Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case?

+9
QueenOfHearts
Sal
Markle
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
dumpcare
knothead
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case?

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 7 I_vote_lcap39%Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 39% [ 7 ]
Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 7 I_vote_lcap61%Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 61% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

An entirely apt analogy, although you don't realize why.

No actually the analogy was made in direct response to this statement you made...

"One side values the rule of law and the criminal justice system, and the other values vigilantism"

It was to remind you that your side DID NOT "value the rule of law and the criminal justice system" as it was applied to George Zimmerman.
After the verdict came down, many on your side started advocating vigilantism and publically called for Zimmerman to be hunted down and killed.

Both sides "respect the criminal justice system and the rule of law" when the criminal justice system and the rule of law goes their way. But not when it doesn't.
And that's not always a bad thing. When the criminal justice system and the rule of law was protecting bigotry and repression and lynchings and murdering of blacks in the south, according to you and floridatexan we should have continued to abide by it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:One side's priorities are with the perps.

No they're not. You're just an idiot.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Didn't I already point out that when you people run out of arguments you resort to the only thing you have left which is name calling?

Dudes this is just too easy. lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

When someone misrepresents your argument again and again, in spite of the fact that you have clarified it for them numerous times in the must dumbed down fashion imaginable, you eventually run out of options and are left to simply conclude that the person you are dealing with is an abject moron.

I have reached that point in this thread.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Young man,

As one of the perps is escaping, the victim of a beating in a violent home invasion shoots the perp in the back and kills her.

I don't want the victim to be charged with a crime for doing so.

You do want the victim to be charged with a crime.

You cannot handle the fact that different people will have fundamental disagreement about something like this. That makes you not really suited to be the moderator of an internet discussion forum. You are a lot more suited to be a talking head on cable news. You have some of the same qualities as Bill O'Reilly. lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I don't want the victim to be charged with a crime for doing so.

You have that part right. It's when you make the leap to the idea that "One side's priorities are with the perps" that you have checked out of reality.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:Young man,

As one of the perps is escaping,  the victim of a beating in a violent home invasion shoots the perp in the back and kills her.

I don't want the victim to be charged with a crime for doing so.

You cannot handle the fact that different people will have fundamental disagreement about something like this.  That makes you not really suited to be the moderator of an internet discussion forum.   You are a lot more suited to be a talking head on cable news.  You have some of the same qualities as Bill O'Reilly.   lol

Bob, you are entitled to your own beliefs and opinions. Boards firmly believes you are wrong because you do not agree with him. You have not been swayed by his argument, therefore, he has failed. What else is left?

None of us know what happened in that house....we only know he was beaten...not how bad it was or if they thought he would die. We don't know what was said or if threats were made.

And of course no one...not even Boards knows what they would have done if in the same situation. They would like to think they know but that is nothing more than guessing. Trauma, fear and shock have to be considered.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:I don't want the victim to be charged with a crime for doing so.

You have that part right.  It's when you make the leap to the idea that "One side's priorities are with the perps" that you have checked out of reality.

Okay. So tell you what, I'll take back the comment about what your "priorities" are and I'll restate it a different way.

You want the victim of the home invasion to be charged with a crime because you value the life and the rights of the perp.

After a perp has committed a violent home invasion and beat up the occupant, I don't value the life or the rights of the perp. I just prefer to see the perp dead however it can happen.

Is that a better way of stating what our differences are?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joani,

Let me state exactly what my position is on this.

Once someone has invaded my home and committed assault and battery on me in the process, I want to see that person dead however I can make him/her be dead.

Is that what the law allows? No. Do I care? No.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:You want the victim of the home invasion to be charged with a crime because you value the life and the rights of the perp.

No I don't. Not even remotely close.

You may as well give up, Bob. Apparently concepts presented in this case are beyond your grasp.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:You want the victim of the home invasion to be charged with a crime because you value the life and the rights of the perp.

No I don't.  Not even remotely close.

You may as well give up, Bob.  Apparently concepts presented in this case are beyond your grasp.

So you don't want the 80 year old to be charged? Or is it that you don't value the life and rights of the perp?
It's not the concepts presented by the case that are beyond my grasp. It's your position which is beyond my grasp. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I stated exactly what my position is,  bds.  It would be helpful if you would do the same and explain to us exactly what your position is.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I stated exactly what my position is,  bds.  It would be helpful if you would do the same and explain to us exactly what your position is.

I have. You can't read.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

I have.  You can't read.

I'm an idiot and a moron as you already said. So it's understandable that I would be reading challenged as well.
I also have body odor and hair in my ears.

So I'll go back and read each post in the thread again and see if I can find exactly what your stated position is.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay, I read about a dozen of your posts up to page 5 of the thread and got to this one. It seems to sum it up.

"I believe that if a woman is running away from you while pleading for her life, you shouldn't be allowed to shoot her in the back."

I stated your position as "you value the life and rights of the perp and you believe the victim of the home invasion and assault and battery should be charged with a crime (for shooting the fleeing perp)"

About the only difference I can see is you completely left out the part that the woman had just committed home invasion and assault and battery on you. You made it sound like the 80 year old had picked a random woman off the street who was pleading for her life and shot her in the back. lol

See, that's my point. Your priorities ARE with the perp and not with the victim. I was right all along.

Sal

Sal

I value law and order.

You value vigilantism when it suits your mood.

That's the difference.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:I value law and order.

That's the difference.

Actually that is getting closer to the truth.  But it needs some important clarification to really get to the truth.

I will resort to vigilantism only under these circumstances.

1.  I personally have been the victim of a violent criminal.

2.  Your "law and order" tries to tell me I cannot deal with that violent criminal however I wish.

As to however my "mood" figures into it, that would depend on how bad the perp beat me up or how much he robbed me for.
If he beat me up bad or robbed the crap out of me, I would be more inclined to shoot him in the leg to disable him and then chain him up in my garage and let my rottweiler finish him off bite by bite.

Last edited by Bob on 8/1/2014, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:Okay,  I read about a dozen of your posts up to page 5 of the thread and got to this one.  It seems to sum it up.

"I believe that if a woman is running away from you while pleading for her life, you shouldn't be allowed to shoot her in the back."

I stated your position as "you value the life and rights of the perp and you believe the victim of the home invasion and assault and battery should be charged with a crime (for shooting the fleeing perp)"

About the only difference I can see is you completely left out the part that the woman had just committed home invasion and assault and battery on you.  You made it sound like the 80 year old had picked a random woman off the street who was pleading for her life and shot her in the back.  lol

See,  that's my point.  Your priorities ARE with the perp and not with the victim.  I was right all along.

Certain conditions must be met if lethal force is to be used.  They were not met in this case.  It doesn't matter if a person just broke into your house of if they just fed needy children in a soup line, you can't kill them unless they present an imminent threat to you and you therefore feel you need to kill them in order to defend yourself.   You would think that I am discussing brain surgery here by the way which Bob struggles to wrap his head around this painfully clear and concise position.

Somehow Bob interprets the above as "OH! YOU LUV CRYMINALS!!1111  WHY YOU LOVE CRYMINALS BORDS!!!!??  HUH!?!?  LOL LOL LOL   IF YOU DOHNT THIK THAT PEPLE SHLD BE ABLE TO KILL PEOPLE, THAT MEEN YOU LOV CRIMINALS!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!1  "

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Certain conditions must be met if lethal force is to be used.  They were not met in this case.  It doesn't matter if a person just broke into your house of if they just fed needy children in a soup line, you can't kill them unless they present an imminent threat to you and you therefore feel you need to kill them in order to defend yourself.   You would think that I am discussing brain surgery here by the way which Bob struggles to wrap his head around this painfully clear and concise position.

Firstly,  I'm never going to think you're capable of discussing brain surgery so don't worry about that.  lol

"It doesn't matter if a person just broke into your house of if they just fed needy children in a soup line, you can't kill them unless they present an imminent threat to you and you therefore feel you need to kill them in order to defend yourself."

The law may not differentiate between somebody who invades my home and beats me up,  and somebody who is feeding needy children in a soup line,  but I do make that differentiation regardless if the law does not.  lol

So I'll concede this one point to you.  If I see somebody feeding needy children in a soup line,  I promise to never shoot him in the back.  And if I do shoot that person in the back,  I hope they catch me and charge me with murder.  lol

Bob wrote:

So I'll concede this one point to you.  If I see somebody feeding needy children in a soup line,  I promise to never shoot him in the back.  And if I do shoot that person in the back,  I hope they catch me and charge me with murder.  lol

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqLP3uWIQ_mhbW7yoqp9GsN4ZUnxX6X2cZyKRpGfHZ8LFdNsOr

I'm proud of you Bob.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHF9itPLUo4

Smile 

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

That's the difference.

Actually that is getting closer to the truth.  But it needs some important clarification to really get to the truth.

2.  Your "law and order" tries to tell me I cannot deal with that violent criminal however I wish.

As to however my "mood" figures into it,  that would depend on how bad the perp beat me up or how much he robbed me for.
If he beat me up bad or robbed the crap out of me,  I would be more inclined to shoot him in the leg to disable him and then chain him up in my garage and let my rottweiler finish him off bite by bite.

So, Bob is OK with the rule of law unless Bob's feeling hurt and/or violated.

Then, Bob gets all torturey.

Thanks for the clarification.

Rolling Eyes 

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:

That's the difference.

As to however my "mood" figures into it,  that would depend on how bad the perp beat me up or how much he robbed me for.
If he beat me up bad or robbed the crap out of me,  I would be more inclined to shoot him in the leg to disable him and then chain him up in my garage and let my rottweiler finish him off bite by bite.

Rolling Eyes 

Should the 80 year old man be charged in this case? - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYqleS7mSDabYfc5d31ioqvQjWwDpGW2UMSVq0CQVjnJM4e1uF

Do you feel all hurt and/or violated when you insult me or have the compulsion to place me on ignore?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5JOAdZH18

Smile 

What's that odor you're emitting?

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 8/1/2014, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

No thanks needed, Sal, I was glad to provide the clarification for you.

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

No thanks needed,  Sal,  I was glad to provide the clarification for you.

Torturey??? Hmmmm, gotta a nice ring to it . . . . lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I can't believe this thread has gone on for 12 pages already...... What a Face 

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum