Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 20]

51Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 9:18 am

Sal

Sal

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Harris was certainly powerful, but I thought Biden weathered her attack pretty well.

The pundits seem to disagree this morning.

If she starts eating into his support with African-American voters in a meaningful way, Biden is toast.

I would love to see a Warren-Harris ticket.

52Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 9:20 am

Sal

Sal

Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:Big night for Harris.

Fuck a BUNCH of Kamala Harris! She's a goddamn prosecutor. The jails and private prisons are full because of people like her. She's nothing but another goddamn shrieking harpy.

This country has never needed a prosecutor more, you misogynist goon.

Harris would kick Trump's bloated orange ass.

He would be defenseless.

53Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 10:03 am

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:Big night for Harris.

Fuck a BUNCH of Kamala Harris! She's a goddamn prosecutor. The jails and private prisons are full because of people like her. She's nothing but another goddamn shrieking harpy.

This country has never needed a prosecutor more, you misogynist goon.

Harris would kick Trump's bloated orange ass.

He would be defenseless.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Downlo15

54Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 10:37 am

zsomething

Like I told ya, Kamala Harris is terrifying to see across from you in a debate. There are things I like about her and things I don't as a candidate, but she's probably the one I'd most like to see Trump try to debate. The whole thing would be like Trump being doused with steak sauce and thrown in a cage with a lioness. It'd be carnage. The lady knows how to set you up, lead you into a trap, and then slam it shut on you.

I like Biden, but he's right - his time is up. He just doesn't have the fire. I'll still back whoever's the most electable because all our candidates are good (except fucking Bernie), any of them would do a good job, but I'm hoping someone else's electability likelihood starts to rise, because Biden's not inspiring much confidence. I knew he'd gaffe a lot, but I thought he might be better at handling them afterward than he's proven to be. He could have done a much better response to Harris last night, but he didn't, and it cost him.

55Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 11:03 am

Sal

Sal

zsomething wrote:He could have done a much better response to Harris last night, but he didn't, and it cost him.  

Biden just needs to admit he was wrong about busing back in the day.

The de facto vs. de jure rationale he vomited up in his interview after the debate was even worse.

56Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 11:57 am

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
zsomething wrote:He could have done a much better response to Harris last night, but he didn't, and it cost him.  

Biden just needs to admit he was wrong about busing back in the day.

The de facto vs. de jure rationale he vomited up in his interview after the debate was even worse.

One week he has a "boy" problem with Booker and the next he has a bus trip up with Harris. I see a pattern that doesn't look good for Slow Joe. Twisted Evil

57Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 12:07 pm

RealLindaL

Yes, am afraid that's so.   I was especially surprised, when it came to having dealt with racist/supremacist congressmen in the past, that Biden didn't clearly emphasize he'd brought it up to demonstrate he can work not only across party aisles, but across deep ideological divides as well (which still exist today, he should've said), to GET THINGS DONE.

Lost opportunity for Joe.  He's just not quick enough.  I think he's toast, but we'll see.

Am not sure whom to be rooting for.   Warren's strident tones are off-putting to me; Harris is better but sometimes her semi-hysterical-sounding laughter scares me just a little bit.   I have to say Buttigieg gives me the best sense of SOLIDITY and calm deliberation.  I'm afraid a too-angry candidate will frighten off voters who're on the fence.

And OMG that candidate Marianne Williamson, who was going to meet Trump's bigotry with LOVE???  Are you kidding me???  She was absolutely PITIFUL.  Hope she drops out immediately.

58Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 12:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:

Yes, am afraid that's so.   I was especially surprised, when it came to having dealt with racist/supremacist congressmen in the past, that Biden didn't clearly emphasize he'd brought it up to demonstrate he can work not only across party aisles, but across deep ideological divides as well (which still exist today, he should've said), to GET THINGS DONE.

Lost opportunity for Joe.  He's just not quick enough.  I think he's toast, but we'll see.

Am not sure whom to be rooting for.   Warren's strident tones are off-putting to me; Harris is better but sometimes her semi-hysterical-sounding laughter scares me just a little bit.   I have to say Buttigieg gives me the best sense of SOLIDITY and calm deliberation.  I'm afraid a too-angry candidate will frighten off voters who're on the fence.

And OMG that candidate Marianne Williamson, who was going to meet Trump's bigotry with LOVE???  Are you kidding me???  She was absolutely PITIFUL.  Hope she drops out immediately.

1) Did anyone watch CNN after the debates. The reporter was getting Biden to open up again and Biden went back to the same points he was making before Biden uttered "My time is up." Then Mrs. Biden appeared, gently grabbed Joe by the hand and slowly ushered him out the door, Sad. 2) Somebody said something on the stage after Joe said "The NRA isn't the enemy, the gun manufacturers are the enemy!" Did anybody else hear it?

59Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 12:39 pm

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:

Marianne Williamson is a space-orphan. I'm not even counting her as a serious candidate. She's amusing to watch, but, yeah, she needs to drop out and open a scented candle store or something. She's just comedy relief. The other day when they asked the candidates what their comfort food was, she said "I don't have a comfort food." I kinda wanted to yell out, "What about kale? I bet you like kale!" Baby carrots? I dunno. She's funny but she also seems to be an open wound. There's just something broken in her, you can hear it rattling. She's so tremulous she always seems on the verge of bolting into the woods, like a startled deer.

Biden definitely should have just said he was wrong on bussing. I don't think he's any kind of bigot or racist at all, nor do I think he's a perv, but he's handled all of those controversies in a very clumsy way, and it's hurt him.

Warren's delivery is a little strained, but I like her wonkishness. She does have ideas. I'm not sure they'd all be do-able, but, at least she does think. It's good to hear Bernie-ish ideas with actual plans attached to them, rather than Bernie's "people will rise up and cause a revolution!" hogwash. This is America, nobody's getting off their couch or risk their access to Netflix long enough to do any of that stuff.

Harris can be off-putting once in a while, but overall she's pretty powerful. And Buttiegeig continues to impress. Booker and Castro also did well the other night. The "too-angry" factor is a consideration, but... they're running against Trump. Anybody's going to seem like Bob Ross when the other guy is that tantrum-tossin' Mousse-olini. It'll negate the "angry" factor a bit. And, remember Obama's first debate against Romney? Obama was trying to tamp down any image of being "angry," and got dusted pretty badly in that debate because he was too underplayed. He made up for it by kicking Romney's ass in the next two, but sometimes showing no anger can be a mistake. And while we've got a president who's setting up concentration camps and letting humans who have nothing suffer and die... ehh, I think maybe anger'll be okay, as long as it's not unhinged.

60Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 12:43 pm

zsomething

Telstar wrote:

1) Did anyone watch CNN after the debates. The reporter was getting Biden to open up again and Biden went back to the same points he was making before Biden uttered "My time is up." Then Mrs. Biden appeared, gently grabbed Joe by the hand and slowly ushered him out the door, Sad. 2) Somebody said something on the stage after Joe said "The NRA isn't the enemy, the gun manufacturers are the enemy!" Did anybody else hear it?

Oi... if Biden said the NRA isn't the enemy, that was really dumb.

I'm a gun owner. I like 'em. And I think the NRA's a piece of shit box of idiots that's becoming something just short of a terrorist organization. They are no friend to responsible gun-owners, because they make us all look like radicalized Christian extremist idiots.

The NRA's on the ropes right now, even losing their TV station (which was mostly a money-laundering front, anyway). The last thing any Democrat ought to be doing is prop them up. When an enemy like that is down, kick 'em in the face and cut their throat, don't make apologizes for 'em.

61Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 3:53 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Interestingly, I haven't heard one comment today about Sanders. This is great. Hope he fades from the picture. I think both he and Biden are too old. Time for the next generation. A younger candidate would be another good contrast with DJT.

I'm glad Harris cleared up her position on private health care companies. I think the idea that a candidate wants to get rid of all private insurance would be very poorly received by a large block of voters. I also don't think it is a necessary step. Just make a public option, well, an option for those who want it. Don't force it on anyone.

62Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 4:24 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I watched a bunch of campaign videos before both nights. I'll skip my analysis except to say that i don't think that yang got a fair shot. He seemed the most reasonable until he raised his hand for healthcare to millions of illegal immigrants. Are y'all actually taking this seriously? Along with more free shit than an infomercial?

63Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 5:34 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Urinal11

64Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 5:56 pm

bigdog

PkrBum wrote:I watched a bunch of campaign videos before both nights. I'll skip my analysis except to say that i don't think that yang got a fair shot. He seemed the most reasonable until he raised his hand for healthcare to millions of illegal immigrants. Are y'all actually taking this seriously? Along with more free shit than an infomercial?

All Yang wants to deo is give everyone a thousand dollars without saying how he can do it. He has no agenda.
Harris won the debate, I agree. I'm still voting for Biden. Like I said, I expect Biden to say something he regrets many, many times between now and the primaries. He wouldn't be Biden if he did not. I'd like someone to go back and check the records on Harris to see if she really was a 6 year old in the second year of busing in her county. I don't know how old she is, but if she's in her 40's, which she looks, I would have to doubt her whole statement. Regardless, she didn't change my vote. 45 years ago is still 45 years ago and it was an ambush. Since the news media loved it, it worked. She's the new star on the block today. We'll see what happens. Still a long way until the primaries.

65Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 5:57 pm

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Oi... if Biden said the NRA isn't the enemy, that was really dumb.

I'm a gun owner.  I like 'em.   And I think the NRA's a piece of shit box of idiots that's becoming something just short of a terrorist organization.  They are no friend to responsible gun-owners, because they make us all look like radicalized Christian extremist idiots.  

The NRA's on the ropes right now, even losing their TV station (which was mostly a money-laundering front, anyway).  The last thing any Democrat ought to be doing is prop them up.   When an enemy like that is down, kick 'em in the face and cut their throat, don't make apologizes for 'em.

I guess it was Swalwell who responded to Biden's claim that the NRA is not the enemy. Binden can still bounce back but right now he looks old and in the way.

66Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 6:12 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:I'm still voting for Biden. Like I said, I expect Biden to say something he regrets many, many times between now and the primaries. He wouldn't be Biden if he did not.

Ummm....I understand liking Biden, but this statement immediately puts me in mind -- I hate to say it -- of all the Trump supporters who smilingly shake their heads when Trump says something outrageous and comment, "That's just Trump being Trump."

Either someone is suited for being a statesman-like leader of this great nation or they aren't.

I'm more and more undecided on Biden.

And on a separate subject, further to my earlier comments about Buttigieg, his main problem would be the crucial thing -- electability -- if for no other reason than he wouldn't likely be able to get the black vote, at least not on his own. Now, were there to be a Harris-Buttigieg ticket, as some are discussing....that could be another story entirely.

67Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 6:14 pm

bigdog

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40723386/fact-check-school-district-confirms-kamala-harris-was-correct-on-integration-in-berkeley

So, she spoke the truth about being in the second year of busing, but her attempt to lay the blame on why it hadn't happened sooner on Joe Biden was completely unfair. It was her local school district, which had already integrated schools, that decided to begin busing elementary students. They were not forced by the feds to do so, nor were they kept from doing so by any action of Joe Biden or any of his so called "segregationist" friends. It was a local decision, which I believe were the exact words t come from Biden's mouth last night.The lady was from California, not Alabama. No one had to force integration on the state of California. I'm sure some people would not play with her because she was black.Still, she lived in California. In Pensacola Florida, my brother was excluded from a church because he had the gall to preach that black people were created by God at the same time as whites and it wasn't them alone who came from apes. You didn't have to be black in Pensacola to face discrimination, all you had to do is not be a hater and you were hated by a lot of the population here. Guess what, some of that is still around. Of course, the news media needs a better looking, younger star, so they are anointing one. Too bad for any other progressives after this, Kamala was anointed by the media last night. The rest can now go home.
I'm sticking with Biden, and will through the primaries. He is stability and has a good soul. I don't need to know anything else right now.

Last edited by bigdog on 6/28/2019, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

68Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 6:15 pm

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:Harris can be off-putting once in a while, but overall she's pretty powerful.  And Buttiegeig continues to impress.  Booker and Castro also did well the other night.   The "too-angry" factor is a consideration, but... they're running against Trump.  Anybody's going to seem like Bob Ross when the other guy is that tantrum-tossin' Mousse-olini.  It'll negate the "angry" factor a bit.   And, remember Obama's first debate against Romney?  Obama was trying to tamp down any image of being "angry," and got dusted pretty badly in that debate because he was too underplayed.  He made up for it by kicking Romney's ass in the next two, but sometimes showing no anger can be a mistake.  And while we've got a president who's setting up concentration camps and letting humans who have nothing suffer and die... ehh, I think maybe anger'll be okay, as long as it's not unhinged.

Good points all, z. And as to the first two sentence in your paragraph, see my immediate prior post.

69Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 6:18 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:I'm sticking with Biden, and will through the primaries. He is stability and has a good soul. I don't need to know anything else right now.

Don't blame you. And as you've said, a lot can happen between now and the primaries.

70Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 7:13 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:I'm sticking with Biden, and will through the primaries. He is stability and has a good soul. I don't need to know anything else right now.

Don't blame you.   And as you've said, a lot can happen between now and the primaries.

71Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/28/2019, 10:21 pm

Sal

Sal

I’ve watched the exchange a few times now.

Joe hunkered down like a mule in a hail storm under Harris’s attack.

What will he do against Trump’s avalanche of bullshit?

We need a fighter.

Warren-Harris 2020

72Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 12:55 am

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:
I'm glad Harris cleared up her position on private health care companies. I think the idea that a candidate wants to get rid of all private insurance would be very poorly received by a large block of voters. I also don't think it is a necessary step. Just make a public option, well, an option for those who want it. Don't force it on anyone.

Unfortunately, as I understand it, the way Harris "cleared up her position" was to indicate she'd keep private insurance available, but only as a supplement to things not covered by the government plan.  That's not good enough.

73Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 12:59 am

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:Warren-Harris 2020

When's the last time you saw a presidential ticket consisting of two extremely strong personalities, male or female?  Ain't gonna happen.  Seems to me the VP candidate is traditionally someone willing and able to step back out of the spotlight, and I just can't see that happening with Harris.

74Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 1:51 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:Warren-Harris 2020

When's the last time you saw a presidential ticket consisting of two extremely strong personalities, male or female?  Ain't gonna happen.  Seems to me the VP candidate is traditionally someone willing and able to step back out of the spotlight, and I just can't see that happening with Harris.

Harris-Biden 2020.

Nobody can deny Biden is up to the VP job.

75Democrats Debate lineup - Page 3 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 4:55 am

Deus X

Deus X

Sal wrote:
Warren-Harris 2020

ACK! When was the last time we nominated a woman for President? Oh, yeah, that was the election that gave us TRUMP!

Women shouldn't be allowed to vote, much less run for office! This country has gone to shit since we ratified the 19th Amendment.

I can't even imagine what would happen if these two unstable, shrieking harpies got control of the executive branch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum