Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 20]

276Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/15/2019, 4:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal, you are pathetic! Do you honestly believe anyone cares what you think?

277Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/15/2019, 5:56 pm

RealLindaL

I used to care. Not sure anymore. Not that HE cares.

278Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/15/2019, 6:11 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
You can call it bias or whatever you wish; I call it personal judgment, to which I have a perfect right.  

I also happen to trust my judgment (far more than I do yours) -- and it has nothing whatever to do with the gender of any candidate.

Well, when your only criticism is a rather subjective objection to her style, I don't know what else to call it other than bias.

I like her style.

But, then I've always been attracted to smart, opinionated women who are willing to fight for the principals they believe in.

I understand that some people find those qualities off-putting.

That's unfortunate.

OMG Sal you become more and more arrogantly patronizing as time goes on.

Look, I'm not going to waste further time on this except to say:

1.  Based on your own description of women you've "always been attracted to," you would've loved me in my pioneering career years.  I fought not only for PRINCIPLES, but for myself, for equal pay and authority, and thus for the women who came after me in a male-dominated industry.

2.  I'm not 100% with Warren on policy, but yes, the thing that bothers me the most is her demeanor (your "style"), since precisely what this nation needs is a UNITER in chief, and she simply does not come across to me as anyone who has the slightest chance of bringing this nation's people back together.   Maybe no one does, but certainly not Warren.

I don't think anyone can bring the nations people back together. Not after Trump. So if nobody can, why not give Warren, or Harris or Booker a shot? Can't hurt worse than the open wound we've suffered with since 2016. Maybe the country has had enough of tired feeble old men, let's give some new blood a shot like we did with Obama. It may just work again.

Sorry for delayed response, Tel - I had trouble going back and finding your post, which I'd not intended to ignore but things got away from me. The problem is, unless the polls change drastically (which they could), Biden is apparently our best shot to defeat Trump, and that's because he's enough of a centrist not to scare away the multitude of independents and disaffected Republicans who will vote against Trump if the alternative is not too far left or otherwise too much of an unknown entity. That's it in a nutshell! It's ALL ABOUT defeating Trump at this juncture, and if a "feeble old man" (B.S., btw) is the only one who can do it, more power to him. Let him bring in "new blood" as his veep co-runner, as long as the two of them are able to work together effectively.

Thank you, btw, for your thoughtful post.

Again, as Sal has pointed out, this could change over time. Stay tuned.

279Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/15/2019, 6:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:I used to care.  Not sure anymore.   Not that HE cares.

It’s just sad to feel the need to respond with such hatefulness!

280Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/15/2019, 8:18 pm

bigdog

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
You can call it bias or whatever you wish; I call it personal judgment, to which I have a perfect right.  

I also happen to trust my judgment (far more than I do yours) -- and it has nothing whatever to do with the gender of any candidate.

Well, when your only criticism is a rather subjective objection to her style, I don't know what else to call it other than bias.

I like her style.

But, then I've always been attracted to smart, opinionated women who are willing to fight for the principals they believe in.

That's unfortunate.

1.  Based on your own description of women you've "always been attracted to," you would've loved me in my pioneering career years.  I fought not only for PRINCIPLES, but for myself, for equal pay and authority, and thus for the women who came after me in a male-dominated industry.

2.  I'm not 100% with Warren on policy, but yes, the thing that bothers me the most is her demeanor (your "style"), since precisely what this nation needs is a UNITER in chief, and she simply does not come across to me as anyone who has the slightest chance of bringing this nation's people back together.   Maybe no one does, but certainly not Warren.

I don't think anyone can bring the nations people back together. Not after Trump. So if nobody can, why not give Warren, or Harris or Booker a shot? Can't hurt worse than the open wound we've suffered with since 2016. Maybe the country has had enough of tired feeble old men, let's give some new blood a shot like we did with Obama. It may just work again.

Sorry for delayed response, Tel - I had trouble going back and finding your post, which I'd not intended to ignore but things got away from me.  The problem is, unless the polls change drastically (which they could), Biden is apparently our best shot to defeat Trump, and that's because he's enough of a centrist not to scare away the multitude of independents and disaffected Republicans who will vote against Trump if the alternative is not too far left or otherwise too much of an unknown entity.  That's it in a nutshell!  It's ALL ABOUT defeating Trump at this juncture, and if a "feeble old man" (B.S., btw)  is the only one who can do it, more power to him.  Let him bring in "new blood" as his veep co-runner, as long as the two of them are able to work together effectively.

Again, as Sal has pointed out, this could change over time.  Stay tuned.
That's an excellent post and makes perfect sense to most people, I think.  I also think that though  Biden may not totally unite this country,  he will definitely drive the Trumpster roaches back underground where they belong.
I'd still like to see Booker run as his VP, and some of the other nominees who are further to the left would be fine as well. At this point, I obviously don't favor Ms Harris, but I suspect she's eliminated herself from any chance of that already.
Very logical, as you state, Biden should be the choice.

With me, it has nothing to do with Logic. I like Joe Biden, have liked Joe Biden for a very long time, and have been waiting around since 2008 for him to run again.I've always thought he was presidential material, and as a person, he has a lot of courage and character. So, I don't care about the logic, but you are spot on, he is also the logical choice.

As for Sal and Telstar, once anyone labels me a Republican it will probably not happen that I'll be trusting many of their opinions again. To me, that's the ultimate insult. 
Not that they care what I think of their opinions anyway. 
I do think it's really odd if they are progressives and love to make comments to women about "waxing down there." That was Telstar, but Sal can be extremely offensive as well. His comment about the death of forum members being caused by obesity was particularly vile and uncalled for. And these were NOT my friends that he was talking about. Exactly the opposite. But human decency used to have some limits before the Trump era, if I remember right. 
none of that stuff  sounds respectful of women to me. A lot of Southern racist men would probably whip some asses of anybody who would say that about their wives or their mothers.  Just sayin' there are some real advantages to having been born down here, all politics aside.

281Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 10:39 am

Sal

Sal

Biden continues to fade, and Warren and Harris continue to surge in the latest polling.

Biden only up 3 now in NH.

And this is not a good look, not to mention unsustainable ....

Joe Biden raised more than one-third of his early campaign cash from donors who gave the maximum allowable amount, helping the former vice president rack up $22 million in the second quarter but opening him to criticism in a Democratic primary that has placed a high premium on support from small-dollar contributors.

Biden raised money in $2,800 increments while making frequent stops to glad-hand at the homes of rich donors, some of whom have known him for decades. He brought in more money from "max-out" supporters than rival Pete Buttigieg, whose $24.8 million haul topped Biden and the rest of the Democratic field in the second quarter. Buttigieg took in $4.8 million in checks from donors giving him the maximum contribution during the last three months.

Biden’s big money haul reflects his sway with some of the country’s most influential donors and fundraisers. It also shows a potential shortcoming for his campaign: He can’t return to donors who already gave his campaign the $2,800 maximum and ask for more, while rivals who are raising more checks in $10 and $20 increments can keep returning to small-dollar donors over the course of the primary.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/16/biden-2020-donors-primary-1416544

282Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 10:48 am

Sal

Sal

Best news is that Sanders is fading even faster than Joe ...

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Captur18

283Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 11:09 am

zsomething

Sal wrote:Best news is that Sanders is fading even faster than Joe ...

Bernie really needs to go away. His ego won't let him, though. He's going to hang around long after it's hopeless and he'll get more venomous to try to stay in, just like he did last time. Bernie's never helped anybody but Bernie.

284Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 12:04 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I like her style.

That's unfortunate.

Sorry for delayed response, Tel - I had trouble going back and finding your post, which I'd not intended to ignore but things got away from me.  The problem is, unless the polls change drastically (which they could), Biden is apparently our best shot to defeat Trump, and that's because he's enough of a centrist not to scare away the multitude of independents and disaffected Republicans who will vote against Trump if the alternative is not too far left or otherwise too much of an unknown entity.  That's it in a nutshell!  It's ALL ABOUT defeating Trump at this juncture, and if a "feeble old man" (B.S., btw)  is the only one who can do it, more power to him.  Let him bring in "new blood" as his veep co-runner, as long as the two of them are able to work together effectively.

Again, as Sal has pointed out, this could change over time.  Stay tuned.

That's an excellent post and makes perfect sense to most people, I think.  I also think that though  Biden may not totally unite this country,  he will definitely drive the Trumpster roaches back underground where they belong.
I'd still like to see Booker run as his VP, and some of the other nominees who are further to the left would be fine as well. At this point, I obviously don't favor Ms Harris, but I suspect she's eliminated herself from any chance of that already.
Very logical, as you state, Biden should be the choice.

With me, it has nothing to do with Logic. I like Joe Biden, have liked Joe Biden for a very long time, and have been waiting around since 2008 for him to run again.I've always thought he was presidential material, and as a person, he has a lot of courage and character. So, I don't care about the logic, but you are spot on, he is also the logical choice.

As for Sal and Telstar, once anyone labels me a Republican it will probably not happen that I'll be trusting many of their opinions again. To me, that's the ultimate insult. 
Not that they care what I think of their opinions anyway. 
I do think it's really odd if they are progressives and love to make comments to women about "waxing down there." That was Telstar, but Sal can be extremely offensive as well. His comment about the death of forum members being caused by obesity was particularly vile and uncalled for. And these were NOT my friends that he was talking about. Exactly the opposite. But human decency used to have some limits before the Trump era, if I remember right. 
none of that stuff  sounds respectful of women to me. A lot of Southern racist men would probably whip some asses of anybody who would say that about their wives or their mothers.  Just sayin' there are some real advantages to having been born down here, all politics aside.

Thanks for all you said here, bigdog.   Agree with and/or understand virtually everything -- including, for the record, that I, too, would love  to see a Biden/Booker ticket, but everyone seems to be clamoring for a woman for a woman's sake.    To me, that's just as sexist as the opposite tack.  

And yes, Tel's and Sal's rancid comments are indeed "odd" and unhelpful.  Still, at least Tel is more often becoming a valid contributor to the conversation now, and Sal has toned it down some.   I'm grateful for both.

As for Biden, I like the man well enough and agree he's a solid good person (a rarity among politicians), but I continually worry about his putting his foot in his mouth, which naturally makes me a little concerned about his native intelligence.  HOWEVER, I have NO doubt that, since his ego won't get in the way like it does all the time with our resident narcissist, that, contrary to Trump's practice, Biden will surround himself with nothing but the cream of the crop in his cabinet level and below personnel, will support his own selected people, and will avail himself of all the knowledge, experience and excellence in that inner circle. The nation will be safer AND saner.

285Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 4:36 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
but everyone seems to be clamoring for a woman for a woman's sake.    To me, that's just as sexist as the opposite tack.  

As for Biden, I like the man well enough and agree he's a solid good person (a rarity among politicians), but I continually worry about his putting his foot in his mouth, which naturally makes me a little concerned about his native intelligence.  

In the very same post you worry about your preferred candidate's "native intelligence", and make the claim that people are "clamoring for a woman for a woman's sake", when Warren is without question the most intelligent candidate in the field and Harris crushed your preferred candidate in the first debate.

Cognitive dissonance much?

You should do some soul searching.

286Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 5:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/7/16/1872163/-Daily-Kos-Democratic-presidential-primary-straw-poll-One-year-out-from-the-convention-edition?detail=emailaction

287Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 5:59 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:You should do some soul searching.

And you should ditch your ceaseless judgmentalism, which does your cause absolutely no good whatsoever.  In fact it's a big turn-off, not endearing anyone to you or your favored candidates.   Use tact much?

Oh, and just in case you weren't smart enough to comprehend my post, I was clearly indicating that high intelligence is NOT necessarily the top line item in my book.  Get it, Sal??

288Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 6:48 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
Oh, and just in case you weren't smart enough to comprehend my post, I was clearly indicating that high intelligence is NOT necessarily the top line item in my book.

No shit ...

... sex obviously is.

289Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/16/2019, 8:56 pm

bigdog

Floridatexan wrote:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/7/16/1872163/-Daily-Kos-Democratic-presidential-primary-straw-poll-One-year-out-from-the-convention-edition?detail=emailaction
FT, that's an internet straw poll, asking people to vote online.

Those are completely meaningless. I rarely, if ever, go to the Daily Kos website anymore, and it doesn't surprise me that those that do prefer Elizabeth Warren over the other candidates.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

Real clear politics is the best place to keep up with the latest polling, they keep a track on all the legitimate national polls. The latest shows Biden at 32 with Sanders at 19, Warren at 14, and Harris at 13. Ms Harris' bump is over.
Biden is up by 13 points over the rest of the pack again, in polls both yesterday and today.
Just a little reality check.

And it is not sexist to NOT base your choice for president on sex. Just the opposite in fact. Pure logic tells you that.
Saying it's time for a certain sex or even a certain race to be POTUS, or even a certain age, btw, so long as all the candidates are of sound mind, is an unfair, discriminatory way to pick a candidate.
I want the best candidate vs Donald Trump. That's what every Dem should want right now.

290Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/17/2019, 2:21 am

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Oh, and just in case you weren't smart enough to comprehend my post, I was clearly indicating that high intelligence is NOT necessarily the top line item in my book.

No shit ...

... sex obviously is.

No, you're not listening to me at all, sir:  THE LIKELIHOOD OF DEFEATING TRUMP IS LINE ITEM #1 FOR ME, and I'm still convinced, even though there's some current movement in the polls, that so far Biden is our best bet to accomplish that CRITICALLY IMPORTANT goal.  You don't agree; that's your prerogative.  But clearly implying I'm sexist because my first choice differs from yours is just plain warped.

As for females supposedly being a problem for me, why, then, did I vote for Hillary Clinton, pray tell?

Oh, never mind responding; you'd likely just provide some twisted response from your totally misguided judgments about me.   You know, Sal, you and I used to get along fine -- I often applauded your posts -- and I have no earthly idea who or what put a bug up your a**, but it's a rotten damned shame and you are seriously mistaken about me.  SERIOUSLY!!  So just cut it the hell out and quit contributing to the frigging circular firing squad that will sink the liberal ship faster than you can say Elizabeth Warren.

291Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/17/2019, 2:27 am

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:
And it is not sexist to NOT base your choice for president on sex. Just the opposite in fact. Pure logic tells you that.
Saying it's time for a certain sex or even a certain race to be POTUS, or even a certain age, btw, so long as all the candidates are of sound mind, is an unfair, discriminatory way to pick a candidate.
I want the best candidate vs Donald Trump. That's what every Dem should want right now.

cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers  cheers   cheers    cheers    cheers    cheers    cheers    cheers

Wrote my last post before reading yours.  Nice to be on the same, LOGICAL page with you (I would only add that the desire to get rid of Trump is not confined to Dems).  Thanks also for clarifying the latest poll trends.

__LL,  NPA

292Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/17/2019, 1:53 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
As for females supposedly being a problem for me, why, then, did I vote for Hillary Clinton, pray tell?

Because she's married to Bill?

I've heard it said that a gay man will be elected POTUS before a woman will because of a very real and very deep undercurrent of sexism in this country.

I didn't think so at first, but I'm beginning to think that it's true.

A lot of it is unconscious, unwitting and the result of implicit bias, but it's there.

It's apparent in the double standard used to evaluate the qualifications of candidates of different sexes and the language used to describe them.

You've demonstrated that double standard here on several occasions, whether you care to admit it or not.

I expected it from bigdog after she blithely commented some months ago about how she can't listen to news reports delivered from a female newscaster.

All you have to do is google "sexism bias in American politics", and you'll see that I'm far from alone in this analysis.

293Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/17/2019, 5:15 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

OMG, is that the best you can come up with??   It so happens that I was NOT a Bill Clinton fan in the least, but I'm sure that salient FACT will not move you one inch off your stubborn position in opposition to me, for WHATEVER reason you've decided to take that tack.

I hate to be saying this but it's become obvious you are perfectly PITIFUL in your blind, bloated arrogance.  I've now entirely lost any respect I ever had for you and your opinions.   I thought you were a thinking man, but the truth is you're nothing but a holier-than-thou jerk who only hears what he wants to hear, and what confirms his own preconceived notions, no matter how false or ill-conceived.  

If anyone needs to do any self-examination here, it's you, sir.  But it's obvious you're incapable of introspection, much less of valid consideration of anyone's position that isn't precisely your own.  

What a crying shame.

294Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/17/2019, 8:14 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

OMG, is that the best you can come up with??   It so happens that I was NOT a Bill Clinton fan in the least, but I'm sure that salient FACT will not move you one inch off your stubborn position in opposition to me, for WHATEVER reason you've decided to take that tack.

I hate to be saying this but it's become obvious you are perfectly PITIFUL in your blind, bloated arrogance.  I've now entirely lost any respect I ever had for you and your opinions.   I thought you were a thinking man, but the truth is you're nothing but a holier-than-thou jerk who only hears what he wants to hear, and what confirms his own preconceived notions, no matter how false or ill-conceived.  

If anyone needs to do any self-examination here, it's you, sir.  But it's obvious you're incapable of introspection, much less of valid consideration of anyone's position that isn't precisely your own.  

What a crying shame.

That first line from my post was typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

The rest of my post, that you conveniently ignored, was not.

295Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/17/2019, 8:44 pm

bigdog

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I've heard it said that a gay man will be elected POTUS before a woman will because of a very real and very deep undercurrent of sexism in this country.

I didn't think so at first, but I'm beginning to think that it's true.

A lot of it is unconscious, unwitting and the result of implicit bias, but it's there.

It's apparent in the double standard used to evaluate the qualifications of candidates of different sexes and the language used to describe them.

You've demonstrated that double standard here on several occasions, whether you care to admit it or not.

I expected it from bigdog after she blithely commented some months ago about how she can't listen to news reports delivered from a female newscaster.

All you have to do is google "sexism bias in American politics", and you'll see that I'm far from alone in this analysis.
First of all, what I said was that I prefer male newscasters to females because I like the sound of men's voices more than women's. It has nothing to do with intelligence. I am particularly attracted to certain men's voices, in fact, and men's voices and their eyes are the most attractive parts of their bodies to me. Matter of fact, a man can be totally unattractive in every other way, but if I like their voice and eyes, I really don't care. Voices are my thing. 
 I see no reason to apologize for being a sexual being, because all humans are.  I preferred watching the men in movies more than the women when I was 4 or 5 years old, and I actually LOOKED at little boys in a different way than little girls. Are you shocked????Don't piss me off by lying and tell me you wouldn't rather see a beautiful woman reporting the news than Brian Williams. Because unless you're gay or asexual, you'd be a liar.
All that is why I know gay people have to be born that way, BTW. Sexual preferences go way, way back in our lives.
Nevertheless, I do know the difference in a newscaster and a POTUS. I do not choose what candidate to support based on sex. I voted for Hillary, not because she had a handsome husband (which she does) but because she was the most qualified candidate to run for that office in probably 40 years.
  As for a gay man being elected POTUS before a woman, for fuck's sake, how many times do I have to say Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes than Donald Trump?  You refuse to accept that Americans wanted her instead of Trump. That's extremely DISRESPECTFUL of you Sal.  She's a woman. She won the vote. But you and all the progressives totally ignore that fact and claim something's wrong with the party. You belittle Ms Clinton and her efforts every single time you go there.   Sexist? Huh?
Or just too "progressive" to admit a centrist actually won the last election, just like the last 4 or 5 Democratic presidents of my lifetime were also centrists.  I'll take that back, Jimmy Carter may have been more of a progressive, but he will not go down In history as a great president either. 
It suits you to say she was a failure. That's a hateful, sexist attitude.

Last edited by bigdog on 7/17/2019, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

296Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/18/2019, 2:03 am

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
That first line from my post was typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

The rest of my post, that you conveniently ignored, was not.

"Tongue in cheek" is always an easy out -- it was patently flippant, is what it was.

As for the rest of your post's having being ignored - hardly.   I read every word and it only supported and confirmed everything I sadly ended up concluding about you and your deeply disappointing misjudgment of, and consequent attacks on, me -- all of which you conveniently ignored.

(Why am I not surprised?)

297Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/18/2019, 8:53 am

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:
First of all, what I said was that I prefer male newscasters to females because I like the sound of men's voices more than women's. It has nothing to do with intelligence. I am particularly attracted to certain men's voices, in fact, and men's voices and their eyes are the most attractive parts of their bodies to me. Matter of fact, a man can be totally unattractive in every other way, but if I like their voice and eyes, I really don't care. Voices are my thing. 
 I see no reason to apologize for being a sexual being, because all humans are.  I preferred watching the men in movies more than the women when I was 4 or 5 years old, and I actually LOOKED at little boys in a different way than little girls. Are you shocked????Don't piss me off by lying and tell me you wouldn't rather see a beautiful woman reporting the news than Brian Williams. Because unless you're gay or asexual, you'd be a liar.
All that is why I know gay people have to be born that way, BTW. Sexual preferences go way, way back in our lives.
Nevertheless, I do know the difference in a newscaster and a POTUS. I do not choose what candidate to support based on sex. I voted for Hillary, not because she had a handsome husband (which she does) but because she was the most qualified candidate to run for that office in probably 40 years.
  As for a gay man being elected POTUS before a woman, for fuck's sake, how many times do I have to say Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes than Donald Trump?  You refuse to accept that Americans wanted her instead of Trump. That's extremely DISRESPECTFUL of you Sal.  She's a woman. She won the vote. But you and all the progressives totally ignore that fact and claim something's wrong with the party. You belittle Ms Clinton and her efforts every single time you go there.   Sexist? Huh?
Or just too "progressive" to admit a centrist actually won the last election, just like the last 4 or 5 Democratic presidents of my lifetime were also centrists.  I'll take that back, Jimmy Carter may have been more of a progressive, but he will not go down In history as a great president either. 
It suits you to say she was a failure. That's a hateful, sexist attitude.

Were you drunk when you wrote this?

Not judging - just curious.

298Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/18/2019, 2:02 pm

bigdog

No, I wasn't.

I like to listen to men's voices more then I like to listen to women's voices.

Do you think Bogart would have been a star without his voice? 
He had a raspy voice and soft eyes. He was incredibly unattractive in every other way. But there's no denying that women loved Bogie.
Voices are as much an attraction to an intelligent woman as big abs are to women that aren't looking for much in a man.

And the script of the newscast will always be the same, regardless of whether it's a woman or a man reading it. So intelligence really doesn't matter one way or another. All things are pretty much equal, no matter whether it's a male or female newscaster.

At 5:30 at night, when I'm tired from my day,  I enjoy watching an attractive man read the news to me. Brian Williams is my favorite. He comes on later on MSNBC. I watch Rachel Maddow too, but I couldn't tell you what color her eyes are. Brian Williams' are blue, btw. 

I don't have to be drunk to say that. And it's not like I'm a man who only watches Fox news because Roger Ailes made his women newscasters wear skirts up to their arses. Their news is not true, therefore not equal to CNN or ABC or NBC. 
 All  things are not equal, either,  in the world of politics, so I do not choose what candidate I support by their sex. I supported Hillary over Bernie and the rest of the Dems that ran in 2016 because she was by far the best candidate for president. And if a woman is nominated this time, I'll support her too.

But I won't ever tell you that Elizabeth Warren's voice doesn't bother me. It always has. It's like she's always pleading for something. I think you are not listening with the same ear as a lot of other people or you'd see it too. 
Everything matters when you're running for POTUS, whether YOU like that or not.

And yeah, I do think that you super progressives who are leaping out to name all the things that caused us NOT to get elected last election are intentionally ignoring Hillary's 3 million vote majority. It suits you to say things are so awful you need to take over the party. It doesn't suit me, not yet.

299Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/18/2019, 2:51 pm

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:No, I wasn't.

I like to listen to men's voices more then I like to listen to women's voices.

Do you think Bogart would have been a star without his voice? 
He had a raspy voice and soft eyes. He was incredibly unattractive in every other way. But there's no denying that women loved Bogie.
Voices are as much an attraction to an intelligent woman as big abs are to women that aren't looking for much in a man.

And the script of the newscast will always be the same, regardless of whether it's a woman or a man reading it. So intelligence really doesn't matter one way or another. All things are pretty much equal, no matter whether it's a male or female newscaster.

At 5:30 at night, when I'm tired from my day,  I enjoy watching an attractive man read the news to me. Brian Williams is my favorite. He comes on later on MSNBC. I watch Rachel Maddow too, but I couldn't tell you what color her eyes are. Brian Williams' are blue, btw. 

I don't have to be drunk to say that. And it's not like I'm a man who only watches Fox news because Roger Ailes made his women newscasters wear skirts up to their arses. Their news is not true, therefore not equal to CNN or ABC or NBC. 
 All  things are not equal, either,  in the world of politics, so I do not choose what candidate I support by their sex. I supported Hillary over Bernie and the rest of the Dems that ran in 2016 because she was by far the best candidate for president. And if a woman is nominated this time, I'll support her too.

But I won't ever tell you that Elizabeth Warren's voice doesn't bother me. It always has. It's like she's always pleading for something. I think you are not listening with the same ear as a lot of other people or you'd see it too. 
Everything matters when you're running for POTUS, whether YOU like that or not.

And yeah, I do think that you super progressives who are leaping out to name all the things that caused us NOT to get elected last election are intentionally ignoring Hillary's 3 million vote majority. It suits you to say things are so awful you need to take over the party. It doesn't suit me, not yet.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Tenor

300Democrats Debate lineup - Page 12 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 7/18/2019, 5:09 pm

bigdog

BTW, I definitely did not play your clip. Jim Carey's voice is extremely annoying when he's doing comedy. In fact, pretty much all of his comedy is just annoying to me. 
He ain't a comedy genius.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum