Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case?

+9
QueenOfHearts
Sal
Markle
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
dumpcare
knothead
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case?

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap39%Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 39% [ 7 ]
Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 8 I_vote_lcap61%Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 61% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote: I can't believe this thread has gone on for 12 pages already......  What a Face 

It was a good thread.  We chose up sides just like we did back in elementary school after school was over out by the playground.  And then we commenced to get our feathers ruffled and fought tooth and nail.  
This is the stuff that gets the intellectual juices flowing.  Or if you listen to Sal and bds,  the stuff that makes morons keep spewing idiocy.  lol
In any case it's been fun and that should be what matters. As bds intimated, nobody here is doing brain surgery.

2seaoat

I will make this simple. Bob is all talk, and yes somebody will probably kick his asz and take his milk duds. Anybody who has never hurt someone and goes on about how they are going to hurt somebody and take the law into their own hands is just one more victim with a red lettered V on their shirt. Somebody who has hurt somebody and has been hurt, understands that we have been given a brain and two legs, and those parts of Bob's anatomy which he so proudly ignores allows him to fantasize about being a bad asz.......Sorry Bob....Walter Mitty never makes a good Rambo, and the laws of this country protect Bob......not your Walter Mitty fantasy. This has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives......it has everything to do with wussies pretending that they will fight and not run..........Read Joseph Conrad's Lord Jim......you may actually understand your dichotomy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I will make this simple.  Bob is all talk, and yes somebody will probably kick his asz and take his milk duds.  Anybody who has never hurt someone and goes on about how they are going to hurt somebody and take the law into their own hands is just one more victim with a red lettered V on their shirt.  Somebody who has hurt somebody and has been hurt, understands that we have been given a brain and two legs, and those parts of Bob's anatomy which he so proudly ignores allows him to fantasize about being a bad asz.......Sorry Bob....Walter Mitty never makes a good Rambo, and the laws of this country protect Bob......not your Walter Mitty fantasy.  This has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives......it has everything to do with wussies pretending that they will fight and not run..........Read Joseph Conrad's Lord Jim......you may actually understand your dichotomy.

As I have said before.....I do not have a gun because I learned a long time ago, given the right circumstances , I would be able to take a human life.

2seaoat

As I have said before.....I do not have a gun because I learned a long time ago, given the right circumstances , I would be able to take a human life.

You could be a stone cold killer. You have competed and you have gotten your asz kicked.....you have seen too many bad things to be cavalier about violence and if you said you were going to kick somebody's asz......I would give you street cred immediately. Bob is an extremely nice guy and extremely scared for whatever reason that he wants to get this down in his head. If he had really ever hurt somebody, he would understand that it is not like the movies he sneaks into......you feel like chit......of course that is the real world....not the world of Walter Mitty. Laws are there to protect all of us........if not, we need to change them.

I'm glad that the old man is ok... he didn't ask for any of this shit. And there's one less criminal... win/win.

2seaoat

I'm glad that the old man is ok... he didn't ask for any of this shit. And there's one less criminal... win/win.

I hope he is ok also......but he is not, nor is the dead criminal......lose/lose. I know people who have shot somebody breaking into their business.....they are not ok and the dead guy is not ok. Some people on this forum live in a fantasy world. This poor 80 year old man has had is life fundamentally changed. I hope some discretion is used.

2seaoat wrote:...Laws are there to protect all of us...

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCaGTf8Sjjt6mN-QLrs-YHRNqRa1FPqR56IdcmFtLsOJBa02s2

Tell that to the old man and anyone else who have had crap beat out of them or lost their lives in their own home by burglars.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile

2seaoat

Tell that to the old man and anyone else who have had crap beat out of them or lost their lives in their own home by burglars.

Tell me how changing the law would protect those people..........you must have never been around a violent criminal......they smell weakness, and could care less about your deterrence, or the law.......but tell us how you would stop this.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I will make this simple.  Bob is all talk, and yes somebody will probably kick his asz and take his milk duds.  Anybody who has never hurt someone and goes on about how they are going to hurt somebody and take the law into their own hands is just one more victim with a red lettered V on their shirt.  Somebody who has hurt somebody and has been hurt, understands that we have been given a brain and two legs, and those parts of Bob's anatomy which he so proudly ignores allows him to fantasize about being a bad asz.......Sorry Bob....Walter Mitty never makes a good Rambo, and the laws of this country protect Bob......not your Walter Mitty fantasy.  This has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives......it has everything to do with wussies pretending that they will fight and not run..........Read Joseph Conrad's Lord Jim......you may actually understand your dichotomy.

All of this sounds really good and really puts me in my place.

Except for the part about me thinking I'm a "badass".  I'm 65 years old.  Even if I was a badass when I was younger,  I aint at 65.  I'm a weak old man.  And weaker than most because of my lifestyle.  lol
How many times do I have to say this before it sinks in.  I've said it every time we talk about this shit for the last ten years.   When they fuck with me they will whip my ass.  But if they're dumb enough to leave me alive they'll lose.  I know how to find people,  been doing it my whole life.  And when I do it aint gonna be at high noon like Gary Cooper or Martial Dillon.
I'm gonna find the person who fucked with me when he's least expecting it and when there are no witnesses.  And I'm going to kill him.  Most likely with a shot to the back because that will be the easiest way to do it.

It doesn't take courage and guts to get revenge.  For me it only takes opportunity.

2seaoat wrote:Tell that to the old man and anyone else who have had crap beat out of them or lost their lives in their own home by burglars.

Tell me how changing the law would protect those people..........you must have never been around a violent criminal......they smell weakness, and could care less about your deterrence, or the law.......but tell us how you would stop this.

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUbtmss_t3z4iQZ7EkcSvfQgZaJOy0tr8AMmkNZZ5FIa5ashKETw

Give the old man a medal and pay for his reloads so he's ready for the other one he missed when he returns.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZk9tycQ9q0

Smile 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Why are all you people still obsessing on this. And why in hell are you even in this conversation, seaoat. We've already hashed it over a dozen times already before you got here. Everything's been said and said again. Either give us something new or let's talk about that amphibious car that goes 40 on the water and 80 on the highway and needs no transition to go from one to the other. That's a goddamn technological miracle. Or at least it's a really cool toy.

knothead

knothead

Bob is definitely not Rambo but more like perhaps . . . . Charles Bronson, a sneaky stone cold killa!

2seaoat

I made it simple. It is a wet dream conversation. For those of us who live in the real world and in a civilization...we have laws.I feel like I am in third grade talking about the super powers of comic heroes.......that somebody is weak if they understand the law, or they are a liberal because of legal concepts which are over two thousand years old.....and Bob if you really think you are going to hunt down somebody who has hurt you......you get a golden star for imagination, but revenge is not a standard of the law for a reason.....two thousand years of common sense which has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives and more to do with a phillips head screwdriver not working with a standard screwhead.........tools which work.......and tools which do not, but fantasy.....what the hell....enjoy your wet dream.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I made it simple.  It is a wet dream conversation.  For those of us who live in the real world and in a civilization...we have laws.I feel like I am in third grade talking about the super powers of comic heroes.......that somebody is weak if they understand the law, or they are a liberal because of legal concepts which are over two thousand years old.....and Bob if you really think you are going to hunt down somebody who has hurt you......you get a golden star for imagination, but revenge is not a standard of the law for a reason.....two thousand years of common sense which has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives and more to do with a phillips head screwdriver not working with a standard screwhead.........tools which work.......and tools which do not, but fantasy.....what the hell....enjoy your wet dream.

Welcome back Mr. Oats . . . I am glad to see you posting once again!

2seaoat

For now....they do a procedure on Monday, and one the following Monday, and the clock starts ticking.  I enjoyed the reef area on the far east end of Navarre Beach....the Dolphins come in incredibly close, and the new standing boogie boards or paddle boards were quite the new thing over the reef area.  I bought a bottle of walnut olive oil from Bodacious......just to irritate Hallmark, and had some great yogurt at the ballpark.   Talked to friends and neighbors to let them know the clock is now ticking, and enjoyed myself immensely......did not travel well, but hell, if the procedure works I may get 18 more months....if it does not.......I will stop posting.....or I can share a Bob fantasy and post from hell.....where revenge is the sweetest.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:For now....they do a procedure on Monday, and one the following Monday, and the clock starts ticking.  I  enjoyed the reef area on the far east end of Navarre Beach....the Dolphins come in incredibly close, and the new standing boogie boards or paddle boards were quite the new thing over the reef area.  I bought a bottle of walnut olive oil from Bodacious......just to irritate Hallmark, and had some great yogurt at the ballpark.   Talked to friends and neighbors to let them know the clock is now ticking, and enjoyed myself immensely......did not travel well, but hell, if the procedure works I may get 18 more months....if it does not.......I will stop posting.....or I can share a Bob fantasy and post from hell.....where revenge is the sweetest.

Hoping it works and more time . . . just more time Oats! Hang in there!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm not Paul Kersey (the fictional Charles Bronson character), knothead.
I never go looking for trouble. George Zimmerman is the real-life version of people who do that and Zimmerman is not my idea of a role model. lol

And finally for seaoat and I hope we don't have to keep this going for another 12 pages but if we do I'll try to stay awake for it.
I learned about being fucked over and getting revenge a long time ago. I spent 35 years of my life learning it. To do my work I had to deal with gangsters and assorted other lowlifes who make that bunch of clowns on wall street look like pussies.

2seaoat

I was gone for most of the week.....I do not have twelve pages in me, nor do I have the energy to enter a fantasy about hurting imaginary bad guys who are going to hurt me.....the law works for me....chit happens and you are going to go exact revenge.....go for it, but please do not think your fantasy is going to change the law, or I am not entitled to snicker a little bit. Revenge is a waste of energy, and like hate harms you more......I have always liked this quote on revenge:

“The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Bob......you will not be happy until you are the person performing the injury.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And goddamn it ater I retired from all that shit, the best part was not having to be around all those scumballs any longer.
So I'm sure as hell not gonna put up with it from some home invader.

2seaoat

So I'm sure as hell not gonna put up with it from some home invader.

Nobody should put up with it.......all together another thing to break the law, and be the one causing an injury.....but hell it is your wet dream, and I am sure I do not belong in the same.

no stress

no stress

I still don't know why someone would shoot another in a revenge killing and have the body spurt all that forensic evidence to be used against you. Take them under your wing, invite them over for a drink and when they get soused you put a bag over their head and go north or south. The north end of the county has many a surprise buried on paper company property and the south has a lot of 2AM burials at sea.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I can't believe this thread is now up to 14 pages! It is growing at over one page per day......   Arrow

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The 80-year-old man should be charged with a minimum of manslaughter, if not 2nd degree murder. He did not have to kill that woman to save his own life. He made a choice to be judge, jury and executioner. When my MIL was 80, she kept a 38 in a cabinet next to her bed. I understand the need to protect oneself. I understand that the man was seriously injured and that his judgement might have been clouded by circumstance. I don't understand his decision to fire...not once, but twice.

Floridatexan wrote:
The 80-year-old man should be charged with a minimum of manslaughter, if not 2nd degree murder. He did not have to kill that woman to save his own life. He made a choice to be judge, jury and executioner. When my MIL was 80, she kept a 38 in a cabinet next to her bed. I understand the need to protect oneself. I understand that the man was seriously injured and that his judgement might have been clouded by circumstance. I don't understand his decision to fire...not once, but twice.

He made a choice under duress... that was forced on him. At eighty he may not even be mentally culpable.

Floridatexan wrote:
The 80-year-old man should be charged with a minimum of manslaughter, if not 2nd degree murder.  He did not have to kill that woman to save his own life.  He made a choice to be judge, jury and executioner.  When my MIL was 80, she kept a 38 in a cabinet next to her bed.  I understand the need to protect oneself.  I understand that the man was seriously injured and that his judgement might have been clouded by circumstance.  I don't understand his decision to fire...not once, but twice.  

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShZrgGJjjaWY-PihtN6YX0f_4zuAfB9rYWc5eoV5p7qBEyod_MYw

Military and security training teaches two rounds to the center of mass if you fire your sidearm.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5GXbk58R0

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum