Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged

+9
2seaoat
dumpcare
boards of FL
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Lisa12
Joanimaroni
Sal
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:bds,

Even though I grew up with greek americans from the time I was in elementary school,  I never ate a gyro sandwich until I had one from Giorgios sometime earlier this year.  And that was only because my greek friend kept getting them when I was always getting the pizza and greek salad.  I finally broke down and tried one but it wasn't for me.   I've just never been a fan of the taste of lamb or mutton in any form.

Do any of those mediterranean restaurants serve stuffed grape leaves?  My friend's mother used to make that and it was to die for.

In that case, Jordan Valley Cafe and get the beef/steak or chicken kebab.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh man I haven't had that for so long.  I would have gotten it at the Greek Festival but the food lines are always too long.
I will definitely try both the beef kebab and the grape leaves at Jordan Valley.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob the House Specialty Pizza @ Georgio's is very very good.

Greek restaurants are now referred to as Mediterranean Restaurants. It's the in thing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

Greek restaurants are now referred to as Mediterranean Restaurants. It's the in thing.

I had a feeling that was the case.  Because when you do a google search for "greek restaurants pensacola",  all these "mediterranean" restaurants come up...  lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=nikki%27s+pensacola&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=greek+restaurants+pensacola

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All this reminds me of a saying that I heard so often around here when I was growing up.  But it is absolutely the most politically incorrect thing I could post.
And even though Mark Twain used the same word,  seaoat and others would get too bent over it and I would never hear the end of it.  lol

polecat

polecat

Bob wrote:The menu looks really good and I'll definitely get the Sagasanga,  polecat.  In fact most of the other items on the menu sound good too...

https://foursquare.com/v/lillos-tuscan-grill/4da0ed3f7aee5481bd6cb6fe/menu

But Lillos is spelled different from Liollios.  Unless they did a twist on the spelling it might not be the same folks.

Same bunch Bob my girlfriend knows them.

boards of FL

boards of FL

polecat wrote:http://www.lillostuscangrille.com/

Check it out Bob

I haven't tried this one yet but will check it out in the near future.

It's a shame that Tre Fratelis closed downtown. That was my go-to for Italian.

polecat

polecat

is this your house BOB?

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged - Page 6 Hoarder

Vikingwoman

polecat wrote:is this your house BOB?

ROFL!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

polecat wrote:is this your house BOB?

I knew when I put my name and picture on here folks would find me.
And since you have I might as well show you the interior.

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged - Page 6 Kitchen-Before1

dumpcare

Damn Bob you've cleaned the place up since I was there last.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Damn Bob you've cleaned the place up since I was there last.

rofl

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I really should try to take a camera to show you what the inside of this dump looks like.  Trust me,  if it's anything,  it's a whole lot more strange and goofy  than you are probably thinking.  Most folk just shake their heads. 
I never intended that to be the reaction.  But it works for me.  lol

Let's put it this way.  The older brother of one of my longtime high school friends came in here for the first time and took one look and said:  "you need to bulldoze this place".  lol

Oh cmon... lol. Your house is cool... there are a million things to talk about and a story to each one. I liked it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Oh cmon... lol. Your house is cool... there are a million things to talk about and a story to each one. I liked it.

You're welcome anytime, Pkr.  Where in the hell are you living now?

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Oh cmon... lol. Your house is cool... there are a million things to talk about and a story to each one. I liked it.

You're welcome anytime, Pkr.  Where in the hell are you living now?

Northern michigan. I've got my cabin winter ready this year. I'll be down to visit tho... probably not till spring.

dumpcare

Yes, there are quite a few things with a story, but I'm not sure I'd take a pic and put it on the internet Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Yes, there are quite a few things with a story, but I'm not sure I'd take a pic and put it on the internet Bob.

Good advice.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I think with what I know about Seaoat,  he would like it better in East Hill where he can see Bernie Sanders yard signs (I have one in my backyard too) and hang out with hippies,  yuppies, artists, queers and other like-minded people.
Where there is no redneck radio station blasting out all that claptrap.

Glad I checked in. Bob, you crack me up as usual. Some things never change, including you.

VERY appropriate description of East Hill. I love living here, but I can't afford the sign. Very Happy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:
Glad I checked in. Bob, you crack me up as usual. Some things never change, including you.

VERY appropriate description of East Hill. I love living here, but I can't afford the sign. Very Happy

I finally got a sign at a yard sale this morning.

2seaoat

I celebrate diversity and intelligence. Civilization and the arts are things I laud, and boorish behavior and stupidity I simply shake my head. Pace is a trip. I never saw the same in Navarre for twenty years, or Gulf Breeze. I have seen some of the Pace behavior in Milton, but Milton is real.....Pace is some kind of amusement park for stupid people.......like they are attracted to each other and feel comfortable together. Pensacola is a gem which if America ever discovered it, the demand for housing would never end......but to get to Pensacola is this ring of stupid......kind of like working all day in dirt and taking a bubble bath.....there is a very distinct crud ring in the bathtub.

The thing about Pace is like the cheerleader at the Wal Mart.....she really thought she was the center of attention when the little boy told her he had seen her........almost an arrogance which only a completely challenged person could comprehend. Oh well, I am away from Pace for three weeks.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You go on and on literally for years in post after post and thread after thread complaining about bigots who stereotype a race or a religion or a nationality and paint everyone in it with the same brush.

And then you turn right around and do EXACTLY the same thing you bitch about with your posts in this thread.

2seaoat

How am I stereotyping....intelligence is measurable. Look at the college readiness scores......Pace sucks, and people are saying they have a good school system....yea, so does Bolivia. If you think Pace is habitable....move....I would rather go to the dentist than visit Pace.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:How am I stereotyping....intelligence is measurable.  Look at the college readiness scores......Pace sucks, and people are saying they have a good school system....yea, so does Bolivia.  If you think Pace is habitable....move....I would rather go to the dentist than visit Pace.

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged - Page 6 Pace_h10
No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged - Page 6 Pace_h13

Now let's compare Pace High School to Winnebago High School in Winnebago IL,  just west of Chicago.

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged - Page 6 Winneb10
No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged - Page 6 Winneb11

2seaoat

Winnebago.....that is an excellent comparison......a bunch of white people living together thinking that they are exclusive and special and getting away from the colored people, but in reality it is a collection of folks who are challenged and not that bright but they are all white. Bob, that was a brilliant comparison. Both communities have less than 15% diversity, and have awful school results. There are stupid white people and stupid black people, and when they group together exclusively, it does not bring good results. The only difference is NOBODY says that Winnebago is a great place to go......Pace.......people actually think that is the place to be.....give me Milton, Gulf Breeze, or Navarre, but please.......tell me Pace is the twilight zone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum