, so she did not experience the same life that African Americans did here in the US. She was with her Indian mother, who had left her Jamaican father, and her family was very well-to-do. So the poor little African American girl thing will be pounced on by the right immediately, and justly so.
Both she and Mayor Willie Brown, who is 30 years older than her, have admitted to having an affair for several years. He was still married, though separated at the time, and during that time he says he helped her get her career started with political appointments she wouldn't have gotten otherwise.That is also going to be fodder for the heads on Fox News should she get the nomination.
Her grandstanding at the debate may help her in the polls, but after learning her real past, it lowers her in my esteem. She's pretending to be something she never was and if she gets the nomination, Trump will be all over it.

And, did you know her husband is .... WHITE??

affraid

Maybe, you should vote for Jill Stein, snowflake.

Why would I care if her husband is white? I care about whatever candidate my party nominates being truthful because we don't need a candidate who the Repukes can say  is a liar, so what possible difference does it make that Trump is a liar too.

As for the comment that the schools were integrated before her birth in Berkeley, that part is true, However, it was the high schools that were integrated and not the elementary schools. There were 13 elementary schools, and they did make the decision to integrate them by busing the year before Harris began school. That part is true. And yes, Pkr is wrong. But she was not entirely truthful on that stage Thursday night.   Her  pretending she knows anything about the kind of prejudice African Americans went through In the 60's as a little girl is a blatant lie. She lived in Canada, not the US. She lived with her Indian mother and not with her Jamaican father.  Her mother was very well-to-do, she was a respected doctor. So the poor little black girl stuff is stealing a story from African Americans that does not belong to her. No way did she experience one minute of the kind of hate that was here in the US in the late 60's and 70's, because she was NOT HERE.  If you think I shouldn't point it out, just wait until Fox news starts In on it. And yes, she had an affair with Willie Brown, and Willie Brown even claims he helped her in her career. Should I not believe him because he is a black man?

Don't get me wrong, I'll vote for her if she gets the nomination. But Thursday night was my first impression of her, and it didn't show me an honest person. Corey Booker knows what African American life was like for a black child in this country, she doesn't.  But she can cry better tears, I'll give her that.

113Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 1:03 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:It definitely seems that Harris race card ploy worked. I wouldn't say race card if I were talking about Booker, but Harris is using the fact that she had an Indian mother and a Jamaican father to push herself forward. The news media loves her, but she has some questionable activities in her past.
First of all, she moved to Canada at the age of 7, so she did not experience the same life that African Americans did here in the US. She was with her Indian mother, who had left her Jamaican father, and her family was very well-to-do. So the poor little African American girl thing will be pounced on by the right immediately, and justly so.
Both she and Mayor Willie Brown, who is 30 years older than her, have admitted to having an affair for several years. He was still married, though separated at the time, and during that time he says he helped her get her career started with political appointments she wouldn't have gotten otherwise.That is also going to be fodder for the heads on Fox News should she get the nomination.
Her grandstanding at the debate may help her in the polls, but after learning her real past, it lowers her in my esteem. She's pretending to be something she never was and if she gets the nomination, Trump will be all over it.

And, did you know her husband is .... WHITE??

affraid

Maybe, you should vote for Jill Stein, snowflake.

Why would I care if her husband is white? I care about whatever candidate my party nominates being truthful because we don't need a candidate who the Repukes can say  is a liar, so what possible difference does it make that Trump is a liar too.

As for the comment that the schools were integrated before her birth in Berkeley, that part is true, However, it was the high schools that were integrated and not the elementary schools. There were 13 elementary schools, and they did make the decision to integrate them by busing the year before Harris began school. That part is true. And yes, Pkr is wrong. But she was not entirely truthful on that stage Thursday night.   Her  pretending she knows anything about the kind of prejudice African Americans went through In the 60's as a little girl is a blatant lie. She lived in Canada, not the US. She lived with her Indian mother and not with her Jamaican father.  Her mother was very well-to-do, she was a respected doctor. So the poor little black girl stuff is stealing a story from African Americans that does not belong to her. No way did she experience one minute of the kind of hate that was here in the US in the late 60's and 70's, because she was NOT HERE.  If you think I shouldn't point it out, just wait until Fox news starts In on it. And yes, she had an affair with Willie Brown, and Willie Brown even claims he helped her in her career. Should I not believe him because he is a black man?

Don't get me wrong, I'll vote for her if she gets the nomination. But Thursday night was my first impression of her, and it didn't show me an honest person. Corey Booker knows what African American life was like for a black child in this country, she doesn't.  But she can cry better tears, I'll give her that.

Booker isn't sure if Biden is up to that task.

114Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 1:45 am

RealLindaL

All in all, I wish to heck we had a true standout, statesmanlike champion to rally 'round.   It's getting pretty discouraging.  I know we'll vote for "anyone but Trump," but will that be good enough to defeat him, and will we end up with an excellent person at the helm, or just someone better than Trump (which even the local dog-catcher would be)?

115Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 2:12 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:All in all, I wish to heck we had a true standout, statesmanlike champion to rally 'round.   It's getting pretty discouraging.  I know we'll vote for "anyone but Trump," but will that be good enough to defeat him, and will we end up with an excellent person at the helm, or just someone better than Trump (which even the local dog-catcher would be)?

I'll settle for a dog catcher as long as the rabid dog gets the boot.

116Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 9:12 am

zsomething

PkrBum wrote:I'm an idiotic piece of shit and that's as close to an apology as my weak pitiful ass will allow me to make. And an admission of actually being wrong is far beyond my abilities because my fragile ego would collapse entirely. I like to blame it on my state, as if everyone from there were terrible, but actually that's just a lame excuse, and the truth is I'm the product of bad upbringing and a long history of personal failings which I've refused to learn anything from. Please be patient with me and put up with my abuse, I'm a very sad and lonely person and I need this place, it's all I have.

There, fixed it for him. Wink

Honestly, Linda, he's wrong, but he's pretty much always wrong. He's never going to admit it. You can't expect him to be a man when he clearly isn't one. The real question is... why are we even still talking to him? He's just a psychic vampire, draining everyone. We get nothing out of it, so why do we feed him? I'm as guilty of it as anybody. Maybe we need a pact. 'Cuz he's obviously not going to have enough pride to leave on his own.

117Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 9:44 am

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:

Believe me, I get where you're coming from ....

.... she's not black ENOUGH.

Heard the thing about Obama.

I can't believe we have to put up with this horseshit even from our own side.

Sheesh ...,

118Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 9:53 am

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:All in all, I wish to heck we had a true standout, statesmanlike champion to rally 'round.   It's getting pretty discouraging.  I know we'll vote for "anyone but Trump," but will that be good enough to defeat him, and will we end up with an excellent person at the helm, or just someone better than Trump (which even the local dog-catcher would be)?

Actually, I think we have a really good group of candidates with the exception of Sanders and a few of the flakes on the fringe.

A couple of our best candidates happen to be women.

I hear them described even from our own side with adjectives like "strident" and "shrill" .... adjectives you almost never hear used to describe male candidates.

We really need to get beyond that shit.

119Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 10:03 am

Deus X

Deus X

Sal wrote:

Sheesh ...,

So you believe in the "one-drop rule", eh? How racist can you get?

120Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 11:00 am

bigdog

Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:

Sheesh ...,

No, she's not black enough if she is going to run her campaign on having been a poor little mistreated black girl, because that is basing her campaign on a lie. She was a well-to-do part black child who grew up in Canada. Prior to that she was in Berkeley, probably the most liberal city in America at the time. You may be too young to remember that part. This ain't no Alabama sharecropper's daughter we're talking about here.
There's nothing horseshit about asking for the truth.  Obama did not run on his blackness, not that I can remember. I voted for Obama twice. I've always respected him and Michelle for the ways they have discussed race.  This is the first national forum Harris has had, and she hits on her race and does it hard. There were kids who wouldn't play with her because she was black, she said. That was the most emotional line in the debate. Why? Because we all know what it's like to have been children who other children spurned, especially if we were poor in America, or unattractive in America, or talked funny, or looked goofy, or whatever, some of us all of the above. Her "problem" was that she was black in America. Until the age of 6. Because at 7, she was out of here. Her mother took her away from America during the heart of the Civil Rights movement when other American kids were experiencing severe prejudice and took her to Canada to live. Ms Harris is a good lawyer and she chose, intentionally, to be disingenuous.  Maya Angelou said when someone shows you who they are the first time, believe them.  
If she gets the nomination, I hope she can change my mind about her before I have to hold my nose and vote. But for right now, she isn't a totally honest person. If you can't see that, tough. You're not looking hard.

As for Corey Booker questioning Biden's abilities, that's fair game in politics.
I would enthusiastically vote for Corey, in spite of his stand on reparations, because he is a pretty amazing person on a personal basis as well as in political life. Ms Harris still has to prove herself. I haven't seen the lady run into any burning buildings lately, and she put a lot of African Americans behind bars during her career as well.

121Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 1:33 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote:

Sheesh ...,

No, she's not black enough if she is going to run her campaign on having been a poor little mistreated black girl, because that is basing her campaign on a lie. She was a well-to-do part black child who grew up in Canada. Prior to that she was in Berkeley, probably the most liberal city in America at the time. You may be too young to remember that part. This ain't no Alabama sharecropper's daughter we're talking about here.
There's nothing horseshit about asking for the truth.  Obama did not run on his blackness, not that I can remember. I voted for Obama twice. I've always respected him and Michelle for the ways they have discussed race.  This is the first national forum Harris has had, and she hits on her race and does it hard. There were kids who wouldn't play with her because she was black, she said. That was the most emotional line in the debate. Why? Because we all know what it's like to have been children who other children spurned, especially if we were poor in America, or unattractive in America, or talked funny, or looked goofy, or whatever, some of us all of the above.  Her "problem" was that she was black in America. Until the age of 6. Because at 7, she was out of here. Her mother took her away from America during the heart of the Civil Rights movement when other American kids were experiencing severe prejudice and took her to Canada to live.  Ms Harris is a good lawyer and she chose, intentionally,  to be disingenuous.  Maya Angelou said when someone shows you who they are the first time, believe them.  
If she gets the nomination, I hope she can change my mind about her before I have to hold my nose and vote. But for right now, she isn't a totally honest person. If you can't see that, tough. You're not looking hard.

As for Corey Booker questioning Biden's abilities, that's fair game in politics.
I would enthusiastically vote for Corey, in spite of his stand on reparations, because he is a pretty amazing person on a personal basis as well as in political life. Ms Harris still has to prove herself. I haven't seen the lady run into any burning buildings lately, and she put a lot of African Americans behind bars during her career as well.

Harris, Booker, Warren, Castro or even Biden and Sanders, all are 10 times better than the shrill, self serving maniac we have in our house right now. Better off dead than voting red.

122Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 5:30 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:A couple of our best candidates happen to be women.

I hear them described even from our own side with adjectives like "strident" and "shrill" .... adjectives you almost never hear used to describe male candidates.

We really need to get beyond that shit.

Don't you dare imply that I'm anti-woman, just because I've called Warren strident and will again.   I don't want any president of mine to constantly speak in what sounds like combative, emotion(anger?)-filled speech, male OR female.   What this nation needs now is CALMNESS and STEADINESS spoken from strength, Sal, and I just do NOT get that impression at all from Warren, who frankly sounds very high strung to me.  I'll vote for her if she's nominated, but she (and Bernie - who strikes similar tones with a male voice)  would be far from my first choice in the pack.

I was not a great fan of Hillary (though I voted for her) and I know she was accused of being wooden, but honestly right now I'd rather have wood than dynamite -- and again, that's male or female.  I'm just thoroughly sick of upheaval, and long for a return to a semblance of even-keeled normalcy in the Oval Office.  

I'm not an expert, but do think Warren and Bernie both would turn off untold numbers of on-the-fence voters, due just as much to tone as to policy, if not more so. Like it or not, those on-the-fence or middle-of-the-road voters are out there, and will still be out there come election day, and they matter.

123Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 5:33 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:I'll settle for a dog catcher as long as the rabid dog gets the boot.

I hear you -- but we shouldn't have to settle for less than excellence at the helm of our nation.

124Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 5:41 pm

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:The real question is... why are we even still talking to him?  He's just a psychic vampire, draining everyone.  We get nothing out of it, so why do we feed him?  I'm as guilty of it as anybody.  Maybe we need a pact.  'Cuz he's obviously not going to have enough pride to leave on his own.

You wanna start a pact of some sort, go ahead, z.s., and I'll likely jump on the bandwagon. We've talked about it before but failed to follow through.

Look, I certainly don't mind having conservatives on the board, but when they're as irrational and ill-informed as our local one-note Johnny, you're right -- nothing can be gained in the way of reasoned discourse. It's a total waste of time and effort. And I'm just as puzzled as you are as to why some of us keep talking to the man.

125Democrats Debate lineup - Page 5 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 5:42 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:I'll settle for a dog catcher as long as the rabid dog gets the boot.

I hear you -- but we shouldn't have to settle for less than excellence at the helm of our nation.

Excellence indeed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum