Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged

+9
2seaoat
dumpcare
boards of FL
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Lisa12
Joanimaroni
Sal
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

This leftist talkingpoint has been deemed politically correct stereotyping.

2seaoat

This leftist talkingpoint has been deemed politically correct stereotyping.

Even you would have second thoughts about living in Pace.

2seaoat wrote:This leftist talkingpoint has been deemed politically correct stereotyping.

Even you would have second thoughts about living in Pace.

Ya... cause free association is overrated. Using tactics inappropriate for some... are fine for others.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I would not like to live in Pace or Milton because it is not convenient for me. However, I do know quite a few people who live in Pace and Milton. When working at WFH many of the nurses and administrative personnel chose that location. The area has a very diverse background. Perhaps the working class is not up to Sea ats standards.

2seaoat

I like Milton and the folks in Pace look down on folks in Milton, but Milton is real people with intelligence. Pace is like the twilight zone. I mean it is like we left on a space craft and landed in another galaxy where the average intelligence is 90. I am sure there are well adjusted and intelligent folks in Pace. We just have not been able to locate them. I have NEVER experienced the same at our home in Navarre, and I was a member at Tiger Point for five years and Never saw the low IQ behavior in Gulf Breeze. Our home in Milton had the best neighbors and intelligent folks. I never saw drug use in the last twenty years in Navarre or Gulf Breeze, and I sure as hell never saw a huffing can of glue in a movie theater stall in my entire life being in some pretty bad places. No Pace is a trip.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I like Milton and the folks in Pace look down on folks in Milton, but Milton is real people with intelligence.  Pace is like the twilight zone.  I mean it is like we left on a space craft and landed in another galaxy where the average intelligence is 90.  I am sure there are well adjusted and intelligent folks in Pace.  We just have not been able to locate them.  I have NEVER experienced the same at our home in Navarre, and I was a member at Tiger Point for five years and Never saw the low IQ behavior in Gulf Breeze.  Our home in Milton had the best neighbors and intelligent folks.  I never saw drug use in the last twenty years in Navarre or Gulf Breeze, and I sure as hell never saw a huffing can of glue in a movie theater stall in my entire life being in some pretty bad places.  No Pace is a trip.

You had your blinders on. Try looking at the Santa Rosa County Jail View......lot of druggies in Navarre. Do 'they forget the crazy guy on drugs and alcohol that attacked deputies with a sword.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: I never saw drug use in the last twenty years in Navarre or Gulf Breeze

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

and

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

dumpcare

Say what? Midway is meth city.

Proper prefers higher class drugs.

I was in the restaurant business for 20 years and also my wife, we laugh when a new one opens up in GB and bet when they will close or the service and quality goes down the tubes. Not many have gone out lately but the quality and service of a few have not disappointed us. It's almost like clockwork and you notice it by the end of first year and then 2nd year they might as well fold. The one's in proper have to depend on tourists. I can think of only two within 8 miles of my house that are consistent, but that's about it. The beach isn't much different.

2seaoat

the crazy guy on drugs and alcohol that attacked deputies with a sword.

He was raised in Pace.

You apparently have adopted some bigotry tactics and think it's "ok" cause it's a leftist target... it's not.

It's still small and closed minded.

2seaoat

It's still small and closed minded.

I am far from small, and I have an open mind. If I had a closed mind, I would have not returned to Pace. I have given it every chance I can. In the end, my sample may be too small to make logical conclusions, but my patience to take a larger sample is not really compatible with my personality, and I will not return for a couple weeks. Did you coach the Chicago tournament and go play poker?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:the crazy guy on drugs and alcohol that attacked deputies with a sword.

He was raised in Pace.

He lived in Navarre....drugs, alcohol, and psychiatric problems don'the mix.

2seaoat wrote:It's still small and closed minded.

I am far from small, and I have an open mind. If I had a closed mind, I would have not returned to Pace. I have given it every chance I can. In the end, my sample may be too small to make logical conclusions, but my patience to take a larger sample is not really compatible with my personality, and I will not return for a couple weeks. Did you coach the Chicago tournament and go play poker?

No... I've been having troubles from my neck with severe pain in my shoulders and arms. I thght something had gone terribly wrong from the surgery... but it turns out I just over did it and was having muscle spasms. Doing much better now from therapy.

2seaoat

I take a potassium supplement and when I do not the muscle cramps and tightness make a bad situation worse. I never stretched my whole life, but I am starting to stretch when I get a chance. The range of motion keeps getting smaller. I played poker once at Greyhound, and lost playing poker, but won on a carnival game called three card poker when I got three aces.

2seaoat wrote:I take a potassium supplement and when I do not the muscle cramps and tightness make a bad situation worse. I never stretched my whole life, but I am starting to stretch when I get a chance. The range of motion keeps getting smaller. I played poker once at Greyhound, and lost playing poker, but won on a carnival game called three card poker when I got three aces.

I've gathered many stretching exercises from the therapies... I'm going to do them religiously from now on. I was never one for stretching either. The ultra-sound and massage helped the most... but I think the range of motion stuff will hopefully keep me from staining myself again. I replaced the floors in my cabin to a really cool cork... but I think it was just too much. I was going to do the windows next spring... might have to rethink that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Say what? Midway is meth city.

You don't even have to get as far as Midway.  All you have to do is get on the north side of 98 in some of those older subdivisions. 
The idea that there aint no drugs or druggies there is so wrong that it's like saying there aint no bums in skid row.  lol

2seaoat

I never saw a meth head in Gulf Breeze or Navarre in twenty years......I have seen more than I care in Pace. I will however defer to Bob's garage sale ventures into neighborhoods.....the problem has grown since I was there.

Lisa12

I graduated high school at Gulf Breeze. There have always been plenty of drugs there. Just remember the Sandshaker debacle a few years ago and look up their hometowns...

2seaoat

I understand the beach, but I am talking about average people higher than a kite in Lowes, restaurants, and other stores, yet I never saw the same for twenty years......drunks.....but not this out of your head daze stumbling around.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I understand the beach, but I am talking about average people higher than a kite in Lowes, restaurants, and other stores, yet I never saw the same for twenty years......drunks.....but not this out of your head daze stumbling around.

No you will not see that in Gulf Breeze.....but Met is around in the run down areas.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:
No you will not see that in Gulf Breeze.....but Met is around in the run down areas.

It's all labeled "Gulf Breeze".  But Gulf Breeze proper aint the same thing as some of the neighborheads east of the Liveoak property.  Not all,  just some.  Mostly north of 98.  But that's not always the case either. 
That peninsula is a patchwork of different type neighborhoods all strewn together.
And no,  seaoat,  I don't learn this only from yard sales.  I learned it because an old friend used to live amongst it all and I was over there all the time and drugs were all around his apartment.

2seaoat

Bob,

In all the time as a kid and as an adult did you see evidence of huffing in a movie theater. All the churches and all the rhetoric.....there is a drug problem in Santa Rosa County, and I never saw it in Navarre. A large can of pipe glue and rags in the handicap bathroom sink.......I am talking about people walking around dazed in so many places. It is sad.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Bob,

In all the time as a kid and as an adult did you see evidence of huffing in a movie theater.  All the churches and all the rhetoric.....there is a drug problem in Santa Rosa County, and I never saw it in Navarre.   A large can of pipe glue and rags in the handicap bathroom sink.......I am talking about people walking around dazed in so many places.  It is sad.

Navarre Beach doesn'the have the down and dirty druggies that are found in multiple areas around Holley-Navarre.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,

In all the time as a kid and as an adult did you see evidence of huffing in a movie theater. 

Never have seen it myself except when I was in that band in high school and college.  The guitar player was known as the "toluene kid" because he always had a rag soaked with toluene in his back pocket.  Never have seen it since.
But I am very aware that the teenagers and millennials are inhalling all sorts of stuff.  Glue,  spray paint,  household chemicals etc.   The Big Lots in Pensacola keeps the auto refrigerant under the cash register on that account.  Too many apparently obvious druggies were buying that to inhale it.  I cannot even imagine wanting to inhale auto refrigerant.
But I think you just happened to be unlucky enough to see it,  seaoat.
That's definitely not confined to Pace.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But I bet when you saw it,  your first thought had to be "damn I wish these kids could be more like Bob and only carry milk duds in with them".  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum