Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob....update please

+12
Lisa12
Sal
Joanimaroni
Hallmarkgard
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
RealLindaL
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
knothead
Vikingwoman
2seaoat
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

226Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 9:29 pm

Hallmarkgard

Remind me one day to tell you the story about when I worked for the city the story about the Garbage truck and E st ..

227Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 9:48 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgard wrote:Remind me one day to tell you the story about when I worked for the city the story about the Garbage truck and E st ..

Now that's a story I want to hear. 

This thing blows my mind.  They call it the "engine biter".

Move the time slider up to the 2:00 mark,  that's where it starts biting the engines.  lol

228Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 10:01 pm

Hallmarkgard

One day I will take you down to Auto Shred..Here is one my Fieros going to the man in the sky  At the shredder the damn car comes out in little pieces. You can watch it from the Chico bridge or the marina. .LOLBob....update please - Page 10 2ptp4yw

229Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 10:25 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I had never seen a shredder in operation until I just saw this video.  It tears a Geo Metro into little bitty pieces.  lol

230Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/14/2016, 10:40 pm

Hallmarkgard

Auto Shred has one like this

231Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/19/2016, 3:13 am

RealLindaL

Bob, will be thinking of you tomorrow (Friday).  Wishing you a safe trip to Jax and back, and lots of very helpful, stress-reducing input from the experts.   Please let us know how it all goes.

232Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 7:27 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:Bob, will be thinking of you tomorrow (Friday).  Wishing you a safe trip to Jax and back, and lots of very helpful, stress-reducing input from the experts.   Please let us know how it all goes.

Thanks for caring,  Linda. 
The MD Anderson oncologist is in full agreement with the Sacred Heart doctor.
Because of the location of the tumor,  the bronchial biopsy is risky and might result in a collapsed lung.  
So now everyone is in agreement that removing the tumor with the wedge resection is the best course of action.  And hopefully it can be accomplished with the robotic surgery because that is a helluva lot easier on the patient than open lung surgery.  The Anderson oncologist is confident the da vinci can do it.  And because of the small size of the tumor he is also pretty confident that the cancer won't be found in the lymph nodes near the lung.  In which case the prognosis would be pretty good.  I hope that's the case.

233Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 7:30 am

cool1

cool1

I will pray for you Bob that all goes well for you.

234Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 9:01 am

Sounds positive, Bob. Cool

235Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 10:56 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Bob, will be thinking of you tomorrow (Friday).  Wishing you a safe trip to Jax and back, and lots of very helpful, stress-reducing input from the experts.   Please let us know how it all goes.

Thanks for caring,  Linda. 
The MD Anderson oncologist is in full agreement with the Sacred Heart doctor.
Because of the location of the tumor,  the bronchial biopsy is risky and might result in a collapsed lung.  
So now everyone is in agreement that removing the tumor with the wedge resection is the best course of action.  And hopefully it can be accomplished with the robotic surgery because that is a helluva lot easier on the patient than open lung surgery.  The Anderson oncologist is confident the da vinci can do it.  And because of the small size of the tumor he is also pretty confident that the cancer won't be found in the lymph nodes near the lung.  In which case the prognosis would be pretty good.  I hope that's the case.

Sounds good...prayers continue.

236Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 11:49 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:Sounds good...prayers continue.

Dittos on what Joanie said above....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

237Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 12:04 pm

Hallmarkgard

Good news... Mr Bob. Remember what I said if you need a ride or anything.....

238Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 2:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks,  everyone.  You are all very special folks.

239Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 4:32 pm

RealLindaL

Bob, I'm late to the board today but thank you for the summary of your second opinion session.  I'm so glad you can now see a clear path ahead, without hesitation about the local medical advice you received.  That's got to really be worth the trip and then some, yes?

So remind us again when your surgery is scheduled...?  March what?   Lots of waiting when it comes to cancer treatment.  One of the worst parts.   Will simply hope that by this time next year you'll be just fine, looking back on all of this with a smile, and looking forward to many healthy, happy years ahead.

240Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 4:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:Bob, I'm late to the board today but thank you for the summary of your second opinion session.  I'm so glad you can now see a clear path ahead, without hesitation about the local medical advice you received.  That's got to really be worth the trip and then some, yes?

So remind us again when your surgery is scheduled...?  March what?   Lots of waiting when it comes to cancer treatment.  One of the worst parts.   Will simply hope that by this time next year you'll be just fine, looking back on all of this with a smile, and looking forward to many healthy, happy years ahead.

The surgery will be March 7.  Yes,  after I left out of Jacksonville it was like a big load had been lifted off my mind.  Because before I went there I was unsure of what I was agreeing to.  But not any more.  Now I've done the "due diligence" so whatever happens will not happen because I didn't do what I needed to do to take care of my part of the bargain.

By the way,  I can give the highest recommendation there is about going to the Jax location of MD Anderson.  The oncologist I met with there was without a doubt the most impressive doctor of any kind I have ever encountered.  And when I told that to the checkout woman she smiled and said "all the doctors here are the very best there are".

241Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/20/2016, 10:59 pm

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Bob, I'm late to the board today but thank you for the summary of your second opinion session.  I'm so glad you can now see a clear path ahead, without hesitation about the local medical advice you received.  That's got to really be worth the trip and then some, yes?

The surgery will be March 7.  Yes,  after I left out of Jacksonville it was like a big load had been lifted off my mind.  Because before I went there I was unsure of what I was agreeing to.  But not any more.  Now I've done the "due diligence" so whatever happens will not happen because I didn't do what I needed to do to take care of my part of the bargain.

By the way,  I can give the highest recommendation there is about going to the Jax location of MD Anderson.  The oncologist I met with there was without a doubt the most impressive doctor of any kind I have ever encountered.  And when I told that to the checkout woman she smiled and said "all the doctors here are the very best there are".

Bob, having followed your situation I am proud both of you and FOR you that you now have a clear conscious by executing with Jax MSA and you also now have some mental relief about what is to come . . . . you are smart and you did good . . . . keep us posted along the way please!

242Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/21/2016, 2:54 am

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:The surgery will be March 7.  Yes,  after I left out of Jacksonville it was like a big load had been lifted off my mind.  Because before I went there I was unsure of what I was agreeing to.  But not any more.  Now I've done the "due diligence" so whatever happens will not happen because I didn't do what I needed to do to take care of my part of the bargain.

All very good to know, Bob.   Will file it away just in case, and doubtless others will, too.  

Am somewhat surprised Seaoat hasn't weighed in on these solid developments.  Sea, you OK out there?

243Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/21/2016, 1:14 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Hallmarkgard wrote:Lets see how this works  Say your wife doubles over in pain one afternoon while you are both working on a building project.  You rush her to the emergency room and they start to find out what is the matter. .... 

Not really related .... but we learned this:

If you have to go to the ER for pain or whatever .... tell 'em you fell. Then it's an "accident" and most insurance plans cover 100% of an ER visit it it stems from an "accident" that occurred.

Last time we said she tripped over the dog in the living room. ER co-pays .... zero!

244Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/21/2016, 3:52 pm

RealLindaL

EmeraldGhost wrote:Not really related ....  but we learned this:

If you have to go to the ER for pain or whatever .... tell 'em you fell.   Then it's an "accident" and most insurance plans cover 100% of an ER visit it it stems from an "accident" that occurred.

Last time we said she tripped over the dog in the living room.   ER co-pays .... zero!

So you're advocating lying to the hospital?  Lovely.

Have never heard of any 'accident copay waiver' or whatever it is you apparently have as a benefit.   My Medicare replacement insurance carries a $75 copay for every Medicare-covered ER visit, which copay, as far as I know, is only waived if the patient is immediately admitted to the hospital.

245Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/21/2016, 4:23 pm

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:

I added you to our prayer list at my church and will keep you in my prays daily. It seems there are so many people I know with cancer or are cancer survivors. May God bless you and your loved ones.

246Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/21/2016, 6:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:

I added you to our prayer list at my church and will keep you in my prays daily.  It seems there are so many people I know with cancer or are cancer survivors.  May God bless you and your loved ones.

How thoughtful.

247Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/22/2016, 8:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mine is a rather strange situation.
It's unlikely that the lung tumor is a result of either my Melanoma cancer or my Lymphoma cancer (blood cancer).  And instead means I now have contracted yet a third kind of cancer (lung cancer) and all three are unrelated.  And on top of that I don't really have much history of cancer on either side of my family. 

I asked the Jax oncologist how unusual it is for a patient to contract three different kinds of cancer.  He told me the only time he'd ever seen that was when it was a veteran.  He didn't explain but I assumed that's because vets are exposed to more carcinogens than others.

However,  believe it or not even though I've contracted three different kinds of cancer,  the chances are that neither of the three will be what ends up causing my demise. Why?
Because the Melanoma was found at stage 1 and dealt with.  The Lymphoma was found at stage 1 and the version I have is one of the most "indolent" (very slowly progressing) forms of cancer.  And the lung cancer will also be stage 1 if it hasn't entered the lymph system.  And the Jax oncologist says because of the very small size of the tumor when it was first detected he is confident it hasn't yet entered the lymph system.

What makes the whole situation even more bizarre is that getting one of the three cancers could be the only thing that will save my life. 

If I had not first contracted the Malignant Melanoma skin cancer,  I would not have have followed that up with the lymph node biopsy to see if it had progressed into the lymph system.

It was during that biopsy that my Lymphoma cancer was inadvertently discovered.  Since I'm still totally asymptomatic (without any symptoms),  if that melanoma biopsy had not been done,  neither I nor my doctors would have any clue that I have the Lymphoma.
And only because of that,  is why I have been receiving regular CT scans to monitor the progress of the Lymphoma.

It's only because I was receiving those regular scans is why the lung tumor was found so early.
If I had not contracted the initial Melanoma skin cancer,  that lung tumor would have gone undetected and would still be growing larger inside of me unbeknownst to me or the doctors.  And would have undoubtedly been what would cause my death.

And that's no exaggeration.  The wife of one of my oldest friends died of lung cancer when she was 57.   Her regular physical exams never gave the doctors any indication that she had the tumor.  It was discovered only after she started coughing all the time.  But by then the tumor was five times the size of what mine is now and had already metastasized into her liver. 

In the words of Minnie Minoso,  "Melanoma been velly velly good to me".  lol

248Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/22/2016, 8:41 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Since there is now almost a developing epidemic of "Lymphoma" cancer,  it's likely that someone reading this post will be told you've contracted it at some point.
You may be like me when that happens.  I didn't know shit from shinola about what the word "Lymphoma" meant when they told me I had it. 

What you will learn is that Lymphoma and Leukemia are essentially the same thing.  Both are blood cancer.
In fact my version of Lymphoma is called "CLL".  Which stands for "Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia". 

The only difference between the two is that when the blood cancer derives from the bone marrow,  it's referred to as Leukemia.  And when the blood cancer derives from your Lymph system,  they refer to it as Lymphoma.

It appears that the growing number of Lymphoma cases is being caused by the carcinogens being introduced into our food supply.
For example,  there is now certainty that there is a relationship between Lymphoma and the widely used Monsanto herbicide called Roundup. 
And it doesn't require that you actually be exposed to the Roundup itself.
So much Roundup is being used that it is now entering our food supply.

249Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/22/2016, 10:20 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm now going to tell you a story that you probably will find to be rather unbelievable because I would too.  But I assure you it's 100% true.

It happened about 15 or 20 years ago.  I responded to an ad in the Shopper about something that was being sold.
When I got to where this person lived,  somehow the conversation got around to me telling him my father worked a career at the local Monsanto plant.
Upon heaingr that,  he began to tell me he worked at Monsanto as well.  Except he didn't work at the Pensacola location where all they produced was nylon yarn for tires and carpeting.

He worked for Monsanto as an industrial Roundup representative (salesman).  He would call on commercial clients for Monsanto to sell them on Roundup.
But it's what he told me next which is so insane.  Monsanto had so convinced him that Roundup was perfectly safe,  that when he called on a client for the first time,  he would fill a glass with Roundup full strength (it's a liquid),  and literally drink the whole glass of it.
He even said "if you don't believe me I'll get out a bottle of it and drink it to show you". 
Suffice to say I had no interest in watching someone drink herbicide so told him no thanks.

Now that I've learned about the association between Roundup and Lymphoma,  I'd be willing to bet that this individual is eaten up with cancer.

250Bob....update please - Page 10 Empty Re: Bob....update please 2/22/2016, 10:46 am

2seaoat

Small is good. Please have a plan to have some folks assist you when you are in post op. Do NOT try to do this solo. I hope the robot can minimize your recovery, but be prepared if they have to conventionally resection the lung. I have been traveling and I am glad to hear what should be good news.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum