Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment

+10
QueenOfHearts
cool1
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Markle
2seaoat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cool1 wrote:wow im sorry but I cant come up with any excuse that's worth putting your child in danger -job interview or not -turn to family or something , I just don't see it as a reason to leave a baby in the car .  black white blue rich or poor you just don't do it period .  

I was in sort of that situation my dad was dying in the hospital and I knew it and I had no one to watch my baby she was 6 months old --I called every day care in the phone book asking them I only want to see my dad half hour a day that's all please I told them , and 1 place did and they took money for an hour each day for three days ---my dad died on the third day -- I did see him at nights but when you know someone is going to pass you want to be by them every minute ,   I just see no reason to leave a child alone in a car period for no reason at all job or not its a stupid thing to do , That's how I feel about it , leaving my child in a hot car for a job -sorry but no friggin way id do that .  My childs life is more important .  

Thank you.

cool1 wrote:wow im sorry but I cant come up with any excuse that's worth putting your child in danger -job interview or not -turn to family or something , I just don't see it as a reason to leave a baby in the car .  black white blue rich or poor you just don't do it period .  

I was in sort of that situation my dad was dying in the hospital and I knew it and I had no one to watch my baby she was 6 months old --I called every day care in the phone book asking them I only want to see my dad half hour a day that's all please I told them , and 1 place did and they took money for an hour each day for three days ---my dad died on the third day -- I did see him at nights but when you know someone is going to pass you want to be by them every minute ,   I just see no reason to leave a child alone in a car period for no reason at all job or not its a stupid thing to do , That's how I feel about it , leaving my child in a hot car for a job -sorry but no friggin way id do that .  My childs life is more important .  

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhJPiee8_XuKxHsQDUDruL7hQDutg3XpxYjM-plGR4qpOQYuTM

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3AVrf3pY2Q

Smile 

I don't think anyone's agreeing w/ what the woman did. It was stupid and dangerous. The point is it's forgivable and doesn't mean she's a terrible mother. If she had gone to a bar or to sleep w/ her boyfriend ,I would be less forgiving. The issue is the plight of some of these poor people. People rush to judgement and put out all of this "safety net" bullshit when in reality there is very limited help out there. Not everybody has family who will help and most employers will not reschedule an interview. She could have been 20 ft. away and only been in there 10 minutes. You just don't know what the circumstances were.

no stress

no stress

That's how you do it Seaoat !!! You do what it takes and you don't blame society nor make potroast out of your kid! Good job Cool! You could teach this poor downtrodden "mother" a thing or two about making an effort to ensure your childs safety.  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Dreamsglore wrote:Are you for real? Do you have any idea what TANF pays? Do you really think a mother who gets welfare can pay for a babysitter? That block grant is for working mothers and the waiting list is miles long. They can't even pay rent and utilities w/ TANF let alone babysitters. You have no clue of what you're talking about. And she lives in Az for crying out loud not New Mexico. How do you even know she gets CS,SS or any of those. Early Childhood services don't babysit! Jeez!

The town in which this occurred has two daycare centers that will babysit children for free while their parent attends job interviews. This woman tested positive for drugs while she was pregnant with one of these children.

She has not made wise choices in the past in regards to the well-being of her children.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:I don't think anyone's agreeing w/ what the woman did. It was stupid and dangerous. The point is it's forgivable and doesn't mean she's a terrible mother. If she had gone to a bar or to sleep w/ her boyfriend ,I would be less forgiving. The issue is the plight of some of these poor people. People rush to judgement and put out all of this "safety net" bullshit when in reality there is very limited help out there. Not everybody has family who will help and most employers will not reschedule an interview. She could have been 20 ft. away and only been in there 10 minutes. You just don't know what the circumstances were.
Ten minutes is enough to kill a child in the heat. Please educate yourself too on this subject. Your statements are only enabling other dumbasses that might think that its OK to leave a child in a hot car for that amount of time.

no stress

no stress

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Are you for real? Do you have any idea what TANF pays? Do you really think a mother who gets welfare can pay for a babysitter? That block grant is for working mothers and the waiting list is miles long. They can't even pay rent and utilities w/ TANF let alone babysitters. You have no clue of what you're talking about. And she lives in Az for crying out loud not New Mexico. How do you even know she gets CS,SS or any of those. Early Childhood services don't babysit! Jeez!

The town in which this occurred has two daycare centers that will babysit children for free while their parent attends job interviews.  This woman tested positive for drugs while she was pregnant with one of these children.

She has not made wise choices in the past in regards to the well-being of her children.  
Now we start getting to the meat of the problem....drugs huh? Shoulda known

Did she know that? And how does anyone know she tested positive for drugs?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

QueenOfHearts wrote:

The town in which this occurred has two daycare centers that will babysit children for free while their parent attends job interviews.  This woman tested positive for drugs while she was pregnant with one of these children.

Thank you.....if she didn't have a sitter take the kids in with you. I don't care how poor she is, what color,  or how hard it is to get goverment help.......you don't leave your little ones in a car alone. This is not rocket science and there is not one bit of justification for her actions. Not one!

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:Did she know that? And how does anyone know she tested positive for drugs?
Probably didn't give a shit enough about those kids to check and see if free daycare was available, just took her methhead ass to the place and fried her kids while she job searched. Mother of the year award for this one. And Seaoat thinks shes a saint!! LMFAO!!!!

No one's trying to justify it. I think we have established it was dumb and irresponsible.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:No one's trying to justify it. I think we have established it was dumb and irresponsible.
"We"? Have you got a mouse in your pocket?

cool1

cool1

My employer was pretty cool when my baby was little she let me put her in an extra bin---we use to put bins on wheels in front of our sewing machine to catch material --so funny I was sitting at the sewing machine while working and my baby in a bin beside me , I had to do that one day , But everyone loved her , They just walked by and poked at her  Razz 

If I had to go to an interview I would just tell the lady im so sorry --give them an excuse like my baby sitter backed out at the last minute , this usually doesn't happen but it did and she had to go to the hospital ,, Im very sorry but I really need this job and so I had to bring her with me I really hope you don't mind , and if you think my baby will be a problem then may I please have another time to interview because I really need this job  Suspect -- Laughing 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Dreamsglore wrote:Did she know that? And how does anyone know she tested positive for drugs?

The information about her testing positive was in an article from the local news station. The baby did not test for drugs when it was born though, so she must have stopped.

If she did not know about the free babysitting service, it may be that she never asked. Why didn't she care enough to ask?

I don't think she should go to prison. But I'm not so sure she should have those children either, at least not right away. You have one women who did drugs while pregnant and left kids in a car for over an hour in Arizona. Three strikes and she's out, but by then the kids may be dead. Would you take that chance?

QueenOfHearts wrote:

The information about her testing positive was in an article from the local news station.  The baby did not test for drugs when it was born though, so she must have stopped.

If she did not know about the free babysitting service, it may be that she never asked.  Why didn't she care enough to ask?

I don't think she should go to prison.  But I'm not so sure she should have those children either, at least not right away.  You have one women who did drugs while pregnant and left kids in a car for over an hour in Arizona.  Three strikes and she's out, but by then the kids may be dead.  Would you take that chance?

Better yet, I wonder if dreams and oats would mind if this lady left their kids, one being a 6 month old in the car while she went in anywhere. I'm sure they would be as forgiving.  Wink 

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I don't think anyone's agreeing w/ what the woman did. It was stupid and dangerous. The point is it's forgivable and doesn't mean she's a terrible mother. If she had gone to a bar or to sleep w/ her boyfriend ,I would be less forgiving. The issue is the plight of some of these poor people. People rush to judgement and put out all of this "safety net" bullshit when in reality there is very limited help out there. Not everybody has family who will help and most employers will not reschedule an interview. She could have been 20 ft. away and only been in there 10 minutes. You just don't know what the circumstances were.
 Ten minutes is enough to kill a child in the heat.  Please educate yourself too on this subject.  Your statements are only enabling other dumbasses that might think that its OK to leave a child in a hot car for that amount of time.

Listen asswipe, I never said it was ok and it would have to be very hot outside to kill a child in 10 minutes. The facts are it was in the 70's that day so let's not exaggerate the heat.It was wrong and dangerous. We got that,however ,we don't need to elevate the circumstances.

Sal

Sal

Desperation leads to poor choices. 

This woman was not just poor, she was homeless. 

It's not like she was buying drugs, or fucking her boyfriend, or playing the slots. 

She was trying to get a fucking job to provide for her children. 

You people are sick. 

QueenOfHearts wrote:

The information about her testing positive was in an article from the local news station.  The baby did not test for drugs when it was born though, so she must have stopped.

If she did not know about the free babysitting service, it may be that she never asked.  Why didn't she care enough to ask?

I don't think she should go to prison.  But I'm not so sure she should have those children either, at least not right away.  You have one women who did drugs while pregnant and left kids in a car for over an hour in Arizona.  Three strikes and she's out, but by then the kids may be dead.  Would you take that chance?

How do you know she didn't ask? You can't believe everything you read in a newspaper. I've never heard of a daycare either offering free babysitting for job interviews. This woman served in the Air Force so I doubt she was a druggie. She lived w/ her parents who both worked so she couldn't ask them.

cool1 wrote:My employer was pretty cool when my baby was little she let me put her in an extra bin---we use to put bins on wheels in front of our sewing machine to catch material --so funny I was sitting at the sewing machine while working and my baby in a bin beside me , I had to do that one day , But everyone loved her , They just walked by and poked at her  Razz 

If I had to go to an interview I would just tell the lady im so sorry --give them an excuse like my baby sitter backed out at the last minute , this usually doesn't happen but it did and she had to go to the hospital ,, Im very sorry but I really need this job and so I had to bring her with me I really hope you don't mind , and if you think my baby will be a problem then may I please have another time to interview because I really need this job  Suspect -- Laughing 

It doesn't work that way,Cool. The employer sets the time and you should never say I really need this job. It assumes you are going to get it.

cool1

cool1

Pediatrics.

Search
Pediatrics
By Age
Medical Info
Parenting

.Share
Print



Free Pediatrics Newsletter!Sign Up.

Kids in Hot Cars Alert

Hidden Dangers

By Vincent Iannelli, M.D.

Ads: Best Baby Car Seat
Baby Safety
Children Pediatrics
Focus Car
Having a Baby

A baby left in a hot car can quickly get too hot and suffer heat stroke.
A baby left in a hot car can quickly get too hot and suffer heat stroke, which can lead to a high fever, dehydration, seizures, stroke and death.
Photo by Vincent Iannelli, MD

Ads

Make-A-Wish Car Donationwheelsforwishes.org/Make-A-Wish100% Tax Deductible + Free Towing! Donate Your Car To Help FL Children

"TOP 3" Security Systemshomesecuritysystems.netWe Compared Home Security Systems. View Our Top 3 Security Systems!

Abortion Clinic to 14 Wkswww.abortionpensacola.com/Serving the Women of Pensacola FL Expert Abortion Services Since 1974

Related Searches•highway traffic safety
•child safety seat
•traffic safety administration
•national highway traffic safety administration
•national highway traffic

Ads

Compare Ford®️ E Serieswww.yoursouthernforddealers.comSee What the Ford E Series Offers Comparing It to the Competition.

Ask a Lawyer Online Nowlaw.justanswer.com12 Lawyers Are Online. Questions Answered Every 9 Seconds.

Although experts often focus on more common safety measures, like using car seats correctly and basic childproofing, there are many less well known 'hidden dangers' that may put your kids at risk.

Your family car is one of these 'hidden dangers,' and it is not just because of car accidents. In addition to the risk of getting hit or run over by a car, being left or getting trapped in a hot car can be just as deadly a danger. In fact, at least 600 children have died after being left in a hot car (sometimes on relatively mild days with only 70 degree temperatures) since 1998.

Each year, an average of 37 kids die after being left in a hot car. Unfortunately, we have already passed that number this year, with 42 deaths as of late-September.

Situations in which kids get hurt in hot cars include when:
•infants and toddlers are simply forgotten in their car seat

•toddlers or preschoolers sneak into the car to play and can't get out

•kids get trapped in the trunk

What's the danger?
In addition to the risk of being abducted if they are left alone in a car, on a typical summer day, the temperature inside a car (even with the windows rolled down a little) can quickly rise above 120 to 140 degrees. Even on a relatively mild day, the temperature inside a car can get above 100 degrees. At those temperatures, kids are at great risk for heat stroke, which can lead to a high fever, dehydration, seizures, stroke and death.

If you don't think that it can happen to you or your kids, consider these descriptions from the death certificates of children from 1998 that were published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
•a 9 month old died after being 'left strapped in child safety seat in a sweltering minivan for two hours - misunderstanding between child's parents resulted in the child being left alone in the van; one parent believed infant was at home with other'
•a 6 month old 'baby died when accidentally left in hot car for 3 hrs, died when outside 90-degree temperatures rose to 130 degrees inside closed car, parents thought the other had carried the baby from the car to crib'
•a 34 month old 'toddler who recently learned how to open a car door apparently climbed inside family station wagon while parent and sibling were in house'
•a 23 month old died when a 'relative babysitting child, put child in car for trip to store, went back in house having forgotten something, was distracted by something on television, sat on couch to watch, fell asleep, woke up two hours later'
•a 2 year old died after a 'parent left child in car after returning home from errand - was left for more than an hour'
•a 2 year old 'child apparently slipped away from parents and siblings, fell asleep atop blanket in unlocked car in driveway of home, oldest sibling found child 40 minutes later'
Remember, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 'a locked car sitting in the summer sun quickly turns into an oven,' and 'temperatures can climb from 78 degrees to 100 degrees in just three minutes, to 125 degrees in 6-8 minutes.'
Safety Tips
To keep your kids safe: •don't leave them in a car, which can quickly heat up, especially on a hot, sunny day
•always lock your car and secure the keys so that your kids can't get to them
•warn your kids about playing in the car by themselves without adult supervision
•install a trunk release mechanism, so that they can't get trapped in the trunk
•get your kids out of the car first, and then worry about getting the groceries, etc., out of the car when you get home
•make sure that child car providers and day care workers have a plan to make sure that kids aren't left in the day care providers car or van
If you are afraid that you might leave your sleeping infant or toddler in their car seat when you get out of the car, place a reminder on the dashboard.
Also be on alert for cars that might have an unattended child left inside. If you see a child alone in a car, be sure to call 911 and help make sure the child gets out as soon as possible.

And when a child is missing, in addition to checking the backyard pool and any other bodies of water, be sure to check inside the car and trunk of any nearby vehicles.

Kids in Cool Cars
The danger of being left alone isn't limited to kids getting overheated. Simply leaving the car running and the air conditioning on doesn't make your child any safer, even if it is just for a few minutes. Your child might be abducted, put the car into drive, or even get caught in a closing power window. So use the drive-through if it is available or take your kids inside, even if you will just be a few minutes. Don't leave your kids alone in the car. It just isn't safe and it is actually against the law in many states

least 600 children have died after being left in a hot car (sometimes on relatively mild days with only 70 degree temperatures) since 1998.- Surprised 

cool1

cool1

I just put in children and hot cars  Very Happy--all that popped up.

Sal

Sal

You really should think about some of the stuff you've put on this forum, Cool. 

I'm trying to be nice, but you're on thin ice here. 

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:My employer was pretty cool when my baby was little she let me put her in an extra bin---we use to put bins on wheels in front of our sewing machine to catch material --so funny I was sitting at the sewing machine while working and my baby in a bin beside me , I had to do that one day , But everyone loved her , They just walked by and poked at her  Razz 

It doesn't work that way,Cool. The employer sets the time and you should never say I really need this job. It assumes you are going to get it.

I would say anything --lol but I wouldn't leave my kid in a hot car period . I would beg if that's what it took lol

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I would say anything --lol but I wouldn't leave my kid in a hot car period .  I would beg if that's what it took lol

When you are begging on a public forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, you are inches away from this woman's dilemma. 

You should shut up now. 

cool1

cool1

Sal wrote:You really should think about some of the stuff you've put on this forum, Cool. 

I'm trying to be nice, but you're on thin ice here. 

I love ice  Very Happy ----by all means be nice . I didn't see anyone here not being nice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum