Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide

+6
Hospital Bob
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Vikingwoman

BTW, how in the hell do I curtail everyone else's rights to improve my own outcome? That doesn't even make sense? I call it how I see it- no matter what color they are. Trayvon Martin was pounding the shit out of Zimmerman's head. I'd have shot him too.

2seaoat

A passenger just shot and killed a police officer......officer safety criteria by the Supreme Court decisions increases with the number of passengers in a stopped vehicle.  It was not Witherspoons words, but her physically getting out of the car when instructed to remain when the officer was distracted with a sobriety test......She plead guilty because she was guilty and any defense would have lost......she and her lawyers were wise......exactly what I said a year ago.

polecat

polecat

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide - Page 8 Living

polecat

polecat

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide - Page 8 11058321_1606029836342831_6908295595874839417_n

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:There wasn't any differences, Oatie. One was told to get out of the car and one was told to get in the car.

That "officer" (I hesitate even to give him that much respect) had no valid reason to stop Ms. Bland, and certainly had no reason to have her get out of her vehicle, which he accomplished, on camera, by force.  We can't see what happened next, except we can hear Ms. Bland complaining that he forced her head to the ground and she couldn't hear...for a damn SIGNAL?  Give me a break.  If you were a cop, you were a damn poor one.  And Reese Witherspoon was DRUNK...not even close to this situation.

Oh so since I don't agree w/ your assessment I was a poor cop? I have news for you and your constant biased views on anything that has to do w/ race. You're not competent to evaluate anything where race is involved. You ignore everything but the fact that the person was black. The cop legally pulled her over. It may have been petty but he also pulled over a white person previous to her. We've also established he had the right to ask her to get out of the car whether she refused to stop smoking or not. Maybe he didn't want to breath her smoke but he had a right to ask her to get out of the car and she refused. She then started calling him names and was fighting w/ him while he was trying to cuff her and kicked him. Yes he yelled at her but he asked her many times to get out of the car. Now you want to act like all that was ok. You're FOS! Witherspoon may have been drunk but she did no less than Bland when she didn't obey his order and got arrested for verbally obstructing justice. No difference!

Once he issued the traffic citation, the stop was over.  He had no right, and did not cite any probable cause, to continue the stop or to physically force her to exit the vehicle, including threatening her with a taser.  He was baiting her.  Off camera, neither you nor I can state what actually happened.  I do believe there was an element of racism here, but I can't prove it.  But, from your comments over time, including defending George Zimmerman, I can say that I do believe you're not the sharpest tool in the drawer.

You're absolutely wrong. The stop was over when she signed the citation. You know nothing about law enforcement and he can make her get out of the car. Of course, you think it was racism. You always do. The facts are the officer and the trooper referred to her kicking him in the video. I guess they made that up on the spot. As for Zimmerman, you also weren't there and couldn't figure out that cracking someone's head on the cement was justifiable for shooting him.At least the jury was smarter than you. I don't think you're too sharp yourself. You don't have the ability to be impartial therefore you can't assess anything properly. Maybe that goes to your intelligence or maybe you're biased because you have a mixed race grandchild but something is missing there.

I have two mixed-race grandchildren.  And I was always top of my class, so who are you to question my intelligence?  Can you claim the same?

Who gives a damn?

The woman's reaction and her behaviour was inappropriate. She may very well have been on drugs. Same with May.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:A passenger just shot and killed a police officer......officer safety criteria by the Supreme Court decisions increases with the number of passengers in a stopped vehicle.  It was not Witherspoons words, but her physically getting out of the car when instructed to remain when the officer was distracted with a sobriety test......She plead guilty because she was guilty and any defense would have lost......she and her lawyers were wise......exactly what I said a year ago.

You never cease to amaze me,Oatie when you twist stuff to make yourself right. The cop would have never said a word to Witherspoon if she hadn't of said anything. She was aggravating him w/ her US citizen stuff and questioning him. Geez! Any fool could see that.

2seaoat

She plead guilty.  Duh.  Why.....because her free speech rights were violated?  Completely the wrong analysis again......never heard of Gant......never heard of the zone of safety.....you just are not well read in legal issues and have difficulty with legal concepts which require being well read.  A little knowledge is very dangerous when acting like a doctor or lawyer without requisite conceptual understanding.  You are like a person pretending to understand anatomy and somebody asks was there swelling in the thorax region and you pick the patients foot up and say no.....then when confronted with.....why are you looking at the foot when the thorax is the chest region......your response well I was looking at the chest....I was just lining up the foot with the chest.......yep....or you did not have a clue of the concept of thorax.

Vikingwoman

She pled guilty to obstructing, you old fool! LOL! You are not good at analyzing situations and read into stuff that is not there. How can you possibly begin to read case law when you can't even decipher what happened? You do this all the time. You did it in Zimmerman, May and Bland. Now this? When you can accurately cull the facts then you can cite case law but so far you're way off the mark.

2seaoat

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trooper-in-sandra-bland-case-is-under-criminal-probe-1437589219

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/07/breaking-new-video-show-texas-state-police-officer-lies-to-dispatch-about-sandra-bland-arrest/

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/brian-encinia-texas-state-trooper-waller-county-officer-cop-arrested-sandra-sandy-bland-traffic-stop-video-arrest-investigation-desk-duty-fired-charges-wrongdoing-photo-age-experience/

Sal

Sal

Those links are all a month old, Oats.

What's your point?

2seaoat

That is my point.....nothing is being done yet as the next citizen gunned down has moved the press from this stop.  There has been no official action taken in over 30 days and the media has forgotten Sandra like she never existed.....one after the other bad behavior by police leaves people numb, but the key to stopping this is not justice delayed.

Vikingwoman

His point is he is going to post extremely biased articles on the arrest to make himself look right. Really pathetic Oatie.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:That is my point.....nothing is being done yet as the next citizen gunned down has moved the press from this stop.  There has been no official action taken in over 30 days and the media has forgotten Sandra like she never existed.....one after the other bad behavior by police leaves people numb, but the key to stopping this is not justice delayed.

Sandra Bland was lawfully arrested and that is why no action has taken place. You can't stand the fact you were wrong again. LOL!

2seaoat

The officer should not be a police officer and a month has been plenty of time to reach the conclusion that he should find other work.  He is a liar and his actions led to this totally unnecessary death.  I want justice for Sandra, and none of the articles are biased.....the rookie officer needs to never wear a badge again.

Vikingwoman

He is a liar? What evidence do you have this officer lied? This is what I'm talking about when you state your opinions based on no evidence whatsoever. You just decide this is what happened whether true or not and go on from there. I can't believe how ridiculous you are?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sandra Bland died in a jail cell needlessly, and all you can do is defend the cop. Failure to signal? Are you kidding me? Failure to put out her cigarette? Ridiculous. The cop CLEARLY pulled her out of the car and threatened her with a taser. What universe do you live in. I actually lived in that part of the country for several years...technically, I guess I actually lived in that county...on the fringe of it, in Katy, west of Houston.

One night, when I was working as a leasing agent for an office complex on I-10, Shakey the painter brought me a bottle of Wild Turkey at the office Christmas party. Well...we killed that, shut down the party, and went to a bar. We also shut that down and I tried to find my way home. No doubt...I was drunk and had no business driving. I got stopped in one of the villages...the policeman: 1) had me follow him to the police lot, where I left my car, 2) drove me home, approx. 10 miles, 3) had me pick up the car the next morning, 4) did not even mention a citation, 5) did not charge me for the impound. No DWI...no harassment...no nothing...just a good guy doing his job.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Sandra Bland died in a jail cell needlessly, and all you can do is defend the cop.  Failure to signal?  Are you kidding me?  Failure to put out her cigarette?  Ridiculous.  The cop CLEARLY pulled her out of the car and threatened her with a taser.  What universe do you live in.  I actually lived in that part of the country for several years...technically, I guess I actually lived in that county...on the fringe of it, in Katy, west of Houston.  

One night, when I was working as a leasing agent for an office complex on I-10, Shakey the painter brought me a bottle of Wild Turkey at the office Christmas party.  Well...we killed that, shut down the party, and went to a bar.  We also shut that down and I tried to find my way home.  No doubt...I was drunk and had no business driving.  I got stopped in one of the villages...the policeman:  1) had me follow him to the police lot, where I left my car, 2) drove me home, approx. 10 miles, 3) had me pick up the car the next morning, 4) did not even mention a citation, 5) did not charge me for the impound.  No DWI...no harassment...no nothing...just a good guy doing his job.

You should have been arrested.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
One night, when I was working as a leasing agent for an office complex on I-10, Shakey the painter brought me a bottle of Wild Turkey at the office Christmas party.  Well...we killed that, shut down the party, and went to a bar.  We also shut that down and I tried to find my way home.  No doubt...I was drunk and had no business driving.  I got stopped in one of the villages...the policeman:  1) had me follow him to the police lot, where I left my car, 2) drove me home, approx. 10 miles, 3) had me pick up the car the next morning, 4) did not even mention a citation, 5) did not charge me for the impound.  No DWI...no harassment...no nothing...just a good guy doing his job.

How old are you?

Just in the ballpark, not specifically.

My dad has told me that used to be the way these things were handled, but I think all that changed sometime around 1980 when MADD got rolling.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:I have looked on Utube and it is not posted yet, but my summary would be disgraceful.   A simple traffic citation which should be a warning results in physical threats including use of a taser to remove the woman from her car and like the Mays case she is asking rightfully what she has done.....shameful.   America must immediately change our criminal statutes because we have created a monster which is consuming our citizens.   This was just like the Mays stop....it is simply wrong under the framework of what our founding fathers fought a revolution and implemented a constitution to protect our citizens from arbitrary and capricious seizing of our bodies or things.   The Supreme Court has finally said enough with the exceptions to the fourth Amendment which have been a source of incredible abuses as the drug war has created a police state.  It is time to make routine minor traffic stops simple warnings without fee structure to support this bloated, corrupt criminal justice system.

As I watch this woman being pulled over for failure to signal on a lane change....."are you done".....you mind putting out your cigarette.....get out of your car....I am going to drag you out of the car.....get out get out.....assaulting a law enforcement officer......this police officer is now on desk duty as he totally was not following standard police procedures and again escalated a simple stop.....the way this officer was talking to this woman is TOTALLY unacceptable.....to be put in jail for three days for an improper signal to change lanes where they leave a garbage bag in the jail cell.....my god when will these abuses and failure to follow standard procedures end.   How many people will be ground up in this police state?

WTH is wrong w/ you? The woman was not arrested for failure to change lanes, for Christssake! She was arrested for disobeying a lawful order and kicking the cop. Here you are again making up stuff!

Vikingwoman

Floridatexan wrote:
Sandra Bland died in a jail cell needlessly, and all you can do is defend the cop.  Failure to signal?  Are you kidding me?  Failure to put out her cigarette?  Ridiculous.  The cop CLEARLY pulled her out of the car and threatened her with a taser.  What universe do you live in.  I actually lived in that part of the country for several years...technically, I guess I actually lived in that county...on the fringe of it, in Katy, west of Houston.  

Sandra Bland dies in a jail cell because she was mentally ill and failed to obey a lawful order and kicked a cop. Why do you ignore that? Who cares about your drunken night? You really should have been arrested and if Sandra Bland wasn't such a an ass she wouldn't have went to jail. It's her own fault!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

How old are you?

My dad has told me that used to be the way these things were handled, but I think all that changed sometime around 1980 when MADD got rolling.

Years ago a very nice young Pensacola policeman stopped a drunk walking home....instead of taking him to jail to sleep it off, he gave him a ride home. The drunk thanked him, went inside started smoking a cigarette and fell asleep. He burned to death.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Salinsky wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

How old are you?

I don't mind telling my age. I'm 65. This was around 1976 or 77. Since I was born in 1950, the age thingy is a no-brainer. My marriage was on the rocks, and I was a very unhappy person. And...the cop didn't want to arrest me.

2seaoat

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/08/11/sheriff-in-the-county-where-sandra-bland-died-tells-protesting-methodist-pastor-to-go-back-to-the-church-of-satan/

polecat

polecat

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide - Page 8 11822401_1452683241725209_376652597227707907_n

2seaoat

Ouch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum