This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A quick update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A quick update on 3/26/2018, 3:57 pm

Haven’t posted in awhile but received some great news recently. My wife and I are expecting twins! Due in early October so we’re still very early in the process. Work has been increasingly busy as well with all sorts of major changes/shake-ups going on. Very little time in between to post on the forum. Plus given the current political climate, it’s almost better to just let the events just speak for themselves.

2 Re: A quick update on 3/26/2018, 4:28 pm

Congratulations..!! My twins just turned 19 the other day. You're in for a special gift. It really didn't seem that hard to raise two at once... but I'm sure there were trying days. Good luck with everything.

View user profile

3 Re: A quick update on 3/26/2018, 4:36 pm

Congratulations! Wow, twins... you're going to have your work cut out for you! But, it'll be worth it. Smile

View user profile

4 Re: A quick update on 3/26/2018, 5:29 pm

Terrific, exciting news, boards -- thanks so much for sharing!

Still miss seeing your input on the forum, but oh well. Just please keep it going! That's all we can ask.

View user profile

5 Re: A quick update on 3/26/2018, 5:52 pm

Congratulations....wonderful exciting news. Keep us updated on the pregnancy.

View user profile

6 Re: A quick update on 3/26/2018, 7:50 pm

Congratulations! I am so excited for your wife and you. This world needs more parents who are intelligent and caring, and the best part it is a twofer. I realize that children are the singular purpose of our existence and hard work with children makes a better society and maybe your twins will see the day in America where compassion and caring is returned. In the meantime get ready. When we had our first one, it was 2 against 1, but when the second one comes along the kids rule. Let us know your top five name selections if they are boys or girls. It does not seem that important, but a name is really important to a kid. My mother was Lucy Ellen which as soon as she got to Art school in Chicago it was Ellen. She hated that whole Billy Bob stuff growing up, and as a middle child she rebelled. With twins there are no middle child issues and after the first two years........the parents of twins just loved it. It is tough the first couple of years because you do not have a learning curve on parenting, and there are times twins can be overpowering. Hopefully, you have family and friends which can give you some relief.

View user profile

7 Re: A quick update on 3/26/2018, 10:35 pm

boards of FL wrote:Haven’t posted in awhile but received some great news recently.  My wife and I are expecting twins!  Due in early October so we’re still very early in the process.  Work has been increasingly busy as well with all sorts of major changes/shake-ups going on.  Very little time in between to post on the forum.  Plus given the current political climate, it’s almost better to just let the events just speak for themselves.  

Congratulations Boards.

View user profile

8 Re: A quick update on 3/26/2018, 10:48 pm

Btw... there was no way to tell them apart at first so we put a gold anklet on one and silver on the other.

Just a little twin tip... lol.

View user profile

9 Re: A quick update on 3/27/2018, 1:26 pm

Baie Geluk

Twins? Go to bed now and get some sleep.

View user profile

10 Re: A quick update on 3/27/2018, 9:16 pm

PkrBum wrote:Btw... there was no way to tell them apart at first so we put a gold anklet on one and silver on the other.

Just a little twin tip... lol.

Good one

View user profile

11 Re: A quick update on 3/28/2018, 8:20 am

Boards, I'm so happy for the 2 of you...soon to be 4! Make sure your wife: gets plenty of rest and good food (I know with your culinary skills the food part won't be a problem!)...kicks up her feet as much as possible...gets plenty of low impact exercise (I recommend water aerobics)...and takes her prenatal vitamins. Also be prepared for unexpected mood swings!

View user profile

12 Re: A quick update on 4/3/2018, 4:17 pm

We have picked out two boy and two girl names so far. For boys, it's Keegan and Liam. For girls it's Emma and Claire. I think we both like the boy names but we're not completely sold yet on the girl names. If we have one of each, it would probably be Keegan and Emma. Should find out the sexes at the next doctor visit which I think is in early May or late April.

13 Re: A quick update on 4/3/2018, 5:34 pm

Mine are daughters and we named them for their grandmothers. The funny thing is that they each named the other the cutest nicknames and they've stuck... lol.

View user profile

14 Re: A quick update on 4/3/2018, 6:27 pm

Awesome names.

View user profile

15 Re: A quick update on 4/5/2018, 8:12 am

It was so fun picking out names, but we went with names we grew up with and felt comfortable. Deborah and Thomas. We made Debbie bring little debbie treats on her birthday, and needless to say by fourth grade she was telling us to knock off the little debbie treats. Tom quickly became T-bone among his friends and as I fade I find it so exciting to see births and new beginnings. A name can be a curse. I knew a mother who named her son "Sir Marvin".....tough kid after living with that name.

View user profile

16 Re: A quick update on 6/8/2018, 5:11 pm

Well we found out the sexes of the twins and it turns out we wasted our time on coming up with boy names as we're having two girls. The names are going to be Ella and Julia.

17 Re: A quick update on 6/8/2018, 5:39 pm

Sweet, Boards. So good to see beautiful traditional names making something of a comeback -- never old, always new with each new life.
Thanks for sharing this little bit of your journey. Will look forward to hearing news of the happy event when the time arrives. All the best!

View user profile

18 Re: A quick update on 6/8/2018, 6:53 pm

A daughter is sweet, but two is better. They remain loyal into old age where boys are not as emotional and the new wife call the shots. Today a girl can do anything she wants. It is an exciting time.

View user profile

19 Re: A quick update on 6/9/2018, 12:12 am

"A son is a son until he takes a wife; a daughter is a daughter the rest of her life."

I have a son. I heartily agree with this old saw.

View user profile

20 Re: A quick update on 6/9/2018, 4:52 am

boards of FL wrote:Well we found out the sexes of the twins and it turns out we wasted our time on coming up with boy names as we're having two girls.  The names are going to be Ella and Julia.

I love the names...did you pick out the middle names?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum