Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 20]

126Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 5:49 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:The real question is... why are we even still talking to him?  He's just a psychic vampire, draining everyone.  We get nothing out of it, so why do we feed him?  I'm as guilty of it as anybody.  Maybe we need a pact.  'Cuz he's obviously not going to have enough pride to leave on his own.

You wanna start a pact of some sort, go ahead, z.s., and I'll likely jump on the bandwagon.  We've talked about it before but failed to follow through.

Look, I certainly don't mind having conservatives on the board, but when they're as irrational and ill-informed as our local one-note Johnny, you're right -- nothing can be gained in the way of reasoned discourse.  It's a total waste of time and effort.  And I'm just as puzzled as you are as to why some of us keep talking to the man.

Count me in. It only works if we all agree and stick with it.

127Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 8:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Back to your pack mentality.... always need a crowd to boost your ego. Pathetic!

128Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 8:23 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:Back to your pack mentality.... always need a crowd to boost your ego. Pathetic!

Some of us just don't care for him. It's not like he hasn't called for bans and deletions on some of the rest of us. He has.

129Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 8:36 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Back to your pack mentality.... always need a crowd to boost your ego. Pathetic!

“Pack mentality” coming from the queen bee of the mean girls is pretty rich.

But, when all her worker bees have succumbed to morbid obesity, I guess she lies with any available dog.

130Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 10:50 pm

bigdog

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:A couple of our best candidates happen to be women.

I hear them described even from our own side with adjectives like "strident" and "shrill" .... adjectives you almost never hear used to describe male candidates.

We really need to get beyond that shit.

Don't you dare imply that I'm anti-woman, just because I've called Warren strident and will again.   I don't want any president of mine to constantly speak in what sounds like combative, emotion(anger?)-filled speech, male OR female.   What this nation needs now is CALMNESS and STEADINESS spoken from strength, Sal, and I just do NOT get that impression at all from Warren, who frankly sounds very high strung to me.  I'll vote for her if she's nominated, but she (and Bernie - who strikes similar tones with a male voice)  would be far from my first choice in the pack.

I was not a great fan of Hillary (though I voted for her) and I know she was accused of being wooden, but honestly right now I'd rather have wood than dynamite -- and again, that's male or female.  I'm just thoroughly sick of upheaval, and long for a return to a semblance of even-keeled normalcy in the Oval Office.   

I'm not an expert, but do think Warren and Bernie both would turn off untold numbers of on-the-fence voters, due just as much to tone as to policy, if not more so.  Like it or not, those on-the-fence or middle-of-the-road voters are out there, and will still be out there come election day, and they matter.

Thanks for verbalizing what I've been trying to say about Elizabeth Warren all along. Yes, she's intelligent. Yes, she might make a good president. I don't think she'd have a snowball's chance against Trump though, and when you used the words "high-strung," which I haven't heard in years, you absolutely hit it on the head.  I've never seen her smile, she is always so deeply concerned about something, she seems to have no personal traits at all except that she is what a friend of mine calls worrysome. Hillary knew there were problems to confront, and she had ideas, but she did not seem so desperate about things. I think she had the experience and confidence to take on pretty much anything. I'm not sure about Ms Warren at all. She thought being insulted by a fool  about her heritage was important enough to go check it out to prove him wrong. That's deeply insecure. It was never a priority to anybody that mattered and she just about destroyed her career over it. Trump will tear her up in an election. He can smell fear and I'm sorry, but Elizabeth Warren's aura doesn't shout ferocious.
She's high-strung.

And that is NOT being anti-woman. I canvassed for Hillary. It's that I prefer a strong woman if she wants to lead the free world.

Now, if we must have a woman because history demands it. and the choice were between Warren and Harris, who I've already said is disingenuous, I'd pick Harris. She's deceptive and willing to do anything to get to the top, including sleeping with Mayor Willie, so she's obviously seriously ambitious.
She's a natural politician, born to the job. She'll kick anybody in the balls on the way up the ladder. I don't admire her as a person at all, but as a politician, she's pretty brilliant.
I don't have a clue how she would govern, but she is strong enough to be POTUS, I think.
And good things can come from ambitious, not so good people. THE EPA is one of those things, and there are a lot more in the history of this country.

OH, and I still talk to Pkr because a forum without any opposing ideas dies out very quickly. Also, I know he's been here forever, just like I have, so I know he's not really a troll. He is a very typical Republican voter. You can't expect him to ignore Fox fake news reports.
If this were only democrats, it would be a very dull place.

131Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/3/2019, 11:32 pm

bigdog

Sal wrote:

But, when all her worker bees have succumbed to morbid obesity, I guess she lies with any available dog.

Wow. What a totally unnecessary comment.

132Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 12:42 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:

Wow. What a totally  unnecessary comment.

Rolling Eyes

133Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 1:42 am

Telstar

Telstar

134Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 1:43 am

RealLindaL

Not saying Biden personifies excellence. Not saying anyone in the current lineup does. I just don't sense it.

135Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 1:55 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Not saying Biden personifies excellence.   Not saying anyone in the current lineup does.  I just don't sense it.

Nobody's perfect.

136Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 2:12 am

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:OH, and I still talk to Pkr because a forum without any opposing ideas dies out very quickly.

I'll grant you that, but surely there are SOME reasonably intelligent conservatives with ideas and analyses of their own out there somewhere?   Pkr doesn't provide "opposing ideas," just "opposing party lines" with his mind-numbing "what about" responses to just about everything.  I'd certainly not call him fodder for intellectual stimulation -- mostly just for useless irritation.

137Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 2:54 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:OH, and I still talk to Pkr because a forum without any opposing ideas dies out very quickly.

I'll grant you that, but surely there are SOME reasonably intelligent conservatives with ideas and analyses of their own out there somewhere?   Pkr doesn't provide "opposing ideas," just "opposing party lines" with his mind-numbing "what about" responses to just about everything.  I'd certainly not call him fodder for intellectual stimulation -- mostly just for useless irritation.

Yeah but did you say that when Obama was President? lol!

138Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 3:06 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:

It's just sad when a lacky continuously tries to tear someone down to feel better about themselves. It's a meaningless losing game. The time spent would be better used examining your ideas and the reason they fail... although you're long in the tooth to make any real changes and you lack any courage whatsoever. Soooooo... keep eroding the fabric of individualism that made this country great. You've contributed nothing except obese consumerism.

139Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 3:16 am

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

140Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/4/2019, 3:21 am

Telstar

Telstar

141Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/5/2019, 2:30 pm

bigdog

https://www.langerresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/1206a12020Democrats.pdf

New polling released Wednesday by Washington Post shows Biden still has a firm lead when questioning registered Democratic voters. This one was taken after the debate. He also has a strong lead 30-13 over Harris with the "leans Democratic" voters who have not registered to vote yet. That bunch is pretty unreliable, IMO, but he's firmly in the lead in both categories.  
We'll have to see how some of the other polls come out in the next few days. As long as Biden focuses on Trump, I think he's using the right strategy.

142Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/5/2019, 3:59 pm

Telstar

Telstar

"She has a lot of grit and it takes that when you're a woman."

Black voters react to Harris confronting Biden at debate

CNN's Randi Kaye speaks to African-American voters in South Carolina about their thoughts on Sen. Kamala Harris' debate performance and what they're looking for in a Democratic presidential candidate.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/07/04/african-american-voters-south-carolina-kamala-harris-debate-reaction-kaye-ac360-vpx.cnn

143Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/5/2019, 4:45 pm

bigdog

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

It's just sad when a lacky continuously tries to tear someone down to feel better about themselves. It's a meaningless losing game. The time spent would be better used examining your ideas and the reason they fail... although you're long in the tooth to make any real changes and you lack any courage whatsoever. Soooooo... keep eroding the fabric of individualism that made this country great. You've contributed nothing except obese consumerism.

Really, can we stop the "fat, fat the water rat" comments on this forum? First Sal implies that everyone in the "mean girls" club died from morbid obesity, which was uncalled for when speaking of anyone who has died from any cause, and now Pkr is calling us liberals Obese consumers.
Stop it Pkr, and stop it everybody else, it's pretty much rude and childish.

God D--mn it , stop it or I'll find you where you sleep tonight and crush you to death with the weight of one of my armpits.
Do YOU HEAR ME!!!!!

144Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/5/2019, 6:15 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:
Really, can we stop the "fat, fat the water rat" comments on this forum? First Sal implies that everyone in the "mean girls" club died from morbid obesity, which was uncalled for when speaking of anyone who has died from any cause, and now Pkr is calling us liberals Obese consumers.

God D--mn it , stop it or I'll find you where you sleep tonight and crush you to death with the weight of one of my armpits.
Do YOU HEAR ME!!!!!

cheers   lol!   cheers   lol!

145Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/5/2019, 6:56 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

146Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/5/2019, 10:22 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Do YOU HEAR ME!!!!!

Ever watch the TV series Pickett Fences from about 25 years ago? In one episode a woman over 500 lbs suffocated her husband. She wouldn't tell the police or anyone why she did it? Finally at the end she broke down and told the truth. She rolled over him in her sleep and suffocated him. She didn't wake up and didn't feel him under her, She would rather they think she meant to murder him and go to jail then it being an accident because she was morbidly obese.

Hope this doesn't violate the rule about talking about movies in topic sections other than the movie section. confused

147Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/6/2019, 12:18 am

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Ever watch the TV series Pickett Fences from about 25 years ago? In one episode a woman over 500 lbs suffocated her husband. She wouldn't tell the police or anyone why she did it? Finally at the end she broke down and told the truth. She rolled over him in her sleep and suffocated him. She didn't wake up and didn't feel him under her, She would rather they think she meant to murder him and go to jail then it being an accident because she was morbidly obese.

Hope this doesn't violate the rule about talking about movies in topic sections other than the movie section. confused

Dunno if it violates any rules but it's a very sad story indeed. Don't remember the series, tho.

148Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/6/2019, 12:41 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:Ever watch the TV series Pickett Fences from about 25 years ago? In one episode a woman over 500 lbs suffocated her husband. She wouldn't tell the police or anyone why she did it? Finally at the end she broke down and told the truth. She rolled over him in her sleep and suffocated him. She didn't wake up and didn't feel him under her, She would rather they think she meant to murder him and go to jail then it being an accident because she was morbidly obese.

Dunno if it violates any rules but it's a very sad story indeed. Don't remember the series, tho.

It's the new rule Madam Moderator came up with about movie trailers being relocated to the movie section. I noticed my YESTERDAY, the Beatles fantasy movie topic was missing from the GD and relocated to the movie section. Pickett Fences was only on 4 years but was excellent. Winning multi Emmy awards for cast and crew. Tom Skeritt, Kathy Baker, Ray Walston Fivish Finkle. Skeritt played the sheriff of Rome Wisconsin, a small town with big problems every week.

149Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/6/2019, 6:10 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

It's the new rule Madam Moderator came up with about movie trailers being relocated to the movie section. I noticed my YESTERDAY, the Beatles fantasy movie topic was missing from the GD and relocated to the movie section. Pickett Fences was only on 4 years but was excellent. Winning multi Emmy awards for cast and crew. Tom Skeritt, Kathy Baker, Ray Walston Fivish Finkle. Skeritt played the sheriff of Rome Wisconsin, a small town with big problems every week.

Here is the episode at the risk of violating any new rules.

150Democrats Debate lineup - Page 6 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/6/2019, 8:50 pm

bigdog

I wonder how many times Tom Skerrit has the played the town sheriff in a TV show or movie? It's so many times that he looks funny without a cop's hat on his head.
I wonder if he's played a cop more times or Sean Bean has died more times in movies. It's got to be a close race.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum