Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged

+9
2seaoat
dumpcare
boards of FL
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Lisa12
Joanimaroni
Sal
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Vikingwoman wrote:Here's another reason why Oatie is right about the people in Pace.

I bought a two in one staple gun and staples in Lowe's about a month ago. The gun did cable wires and square staples. I went to use it the other night and discovered the square staples didn't fit. The salesguy is the one who gave me the staples for the gun. So I go in Lowe's to trade for the right size staples and couldn't find the size. So I call for the salesguy who looks and says "we don't sell those kind of guns I haven't seen one in four years. "So I go up to the customer service desk and tell them my story about buying the gun there and the guy saying they don't sell these guns. I ask her could she look up on my credit card and see that I purchased it there. She says she can't do anything like that so she calls the manager who calls the salesguy back up and they say could I have bought the gun at Home Depot? I say "no. I bought it here." Now I have a gun that is useless because I can't use it w/o staples. So the customer service woman asks for my credit card and tries to return the staples and it doesn't come up as purchased. The woman says" you didn't purchase that here." The salesguy says" I've never seen one like that in four years" again. All three are looking at me like I'm senile now and I quietly said "I bought the gun here." The manager says" well, bring in the gun and we'll look at it." I leave to go to my car and am thinking "are you senile?" Tonight it's a whole new set of people and I tell my story again only I brought my useless staple gun. The customer service girl immediately pulls up my credit card account and tells me the staple gun had been recalled which is why they don't have the staples and finds where I had purchased the gun. I said"I thought you couldn't pull up purchases and she says" yes, we can." She refunds it back and I said" so I'm not senile?" She says" pardon me?" I then said never mind and made a mental note the next time I saw that woman I would pull out that refund receipt.

sheeesh only in pace do sales people make mistakes lol

Vikingwoman wrote:Oh shad up all ya'll! Pace has it's morons but most of them are from Milton. Oatie is right. This place is a bastion of low class idiots!

pot meet kettle....

2seaoat wrote:Sorry intelligence is measurable and there are objective standards to do the same.   I have never in my life seen a cluster like I have seen in Pace.  Do you think it is about opinions or elitist attitude......nope, there is a serious problem with the intelligence drop in America, but it was verified a half hour ago after working for two hours in the heat, we decided to stop at sonic in Pace.  Order a shake and a water with their number one cheeseburger meal.  She brings everything out and asks us if want ketchup.  My wife says yes, but she does not hand us ketchup, and she forgot the water.  I ask her if I could have the water, she says yes and leaves.  We are almost done with the meal when the water arrives, and we again ask that we had asked for ketchup, and she leaves again and finally brings TEN packages of ketchup.  My wife and I just look at each other.  First, I have been a bus boy, dishwasher, and bartender, and I loved my jobs.  I always worked to make the customer get what they asked for in a timely manner.   Why would somebody come out with a tray and order without having the ketchup on the tray?  It could have been a mistake, but when she goes to get the water she forgot, she again did not bring out the ketchup.  She then came a third time with the ketchup basically after the meal was done and gives us fivefold what any customer would normally use.  Our bill was 16 bucks, and you pay when you get the order, and I told her to keep the twenty which was a 25% tip, so it is not like she was angry or we had offended her.   She just was not thinking and could not intelligently sequence her job which had few variables.  Sorry, it is an intelligence thing, and it is widespread and mind numbing.  It is not a matter of arrogance.   It is accepting objective standards of intelligence and job performance.  I honestly believe there has to be an environmental component to what we are seeing.  I cannot imagine a fortune five hundred company locating in Pace if it had to draw on the current workforce we have witnessed.  There is a serious problem which is totally being ignored.

life sucks for you, you hate it all we get it

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I can't say enough about the service and excellent staff/ management team at the GB Lowes.

Vikingwoman

Obamasucks wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:Here's another reason why Oatie is right about the people in Pace.

I bought a two in one staple gun and staples in Lowe's about a month ago. The gun did cable wires and square staples. I went to use it the other night and discovered the square staples didn't fit. The salesguy is the one who gave me the staples for the gun. So I go in Lowe's to trade for the right size staples and couldn't find the size. So I call for the salesguy who looks and says "we don't sell those kind of guns I haven't seen one in four years. "So I go up to the customer service desk and tell them my story about buying the gun there and the guy saying they don't sell these guns. I ask her could she look up on my credit card and see that I purchased it there. She says she can't do anything like that so she calls the manager who calls the salesguy back up and they say could I have bought the gun at Home Depot? I say "no. I bought it here." Now I have a gun that is useless because I can't use it w/o staples. So the customer service woman asks for my credit card and tries to return the staples and it doesn't come up as purchased. The woman says" you didn't purchase that here." The salesguy says" I've never seen one like that in four years" again. All three are looking at me like I'm senile now and I quietly said "I bought the gun here." The manager says" well, bring in the gun and we'll look at it." I leave to go to my car and am thinking "are you senile?" Tonight it's a whole new set of people and I tell my story again only I brought my useless staple gun. The customer service girl immediately pulls up my credit card account and tells me the staple gun had been recalled which is why they don't have the staples and finds where I had purchased the gun. I said"I thought you couldn't pull up purchases and she says" yes, we can." She refunds it back and I said" so I'm not senile?" She says" pardon me?" I then said never mind and made a mental note the next time I saw that woman I would pull out that refund receipt.

Saying you can't pull up a receipt is either a lie or incompetence. Saying you don't even sell the product is either a lie or incompetence.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:

Saying you can't pull up a receipt is either a lie or incompetence. Saying you don't even sell the product is either a lie or incompetence.

They track all your purchases through the computer/registet.

2seaoat

I can't say enough about the service and excellent staff/ management team at the GB Lowes.

Agree. I lived at the Gulf Breeze Lowes while building four new houses in 2006, and their sales staff was excellent. They were intelligent and were trying to help solve any customer problems. My experience in Pace at both the Home Depot and the Lowes is where in the hell did these people come from. How can less than ten miles with the Garcon Bridge have such an overwhelming intelligence drop. The Wal Mart in Gulf Breeze is also full of people who are intelligent and trying to help. The Wal Mart in Pace is the twilight zone. I mean I have given our forum member Pace a hard time about his opposition to raising the minimum wage, and I could not understand his resistance. I now get it. He is interacting with the low IQ general population of Pace everyday and it would seem absurd to pay these challenged people a high minimum wage when average intelligent folks are not getting that type of wage. I am beginning to understand his opinions in light of what both my wife and I are beginning to think is an episode of the twilight zone spending time in Pace.

I get to rest this morning and will not be running the tractor until later this afternoon.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Sorry intelligence is measurable and there are objective standards to do the same.   I have never in my life seen a cluster like I have seen in Pace.  Do you think it is about opinions or elitist attitude......nope, there is a serious problem with the intelligence drop in America, but it was verified a half hour ago after working for two hours in the heat, we decided to stop at sonic in Pace.  Order a shake and a water with their number one cheeseburger meal.  She brings everything out and asks us if want ketchup.  My wife says yes, but she does not hand us ketchup, and she forgot the water.  I ask her if I could have the water, she says yes and leaves.  We are almost done with the meal when the water arrives, and we again ask that we had asked for ketchup, and she leaves again and finally brings TEN packages of ketchup.  My wife and I just look at each other.  First, I have been a bus boy, dishwasher, and bartender, and I loved my jobs.  I always worked to make the customer get what they asked for in a timely manner.   Why would somebody come out with a tray and order without having the ketchup on the tray?  It could have been a mistake, but when she goes to get the water she forgot, she again did not bring out the ketchup.  She then came a third time with the ketchup basically after the meal was done and gives us fivefold what any customer would normally use.  Our bill was 16 bucks, and you pay when you get the order, and I told her to keep the twenty which was a 25% tip, so it is not like she was angry or we had offended her.   She just was not thinking and could not intelligently sequence her job which had few variables.  Sorry, it is an intelligence thing, and it is widespread and mind numbing.  It is not a matter of arrogance.   It is accepting objective standards of intelligence and job performance.  I honestly believe there has to be an environmental component to what we are seeing.  I cannot imagine a fortune five hundred company locating in Pace if it had to draw on the current workforce we have witnessed.  There is a serious problem which is totally being ignored.

It's because of "wealth inequality" ..... or so I'm told

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:
Bob wrote:Seaoat,

Now that you're a new resident of Pace,  you really need to get into the swing of your community's culture.  And there is only one way to do that.

At 4:05 this afternoon,  I want you to drop what you're doing and get an AM radio and tune it to 1330 on the band.

Either that or go to this link and click on the "listen now" button...

http://www.1330weby.com/

You will then get an education about exactly where you're living.  Because today is Friday.  The day of the week for "Freedom Friday".  That's Brother Carl's weekly radio show which goes from 4 to 6.
Freedom Friday is for Pace/Milton,  what Prairie Home Companion is for Minneapolis/St. Paul.  So don't miss it.  You owe it to yourself if you want to learn about your community.

you are goofy, I have been in this county since 2003  and never heard of such

What can I say,  you've nailed me.   I made it all up.  There is no WEBY radio station,  no "Freedom Friday" show,  and no Brother Carl.
All that came from my imagination because I'm goofy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But I wasn't the one who made up the whole thing about there being a "David's Catfish House".

That was teo.  He admitted to me the reason he made that up is because he himself always wanted to be named "David" and always wanted to run a restaurant.  And he made it a catfish restaurant because people around here eat catfish so they would believe there's a catfish restaurant up there.

Actually,  I told him he should have called it "David's Tai Food".  That way we could have bds driving to Milton looking for a fantasy restaurant and getting a big laugh from it.  But teo said, no,  he didn't want to get bds all excited about it and then find out it didn't exist.  Teo has a good heart.

Bob wrote:But I wasn't the one who made up the whole thing about there being a "David's Catfish House".

That was teo.  He admitted to me the reason he made that up is because he himself always wanted to be named "David" and always wanted to run a restaurant.  And he made it a catfish restaurant because people around here eat catfish so they would believe there's a catfish restaurant up there.

Actually,  I told him he should have called it "David's Tai Food".  That way we could have bds driving to Milton looking for a fantasy restaurant and getting a big laugh from it.  But teo said, no,  he didn't want to get bds all excited about it and then find out it didn't exist.  Teo has a good heart.

Razz

2seaoat

I am going to take some crap on this post. My wife and I had to do some staking and were soaking wet. We decided to just stop at Waffle House where we have NEVER had a bad meal......oh well......its a Pace thing.

I order the All Star breakfast, and my wife orders a chicken, cheese, bacon sandwich with hash browns. I also order hot chocolate. We picked Waffle house because we were cold and wet and they are quick, efficient, and have good fresh food and the walk from the car was short in the rain.

First, she brings the hot chocolate, and says"you might need to stir it", my wife literally smiles at me as she is looking at the hot chocolate cup......there is a floating mass of hot chocolate mix on top of the cup......no biggie.....I stir the cup. I might add the place is empty. There is one other couple in the place. Next, she comes over and asks my wife do you want cheese on your sandwich. The sandwich is listed as a bacon cheese chicken sandwich. We both look at each other and she says "I ordered the bacon chicken sandwich so please do put the cheese on the sandwich" We wait literally about ten minutes longer than any other time we have ordered these meals, and boom she brings over the meal and my All star breakfast is cold.....I mean no heat on anything.....grits....cold.....scrambled eggs.....cold.....bacon.....cold....toast.....cold......waffle was warm. I never complain, and just eat it cold. This poor confused girl was waiting for the cheese to be added to my wife's sandwich instead of bringing my breakfast it sat. But.....it gets better. The lettuce on my wife's sandwich was brown.....I mean.....all brown. When I worked in a kitchen at 15, we cut off any lettuce when preparing salads or garnish which was not crisp and fresh.....she served this. However, she did not serve the hash browns which my wife ordered. So, she apologizes and my wife waits five minutes, but the hash browns were hot.....so we were happy, when I ordered a refill of the hot chocolate......same story, but this time the island of mix on top of the hot water was even taller. The girl asks my wife.....didn't you want lettuce on your sandwich? My wife very politely said......not that lettuce. My wife then watches her take about five minutes calculating the bill, she screwed it up, but it was apparent this poor thing was lost, and incapable of doing her job. We left a thirty percent tip, and had the first bad waffle house meal out of a hundred visits. I am sorry. It is a failed educational system, combined with some type of environmental cluster which has impacted intelligence. We have never in our life seen anything like this. You do not see this in Navarre, or Gulf Breeze. We head back Wed, and are going to have to go to Pensacola, Navarre, or Gulf Breeze. I am not being a jerk here. Has anybody else experienced this cluster, or is it just me?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Seaoat, if your food was lousy and the service was bad, why in the world would you leave a 30% tip?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Seaoat, if your food was lousy and the service was bad, why in the world would you leave a 30% tip?

And again,  why is he living in the place he thinks is a retarded backwoods hillbilly shithole?

For me,  the worst retarded backwoods shithole would be Stockton,  AL.  Spent a lot of time there one time.  It was like being in Afghanistan except these afghans had thick southern accents.
BUT,  it never occurred to me to want to live there.  I had to be there sometimes to make money but once I made the money the only thing I could think about was which way was the fastest way out.  Finally not even the money was worth it.  Never went back.

Sal

Sal

Why in the world would you expect decent food or service at a Waffle House and/or a Sonic?

If you want good food and service, quit eating in shitholes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But I need to complete that story.   I was in that shithole to do business with what for me would have been my Readers Digest's "The Most Unusual Person You've Ever Met".

Let me tell you one thing about him.  He was this crazy little dude who wanted only one thing in life.  To be a disk jockey.
He ate,  slept,  breathed,  dreamed about radio.  He was about 25 and lived with his elderly grandparents in a house that looked it could have been used to film The Grapes of Wrath.  Floorboards were missing and rotten and the old woman was still cooking on a wood stove.
And over the whole property behind it was the electrical and electronic crap Keith (that was his real name) had spent his young life accumulating.
Now get this.   When I first went there,  he had a homemade AM radio station on the air.  He had bought a hundred foot commercial transmission tower and moved it in sections and by himself erected it hidden back in the woods behind the house.
And every night,  he took to the air.  Spun records and sounded like a professional disk jockey.  Gained a local following amongst the Bay Minette high school crowd.
But this is when it gets surreal.  But every word of this is true without any embellishment.  Homey don't play the Ben Carson game.
He got such a following,  that he started thinking maybe he could make some money with this and sell some ads to local merchants.  And realized he needed to look like he was an actual radio station.
So he rented a small office and you'll never believe where it was located.
On the 2nd floor of an old building across the street and overlooking the Baldwin County Courthouse in Bay Minette.
He created a small homemade radio studio in that office.  And he had become technically savvy enough to be able to create a makeshift wireless radio link to send the signal from the studio in Bay Minette to the transmission tower up in Stockton.  EXACTLY LIKE REAL RADIO STATIONS DO!!
He then hit the streets and actually sold commercial ads to small grocery grocery and hardware stores and the like. 
And then the thing took off.  And before you know it,  all the audience  switched from the REAL Bay Minette AM station to the phony one.
Unbelievably,  this went on for months with the real radio station owner never becoming aware of it.
But Keith had made it a big part of his radio program to take requests on the air from the high school kid audience.  And one night a girl called in.  But to get the phone number she called the number for the real station and said she wanted Keith.  The person asked "who's Keith?".  "He's the disc jockey".

And of course that was all she wrote.  A couple of weeks later,  there was a knock on the studio door.  And two men dressed like the Men in Black (they were FCC agents) were there.  And when Keith opened the door,  one of them said to him:  "I think you've been expecting us,  haven't you son?"  lol

2seaoat

I worked at 15 serving people. I know how difficult the job can be. I always leave a tip in excess of 15%, and especially when people are struggling. By leaving the tip, I hope I will encourage them to do better. My guess is with the low intelligence and inability to do this job, they get abused by customers and hate their job more. That is not how I am wired. I try to show compassion and hope by smiling and being polite when I really want to scream. I love my grits, but there are few things worse than lumpy cold grits.

I am having to eat in not the best places because I am putting in 12 hour days and have time to grab a bite, shower and sleep, and not much else. It is not an ideal situation. My health is not doing well in these circumstances, but I am the only one who can get this done, and after I pass my wife will have a mess if I do not give 100%. I hope in January, I can settle in and not continue this insanity. I have to meet certain deadlines and the rain the last two days have knocked us almost out of the ballgame to keep the schedule for January. Oh well, I think I am going to buy a box of Cheerios and eat the same like a dog until we return.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Why in the world would you expect decent food or service at a Waffle House

I almost missed this one.  Sal,  you've got to be kidding.
Some of the absolutely best breakfasts I've ever eaten were at Waffle Houses.  If you've never had a good Waffle House breakfast I feel sorry for you.  You've been deprived.   Some of those Waffle House cooks are the best short order cooks there are. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I bet you've never had a good cafeteria meal either,  have you?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Why in the world would you expect decent food or service at a Waffle House

Some of the absolutely best breakfasts I've ever eaten were at Waffle Houses.  If you've never had a good Waffle House breakfast I feel sorry for you.  You've been deprived.   Some of those Waffle House cooks are the best short order cooks there are. 

The GB Waffle House has a manager that holds the record for longest employment. ...she has worked at Waffle House for over 30 years. She is very attractive and married to a well kniwn police detective.

BTW...we eat there often. Never had a bad meal.

Vikingwoman

Btw, Oatie didn't you say you were getting a loan to start a business? I was just wondering why you were doing that at this stage of the game.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Bob wrote:

The GB  Waffle House has a manager that holds the record for longest employment. ...she has worked at Waffle House for over 30 years. She is very attractive and married to a well kniwn police detective.

BTW...we eat there often. Never had a bad meal.

Always the best service and food when we eat at Waffle House.  

Cafeteria food, Bob?  You know the best was the old Morrison's at T&C Plaza.  Not being an elitist as Eliteoat is, I always thought it was a fancy place to eat.  That winding stairway, the servers in those nice jackets  Just like the movies except we walked through the line for the food.  Razz

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Do you remember when Morrisons was downtown on the corner of Romana and Jefferson,  SheWrites?
The building is still there.  There's a restaurant or bar or something in it now.

Bob wrote:Do you remember when Morrisons was downtown on the corner of Romana and Jefferson,  SheWrites?
The building is still there.  It's where The Tin Cow is now.

Only at T&C. I never knew it was downtown. I think the only place we ever ate downtown, when I was a wee lass, was the lunch counter at Newberry's.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually it wasn't where The Tin Cow is now.  I looked at a google map and The Tin Cow is near it but not in that building.  I can't remember the name of the restaurant/bar in that building now.  But it's the building on the southwest corner of Jefferson and Romana.  Across the street from where the News Journal USED to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum