Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2-Year-Old Girl Shot, Killed By 5-Year-Old Brother With Rifle He Recieved As A Gift

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

BURKESVILLE, Ky. — A southern Kentucky coroner says the mother of a 5-year-old boy who fatally shot his 2-year-old sister had just stepped away onto the porch when the shooting occurred.

Cumberland County Coroner Gary White tells WKYT-TV that the mother said she had been outside on a porch for “no more than three minutes.”

Kentucky State Police say the girl was shot Tuesday afternoon in Cumberland County and was later pronounced dead.

Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the Lexington Herald-Leader the boy received the .22-caliber rifle as a gift and is used to shooting it. He said the rifle was kept in a corner and the family didn’t realize a shell was left inside it.

White says the shooting will be ruled accidental. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/authorities-2-year-old-kentucky-girl-accidentally-shot-killed-by-5-year-old-brother/2013/04/30/c1832fee-b206-11e2-9fb1-62de9581c946_story.html

Where was the father when this tragedy occurred??

Obviously, out buying his 2-year-old daughter a mini-pistol, because everyone knows that the only thing that can stop a bad toddler with a gun is a good baby with a gun.

Too bad that Ky does have a law similar to Florida's regarding the storing of weapons with a minor in the household. You can bet your ass someone would be prosecuted here for this crime.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:BURKESVILLE, Ky. — A southern Kentucky coroner says the mother of a 5-year-old boy who fatally shot his 2-year-old sister had just stepped away onto the porch when the shooting occurred.

Cumberland County Coroner Gary White tells WKYT-TV that the mother said she had been outside on a porch for “no more than three minutes.”

Kentucky State Police say the girl was shot Tuesday afternoon in Cumberland County and was later pronounced dead.

Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the Lexington Herald-Leader the boy received the .22-caliber rifle as a gift and is used to shooting it. He said the rifle was kept in a corner and the family didn’t realize a shell was left inside it.

White says the shooting will be ruled accidental. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/authorities-2-year-old-kentucky-girl-accidentally-shot-killed-by-5-year-old-brother/2013/04/30/c1832fee-b206-11e2-9fb1-62de9581c946_story.html

Where was the father when this tragedy occurred??

Obviously, out buying his 2-year-old daughter a mini-pistol, because everyone knows that the only thing that can stop a bad toddler with a gun is a good baby with a gun.

A 5-year-old is not mature enough for a gun. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, Sal, but it needs to be said.

My cousin was shot by her stepbrother at the age of 8, by a supposedly unloaded automatic with the clip removed but...you guessed it...one in the chamber. I think he was about 10 then, and may indeed have been rotten enough to have shot her deliberately, but the gun was at a neighbor's house, so neither parent could really be held responsible. It is highly likely, though, that much later, the same stepbrother killed my uncle over the contents of a safe. My cousin did survive but has had kidney problems her entire life.

Floridatexan wrote:
A 5-year-old is not mature enough for a gun. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, Sal, but it needs to be said.

My cousin was shot by her stepbrother at the age of 8, by a supposedly unloaded automatic with the clip removed but...you guessed it...one in the chamber. I think he was about 10 then, and may indeed have been rotten enough to have shot her deliberately, but the gun was at a neighbor's house, so neither parent could really be held responsible. It is highly likely, though, that much later, the same stepbrother killed my uncle over the contents of a safe. My cousin did survive but has had kidney problems her entire life.

FT, I respect you and your opinions, however I must disagree with your very first sentence. I got my first hunting rifle at the age of 6 and had bagged my first deer by the time I was 7. We were taught by my dad that guns were not toys and the only time that they were to be taken from the cabinet was to go hunting or target shooting. They were never loaded while in the house and the breech was always open or the bolt was removed inside the house. I have owned guns all my life and taught my kids the safe handling procedures. The key to gun ownership is, SAFETY, SAFETY and more SAFETY.

I learned real quick.. I was about 8 when I hit my Father with a ricochet on my first shot.. BB gun.. Shocked He told me don't shoot but I thought I would show him how fast I could hit that damn tree that was just a couple of feet away.. Embarassed

Sal

Sal

It's fucking retarded.

We don't trust five-year-olds with lighters or bottles of bleach, but real guns marketed for toddlers is part of the culture?

Fuck that.

If your way of life involves kindergarteners handling loaded firearms, then your way of life is fucking stupid and criminally dangerous.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If libs cared as much about abortion I might give a sht .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

FT, I respect you and your opinions, however I must disagree with your very first sentence. I got my first hunting rifle at the age of 6 and had bagged my first deer by the time I was 7. We were taught by my dad that guns were not toys and the only time that they were to be taken from the cabinet was to go hunting or target shooting. They were never loaded while in the house and the breech was always open or the bolt was removed inside the house. I have owned guns all my life and taught my kids the safe handling procedures. The key to gun ownership is, SAFETY, SAFETY and more SAFETY.

I'm thinking of brain development in children and the fact that 7 is known as the "age of reason". I don't mean to imply that children shouldn't have knowledge of guns, but supervision is key. My husband and I taught our girls to shoot, beginning with a pellet gun. They also had a huge target for archery. They are both competent with guns. Your dad was vigilant with your training, and I truly applaud that. It's unfortunate, though, that some people are not so careful.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If libs cared as much about abortion I might give a sht .

Teo, if you were a woman you might understand the issue, but since you're not, you can never fully comprehend what it's about. For the record, I'm not pro-abortion...I'm pro-choice. The subject should not be political at all. And you should read this book:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7663.A_Case_of_Need

Any remaining kids should be placed in foster care away from that home and the parents should be arrested. I'm sure they feel bad about losing one of their children, but they are responsible for the death. I'd say manslaughter for whoever gave a 5 year old a gun.

How ridiculous is this gun argument going to get before something serious is done about it?

I figured out a long time ago that anti-abortion fanatics don't care about the post birth generation. I wouldn't brag too much about it though.
It might piss off some of us post-birthers.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

bluemoon wrote:

I figured out a long time ago that anti-abortion fanatics don't care about the post birth generation. I wouldn't brag too much about it though.

Life is life....a bullet or a pair of sissiors .......

cool1

cool1

bluemoon wrote:Any remaining kids should be placed in foster care away from that home and the parents should be arrested. I'm sure they feel bad about losing one of their children, but they are responsible for the death. I'd say manslaughter for whoever gave a 5 year old a gun.

How ridiculous is this gun argument going to get before something serious is done about it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel the same way any remaining kids should be placed with another family -not foster care Sad . And the parents arrested I agree

as far as guns people pick up the guns and use them the guns dont kill by themselves all the laws in the world will not stop people from killing --we could take away all knives and pressure cookers --ect--and people will find a way to kill each other Crying or Very sad

Yeah, but the difference is I can see my aging parents and the problems they have with their Medicare, and I put more value on that then I do on a zygote that was just created last night by a couple of crack heads who don't need to conceive anyway.

Too bad I think your opinions are insane.
Otherwise I might put more value on them too.

cool1 wrote:
bluemoon wrote:Any remaining kids should be placed in foster care away from that home and the parents should be arrested. I'm sure they feel bad about losing one of their children, but they are responsible for the death. I'd say manslaughter for whoever gave a 5 year old a gun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel the same way any remaining kids should be placed with another family -not foster care Sad . And the parents arrested I agree

as far as guns people pick up the guns and use them the guns dont kill by themselves all the laws in the world will not stop people from killing --we could take away all knives and pressure cookers --ect--and people will find a way to kill each other Crying or Very sad

Yes, but there was no excuse to not expand background checks at gun shows. Insane people kill people, and criminals kill people, both with guns. So why not deny those people the tools they need to kill? When 90% of Americans supported expanding background checks and Congress still wouldn't pass legislation, that should be criminal.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

Life is life....a bullet or a pair of sissiors .......

I have a really big gun. Meet me with your scissors you cock sucking POS.

It's official. You are the worst POS I have ever encountered on the internet.

Everything you have devolved to is loathsome and worthy of a serious beat down.

Cool l- I was talking to Teo, not to you. I got one of those "do you still want to post your message" notices and I ignored it and went ahead and posted. Sorry for the confusion.
As for Teo, he said:
Then he said:
Life is life.......a bullet or a pair of scissors....

Yeah, but I'm positive those kids at Newtown were living human beings, viable, breathing, thinking human beings. The question is not whether a person feels murder is right, no one does. The question is when life starts, and I get tired of people who don't know telling me they do.
Then you say you don't give a shit about a dead 2 year old because libs don't care about abortion.
That's either extremely cruel and cold, or just insane.
I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt and going with insane.

Last edited by bluemoon on 5/2/2013, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

bluemoon wrote: Cool l- I was talking to Teo, not to you. I got one of those "do you still want to post your message" notices and I ignored it and went ahead and posted. Sorry for the confusion.
As for Teo, he said:
Then he said:

Yeah, but I'm positive those kids at Newtown were living human beings, viable, breathing, thinking human beings. The question is not whether a person feels murder is right, no one does. The question is when life starts, and I get tired of people who don't know telling me they do.
Then you say you don't give a shit about a dead 2 year old because libs don't care about abortion.

Your Fuckin deity Obama kills kids everyday that i am sure were alive and happy You damn liberal drone lovin inconsistent brainless mouth-breathing zombie turd....

Intelligent language there. Thanks for the "inconsistent" though. I'd hate like hell to have to be consistent.
Obama doesn't belong to me. He belongs to the whole country because he's your president too. I don't agree with a lot of the crap he does, including us going overseas and meddling in the business of other countries. I ain't a congressman or a Senator, so I can't do anything about it but vote.
That doesn't make up for you saying you didn't give a shit about a dead 2 year old.

Last edited by bluemoon on 5/2/2013, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

cool1

cool1

the same rules should be done at gun shows-as in stores I think --No one should be just selling guns without checking the person out .

I just dont see how they could stop people from selling guns to others at say yard sales-or private sales say after you did all the checks and then they just sell them to someone else, and the bad guys break into your home and steal them-- I just dont see a way to feel safe at all people need guns to protect themselves in there homes and at the same time we cant find the bad guys or the guns ----Im thinking about that Bishop right now Im thinking maybe about buying one one those .

My luck I couldnt swing faster then the dude could shoot Rolling Eyes

cool1 wrote:the same rules should be done at gun shows-as in stores I think --No one should be just selling guns without checking the person out .

I just dont see how they could stop people from selling guns to others at say yard sales-or private sales say after you did all the checks and then they just sell them to someone else, and the bad guys break into your home and steal them-- I just dont see a way to feel safe at all people need guns to protect themselves in there homes and at the same time we cant find the bad guys or the guns ----Im thinking about that Bishop right now Im thinking maybe about buying one one those .

We agree on that. There isn't any way to keep private citizens from selling them later or from somebody stealing them. Just because laws can't be perfect doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws though. What is the Bishop?

I have a gun and I don't want anybody taking it away. But if they want my name and phone number and the gun serial number, that's okay with me. I'm not a criminal.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
bluemoon wrote: Cool l- I was talking to Teo, not to you. I got one of those "do you still want to post your message" notices and I ignored it and went ahead and posted. Sorry for the confusion.
As for Teo, he said:
Then he said:

Your Fuckin deity Obama kills kids everyday that i am sure were alive and happy You damn liberal drone lovin inconsistent brainless mouth-breathing zombie turd....

Spoken like a true man of God.

bluemoon wrote:
cool1 wrote:the same rules should be done at gun shows-as in stores I think --No one should be just selling guns without checking the person out .

We agree on that. There isn't any way to keep private citizens from selling them later or from somebody stealing them. Just because laws can't be perfect doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws though. What is the Bishop?

I have a gun and I don't want anybody taking it away. But if they want my name and phone number and the gun serial number, that's okay with me. I'm not a criminal.

Have you ever been prescribed a sleeping pill? an antidepressant? something for anxiety? attention deficit?

NY is pulling permits and requiring those people to turn their weapons in... just incase you don't keep up with the progress.

This issue is heading along a well worn path... just like so many other progressive govt controls.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah sometimes I just like get all mean and nasty but i am all for peace love and brotherhood. So if you and threadbare come looking to put a hurting on me I will let take the first swing. I haven't got that turn the other cheek thing figured out you only get one.

I only wish the issue was heading down any path but I don't think it is. No, I've never been prescribed any sleeping pills or drugs for psychological problems. It seems that with all the medical privacy acts in force an applicant could get around that question very easily. I don't see that as an excuse to limit background checks at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum