Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide

+6
Hospital Bob
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

2seaoat

I have looked on Utube and it is not posted yet, but my summary would be disgraceful.   A simple traffic citation which should be a warning results in physical threats including use of a taser to remove the woman from her car and like the Mays case she is asking rightfully what she has done.....shameful.   America must immediately change our criminal statutes because we have created a monster which is consuming our citizens.   This was just like the Mays stop....it is simply wrong under the framework of what our founding fathers fought a revolution and implemented a constitution to protect our citizens from arbitrary and capricious seizing of our bodies or things.   The Supreme Court has finally said enough with the exceptions to the fourth Amendment which have been a source of incredible abuses as the drug war has created a police state.  It is time to make routine minor traffic stops simple warnings without fee structure to support this bloated, corrupt criminal justice system.

As I watch this woman being pulled over for failure to signal on a lane change....."are you done".....you mind putting out your cigarette.....get out of your car....I am going to drag you out of the car.....get out get out.....assaulting a law enforcement officer......this police officer is now on desk duty as he totally was not following standard police procedures and again escalated a simple stop.....the way this officer was talking to this woman is TOTALLY unacceptable.....to be put in jail for three days for an improper signal to change lanes where they leave a garbage bag in the jail cell.....my god when will these abuses and failure to follow standard procedures end.   How many people will be ground up in this police state?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bad arrest, ya think?   Tell it to the judge (who she saw the following morning & could have bonded out if she could find someone willing to put up $500 for her bail.)   It's not like it was the first time she'd seen the inside of a jail cell.   Maybe her friends & family were sick & tired of bailing her out .... yet again?

I fail to see what the debatable circumstances of this particular arrest have to do with a crazy bipolar lady becoming depressed & committing suicide in jail?

This story is much ado about nothing. I'd rather discuss Anthony Hervey's death. Now there's a story!

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 7/21/2015, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

It is police officers acting badly.....and like the Mays case, people will follow the mob and condemn this woman because she refused to put out her cigarette in the car......she was arrested because the officer asked her if something was bothering her and she told the officer quite frankly it was a bad stop.....and he goes ........are you done now.......put out your cigarette.....she was not arrested, there was no probable cause for an arrest, there was no officer safety issue, she was not impaired.....just like citizen Mays she was sticking up for her constitutional rights and the officer did not like her ATTITUDE which in Pensacola gets a hundred comments and letter talking about how a citizen had a bad ATTITUDE....this officer will lose his job.....he like the Pensacola stop threw out the constitution and tried to commandeer a citizen, but fortunately for Mr. Mays he demanded to speak to a supervisor, which every American should do when police are acting ultra vires........it is an epidemic supported by the worst of human behavior as shown in Pensacola, but this woman died after three days of being jailed for NOTHING.   Shameful to tolerate this behavior.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:It is police officers acting badly.....and like the Mays case, people will follow the mob and condemn this woman because she refused to put out her cigarette in the car......she was arrested because the officer asked her if something was bothering her and she told the officer quite frankly it was a bad stop.....and he goes ........are you done now.......put out your cigarette.....she was not arrested, there was no probable cause for an arrest, there was no officer safety issue, she was not impaired  ...

Given her demeanor ... how was the Officer to know she was not impaired till he got her out of the car?   Maybe she should have just put out the cigarette? ... it was a reasonable request.   Failure to signal where signal is required by law = good stop.   A person acting irate & refusing to accede to reasonable requests is basis to believe there may be something wrong with a person .... mentally or due to chemical impairment.   The Officer would have been remiss, negligent even, to send a person who by their words/behavior is possibly impaired or suffering from a psychological or psychiatric event to proceed down the road with just a warning and no further inquiry.

But you'll never understand it because you've never been on the other side of the badge. An Office has to consider the public safety at large when considering whether to send someone on down the road.

I wonder if the toxicology report from her autopsy has been ... or will be released?

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 7/21/2015, 11:07 pm; edited 4 times in total

2seaoat

I fail to see what the debatable circumstances of this particular arrest have to do with a crazy bipolar lady becoming depressed & committing suicide in jail?

You need to see the squad video.  It is a bad arrest.  The officer was totally out of line with his attitude and lack of professionalism.  She should NEVER have been forced out of her vehicle when there was no officer safety issue, no impairment issue, and no probable cause of a criminal violation.   She needed to be handed her citation and not confronted unprofessionally and thrown in jail for three days for an improper lane signal.....really.....you think this is about her being depressed and taking her life........no this is about an out of control police state.  It has NOTHING to do with race, lack of respect of citizens crosses racial lines.   The tail is waggin the dog and these abuses WILL come to an end.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

See edit of my last post.

2seaoat

Given her demeanor ... how was the Officer to know she was not impaired till he got her out of the car?

Maybe she should have just put out the cigarette? ... it was a reasonable request.

Failure to signal where signal is required by law = good stop.

I wonder if the toxicology report from her autopsy has been ... or will be released?

Total BS.  They caught the officer on tape trying to convince supervision that he was asking her out of the car to sign her paperwork.....after the fact lies, and the usual suspects giving police rights they DO NOT have.   The officer never mentioned a violation of the law, officer safety, rather he tries to cover up that this wrongful extraction was to have her sign the citation......and as usual people will rush to support these bad stops without taking a deep breath and ask the question......improper lane signal.....really.....three days in jail and death by suicide.....if you think $500 bond for a minor traffic citation is nothing to a person who is traveling with limited funds for a new job.....what has this country become.   Shameful.....old scared people like Silas Marner seeking floor boards to hide their gold and have someone protect them at any cost.....those who give up liberty for a little bit of security deserve neither.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Given her demeanor ... how was the Officer to know she was not impaired till he got her out of the car?

Maybe she should have just put out the cigarette? ... it was a reasonable request.

Failure to signal where signal is required by law = good stop.

Total BS.  They caught the officer on tape trying to convince supervision that he was asking her out of the car to sign her paperwork.....after the fact lies, and the usual suspects giving police rights they DO NOT have.   The officer never mentioned a violation of the law, officer safety, rather he tries to cover up that this wrongful extraction was to have her sign the citation......and as usual people will rush to support these bad stops without taking a deep breath and ask the question......improper lane signal.....really.....three days in jail and death by suicide.....if you think $500 bond for a minor traffic citation is nothing to a person who is traveling with limited funds for a new job.....what has this country become.   Shameful.....old scared people like Silas Marner seeking floor boards to hide their gold and have someone protect them at any cost.....those who give up liberty for a little bit of security deserve neither.

If an Officer asks you to step out of the car .... you need to step out of the car, not cuss the Officer & pitch a fit.   S/he is under no obligation to tell you why right then & there.

The $500 bond was for Assault on a Public Servant ... not a traffic citation.  And a judge reviewed that the next day.

I'm done with this.   It's a nothing story.  Just more of the race-baiting ratings chasing the media has been on lately.   It'll all be forgotten in a week or less and they'll be on to something else.

2seaoat

This story has nothing to do with race.   Like the Mays case where people tried to make it about Race, it had nothing to do with Race.   That arrest was a bad arrest, however under TX law once you are arrested you cannot resist even a bad arrest.  Her family will win a civil suit based upon the stop.  The jail did not follow proper jail protocols....period.   The stop is simply an officer not liking the attitude of a citizen.....sorry that is not a legitimate cause for probable cause, and there was no   officer safety concern by the officers own words....you could listen to him ramp up and escalate this stop because he did not like the attitude of the citizen.....just like the May's stop the mob tried to make that about race and a bad attitude.....at least you are consistent in trying to justify this on a racial basis.....not my argument......a bad arrest stands color blind.

Vikingwoman

You made the May case about race, Seaoat. Where did you see the video on this case?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/07/21/dashcam-video-sandra-bland-traffic-stop/30488377/

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:This story has nothing to do with race.   Like the Mays case where people tried to make it about Race, it had nothing to do with Race.   That arrest was a bad arrest, however under TX law once you are arrested you cannot resist even a bad arrest.  Her family will win a civil suit based upon the stop.  The jail did not follow proper jail protocols....period.   The stop is simply an officer not liking the attitude of a citizen.....sorry that is not a legitimate cause for probable cause, and there was no   officer safety concern by the officers own words....you could listen to him ramp up and escalate this stop because he did not like the attitude of the citizen.....just like the May's stop the mob tried to make that about race and a bad attitude.....at least you are consistent in trying to justify this on a racial basis.....not my argument......a bad arrest stands color blind.

No civil case here,Oatie. He asked her to get out of the car and she refused. She escalated it just like May did. A good video on how not to act on a traffic stop. BTW,you have no clue whether the jail followed proper protocol.

Sal

Sal

That video has been edited.

It's been spliced and audio has been added.

Someone has some spainen to do.

2seaoat

BTW,you have no clue whether the jail followed proper protocol.

Actually, I do.  I saw the video showing the group cell with a garbage can and full size garbage bag.......a clear violation of removal of any items which can be used by  an arrestee to harm themselves.  I was largely responsible for changing  jail policies in a large city which had a rash of hangings because of failed booking protocols.  A jail which had seven people commit suicide by violations of protocols in less than three years has now gone thirty years without a single suicide.  Training and following procedures are essential.  Yes, there will be a civil law suit, and yes the family will prevail.

2seaoat

That video has been edited.

It's been spliced and audio has been added.

Someone has some spainen to do.

The rest of the video shows the officer giving a warning to another motorist.  Did you notice the officer leading the motorist away from the squad camera.  Fortunately, a bystander got video of the woman being roughly handled.  A citizen who is simply driving to her new job is yanked from her car because she questioned why she was being stopped.  She most certainly did not have to put her cigarette out until she was legally placed under arrest, and she had every right to question why she was being stopped.  The officer is on administrative leave in part because he failed to follow protocols which require him to explain the reason for the stop.  For Dreams to say that everything was ok is the usual entertainment......on NBC last night they clearly set out that the officer was on administrative leave for violations of Department policies.......by golly they need Dreams to tell them how things work from her days as a meter maid.......this ought to get her motorcycle going.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:This story has nothing to do with race.  

I never believed it was possible for you to say those words. In fact I still don't believe. Somebody must have hacked your account and stolen your identity.

Sal

Sal

If you watch the video closely from about the 32:00 mark to about the 35:00 mark, you will see that it is looped several times.

The same cars perform the same maneuvers several times, and there are breaks in the video.

At the same time, the audio remains unbroken.

This is one sketchy ass video.

Vikingwoman

Nobody said anything about her questioning him or putting out her cigarette. He asked her to get out of the car which he can do and she refused.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The cop got pissed because she answered his question.  He told her she seemed aggravated and asked why.  She answered him and her reasoning seemed valid.  At that point he decided to be a douche.  

I hope this guy loses his job.

Vikingwoman

He's not going to lose his job. I don't know when people decided it was ok to treat the police like shit? Many are just doing their job. Act like an adult and you won't get yourself in these situations. There are plenty of cops who do abuse citizens.It's just not necessary to antagonize the police.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Vikingwoman wrote:He's not going to lose his job. I don't know when people decided it was ok to treat the police like shit? Many are just doing their job. Act like an adult and you won't get yourself in these situations. There are plenty of cops who do abuse citizens.It's just not necessary to antagonize the police.

Where are you getting the idea that she treated him like shit? He told her she seemed agitated - a dickish comment that someone only makes if they're trying to escalate a situation. She explained why. That should have been it. He then decided to crank up the volume on his dickishness. "Can you put out that cigarette?"

This asshole entirely created that situation and has no business working in a career like that. He's terrible at it. We have plain video evidence of his incompetence.

Sal

Sal

The video starts with the cop letting a white girl go with only a warning and asking her about college, then he immediately speeds away in the opposite direction, pulls a black girl over for no valid reason, is disrespectful, manhandles her, and she ends up dead in a cell three days later.

So, it may be a bit premature to dismiss the issue of race.

2seaoat

He asked her to get out of the car which he can do and she refused.

An officer can ask a person to get out of their car if the officer believes there is probable cause for a crime committed or about to be committed.  Here the citation was going to be for improper signaling and the officer could ask the occupant out of the car if he had determined to issue the citation, had reason to believe the driver was impaired, or the officer feared for his safety during the stop.  None of these were present as his voice was captured on a recording where he was trying to cover his asz stating to his supervisor that he was asking the driver to leave the car to sign the citation.....a lie, and no mention of impairment, or fear for officer safety.  The man is on administrative leave because this was a totally bad extraction.  He failed to explain when the driver was asking reasonable questions.   As somebody else posted....he became piszed because the driver did not understand why she was stopped and the officer failed to properly instruct her on what was going to happen.  I did not suspend the officer to paid administrative leave......his department properly did that.  Citizens have the right to walk, drive a vehicle, or be in their homes without a police officer seizing them without a warrant.  There are exceptions to warrantless searchs but the Supreme Court is slowly cracking down on those abuses.  It is amazing how sheep like and cowardly our population has become when they think a citizen has no right to question a LEO.....they most certainly have that right, and they do not have to be polite, and can be irritated.   Professional training usually weeds out those candidates who are ill prepared to deal with the public in a respectful manner despite the irritation of a citizen stopped.  This officer escalated this stop, and is now on administrative leave.  He has a high probability of losing his job because he lost his composure and started an entirely unnecessary chain of events.

2seaoat

So, it may be a bit premature to dismiss the issue of race.

I saw so many color blind violations by the officer in the Mays case and this case that the question of race never even got beyond the numerous violations of citizen's rights.  I have dealt with racial profiling and understand that might be a component, but every citizen despite their color have constitutional rights to be safe and secure in their person and property without government seizure unless there is a warrant, or very clear exceptions to the warrant requirement.   We have become a nation of sheep who think this about black and white, and as evidenced by the Mays stop, the people wanted to lynch this man arguing that HE was making the race card play, or using his commissioner position to ask rude questions of the officer.....the constitution is color blind and violations of the same are violations despite the color of the citizen.

Sal

Sal

That they released such an amateurish and obviously edited video suggests they're used to getting away with some serious malfeasance down there.

A thorough DOJ investigation of their police procedures is warranted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum