Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case?

+9
QueenOfHearts
Sal
Markle
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
dumpcare
knothead
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case?

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap39%Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 39% [ 7 ]
Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap61%Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 61% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:As I said earlier in the thread,  his only mistake was not lying to the authorities and telling them he thought she was brandishing a gun.  

The police wouldn't have given two shits for the female perpetrator, had he been a little more vague with his story about the event.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:There is nothing to give up, Knot. It is my opinion, nothing more.  

Beaten, broken and robbed......the man shot! Did he know for a fact they would not come back and kill him......No! 

We already covered this, but here it is again since you obviously missed it. One must be under an imminent threat if they are to use lethal force.

A fear that the intruders may return later to kill you is not an imminent threat.

Make sense?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

bds,

My disagreement is not with your interpretation of the law.  That may well indeed be the law.  
But regardless of whatever the law says,  if some animal invades my home and assaults me,  I'm going to do everything in my power to kill him/her.  And if he/she or them are running away with my belongings,  I frankly don't give a shit what any liberal law made by liberal lawyers says.  Even if the animal has his/her backed turned to me,  he/she is going to get a back full of lead.  
That's my law.
And to stay out of the liberal lawyer designed criminal justice system,  I will lie through my teeth and tell the authorities anything I need to tell them to avoid their prosecution.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I'm going to do everything in my power to kill him/her.  And if he/she or them are running away with my belongings,  I frankly don't give a shit what any liberal law made by liberal lawyers says.  Even if the animal has his/her backed turned to me,  he/she is going to get a back full of lead.  
That's my law.

You make it sound as if the belief that it is wrong to shoot someone who is running away from you in the back is a liberal idea.  In reality, this is simply a concept held by any reasonable person.

Bob, I want to you to print the above post that you just made and then go stand in front of a mirror and watch yourself as you read it aloud.  Be sure to add a "yippee ki-yay" or a "yee-haw" at the end as well.

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm going to do everything in my power to kill him/her.  And if he/she or them are running away with my belongings,  I frankly don't give a shit what any liberal law made by liberal lawyers says.  Even if the animal has his/her backed turned to me,  he/she is going to get a back full of lead.  
That's my law.

You make it sound as if the belief that it is wrong to shoot someone who is running away from you in the back is a liberal idea.  In reality, this is simply a concept held by any reasonable person.

Bob, I want to you to print the above post that you just made and then go stand in front of a mirror and watch yourself as you read it aloud.  Be sure to add a "yippee ki-yay" or a "yee-haw" at the end as well.

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgDOHJZHKf7vtVeG2pR7aW8CHcQqarPISXxvI7fTlPW3aE_oVRtw

You make it sound as if the belief that it is wrong to beat the hell out of a old person and/or protecting your property is a conservative idea. In reality, this is simply a concept held by any reasonable person.

Board, I want you to print the above posts just made and then go stand in front of a mirror and watch yourself as you read it aloud. Be sure to sing the lyrics to "Take the money and run" as well.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbvc3lx2pk

Smile

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:You make it sound as if the belief that it is wrong to beat the hell out of a old person and/or protecting your property is a conservative idea. In reality, this is simply a concept held by any reasonable person.

Do I? Well let me clear that up for you since you obviously can't read. For Damaged and anyone else who struggles with reading: It is wrong to break into someone's home. It is wrong to commit battery on the elderly. And this is not a conservative belief but, rather, a belief held by any reasonable person with an IQ north of 60.

And I can't believe that I even have to state this to an adult.

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:You make it sound as if the belief that it is wrong to beat the hell out of a old person and/or protecting your property is a conservative idea. In reality, this is simply a concept held by any reasonable person.

Do I?  Well let me clear that up for you since you obviously can't read.  For Damaged and anyone else who struggles with reading:  It is wrong to break into someone's home.  It is wrong to commit battery on the elderly.  And this is not a conservative belief but, rather, a belief held by any reasonable person with an IQ north of 60.

And I can't believe that I even have to state this to an adult.

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu3GfZzSyczwJBBz00mpZFZqrJA1hRnTTwV7lFbaxoU19QZwd9Sw

And yet it offends your liberal sensibilities that an old beaten man who was let down by the society that was supposed to be there to protect him took the law into his own hands.

Perhaps instead of more gun control you should be supporting more law enforcement on the streets.

Then you're IQ wouldn't look like something that came out of the south end of a jackass.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt69PxbhC-k

Smile 

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:And yet it offends your liberal sensibilities that an old beaten man who was let down by the society that was supposed to be there to protect him took the law into his own hands.

He shot a fleeing woman in the back. Let's be clear on what it is that we are disagreeing about here. I don't believe it is OK for someone to shoot a fleeing person in the back. When someone is fleeing and pleading for their life, they clearly do not represent an imminent threat to you. Therefore, you cannot kill them.

Re-read the above a few times and see if you can decipher what is being said there. I doubt you can, but give it a try.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

He shot a fleeing woman in the back.  Let's be clear on what it is that we are disagreeing about here.  I don't believe it is OK for someone to shoot a fleeing person in the back.  When someone is fleeing and pleading for their life, they clearly do not represent an imminent threat to you.  

Yes, let's do be clear. And my clear belief is once they invaded my home and assaulted me, they became a permanent threat to me until they're dead. Period.

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

He shot a fleeing woman in the back.  Let's be clear on what it is that we are disagreeing about here.  I don't believe it is OK for someone to shoot a fleeing person in the back.  When someone is fleeing and pleading for their life, they clearly do not represent an imminent threat to you.  

Yes,  let's do be clear.  And my clear belief is once they invaded my home and assaulted me,  they became a permanent threat to me until they're dead.  Period.

Seems back in the day in FL I can remember my uncles saying that you can shoot someone on your property but it better not be in the back. Think about it...they are leaving...why shoot to kill.

Secondly, I don't think the death penalty fits the crime by the judge and jury being said homeowner.

Thirdly, where does it say we have to become a gun wielding hero on our own property? We pay taxes for law enforcement. CALL 911 and get yourself as far away from the problem as possible.

Yes, I know they had already beat him up but he obviously had time to get a gun and shoot so time to call 911? And yes, he had been a victim before.

None of those add up to murder of an intruder. The crime was robbery and assault. I don't think those add up to a death sentence.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The gun was in his pocket.

Joanimaroni wrote:The gun was in his pocket.

Still could have called 911. I tell my elderly to keep their cell phone in their pockets.

knothead

knothead

SheWrites wrote:
Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Yes,  let's do be clear.  And my clear belief is once they invaded my home and assaulted me,  they became a permanent threat to me until they're dead.  Period.

Seems back in the day in FL I can remember my uncles saying that you can shoot someone on your property but it better not be in the back.  Think about it...they are leaving...why shoot to kill.

Secondly, I don't think the death penalty fits the crime by the judge and jury being said homeowner.

Thirdly, where does it say we have to become a gun wielding hero on our own property?  We pay taxes for law enforcement.  CALL 911 and get yourself as far away from the problem as possible.

Yes, I know they had already beat him up but he obviously had time to get a gun and shoot so time to call 911?  And yes, he had been a victim before.  

None of those add up to murder of an intruder.  The crime was robbery and assault.  I don't think those add up to a death sentence.

Completely agree . . . .  cheers 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

The woman's death was a consequence of her own action. However, shooting a fleeing felon in the back is not OK. If you are afraid they're going to turn around and come back, then shoot them when they come back. Shooting someone in the back as they are running away is not in self-defense; it is cowardly. The scenario started off with two criminals and ended with three.

If someone breaks into my house, I am going to shoot them. I don't care why they're breaking into my house, they're going to get shot. I practice a lot to make sure I'll be able to hit them. But I'm not going to shoot them when they're running away.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'm reminded of RetiredLeo and the story he told about some would-be robbers. Does anyone else remember?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

QueenOfHearts wrote:The woman's death was a consequence of her own action.  However, shooting a fleeing felon in the back is not OK.  If you are afraid they're going to turn around and come back, then shoot them when they come back.  Shooting someone in the back as they are running away is not in self-defense; it is cowardly.  The scenario started off with two criminals and ended with three.

If someone breaks into my house, I am going to shoot them.  I don't care why they're breaking into my house, they're going to get shot.  I practice a lot to make sure I'll be able to hit them.  But I'm not going to shoot them when they're running away.

We just have a difference of opinion as to what society we prefer to live in.
I prefer to live in a society where anyone who would invade a home and assault the occupant is deemed no longer suitable for society.  And I don't mean feeding him and clothing him and housing him and giving him health care for the rest of his life.  I mean I want that lowlife to stop living amongst the rest of us.

Markle

Markle

Wow...amazing how many first person, eye witnesses we have just here on this tiny forum.

We have virtually children here saying what an 80 year old man should have done after several previous break ins and getting the crap kicked out of him. Others here who have never had the crap kicked out of them much less what they would do in the same circumstances.

Personally, I'll wait for the investigation.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
I'm reminded of RetiredLeo and the story he told about some would-be robbers.  Does anyone else remember?

I don't remember the story.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:The gun was in his pocket.

Still could have called 911.  I tell my elderly to keep their cell phone in their pockets.

And what do you tell your elderly to do while waiting on 911 to arrive? Law enforcement response does not happen in an instance, no matter how hard they try.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

We have virtually children here saying what an 80 year old man should have done after several previous break ins and getting the crap kicked out of him.  Others here who have never had the crap kicked out of them much less what they would do in the same circumstances.

nicely put.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

We have virtually children here saying what an 80 year old man should have done after several previous break ins and getting the crap kicked out of him.  Others here who have never had the crap kicked out of them much less what they would do in the same circumstances.

nicely put.  

BS. The DA will struggle with it, but he will have to charge the 80-year-old, who will then have to go before a judge, if not a jury. I hope he's hired a lawyer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

nicely put.  

BS.  The DA will struggle with it, but he will have to charge the 80-year-old, who will then have to go before a judge, if not a jury.  I hope he's hired a lawyer.  

Exactly why he should have lied to the cops and the prosecutors.

boards of FL

boards of FL

When your personal philosophy calls for you to shoot women in the back and then lie to the police....perhaps it is time to have a long hard look in the mirror.

Pre-emptive disclaimer: Breaking and entering is wrong. Battery on the elderly is wrong. Anyone who commits either of these crimes deserve to be caught, tried, and sentenced appropriately.

Snyderfish

Snyderfish

Just read through this entire discussion. One of the most interesting discussions on these boards in awhile. I actually agreed with just about everyone on this one. First time ever.

First, it is irrelevant that one of the perps was a woman. They are scum and they both deserved to get shot. I agree with you Bob, once they decided to enter my home and assault me they will always be considered a threat. I am curious on how far they got before he shot her. Was she still on his property?(Is the alley part of his property?) In the heat of the moment after being assaulted in my own home I would probably have shot at them to at least the end of my property. However, the 80 year old will be charged because the law in CA is fairly clear. He should be charged if the law was broken. Hopefully though he will be found not guilty by a jury of his peers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:  Breaking and entering is wrong.  Battery on the elderly is wrong.    

At least we got that part established, snyderfish. I guess we'll have to settle for that at this juncture. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum