Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob....update please

+12
Lisa12
Sal
Joanimaroni
Hallmarkgard
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
RealLindaL
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
knothead
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

201Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 2:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I have to have my first colonoscopy in about ten days. Thanks for all of the cringe worthy mental images... lol.

I dreaded the first one I had to have too.  But I have good news for you.
It is the easiest medical procedure you'll ever have.  They put you to sleep,  they do it,  and you wake up feeling absolutely no different than before.
Piece of cake.

202Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 3:04 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:I have to have my first colonoscopy in about ten days. Thanks for all of the cringe worthy mental images... lol.

Colonoscopy is nothing... Except the prep (not eating for 24 hours and cleaning yourself out) is a bitch. I've done two of those as well.

My first one, I reported to work the day before and started taking the clean-out prep stuff during the workday. Not smart..... I also went right back to work after the procedure...of course, after heading to the first fast food joint I could find and stuffing my face. I was smart when I did my second one several years later, and took two vacation days--one for the cleanout, and the second the day of the procedure.

I refused sedation for both of my colonoscopys. I got to watch the doctor do the whole thing on his monitor. For the first one, the doctor removed three polyps. I watched him grab the polyp with the tip of the endoscope, and zap it with a burst of energy, and watched this smoke pall rise up inside my colon. I couldn't feel anything, though.

For my second colonoscopy, the doc gave me a complimentary color photo of the inside of my colon. I would post a scanned copy of it, but I don't want to gross you all out with a photo of the inside of Z's colon.

It was important for me to have these done because my Mom died of colon cancer.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

203Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 3:10 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When I finished my first colonoscopy at the Endoscopy Center on Davis Highway, all of the nurses were in awe and whispering amongst themselves: "...He did it without sedation...." I felt like I was some sort of rock star or something.

I remember telling the girl at checkout to make sure my insurance company wasn't charged for the sedation, because I did not want to be stuck with an unnecessary amount in my copay.

204Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 3:12 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Okay, back to keeping this thread about Bob!!! Damn you Z for steering this thread in a different direction!

205Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 3:16 pm

knothead

knothead

For what it's worth pkr, the worse part to me is the prep . . . . the procedure is a walk in the park but that damn Go Lightly is not pleasant. Fear not!

206Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 3:47 pm

Thanks y'all.

It's just a routine screening... I was just kinda kidding around trying to lighten the load for you bunch of sickos... lol.

Again I appreciate all of you sharing.

207Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 4:03 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Okay, back to keeping this thread about Bob!!! Damn you Z for steering this thread in a different direction!

There's nothing more to post about me.  Now I'm just in standby mode until next Friday when they tell me what horrors are in store for me.  lol

208Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 4:12 pm

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Okay, back to keeping this thread about Bob!!! Damn you Z for steering this thread in a different direction!

LOL, I didn't mean that at all towards you Zman . . . . . I was feeling self conscious about my warts was my only point.

209Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 4:24 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:

For what it's worth pkr, the worse part to me is the prep . . . . the procedure is a walk in the park but that damn Go Lightly is not pleasant. Fear not!

Knot, don't know how long it's been since you had a colonoscopy, but most docs will offer a few different choices besides Go Lightly.  I used that on my first colonoscopy back in 2000 (needed due to family history), and through the succeeding five procedures have never agreed to drink that stuff again.  

Totally agree with all that the procedure itself is a piece of cake (well, it is with the twilight anesthesia; wouldn't care to do it awake myself though Katy Couric did).   And it's actually kind of fun to look forward to that "stuffing your face" part afterward -- any old excuse to eat is fine by me, especially when it's physician-sanctioned.     Smile

Bob, glad we can distract you with this OT stuff.   I'm thinking this coming week can't go fast enough for you.  And you are indeed doing us all a great service by keeping us in the loop!

210Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 6:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:

Bob, glad we can distract you with this OT stuff.   I'm thinking this coming week can't go fast enough for you.  And you are indeed doing us all a great service by keeping us in the loop!

If seaoat and I try to convey what it's like,  and then it happens to one of ya'll,  at least you'll have a little something to go on ahead of time.

211Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 6:15 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Donald Trump can say every cussword ever conceived,  including the F word,  the N word or any other.

But there is no more vile profanity in the entire language than the word cancer.

212Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/13/2016, 6:49 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll leave you with this and then I have to go.

What I did is a "peter jennings".  I remember it well when he said how stupid it was for him to take the habit back up after he'd quit.  

Eight years ago,  I quit smoking for three years.  But then I got up with a woman who smokes.  And it was just too much temptation.

But after thinking about it every which way there is to think about it,  the conclusion I've come to is best said by the last line in Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.

And some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know.  It's my own damn fault.

lol

213Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 1:45 am

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

If seaoat and I try to convey what it's like,  and then it happens to one of ya'll,  at least you'll have a little something to go on ahead of time.

Abso-positively so, and we thank you both for sharing.

214Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 1:47 am

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:Donald Trump can say every cussword ever conceived,  including the F word,  the N word or any other.

But there is no more vile profanity in the entire language than the word cancer.

AMEN.

215Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 1:55 am

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:I'll leave you with this and then I have to go.

What I did is a "peter jennings".  I remember it well when he said how stupid it was for him to take the habit back up after he'd quit.  

Eight years ago,  I quit smoking for three years.  But then I got up with a woman who smokes.  And it was just too much temptation.

But after thinking about it every which way there is to think about it,  the conclusion I've come to is best said by the last line in Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.

And some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know.  It's my own damn fault.

lol

Glad you can still laugh, but hope you're not beating yourself up too bad, Bob.   As you surely know, most cancers take many, many years to develop.  The forces were likely already at work no matter what you did or didn't do for the past five years.  I'm no expert but would bet those who are would tell you the exact same thing.   Ask 'em in Jax!

216Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 10:02 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:

Glad you can still laugh

I can laugh right now,  Linda,  because even though I have three different kinds of cancer,  I still have not felt the first symptom and have still never had any treatment of any kind.  In other words,  I still feel EXACTLY the way I did BEFORE I got the three kinds of cancer. 

But now the real test comes.  Let's see if I'm still laughing when I'm lying in ICU with a ventilator stuffed down my throat after they've cut part of my insides out.  Let's see if I'll still be laughing when they hook me up to that chemotherapy and all my hair falls out.  Actually since I'm mostly bald already I guess that one won't be so bad.  lol

217Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 11:34 am

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Glad you can still laugh

I can laugh right now,  Linda,  because even though I have three different kinds of cancer,  I still have not felt the first symptom and have still never had any treatment of any kind.  In other words,  I still feel EXACTLY the way I did BEFORE I got the three kinds of cancer. 

But now the real test comes.  Let's see if I'm still laughing when I'm lying in ICU with a ventilator stuffed down my throat after they've cut part of my insides out.  Let's see if I'll still be laughing when they hook me up to that chemotherapy and all my hair falls out.  Actually since I'm mostly bald already I guess that one won't be so bad.  lol

You CAN do this Bob!!!! Smile

218Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 1:04 pm

dumpcare

I hope after all this worrying you have endured they do a biopsy and it is just a benign tumor.

219Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 3:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:I hope after all this worrying you have endured they do a biopsy and it is just a benign tumor.
Me too, Ppaca, me too.

220Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 4:12 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ppaca wrote:
knothead wrote:ppaca, my apologies but what is up with you? You obviously had a procedure so please fill me in!

Just a cystoscopy to dialate and look at bladder. I should have had my wife go in with me this time, they gave me a shot in hip afterwards, I thought they said was antibiotic, I have no idea what it was for and it wasn't listed on receipt. I suppose I will see on EOB. Have to take antibiotics for 3 weeks which I hope can tolerate. Took them last summer and in December had c diff. They are also following a nodule on prostate, kidney stone that has been lodged 6 years on one kidney and a cyst on the other. I will have my yearly ultra sound on kidneys in June and 6 month PSA same time. He didn't feel last time I need biopsy because PSA was normal for 67 year old.  Not sure I want one anyway, I listen to my clients too much that have these things done that turn into horror stories.

My grandmother used to drink warm lemon water every morning, and my sister told me that she had dissolved a kidney stone by using Grandma's old home remedy. Try it, unless you have some other condition it might aggravate, like an ulcer. Can't hurt...and I know kidney stones can be seriously painful. (I had a kidney infection once that kept me in bed for a week).

221Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 4:50 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:
ppaca wrote:I hope after all this worrying you have endured they do a biopsy and it is just a benign tumor.
Me too, Ppaca, me too.

Make that three of us!  Wouldn't that be something!?  I'm not a praying person but have fingers and toes crossed for you, Bob.

222Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 7:31 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Me too, Ppaca, me too.

Make that three of us!  Wouldn't that be something!?  I'm not a praying person but have fingers and toes crossed for you, Bob.

Make it four of us!

223Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 7:56 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Make it five of us.  lol

Just kidding.  The good vibes I'm receiving from you all are giving me hope. 
Thanks,  I needed that.

224Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 8:02 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I did want to share some real irony with you though.
How odd would it be that cancer itself may be the thing that saves my life.  Or at least the thing which allows me to have more time.

So how is that,  you ask?  Well,  it's like this.
If I hadn't gotten that malignant melanoma skin cancer in the first place,  I would now have no clue that I had Lymphoma and a lung tumor growing inside me.  And it would have kept on growing without me or any doctor or anyone else knowing about it.  Which would have been VERY bad.

It was only because I got that skin cancer that I've been having CT scans for two and a half years.  Without those scans,  the lymphoma would have not been found and neither would the lung tumor which would probably have gotten several stages larger before it was discovered.

Thank you,  melanoma.

225Bob....update please - Page 9 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 9:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And now for something completely different.
If you thought that robotic surgeon was an impressive machine,  wait till you see this garbage truck eat a car.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum