Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 20]

76Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 6:51 am

Sal

Sal

Deus X wrote:
Sal wrote:
Warren-Harris 2020

ACK! When was the last time we nominated a woman for President? Oh, yeah, that was the election that gave us TRUMP!

Women shouldn't be allowed to vote, much less run for office! This country has gone to shit since we ratified the 19th Amendment.

I can't even imagine what would happen if these two unstable, shrieking harpies got control of the executive branch.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 0a340110

77Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 11:33 am

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
Harris-Biden 2020.

Nobody can deny Biden is up to the VP job.

Interesting idea, but I could almost bet the farm that Biden would never take the VP job again.  Sure, it'd be nice to have someone supporting a brand new POTUS who already knows the in's and out's of the White House  - that, along with the balancing influence of a moderate alongside a progressive could be a helpful selling point during the campaign - but somehow I just seriously doubt he'd be willing to take a back seat at this point.  I'm thinking Biden's in it on an all or nothing basis.  Just my uninformed opinion, of course.

78Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 11:38 am

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
Deus X wrote:
Fuck a BUNCH of Kamala Harris! She's a goddamn prosecutor. The jails and private prisons are full because of people like her. She's nothing but another goddamn shrieking harpy.

This country has never needed a prosecutor more, you misogynist goon.

Ya just gotta keep in mind that poor Deus is obviously extremely frightened of strong women.  He's probably never really known one -- his loss.

79Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 11:39 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
Sal wrote:
Warren-Harris 2020

ACK! When was the last time we nominated a woman for President? Oh, yeah, that was the election that gave us TRUMP!

Women shouldn't be allowed to vote, much less run for office! This country has gone to shit since we ratified the 19th Amendment.

I can't even imagine what would happen if these two unstable, shrieking harpies got control of the executive branch.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 -neanderthal-man-in-profile--date-mary-evans-picture-library

80Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 12:22 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:Big night for Harris.

Fuck a BUNCH of Kamala Harris! She's a goddamn prosecutor. The jails and private prisons are full because of people like her. She's nothing but another goddamn shrieking harpy.

This country has never needed a prosecutor more, you misogynist goon.

Harris would kick Trump's bloated orange ass.

He would be defenseless.

Bill Kristol Tweeted recently that he questioned whether or not DJT would even consent to a debate with his Democratic challenger. Now, there's an idea, since he doesn't follow any rules he doesn't like.

One the other hand, he has such an inflated opinion of himself and his abilities, that he would be hard pressed to pass up an opportunity to shine in front of an enormous national tv audience. Even if his advisors urge him not to debate, I don't think he could pass it up, but it is a possibility.

81Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/29/2019, 7:59 pm

bigdog

It's kind of hard to imagine that Deus is really a serious person. I wonder if he's somebody doing a parody of a Neanderthal just to entertain himself.

Harris is very intelligent, obviously, and might make a good president. I don't know her well enough though. I do know that the "I was a poor little African American child" in Berkeley, California didn't make much of an impression on me. It's obvious that she wants to make the most mileage she can out of both the race card and the woman card, and if she is actually as superior a person as I think she may very well be, she shouldn't have to stoop to those things. They definitely turn away the other party, and if you have merits, then by God, run on them. I won't vote for anyone because of their sex or their race, nor will I vote against anyone for the same reasons.
Just like Obama, if she is an obviously outstanding person, it will come out during the primaries. But if she keeps discussing busing in the 1970's, she's going to have a hard time getting my support. That's very old news. Most voters don't have a clue what busing was even about anymore.

82Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 12:47 pm

Deus X

Deus X

bigdog wrote:It's kind of hard to imagine that Deus is really a serious person.

"Shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from your world wearied flesh."

83Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 4:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

The high heel he used to be will be ground down.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Heel_c12

84Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 4:34 pm

bigdog

Deus X wrote:
bigdog wrote:It's kind of hard to imagine that Deus is really a serious person.

"Shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from your world wearied flesh."

Hmm. That made no sense as a response to what I said at all.
"Shake the yoke of inauspicious stars" would seem to mean to stop blaming the stars, or fate, for the bad things that are happening to you.
Since my life is actually somewhere between good and excellent right now, I don't blame the stars for anything. I do blame the Republican party, stupid voters, Bernie or Bust non-voters and others for the dangerous, insane occupant of the White House.
"your world wearied flesh" is pretty much self explanatory. That one works because it is actually part true. I am not young anymore. The problem is that I am anything BUT weary of the world, not being the type to be so certain there is anything else to look forward to. I have enough to look forward to with a still healthy husband, a camper and two dogs to travel across the country with anytime the mood strikes us.It's exactly what Americans dream of doing when they retire. Oh, and our kids still like us.

So, I'll let other people say they are tired of life. I doubt I ever will be.
Try not to project your feelings onto other people. Anybody that hates women as much as you do has to have some deeply ingrained mommy problems. A lot of people didn't have perfect mommies Deus, I didn't either. Try growing up and getting over it. It is very liberating.

That will be $225.00 for the session. I'll send you my bill by PM Very Happy

Your quote is as non-sensical as you are.

85Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 5:12 pm

bigdog

Btw, the latest polling, taken after the debate, showed Biden at 33%, Sanders at 19%, with Warren and Harris now tied for third place at 12%.

That's from Politico and Morning Consult

So much for Harris kicking Biden's arse in the debate. She's still 21% points behind him. Teflon Joe still leads handily.

86Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 5:40 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:

That will be $225.00 for the session. I'll send you my bill by PM Very Happy

lol!   lol!   lol!

87Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 6:17 pm

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Btw, the latest polling, taken after the debate, showed Biden at 33%, Sanders at 19%, with Warren and Harris now tied for third place at 12%.

That's from Politico and Morning Consult

So much for Harris kicking Biden's arse in the debate. She's still 21% points behind him. Teflon Joe still leads handily.

The race is just starting. Let's wait and see how Slow Joe holds up at the finish line.

88Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 6:34 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

The first shot to the foot. There's no way he'll make it to the nomination.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/30/politics/joe-biden-pushback-gay-rights-waiter-comment-seattle/index.html

89Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 6/30/2019, 6:59 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote: Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Trump_24

90Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/1/2019, 8:30 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Biden plummets, Harris vaults to second in major poll

The California senator slid into second place in a new national poll from CNN, with Joe Biden still leading.

Kamala Harris has rocketed into the top tier of the Democratic presidential primary, while Joe Biden’s once double-digit lead has crumbled in a national poll taken after last week’s debate.

The CNN/SRSS poll, which was released on Monday and conducted entirely after the first two Democratic presidential primary debates last week, has Harris, the California senator in second place, among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents who are registered to vote, at 17 percent.

Harris' surge places her firmly within the top tier, which now consists of four candidates. Biden still sits at the top of the pack with 22 percent, but his once-commanding lead has eroded significantly. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is in third with 15 percent, followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders’ 14 percent.

Both Harris and Warren saw sizable jumps in their support over a previous CNN national poll, taken at the end of May. Harris went up 9 points, from 8 percent in May, and Warren rose by 8 points, from 7 percent in May.

The largest drop came from Biden. He was at 32 percent in the May poll, 10 points ahead of where he polled now. Sanders slipped slightly by 4 points, which is within the poll’s margin of error.

The drop is steep from the top four candidates to South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who is in a distant fifth place at 4 percent. Sen. Cory Booker and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke each have 3 percent, and Sen. Amy Klobuchar has 2 percent, the last candidate above that mark.

Biden is still the leader among black voters, 36 percent to 24 percent for Harris, but his advantage with what had been his strongest cohort is diminished. Among white voters, the top four candidates are essentially tied: 20 percent for Biden, 17 percent for Harris, 16 percent for Warren and 15 percent for Sanders.

Biden is particularly hurt in the horse race polling with young voters. Just 13 percent of voters under 45 pick him as their choice to be the nominee. Sanders leads with voters under 45 with 21 percent, followed by Harris' 18 percent and Warren's 17 percent.

Among older voters, Biden is still on top. For voters 45 and older, Biden is at 29 percent, followed by Harris' 17 percent, Warren's 13 percent and Sanders' 8 percent.

Harris' rise comes after a strong debate performance last week in Miami, where she confronted Biden over his record on racial issues, including his comments about segregationist Senate colleagues and past opposition to federally mandated busing.

But despite the strong ratings for the debate, a majority of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents say they did not watch the debate. Forty-two percent said they watched either "all or most" of both or one debate, while 57 percent said they did not tune in for either. Of the nonwatchers, 36 percent did say they paid close attention to news stories after the debate.

Americans are divided on health care, as well. When all adults were asked if the government should provide a national health insurance program "for all Americans, even if this would require higher taxes" a majority — 56 percent — support it, with 40 percent disapproving of the idea. But of that 56 percent, more say it should not completely replace private health insurance, 32 percent, with 21 percent saying it should.

On stage, Sanders and Harris both raised their hand when asked who would abolish private health insurance in favor of a government-only plan, only for Harris to backtrack, saying she misunderstood the question.

This poll counts to qualify candidates for both the second round of Democratic debates at the end of this month and the third round of debates in September. Currently, 21 candidates qualify for the second debate — the 20 candidates who debated last week, plus Montana Gov. Steve Bullock. But the Democratic National Committee has said it will limit the round to 20 candidates, meaning at least one qualifying candidate will be excluded.

This was the first poll that counts towards qualification for the September debate. To qualify, candidates must hit 2 percent in four DNC-approved polls, and receive donations from 130,000 supporters. So far, seven candidates have publicly said they’ve crossed the donor mark: Biden, Buttigieg, Harris, O’Rourke, Sanders, Warren and entrepreneur Andrew Yang.

The poll surveyed 656 Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents with live interviewers from June 28-30. The margin of error is plus or minus 4.7 percentage points.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/01/harris-warren-debate-poll-1392964

91Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/1/2019, 10:35 pm

Sal

Sal

Biden is in trouble.

92Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 5:19 am

bigdog

It definitely seems that Harris race card ploy worked. I wouldn't say race card if I were talking about Booker, but Harris is using the fact that she had an Indian mother and a Jamaican father to push herself forward. The news media loves her, but she has some questionable activities in her past.
First of all, she moved to Canada at the age of 7, so she did not experience the same life that African Americans did here in the US. She was with her Indian mother, who had left her Jamaican father, and her family was very well-to-do. So the poor little African American girl thing will be pounced on by the right immediately, and justly so.
Both she and Mayor Willie Brown, who is 30 years older than her, have admitted to having an affair for several years. He was still married, though separated at the time, and during that time he says he helped her get her career started with political appointments she wouldn't have gotten otherwise.That is also going to be fodder for the heads on Fox News should she get the nomination.
Her grandstanding at the debate may help her in the polls, but after learning her real past, it lowers her in my esteem. She's pretending to be something she never was and if she gets the nomination, Trump will be all over it.

93Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 8:01 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

She claimed to have been in the second integrated/bussed class... but California was integrating in 1963 and she wasn't born until 1964.

94Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 8:02 am

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:It definitely seems that Harris race card ploy worked. I wouldn't say race card if I were talking about Booker, but Harris is using the fact that she had an Indian mother and a Jamaican father to push herself forward. The news media loves her, but she has some questionable activities in her past.
First of all, she moved to Canada at the age of 7, so she did not experience the same life that African Americans did here in the US. She was with her Indian mother, who had left her Jamaican father, and her family was very well-to-do. So the poor little African American girl thing will be pounced on by the right immediately, and justly so.
Both she and Mayor Willie Brown, who is 30 years older than her, have admitted to having an affair for several years. He was still married, though separated at the time, and during that time he says he helped her get her career started with political appointments she wouldn't have gotten otherwise.That is also going to be fodder for the heads on Fox News should she get the nomination.
Her grandstanding at the debate may help her in the polls, but after learning her real past, it lowers her in my esteem. She's pretending to be something she never was and if she gets the nomination, Trump will be all over it.

And, did you know her husband is .... WHITE??

affraid

Maybe, you should vote for Jill Stein, snowflake.

95Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 8:18 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:She claimed to have been in the second integrated/bussed class... but California was integrating in 1963 and she wasn't born until 1964.

This is parroting a debunked Gateway Pundit article.

Way to go, Tucker.

Rolling Eyes

96Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 8:21 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:She claimed to have been in the second integrated/bussed class... but California was integrating in 1963 and she wasn't born until 1964.

Way to go, Tucker.

Rolling Eyes

It's funny how similar the truth sounds to the truth. Rolling Eyes

97Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 9:19 am

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote: Anybody see my brain?.

Way to go, Tucker.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Pkr_tu15
[/quote]
[/quote]

98Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 9:38 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:It definitely seems that Harris race card ploy worked. I wouldn't say race card if I were talking about Booker, but Harris is using the fact that she had an Indian mother and a Jamaican father to push herself forward. The news media loves her, but she has some questionable activities in her past.

If Biden is too feeble to take on Harris just imagine what Trump will do to Slow Joe. I'm sure Trump and his handlers are already all over this.

99Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 11:18 am

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:

Way to go, Tucker.

Rolling Eyes

It's funny how similar the truth sounds to the truth.  Rolling Eyes

NOT A WORD OF TRUTH IN IT.   ADMIT IT FOR A FRIGGIN' CHANGE!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/politics/fact-check-kamala-harris-busing-in-berkeley/index.html

California-based radio host Larry Elder and others, citing a post on the conspiracy-minded conservative website Gateway Pundit, accused her of lying about her school's integration history.
She was not lying. In fact, the school district confirmed her claim to CNN.

Facts First: Harris was indeed part of the second integrated class at Berkeley's Thousand Oaks Elementary School: she entered school in 1969, and the plan to desegregate the school was implemented in 1968.
"Thousand Oaks Elementary, along with all Berkeley public elementary schools, were integrated through a two-way busing plan, beginning in 1968, so Senator Harris is correct in describing her experience in 1969 as the second year of the busing integration program," Natasha Beery, director of community relations for the Berkeley Unified School District, said in an email on Friday.

Stand up and be a man, Pkr.   ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG.

100Democrats Debate lineup - Page 4 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/2/2019, 11:20 am

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:

Stand up and be a man, Pkr.   ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG.

Oh, please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum