Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VP Debate

+6
RealLindaL
knothead
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
dumpcare
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1VP Debate Empty VP Debate 10/4/2016, 8:41 pm

2seaoat

The tax return and actual tax policy will be driven home......Trump adding five trillion to our debt giving the wealthy tax breaks and eliminating the estate tax is a bridge too far for the American people after seeing his tax return......even stupid people get them working their asz off and these silver spoons getting a pass because they can buy Presidents and Congress.

2VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 8:59 pm

dumpcare

You can't make this shit up, the RNC tweeted an hour ago that Pence won the debate. Maybe psychic?

3VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 9:05 pm

2seaoat

You beat me to it. The propaganda machine is so separated from reality that they can comment on a debate that has not even happened. WTF.......how stupid can the Republican Party get in its current configuration.

4VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:02 pm

2seaoat

I must admit that Pence can with a straight face shake his head as if Donald Trump did not say the things he has said......too funny......we heard him say everything that Kaine has pointed out. This is rather one sided, but the knockout punch was Pence getting taken to the doghouse by Republican Appellate judges, one of who is on Trump's short list for Supreme Court.....We will not let Syrians in Indiana......really Governor Pence.....Donald Trump is dangerous, but that Nazi thought process is equally offensive.

5VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:04 pm

2seaoat

Pence is sweating and is wearing out trying to defend the indefensible.

6VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:11 pm

2seaoat

This is not fair......Pence cannot defend Trump, and just shakes his head and says that these are lies.....we have heard Trump.

7VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:33 pm

2seaoat

Whipping out that Mexican thing again........oh my.

8VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Did you notice that Tim Kaine (Democrat) is wearing a red tie, and Mike Pence (Republican) is wearing a blue tie? What's up with that?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

9VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:47 pm

2seaoat

Kaine won on landing the most punches.....about three to one.......so much so that the post debate is making out Kaine as being too aggressive......he pummeled Donald Trump, and Pence could not defend any of Trump's foolishness.........Pence wanted to distance himself from his running mate, and Kaine just aggressively scored points about Trump.......America was watching, and points were scored. Kaine when he quoted Matthew just nailed Trump, and defending women's right to health choices without government punishment......which despite Pence's denial.....Trump did talk about punishing women........all the while the internet is buzzing that Trump wanted Maples to have an abortion.....oh my..........how much does he have to pay his ex wife and daughter to keep that quiet.

10VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:52 pm

Sal

Sal

I thought Pence won.

He has a much more disciplined lizard brain than Trump.

11VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 10:59 pm

2seaoat

Won what? He let Kaine gut Trump in front of America without making Clinton look shrill. He also cleverly opened the door on Nuclear proliferation and the idiocy of Trump's quotes........Kaine was not concerned about being nice his win was to deliver knockouts to Trump. Kaine created the tone, and had his mission accomplished. Pence is sincere, but I mean what kind of man bans Syrians from Indiana and thinks the Appellate courts are going to agree. I thought Kaine could have trashed Pence for five minutes on that subject, but he was trying to win the presidential race, and to that end he won the day.

12VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/4/2016, 11:21 pm

knothead

knothead

The voters will decide . . . . . . personally it seemed to be a tie to me.

13VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 2:08 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:The voters will decide . . . . . . personally it  seemed to be a tie to me.

Don't know about a tie but I doubt this debate will have swayed very many if any votes, one way or the other. So I guess that's the same thing.

I realize I'm very biased at this point, but have to say that both my husband and myself separately came to the same judgement of Pence -- that he sounded phony and all sweet-preachy, if you know what I mean. And yes, that continual head shaking at the things Kaine pointed out -- the things everyone knows Trump said at one time or another -- came across to us as just blind loyalty to The Donald. Pence accused Kaine of being a "good soldier" or something belittling to that effect, but yet he himself played the same role for Trump, big time.

Kaine may've overdone things somewhat, but the words will stick. And personally I was happy to hear his stance on a couple of social issues, especially as to how he will follow the law and not foist his own religious beliefs on others, which is a big concern with Pence -- though certainly not Trump, whose supposed Christianity I find hard to buy at all.

Again, though, I think it's doubtful there'll be much of any impact to the bottom line election results of anything that happened tonight.

As for the ties, Z-man, yes, I noticed, because someone on the radio today -- I'm thinking it was Rick Outzen on Pensacola Speaks on WCOA -- said he could hardly tell the two veep candidates apart and that he hoped they'd wear a red tie and a blue tie to designate their parties. lol

14VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 10:50 am

Telstar

Telstar

Pence fights — and lies — to keep the stench of Trump off him

Every time Donald Trump was criticized during Tuesday night’s vice presidential debate, running mate Mike Pence had the perfect response: Who is this ‘Donald Trump’ of which you speak?

It was as if Pence had never met the man on the top of the ticket and was unaware that we now have video and audio recording technology that can preserve the things people say.

Asked by Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine to defend an array of Trump’s statements, Pence simply denied that those statements exist.

The Indiana governor said Kaine’s claim that Trump wants to restrict Muslims from the entering the country was “absolutely false.” A press release on Trump’s campaign website says: “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Kaine said Trump didn’t know that Russia had already invaded Ukraine, and Pence said that was false. But there’s video from earlier this year of Trump saying of Russian President Vladimir Putin: “He’s not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He’s not going to go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want.”

Kaine brought up Trump’s proposed deportation force, and Pence said that was “nonsense.” But if you Google it, there’s Trump on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” saying, “You’re going to have a deportation force, and you’re going to do it humanely.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/huppke/ct-vp-debate-pence-trump-huppke-20161004-column.html

15VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 11:02 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Kaine completely mopped the floor with Pence on substance, though many in the media are saying that Pence is the winner on style. While watching the debate live I was thinking that the steady interruptions and smirking from Kaine may come back to bite him. He had every reason to be smirky and interrupt, but you simply can't do that in these type of debates.

Pence had to invent an alternate universe where Trump hasn't said many of the things he had said over the last year. If someone was turning on politics for the first time last night, if they had no clue about any of the past and the comments that these tickets have made, if they had no way of knowing what is real and what is fiction, I can kinda see why someone may conclude that that Pence won the debate....but not really. Kaine was clear, substantive, he answered everything directly and drew contrast between his ticket and his opposition, and Pence wasn't able to directly respond to any of it.

It was alot like this forum.

16VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 11:27 am

Telstar

Telstar

boards of FL wrote:Kaine completely mopped the floor with Pence on substance, though many in the media are saying that Pence is the winner on style.  While watching the debate live I was thinking that the steady interruptions and smirking from Kaine may come back to bite him.  He had every reason to be smirky and interrupt, but you simply can't do that in these type of debates.  

Pence had to invent an alternate universe where Trump hasn't said many of the things he had said over the last year.  If someone was turning on politics for the first time last night, if they had no clue about any of the past and the comments that these tickets have made, if they had no way of knowing what is real and what is fiction, I can kinda see why someone may conclude that that Pence won the debate....but not really.   Kaine was clear, substantive, he answered everything directly and drew contrast between his ticket and his opposition, and Pence wasn't able to directly respond to any of it.  

It was alot like this forum.

Wow, really? I thought that Pence was a lot more low energy than many forum members.

17VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 11:54 am

Sal

Sal

I think that Pence used the only strategy that could have possibly succeeded at this point - pretending to have never met and to know nothing about Donald Trump.

18VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 12:12 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:I think that Pence used the only strategy that could have possibly succeeded at this point - pretending to have never met and to know nothing about Donald Trump.

Most republicans seem to be going with that.

19VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 12:31 pm

RealLindaL

boards of FL wrote:While watching the debate live I was thinking that the steady interruptions and smirking from Kaine may come back to bite him.  He had every reason to be smirky and interrupt, but you simply can't do that in these type of debates.

I hear what you're saying, boards, but at least much of the time Kaine feigned some serious interest in what Pence was saying, while Pence, to my memory, seemed to spend virtually the entire time Kaine was speaking shaking his head no and/or smirking for the audience.

20VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 3:22 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Pence still reminds me of this guy:

VP Debate 09fadd8d7f1c6ca026f5f380d16af800

21VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/5/2016, 5:47 pm

Markle

Markle

Amusing, the desperation of the Progressives.

Only a few Progressives here would venture to deny the victory of the senseless Vice Presidential Debate to Mike Pense. Tim Kane was rude and interrupted Mike Pense 72 times. That must be some kind of a record.

Viewers of last night’s debate between the vice presidential candidates took to Twitter to savage Hillary Clinton’s running mate Tim Kaine after he was dominated by a measured and confident performance from Donald Trump’s running mate, Mike Pence.Many viewers felt particularly irritated by Kaine’s propensity to interrupt, something which he did 70 times over the course of the debate:

From the Washington Post:
Lois RomanoVerified account
‏@loisromano
"The senator from Virginia came across as over-rehearsed, often interrupting his Republican opponent." http://wpo.st/j5e22 @WPJohnWagner
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tim-kaine-seemed-like-he-was-trying-too-hard-at-the-vp-debate/2016/10/05/069b3790-8a24-11e6-b24f-a7f89eb68887_story.html?postshare=5431475675097438&tid=ss_tw

From the New York Post:
Tim Kaine just did something remarkable: He made Dan Quayle look good by comparison.
The Democratic vice presidential nominee turned in the worst major debate performance since Lloyd Bentsen squashed Quayle like a bug in 1988 when the 41-year-old Indiana Republican made the mistake of trying to liken himself to John F. Kennedy when it came to senatorial experience.
Tim Kaine was no Lloyd Bentsen. This time the Republican guy from Indiana — Mike Pence, Donald Trump’s running mate — crushed the Democrat. Pence never delivered a knockout blow, he just jabbed and parried and ducked and weaved. Kaine kept trying to deliver roundhouses, but almost every time, he swung and missed and fell on his posterior as he did it.
http://nypost.com/2016/10/04/mike-pence-wiped-the-floor-with-tim-kaine-but-does-it-matter/

From CNN:
Jim Hoft
‏@gatewaypundit
CNN Poll – With 11% More Democrats – Shows Mike Pence Won VP Debate https://shar.es/1xR3vT via @gatewaypundit
https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/783672148493684736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

22VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/6/2016, 9:05 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Amusing, the desperation of the Progressives.

Markle, you have seen all the debates, commercials, and surrogates that we all have. In your best estimation, using your best judgement, do you think Trump and Pence are currently winning this election? Is it your prediction that Trump will be the next president?

23VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/6/2016, 11:36 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:

Markle, you have seen all the debates, commercials, and surrogates that we all have.   In your best estimation, using your best judgement, do you think Trump and Pence are currently winning this election?   Is it your prediction that Trump will be the next president?

PeeDog has already said Trump will win, and that if Hillary Clinton wins, it will only be due to massive voter fraud. He seems to be dead sure in his assumption......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

24VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/6/2016, 3:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I predict here and now that Trump will lose by a wide margin.

25VP Debate Empty Re: VP Debate 10/6/2016, 5:02 pm

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

Markle, you have seen all the debates, commercials, and surrogates that we all have.   In your best estimation, using your best judgement, do you think Trump and Pence are currently winning this election?   Is it your prediction that Trump will be the next president?

Commercials mean nothing to me. Hillary is outspending Donald Trump by at least a 4 to 1 margin.

My guesstimate today is that there is a 60% chance Hillary wins and 40% Trump wins.

What fouls that up in my mind is the massive turnouts and enthusiasm for Donald Trump and the paltry turnouts and lack of enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton. Also, a concern is that many of the polls are skewed toward Democrats by sometimes 6 to 8 percent. From what I've seen Democrats and Republicans are nearly even with the Independents making up about 20-25% in the center.

As we have seen in the past polls have proven to be far from accurate come election day. For the sake of our nation, I hope and pray they are wrong this time too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum