Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged

+9
2seaoat
dumpcare
boards of FL
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Lisa12
Joanimaroni
Sal
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I rest my case.

No other way to say this.....people in Pace are challenged - Page 3 East_h10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually that neighborhood tavern you see in the background of that picture used to be my home away from home.  At one time I operated a pinball machine in there.  And I maintained the bowling machine for another operator.
But that was when you could get a draft beer for a couple dollars.
Now it's years later and the neighborhood has gone yuppyfied and the two dollar drafts have been replaced with about a hundred different brands of foreign bottled beer and the price on that has more than doubled.
And the bowling machine and pinball machine are now history.
Not all progress is good.

I've had a few pitchers in there. We used to hit it after playing tennis at bayview... good memories.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I've had a few pitchers in there. We used to hit it after playing tennis at bayview... good memories.

Was that during the Wisteria's "mailman period"?

That was when the mail carriers would all run their routes doubletime so they could congregate in there in the afternoon.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Do you know the reason why that place is still so old and rundown looking and still looks exactly the same on the outside as it did in the 1940's,  Pkr?  And why it still has what amounts to an "outhouse" behind it for a restroom?  lol

EmeraldGhost wrote:"'Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
Prove they can be better than at any time they choose
Someone doin' somethin' dirty decent folks can frown on
If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me ... "

Says it all...

Vikingwoman

Oh shad up all ya'll! Pace has it's morons but most of them are from Milton. Oatie is right. This place is a bastion of low class idiots!

Bob wrote:Do you know the reason why that place is still so old and rundown looking and still looks exactly the same on the outside as it did in the 1940's,  Pkr?  And why it still has what amounts to an "outhouse" behind it for a restroom?  lol

No... I don't know but would love to hear why... lol. I don't recall mailmen... but was probably after their shift.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is 2015 America.  Everywhere has idiots.  And yes I know it's hard to believe,  but even East Hill has one or two idiots in it too.
Especially the guy who dresses up like Lady Gaga and stands out in front of the City Grocery and tries to direct traffic like a cop. 
I had to stop doing it though.  The neuropathy in my feet got worse.

2seaoat

Sorry intelligence is measurable and there are objective standards to do the same. I have never in my life seen a cluster like I have seen in Pace. Do you think it is about opinions or elitist attitude......nope, there is a serious problem with the intelligence drop in America, but it was verified a half hour ago after working for two hours in the heat, we decided to stop at sonic in Pace. Order a shake and a water with their number one cheeseburger meal. She brings everything out and asks us if want ketchup. My wife says yes, but she does not hand us ketchup, and she forgot the water. I ask her if I could have the water, she says yes and leaves. We are almost done with the meal when the water arrives, and we again ask that we had asked for ketchup, and she leaves again and finally brings TEN packages of ketchup. My wife and I just look at each other. First, I have been a bus boy, dishwasher, and bartender, and I loved my jobs. I always worked to make the customer get what they asked for in a timely manner. Why would somebody come out with a tray and order without having the ketchup on the tray? It could have been a mistake, but when she goes to get the water she forgot, she again did not bring out the ketchup. She then came a third time with the ketchup basically after the meal was done and gives us fivefold what any customer would normally use. Our bill was 16 bucks, and you pay when you get the order, and I told her to keep the twenty which was a 25% tip, so it is not like she was angry or we had offended her. She just was not thinking and could not intelligently sequence her job which had few variables. Sorry, it is an intelligence thing, and it is widespread and mind numbing. It is not a matter of arrogance. It is accepting objective standards of intelligence and job performance. I honestly believe there has to be an environmental component to what we are seeing. I cannot imagine a fortune five hundred company locating in Pace if it had to draw on the current workforce we have witnessed. There is a serious problem which is totally being ignored.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:Do you know the reason why that place is still so old and rundown looking and still looks exactly the same on the outside as it did in the 1940's,  Pkr?  And why it still has what amounts to an "outhouse" behind it for a restroom?  lol

No... I don't know but would love to hear why... lol. I don't recall mailmen... but was probably after their shift.

The Wisteria was built in the 30's.  It was there before anything else.
So about 1950 when the neighborhood the bar is located in was developing as a residential neighborhood,  the homeowners wanted to get rid of it.

A compromise was reached.  The city let it remain,  but with the condition that no improvements could ever be made to it.  And that included keeping the outhouse for the restroom.

The thinking was,  that after a while,  nobody would want to frequent it anymore so it would just go away.

And now it's 65 years later and it's still there.  Same old eyesore with the same old outhouse behind it.

It's now the oldest continuously operated bar in the city.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,

Now that you're a new resident of Pace,  you really need to get into the swing of your community's culture.  And there is only one way to do that.

At 4:05 this afternoon,  I want you to drop what you're doing and get an AM radio and tune it to 1330 on the band.

Either that or go to this link and click on the "listen now" button...

http://www.1330weby.com/

You will then get an education about exactly where you're living.  Because today is Friday.  The day of the week for "Freedom Friday".  That's Brother Carl's weekly radio show which goes from 4 to 6.
Freedom Friday is for Pace/Milton,  what Prairie Home Companion is for Minneapolis/St. Paul.  So don't miss it.  You owe it to yourself if you want to learn about your community.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've got a special treat for you,  seaoat.

If Brother Carl takes calls during the show today,  I'm going to call in to it in your honor.  I've already written the script...

"Brother Carl,  I want the family at WEBY to extend a hearty welcome to a new member of our local community.  His name is Seaoat and he's a lifelong republican who hails from Chicago.
And by the way,  Brother Carl,  he disagrees with you about President Obama being both a muslim and a communist.  And he doesn't think homos are going to hell.   He wanted me to convey that message to you and all the listeners". 

dumpcare

Bob wrote:This is 2015 America.  Everywhere has idiots.  And yes I know it's hard to believe,  but even East Hill has one or two idiots in it too.
Especially the guy who dresses up like Lady Gaga and stands out in front of the City Grocery and tries to direct traffic like a cop. 
I had to stop doing it though.  The neuropathy in my feet got worse.

Shit was that you?

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:Sorry intelligence is measurable and there are objective standards to do the same.   I have never in my life seen a cluster like I have seen in Pace.  Do you think it is about opinions or elitist attitude......nope, there is a serious problem with the intelligence drop in America, but it was verified a half hour ago after working for two hours in the heat, we decided to stop at sonic in Pace.  Order a shake and a water with their number one cheeseburger meal.  She brings everything out and asks us if want ketchup.  My wife says yes, but she does not hand us ketchup, and she forgot the water.  I ask her if I could have the water, she says yes and leaves.  We are almost done with the meal when the water arrives, and we again ask that we had asked for ketchup, and she leaves again and finally brings TEN packages of ketchup.  My wife and I just look at each other.  First, I have been a bus boy, dishwasher, and bartender, and I loved my jobs.  I always worked to make the customer get what they asked for in a timely manner.   Why would somebody come out with a tray and order without having the ketchup on the tray?  It could have been a mistake, but when she goes to get the water she forgot, she again did not bring out the ketchup.  She then came a third time with the ketchup basically after the meal was done and gives us fivefold what any customer would normally use.  Our bill was 16 bucks, and you pay when you get the order, and I told her to keep the twenty which was a 25% tip, so it is not like she was angry or we had offended her.   She just was not thinking and could not intelligently sequence her job which had few variables.  Sorry, it is an intelligence thing, and it is widespread and mind numbing.  It is not a matter of arrogance.   It is accepting objective standards of intelligence and job performance.  I honestly believe there has to be an environmental component to what we are seeing.  I cannot imagine a fortune five hundred company locating in Pace if it had to draw on the current workforce we have witnessed.  There is a serious problem which is totally being ignored.

Oat, I'm sorry to say but what you experienced at sonic exists in at least 8 states in 80% of the establishments. I said 8 because I was in 8 different states this past May, same shit just different towns and states. I suppose it's a wave over the whole nation employee's and manager's that just do not give a shit.

Oh and just doesn't exist at fast food establishment's I was in a 5 star restaurant in Mi and the waitress is just what you described.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I played at Tiger Point for a decade, and honestly I just did not see stupid people in what appears to me to be some type of cluster. 

Tiger Point is a beautiful golf club.  I told you one time the "water course" at Tiger Point is where I played my final round of golf.  After I lost 63 balls (mostly into the water) through the 16th hole,  ran out of balls,  and following that partial round I never had the balls to pick up a club again.  Neither the literal golf balls nor the brass balls. 

BUT,  and this is a big but,  you never crossed over 98 coming out to go north on College.  You always went either east or west on 98.
Because had you gone on across Hgwy 98,  you would have gone from the Green Zone into downtown Baghdad (and not the one beside Milton).
Ever heard about Rio de Janeiro where you have that beautiful strip along Copacabana Beach?  But just on the other side of that is what they call the favella.  You missed the favella and plenty of stupid people.

2seaoat wrote:I am not talking about redneck.  I am talking about stupid.  Like people quit school in the sixth grade.  There also is a lot more drug abuse than I am used to seeing.  I get drunk, but I do not get this meth and heroin.

as to the schools

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/florida/districts/santa-rosa-county-school-district-104509

Pace in college readiness is not as good as Navarre and Gulf Breeze and had a national index from US News of 14.7.  A district where parents were complaining how bad the school district is performing had a 16 on that index. The town I work in in Illinois had a 30.9 and that is not even considered one of the better school districts in the state.  I can tell you that if US News had an index for stupid people in retail establishments in America.......Pace would be in the 99th percentile.  I apologize to Pace for being so negative on stuff on this forum because if he is having to daily deal with these dullards I would be angry also.  I will say this there are many good people, and yesterday a young man offered to help my wife load her cart with some heavy items, but we are stunned.  We will be paying the toll and going to Gulf Breeze.

OMG....is that why schools in the north end are busting at the seams and a new HS is in the planning?

2seaoat

OMG....is that why schools in the north end are busting at the seams and a new HS is in the planning?

I have another answer......lily white.....less than 15% minority and the absence of diversity. It explains a great deal about intelligence. Navarre and Gulf Breeze have more diversity and not a problem with a cluster of stupid in their communities.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sonic in Pace was closed because of health violations. This occurred last week.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:OMG....is that why schools in the north end are busting at the seams and a new HS is in the planning?

I have another answer......lily white.....less than 15% minority and the absence of diversity.   It explains a great deal about intelligence.  Navarre and Gulf Breeze have more diversity and not a problem with a cluster of stupid in their communities.

Yeah hating white people is so trendy.....you better watch where you throw that boomerang Whitey....

2seaoat

Who hates white people? Does anybody know where a person can buy fifty pound bags of grass seed. I have been told that Pensacola bahia is a pasture grass which is good for pasture land. The problem is I am used to going to a seed store for farmers to get my grass seed and I have been told going to North Santa Rosa or Escambia will get me to some Ag stores which carry seed, but I have so little time I was hoping something was closer.

2seaoat

Thanks for the heads up on health violations. I found this web site which tells you all the restaurants with health violations. 20 violations for the sonic. Makes sense.

http://realtymastersoffl.blogspot.com/2012/06/restaurant-inspections-violations.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:
  Does anybody know where a person can buy fifty pound bags of grass seed.

Don't know about fifty pound bags.  But you can buy a 20 pound bag of it at Walmart for 15 bucks.  Except they call it birdseed for some reason.
And since birds eat grass seed too,  it's a puzzler.
Grass seed.  Bird seed.  All the same thing.

Vikingwoman

Here's another reason why Oatie is right about the people in Pace.

I bought a two in one staple gun and staples in Lowe's about a month ago. The gun did cable wires and square staples. I went to use it the other night and discovered the square staples didn't fit. The salesguy is the one who gave me the staples for the gun. So I go in Lowe's to trade for the right size staples and couldn't find the size. So I call for the salesguy who looks and says "we don't sell those kind of guns I haven't seen one in four years. "So I go up to the customer service desk and tell them my story about buying the gun there and the guy saying they don't sell these guns. I ask her could she look up on my credit card and see that I purchased it there. She says she can't do anything like that so she calls the manager who calls the salesguy back up and they say could I have bought the gun at Home Depot? I say "no. I bought it here." Now I have a gun that is useless because I can't use it w/o staples. So the customer service woman asks for my credit card and tries to return the staples and it doesn't come up as purchased. The woman says" you didn't purchase that here." The salesguy says" I've never seen one like that in four years" again. All three are looking at me like I'm senile now and I quietly said "I bought the gun here." The manager says" well, bring in the gun and we'll look at it." I leave to go to my car and am thinking "are you senile?" Tonight it's a whole new set of people and I tell my story again only I brought my useless staple gun. The customer service girl immediately pulls up my credit card account and tells me the staple gun had been recalled which is why they don't have the staples and finds where I had purchased the gun. I said"I thought you couldn't pull up purchases and she says" yes, we can." She refunds it back and I said" so I'm not senile?" She says" pardon me?" I then said never mind and made a mental note the next time I saw that woman I would pull out that refund receipt.

Bob wrote:Seaoat,

Now that you're a new resident of Pace,  you really need to get into the swing of your community's culture.  And there is only one way to do that.

At 4:05 this afternoon,  I want you to drop what you're doing and get an AM radio and tune it to 1330 on the band.

Either that or go to this link and click on the "listen now" button...

http://www.1330weby.com/

You will then get an education about exactly where you're living.  Because today is Friday.  The day of the week for "Freedom Friday".  That's Brother Carl's weekly radio show which goes from 4 to 6.
Freedom Friday is for Pace/Milton,  what Prairie Home Companion is for Minneapolis/St. Paul.  So don't miss it.  You owe it to yourself if you want to learn about your community.

you are goofy, I have been in this county since 2003 and never heard of such

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum