Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide

+6
Hospital Bob
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

2seaoat

oops.......I guess some folks are going to have to go to trial.......but they will not......they will settle for their operation of the jail.  By golly must be lucky.

http://sentinelrepublic.com/sandra-bland-s-family-sues-waller-county-texas/72915/

Vikingwoman

Nobody in Bland's family would bond her out of jail which is why she probably hung herself but yet here they are trying to cash in on her death. They won't get a dime.

polecat

polecat

#FergusonTaughtMe that people who never EVER trust the govt will trust it 100% anytime another unarmed black man is shot.- John Fugelsang

2seaoat

Nobody in Bland's family would bond her out of jail which is why she probably hung herself but yet here they are trying to cash in on her death. They won't get a dime.

So Bland not being able to get bond is an intervening cause which relieves the jail from following jail standards and procedures and their negligence is relieved.   Damn Dreams.....you are brilliant.   Every judge can now set the bond at a million, quit feeding or caring for arrestees, and not have to worry about paying out dimes......a brilliant grasp of the law again.......stunningly consistent.

Vikingwoman

Floridatexan wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
One night, when I was working as a leasing agent for an office complex on I-10, Shakey the painter brought me a bottle of Wild Turkey at the office Christmas party.  Well...we killed that, shut down the party, and went to a bar.  We also shut that down and I tried to find my way home.  No doubt...I was drunk and had no business driving.  I got stopped in one of the villages...the policeman:  1) had me follow him to the police lot, where I left my car, 2) drove me home, approx. 10 miles, 3) had me pick up the car the next morning, 4) did not even mention a citation, 5) did not charge me for the impound.  No DWI...no harassment...no nothing...just a good guy doing his job.

How old are you?

Just in the ballpark, not specifically.

My dad has told me that used to be the way these things were handled, but I think all that changed sometime around 1980 when MADD got rolling.

I don't mind telling my age.  I'm 65.  This was around 1976 or 77.  Since I was born in 1950, the age thingy is a no-brainer.  My marriage was on the rocks, and I was a very unhappy person.  And...the cop didn't want to arrest me.

I don't even know why you're telling that story? The idea you got into a vehicle drunk and risked the lives of other people and then come on here trying to excuse yourself saying you were unhappy and the cop drove you home as if that is something he was supposed to do is ludicrous. You committed a crime and got a pass. You were lucky you didn't kill somebody which doesn't excuse your negligence.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Nobody in Bland's family would bond her out of jail which is why she probably hung herself but yet here they are trying to cash in on her death. They won't get a dime.

So Bland not being able to get bond is an intervening cause which relieves the jail from following jail standards and procedures and their negligence is relieved.   Damn Dreams.....you are brilliant.   Every judge can now set the bond at a million, quit feeding or caring for arrestees, and not have to worry about paying out dimes......a brilliant grasp of the law again.......stunningly consistent.

Bland was not on a suicide watch. She gave no indication she was suicidal which is one of the questions asked when you are booked. You seem to think every person who is jailed and has ever had a mental health history has to be monitored every hour. Well,let's see that would be half the population. How ridiculous are you?

Sal

Sal

Want to go fishing, Mr. Oats?

You can do all of the baiting.

2seaoat

which doesn't excuse your negligence.

Yes, tex.....Sandra did not get bailed out and her jailer's are excused from negligence.......gee Tex.....what is wrong with you.

You seem to think every person who is jailed and has ever had a mental health history has to be monitored every hour. Well,let's see that would be half the population. How ridiculous are you?

You simply are ignorant of jail standards.  I will not try to educate you as to the same, but I saw numerous violations from the git go in photos.  As I have explained to you before I have been involved in jail hangings.  I will leave it at that........the family will win a considerable settlement or verdict.   The old sovereign immunity defense has been over turned by the courts.  They had a duty to protect ALL arrestees.......they breached their duty.  Not being bailed out is not an intervening cause of her death.  I am not going to waste time discussing this with somebody who actually claims to have knowledge when you have displayed repeatedly you have inherent limitations.  We will simply wait for the trials......notice the plural.

2seaoat

Want to go fishing, Mr. Oats?

You can do all of the baiting.

I seem to repeatedly fool the fish......

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:which doesn't excuse your negligence.

Yes, tex.....Sandra did not get bailed out and her jailer's are excused from negligence.......gee Tex.....what is wrong with you.

You seem to think every person who is jailed and has ever had a mental health history has to be monitored every hour. Well,let's see that would be half the population. How ridiculous are you?

You simply are ignorant of jail standards.  I will not try to educate you as to the same, but I saw numerous violations from the git go in photos.  As I have explained to you before I have been involved in jail hangings.  I will leave it at that........the family will win a considerable settlement or verdict.   The old sovereign immunity defense has been over turned by the courts.  They had a duty to protect ALL arrestees.......they breached their duty.  Not being bailed out is not an intervening cause of her death.  I am not going to waste time discussing this with somebody who actually claims to have knowledge when you have displayed repeatedly you have inherent limitations.  We will simply wait for the trials......notice the plural.

Maybe there was some violations but you have no clue what procedures the jail took and whether they were enough to conclude the jail was responsible. If she was placed in a suicide cell because she was suicidal at the time through observation or self reporting is one thing. To assume they are responsible because she was in a holding cell and there was a plastic trash bag in there is another. I personally don't know what their procedures were and I can bet you don't either so to say this woman's family will win a verdict is your usual BS w/o any evidence. Please don't waste your time telling me something you don't know. It gets old.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide - Page 9 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbbsimg.ngfiles.com%2F1%2F11649000%2Fngbbs45bc98c7094a9

2seaoat

Without going into  the trash bag itself, without going into basic jail protocols, why do you think leaving a fifty five gallon plastic garbage can in a group cell might be against ALL jail protocols.......let's see who can use common sense why this was a violation?  This weekend watch MSNBC where they visit county jails and prisons and guess why this was a violation of jail protocols?

Now if we go into why a fifty five gallon trash bag was left in a jail group cell and do not understand why belts and shoelaces are removed from EVERY inmate, you are incapable of understanding why they sued over the other violations.  Every jail expert will crucify this killing field.  Sandra Bland was a human being who was improperly put into a jail cell.  They will pay.....and T this thread is waiting to end when incompetent police are punished.....I am waiting.

Vikingwoman

Guess what Oatie? Not everybody is put in a regular cell. They have holding cells where they do not take any of your clothes until your completely processed and going to stay awhile. We don't know what kind of cell Bland was placed in and what the protocols were but of course you know everything about every jail in the country.

2seaoat

Guess what Oatie? Not everybody is put in a regular cell. They have holding cells where they do not take any of your clothes until your completely processed and going to stay awhile. We don't know what kind of cell Bland was placed in and what the protocols were but of course you know everything about every jail in the country.

Really?  So you think after a person is booked and processed that is the protocol.   You cannot help yourself talking about something you have absolutely no knowledge.  This is more fun than I can tell you.   I love this place.

2seaoat

You do know she was booked and processed, or are you completely in la la land?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

She was also calling friends and family for bail money.

Vikingwoman

I worked in the jail many years ago but the protocol has changed,no doubt. I booked and fingerprinted the arrestee's. My contractor was recently arrested for a suspended license and taken to the SRC jail. I bailed him out and he was placed in a holding cell w/ no strip search or anything until he bonded out. Oh yeah and he was black.

2seaoat

She was also calling friends and family for bail money.

Yes, after she was booked and processed.  When she was found dead, it was her third day in this jail.

I worked in the jail many years ago but the protocol has changed,no doubt. I booked and fingerprinted the arrestee's. My contractor was recently arrested for a suspended license and taken to the SRC jail. I bailed him out and he was placed in a holding cell w/ no strip search or anything until he bonded out. Oh yeah and he was black.

Did he remain in handcuffs in the holding cell?  Was he processed prior to the holding cell or after?

The family has a lay down case, but it is only the start.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Without going into  the trash bag itself, without going into basic jail protocols, why do you think leaving a fifty five gallon plastic garbage can in a group cell might be against ALL jail protocols.......let's see who can use common sense why this was a violation?  This weekend watch MSNBC where they visit county jails and prisons and guess why this was a violation of jail protocols?

Now if we go into why a fifty five gallon trash bag was left in a jail group cell and do not understand why belts and shoelaces are removed from EVERY inmate, you are incapable of understanding why they sued over the other violations.  Every jail expert will crucify this killing field.  Sandra Bland was a human being who was improperly put into a jail cell.  They will pay.....and T this thread is waiting to end when incompetent police are punished.....I am waiting.

Oh, I'm sorry ... I did not realize you were an expert on "jail protocols."

Mind telling us what training certificates you hold from the American Correctional Association or the Texas Commission on Jail Standards?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

May I also point out ... having read only about half the posts in this overlong thread thus far ... the circumstances of her arrest by a State trooper & the circumstances of her suicide in a County jail 3 days later have exactly zero to do with each other.

2seaoat

Oh, I'm sorry ... I did not realize you were an expert on "jail protocols."

Mind telling us what training certificates you hold from the American Correctional Association or the Texas Commission on Jail Standards?

I have been an expert for the last thirty years, but if I told you why, I would have to eliminate you and we both know that you love your cycle too much to risk me telling you who I am.....my wife will tell you soon enough when I am gone, but I will write something up for you explaining why these things are second nature and answered in real time in minutes without cut and paste, but then you already know I am an expert, and it piszes you off.  Sorry, but your racial threads and hidden Leo background are obvious.....Navy...yep.

2seaoat

But for an unlawful arrest, she NEVER would be in jail.  If you cannot understand that simple concept, I guess you will NEVER understand why I am an expert on jail hangings......I love this place.  This thread will remain with me posting until Sandra Bland is accorded any semblance of justice.  There was none.

Vikingwoman

It wasn't an unlawful arrest, Oatie and I don't know why you keep saying that. It makes me think you weren't very good at what you did. You make assumptions w/o knowing all the facts and that certainly is not good. Whoever you are I wouldn't know you anyway unless you were famous and I doubt that.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:But for an unlawful arrest, she NEVER would be in jail.  If you cannot understand that simple concept, I guess you will NEVER understand why I am an expert on jail hangings......I love this place.  This thread will remain with me posting until Sandra Bland is accorded any semblance of justice.  There was none.

Honestly, Oatie you'd have a hard time convincing me you were an expert on anything. Some of the calls you have made on situations makes me suspicious as to why you are so zealous about any of your qualifications or lack of?

2seaoat

unless you were famous and I doubt that.

I remain a legend in my own mind.  It was an unlawful arrest and never would have survived a motion to quash if Sandra would have gotten competent representation, but poor people looking for employment and unable to find five hundred bucks for unnecessary bail would never have gotten competent representation.

I love this place....I have no idea who you are, or what you do.....but I know you were not very good at what you did.......stunningly consistent.

Actually, I am not very good at anything except being a good husband, father and grandfather, and friend to many.  This is a moral and legal issue.  You have no legal training or understanding, and I think you need to reread polecat's post.....it says volumes about some people around this forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum