Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mom and several children fired at by New Mexico police in a bungled traffic stop

+5
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://gma.yahoo.com/minivan-stop-turns-wild-chase-mom-kids-233648112--abc-news-topstories.html

Welcome to Amerika Inc. New Mexico cops are representative of most cops in today's police state - - In this case, a mother is pulled over for driving 71 mph in a 55 mph zone. Acting as though she were a terrorist, the cops eventually open fire on the van full of an unarmed woman and several children.

Fuck these cops and all like them. I'd be happy if they all had severe chest pains for a month before succumbing to a rotten heart problem!

Reality!

Disgusting and criminal. We the people better start recognizing patterns again... before it's too late.

What people forget about police states in history is that it never happens in a single moment... it's slowly ratcheted.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

But like you said there is no way to oppose the brutality. They say let it happen and hit them in court with lawyers. Problem is you or your loved one may be very dead by then...so what is a law abiding citizen to do when the cops are the criminals ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The cops and that woman are both fucked up.  
The woman shouldn't have sped off from a police stop knowing she had five children in the fucking car and she was running from the cops.
The cops are fucked up because they acted like the woman was a muslim terrorist.

No I'm not defending the cops because they acted like animals.
But if the woman had just let the first cop do his job and give her
a ticket it would not have escalated into that insanity.

These days whenever I'm out driving in my car,  I have two enemies.
The other people
The cops
I try to avoid having anything to do with either of them.  So far it's worked pretty well.

p.s. but I wouldn't live in New Mexico knowing the cops and the other authorities AND the doctors will give me a colonoscopy looking for drugs and they can get away with it. New Mexico my ass. It's now more like old Mexico.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mom and several children fired at by New Mexico police in a bungled traffic stop 510

Mom and several children fired at by New Mexico police in a bungled traffic stop Fatcop10

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:The cops and that woman are both fucked up.  
The woman shouldn't have sped off from a police stop knowing she had five children in the fucking car and she was running from the cops.
The cops are fucked up because they acted like the woman was a muslim terrorist.

No I'm not defending the cops because they acted like animals.
But if the woman had just let the first cop do his job and give her
a ticket it would not have escalated into that insanity.

These days whenever I'm out driving in my car,  I have two enemies.
The other people
The cops
I try to avoid having anything to do with either of them.  So far it's worked pretty well.

p.s.  but I wouldn't live in New Mexico knowing the cops and the other authorities AND the doctors will give me a colonoscopy looking for drugs and they can get away with it.  New Mexico my ass.  It's now more like old Mexico.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The woman resisted and her 14 year old son attacked the policeman.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:The woman resisted and her 14 year old son attacked the policeman.
Yes you are a good little programmed slave...that is all that is necessary for a cop to OPEN FIRE ...geeze ....

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:The woman resisted and her 14 year old son attacked the policeman.
Yes, she sure did.   She endangered her children. 

I am not sure how the cops should handle a situation with a crazy person driving a van full of kids.   But cops should not shoot into a vehicle with kids in it.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Yes you are a good little programmed slave...that is all that is necessary for a cop to OPEN FIRE ...geeze ....
Do you think this driver acted appropriately?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It ain't about the frickin driver ! The cops opened fire on CHILDREN !...I am so disgusted with apologists for this rapidly growing police state...I hope you get first hand experience with it and get your mind changed.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:It ain't about the frickin driver ! The cops opened fire on CHILDREN !...I am so disgusted with apologists for this rapidly growing police state...I hope you get first hand experience with it and get your mind changed.
I said that the cops shouldn't have fired into the van with kids.  But the way you post, you sound like this woman is totally innocent and the cops just started shooting. 

Citizens have rights but they also have responsibilities.  

As to your ugly comment about what you wish for me,   I can tell you that if I refuse to stop for a cop, I will have a DAMN good reason!

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
p.s.  but I wouldn't live in New Mexico knowing the cops and the other authorities AND the doctors will give me a colonoscopy looking for drugs and they can get away with it.  New Mexico my ass.  It's now more like old Mexico.
That's a good observation.

The article stated she was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia among other things, so she may have had a legitimate concern that the cops were gonna take her to the hospital and search for drugs in all the wrong places.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:It ain't about the frickin driver ! The cops opened fire on CHILDREN !...I am so disgusted with apologists for this rapidly growing police state...I hope you get first hand experience with it and get your mind changed.
I said that the cops shouldn't have fired into the van with kids.  But the way you post, you sound like this woman is totally innocent and the cops just started shooting. 

As to your ugly comment about what you wish for me,   I can tell you that if I refuse to stop for a cop, I will have a DAMN good reason!
Oh I don't want you or anyone hurt by a cop but I have had a cop side with his buddies in a traffic accident and that's what I mean by an experience..

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

If they shoot...shoot the damn tires. I do not agree with opening fire on the van.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Oh I don't want you or anyone hurt by a cop but I have had a cop side with his buddies in a traffic accident and that's what I mean by an experience..
I didn't say that the cops were right in what they did.  I said they were wrong.

2seaoat

The Police and the mother were both guilty of some poor choices.  The mother driving away from the legal stop with children in the car is the worse behavior of all the parties.  When she stops a second time and resists and her son becomes involved attacking an officer, this becomes a felony rather than a simple traffic citation.  

The officer who was beating on the window of the van had lost control of his emotion, and depending on the administrative review of the officer shooting at the van, no member of the public was in immediate danger, nor were the officers.   Shooting out tires with children in a van is not standard police procedure, and that officer and the officer beating on the window in my opinion are going to be given administrative leave.

I am very critical of the police, and expect them to follow the law and protect constitutional rights of citizens.   The mother is a criminal.  period.   The officers in trying to arrest that criminal, displayed inconsistent behavior from standard police training.   However, this video is not about an out of control police state, but a criminal twice trying to escape, and some over reaction by two police officers.   I am no apologist, but if in the future folks just think they can run from police.   Innocent third parties are going to be at risk and the police must SAFELY arrest the perp.   They appear to have been angry.   Anger and enforcement of the law need to be separated, but this mother's conduct is inexcuseble.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What we don't know is WHY the woman suddenly fled the cop to seek safety inside her car. Clearly, from the video, it's evident the cop said or did something that frightened her.

And your excuse for the woman and her 14-year old son (neither of them were armed and obviously the son was trying to defend the woman from the aggressive, frightened, bullying cop) doesn't warrant the shooter cop from opening up on the fleeing car. What's clear here, is that cop WANTED to kill the mother or any of her kids in the van.

You want to defend cops? Fine with me. I want to enjoy their funerals.

2seaoat

What's clear here, is that cop WANTED to kill the mother or any of her kids in the van.

You want to defend cops? Fine with me. I want to enjoy their funerals.

Your post is silly. The officer who discharged his weapon was wrong. If the perp had a hostage, the officer would be authorized to attempt to shoot out the tires if discharging his weapon was to protect a member of the public or another officer. I saw no immediate risk to the public, or any of the other officers when the mini van pulled away. The officer will be found to be wrong, but to conclude that the officer wanted to kill the mother is silly, and an administrative hearing will be conducted as to why he made a decision to discharge his weapon. My best man's father was a police officer who died from a shotgun to the face in a bar robbery. The pain his mother, his brother, and he suffered before decent pensions were available made me appreciate long ago that each case must be judged individually, but to wish for funerals........well I am beginning to smell a sock. It is a familiar smell.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
What we don't know is WHY the woman suddenly fled the cop to seek safety inside her car.  Clearly, from the video, it's evident the cop said or did something that frightened her.

And your excuse for the woman and her 14-year old son (neither of them were armed and obviously the son was trying to defend the woman from the aggressive, frightened, bullying cop) doesn't warrant the shooter cop from opening up on the fleeing car.  What's clear here, is that cop WANTED to kill the mother or any of her kids in the van.

You want to defend cops? Fine with me.  I want to enjoy their funerals.  

The cop said something that freightend her? You didn't listen to the audio.

Did the cop know they were unarmed?

The cop wanted to kill the mother?

You don't have any comments about the mother putting her children in danger, why?

As for a funeral......

Nothing enjoyable about attending the funeral of a police officer.
Nothing enjoyable about watching a wife and 3 small children cry.
Nothing enjoyable seeing a mother and grandmother grieve for their son and grandson.
Nothing enjoyable about watching the brothers, sisters and cousins break down.

cool1

cool1

more than likely they shot at the tires, They knew the children were in the car and if people would pull off the road and just get the dang ticket we wouldn't be reading such stories , Crazy for people thinking they can just drive off --actually its stupid.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:The Police and the mother were both guilty of some poor choices.  The mother driving away from the legal stop with children in the car is the worse behavior of all the parties.  When she stops a second time and resists and her son becomes involved attacking an officer, this becomes a felony rather than a simple traffic citation.  

The officer who was beating on the window of the van had lost control of his emotion, and depending on the administrative review of the officer shooting at the van, no member of the public was in immediate danger, nor were the officers.   Shooting out tires with children in a van is not standard police procedure, and that officer and the officer beating on the window in my opinion are going to be given administrative leave.

I am very critical of the police, and expect them to follow the law and protect constitutional rights of citizens.   The mother is a criminal.  period.   The officers in trying to arrest that criminal, displayed inconsistent behavior from standard police training.   However, this video is not about an out of control police state, but a criminal twice trying to escape, and some over reaction by two police officers.   I am no apologist, but if in the future folks just think they can run from police.   Innocent third parties are going to be at risk and the police must SAFELY arrest the perp.   They appear to have been angry.   Anger and enforcement of the law need to be separated, but this mother's conduct is inexcuseble.
This mother's conduct is perfectly understandable if she was made to believe by the whacko cops that she and her children were in real danger from these "peace" officers!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
What we don't know is WHY the woman suddenly fled the cop to seek safety inside her car.  Clearly, from the video, it's evident the cop said or did something that frightened her.

And your excuse for the woman and her 14-year old son (neither of them were armed and obviously the son was trying to defend the woman from the aggressive, frightened, bullying cop) doesn't warrant the shooter cop from opening up on the fleeing car.  What's clear here, is that cop WANTED to kill the mother or any of her kids in the van.

The cop said something that freightend her?  You didn't listen to the audio.

Did the cop know they were unarmed?

The cop wanted to kill the mother?

You don't have any comments about the mother putting her children in danger, why?

As for a funeral......

Nothing enjoyable about attending the funeral of a police officer.
Nothing enjoyable about watching a wife and 3 small children cry.
Nothing enjoyable seeing a mother and grandmother grieve for their son and grandson.
Nothing enjoyable about watching the brothers, sisters and cousins break down.
Police behavior, in Watts, Miami, NYC and virtually every major U.S. city of late shows a dramatic increase in unjustified shootings and beatings.

Brutal cops make all cops our enemy. I have no regrets hearing about officers like these New Mexico nutcases getting killed. None. And, apparently, their bosses could also care less about the victim's survivors grieving -- all too frequently such shootings as this one are labeled "justified."

24Mom and several children fired at by New Mexico police in a bungled traffic stop Empty jonimaroni 11/18/2013, 8:07 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

You questioned me claiming the New Mexico cop shooter wanted to kill the mother. I didn't say that. But, for sure, he wasn't shooting at tires and he damned well knew the car contained a mother and children and was attempting to flee (no threat to anyone).

Fuck that cop. I hope they hang his ass.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:

Can you read?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum