Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment

+10
QueenOfHearts
cool1
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Markle
2seaoat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

Oops, I thought you were disputing the accuracy of the temperature reported.  Surely you're not saying it is OK to leave a child in a car with the temperature of 100 degrees inside the care.   Shocked   Would you leave your dog in a hot car???????  Shocked 

Links regarding the mother's previous testing positive for drugs while pregnant:

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/shanesha-taylor-update-community-divided-over-mom-who-left-kids-in-car-during-job-interview

This one states the baby was positive for drugs when born:  http://www.azcentral.com/story/laurie-roberts/2014/04/11/shanesha-taylor-arizona-child-abuse/7565687/

Here's an interview with her great aunt who said they had relatives who would have watched the kids for her:  http://madamenoire.com/420468/100000-raised-homeless-mom-shanesha-taylor-aunt-claims-proud-ask-extended-family-help/

Poor and desperate people make bad decisions sometimes.

No one is saying that this woman made a good decision in leaving her children in the car.

Does this look like the face of a woman who thinks she made the right decision?

She made a mistake, but she was trying to get a JOB.

By all means, lets dig into this woman's past and see if we can rake her over the coals some more.

Fucking cannibals.

Rake her over the coals or use her as a political ploy? Fuck the kids.....your agenda is more important.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV4KrYNBMahP3FLifUYCz0ArJ1vSuP2HUkyspqLt9SUc9fS8LCbQ

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AzUMlAsFhs

Smile 

Sal wrote:You gotta admit, Markie possesses a rather unique combination of mind-numbing stupidity and condescending attitude.

Cue Socrates in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

lol

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRox-c6uj0m0ZHys-klQLhBs_DCWjBdh611nv0c--bLbCULrFd63Q

Actually I think that description fits you, Boards, FT, Seaoat, and a few other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals to a T.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Laughing 

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Would your wife leave her grandchildren, age 6 months and 2 years old, in a car in direct sunlight with outside temps over 70° with the windows up for more than 45 minutes?

Who was left in the car for 45 minutes?  Also, the woman in question on this thread had a window partially open.  My wife most certainly has left the kids in the car for ten minutes, and so have I.  My mother left my brother and I in the car for over an hour.   However, where are you getting 45 minutes?  

Explains a LOT!  Thank you!

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjUykO_-vGiCFbUz3zFseUaNoU7snfLh02QdHTSyTUlTrxcwSzcQ

He's not telling you the whole truth. He was the one in the car for an hour and the outside temp was in the upper nineties..... Unfortunately the condition he got from the experience has continued into adulthood.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMSc97UksM

Very Happy

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/19/2014, 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

I still did not see a police report which alleges a time frame the mother was gone from these children. Please give me a link to the police report so I can verify your conclusions.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I still did not see a police report which alleges a time frame the mother was gone from these children.  Please give me a link to the police report so I can verify your conclusions.

Didn't say it was a police report....a news report and I posted the link.
No need to continue the discussion.....you are trying to justify her actions.

2seaoat

I nor anyone else who is saying that this has been overcharged and is counterproductive to the best interest of the children is trying to justify the actions of the mother.....to the last person, every single person on this forum has said it was a mistake. Not every mistake is a crime, and certainly not a felony which has a maximum sentence of eight years in prison where these children lose their mother.

So let us make this simple..........would you prosecute this mother. I would not. I would put her in pretrial diversion, and be done with it. The need for people to have raw meat, and particularly black raw meat.......is disgusting because rather than recognizing the systemic cause of the problem, the same folks continually scapegoat and blame the victim. The mother should not be prosecuted.....what say you?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

What situation?  The woman who left her children in the car?  Or Cool's situation?  Because he personally attacked her, and it's inexcusable.  As if having a rough time financially is some kind of stigma that renders her experience as a mother and human being somehow less valuable to the discussion.  

I would never do what this woman did, but I find myself agreeing in part with Seaoat..."the system" can swallow up a person.  I recently met a local man who has been on probation since 2010, when his wife called the police to mediate an argument.  He was with his wife, so I have no reason to doubt his story.  But the judge wants to keep him in "the system".  And my response was, "It's a money machine."  And I believe that.  So, I don't want this woman (and her children) to suffer a penalty that is too harsh.  I would also want to know what kind of drugs she was taking...I've seen women with serious addiction who were unfit mothers...sometimes it's just alcohol, which is more than enough.  That's one of the people I turned in...because she came to my house in the middle of the day with the baby and was so drunk she almost sat on his head.  She made a mistake, but I hope the judge is lenient...and I hope she learned something.

What did I say that wasn't true, Tx?

She found herself in a desperate situation, and received a reprieve through a little Christian charity.

It'd be nice if she'd show a little empathy for a person who was in a similar situation.

Sal, I actually believe she does feel empathy for this mother but is just pointing out how dangerous it can be to leave children, particularly infants, in a car by themselves...and on a hot day it can be fatal to the child, probably much faster than people realize. She would never do it. I would never do it...not ever...not under any circumstances. I understand what might have been going through the mind of this mother...if she went to the interview with her kids in tow, it would be a strike against her in the interview. We don't even know enough about this woman's life to make any kind of judgement...that's why we have courts. Too bad they don't function as well as they should.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Sal wrote:You gotta admit, Markie possesses a rather unique combination of mind-numbing stupidity and condescending attitude.

lol

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRox-c6uj0m0ZHys-klQLhBs_DCWjBdh611nv0c--bLbCULrFd63Q

Actually I think that description fits you, Boards, FT, Seaoat, and a few other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals to a T.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing 

But then you have to consider the fact that no one really cares what you think.

2seaoat wrote:I nor anyone else who is saying that this has been overcharged and is counterproductive to the best interest of the children is trying to justify the actions of the mother.....to the last person, every single person on this forum has said it was a mistake.  Not every mistake is a crime, and certainly not a felony which has a maximum sentence of eight years in prison where these children lose their mother.

So let us make this simple..........would you prosecute this mother.  I would not.  I would put her in pretrial diversion, and be done with it.  The need for people to have raw meat, and particularly black raw meat.......is disgusting because rather than recognizing the systemic cause of the problem, the same folks continually scapegoat and blame the victim.   The mother should not be prosecuted.....what say you?

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSewvDz7jdCA4vwkRHY75lujVnit5olqRrsgmt4yxYwbTzIjlUhmA

You're absolutely right... Let's drop all charges and just give her back the children... Then the next time it happens and one or both children are dead, or maimed in some way for life, you can scream how racist all conservatives are in allowing a potential child killer like this have another chance.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/19/2014, 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Floridatexan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

lol

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing 

But then you have to consider the fact that no one really cares what you think.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK8KQdnSKydL6sbkuCvG5N3TiDtMgoprwtrKEEFGBIpZzwkjMX

If that were true your screeching about how everything is Bush's fault wouldn't have ended a couple of months ago and those pressing supposedly enlightened progressive liberal social issues would dominate this forum there darlin'...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Wink 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I nor anyone else who is saying that this has been overcharged and is counterproductive to the best interest of the children is trying to justify the actions of the mother.....to the last person, every single person on this forum has said it was a mistake.  Not every mistake is a crime, and certainly not a felony which has a maximum sentence of eight years in prison where these children lose their mother.

So let us make this simple..........would you prosecute this mother.  I would not.  I would put her in pretrial diversion, and be done with it.  The need for people to have raw meat, and particularly black raw meat.......is disgusting because rather than recognizing the systemic cause of the problem, the same folks continually scapegoat and blame the victim.   The mother should not be prosecuted.....what say you?

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSewvDz7jdCA4vwkRHY75lujVnit5olqRrsgmt4yxYwbTzIjlUhmA

You absolutely right... Let's drop all charges and just give her back the children... Then the next time it happens and one or both children are dead, or maimed in some way for life, you can scream how racist all conservatives are in allowing a potential child killer like this have another chance.

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Does that include her oldest child that doesn't live with her.....because of previous neglect.

2seaoat

Does that include her oldest child that doesn't live with her.....because of previous neglect.

Please give a link

Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

You absolutely right... Let's drop all charges and just give her back the children... Then the next time it happens and one or both children are dead, or maimed in some way for life, you can scream how racist all conservatives are in allowing a potential child killer like this have another chance.

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj9ha0AOH6jfLQ9SrY4LBoktYsZTEYkseNdCRAonKpSV_D3UOt

Yeah sure... If some woman wants to commit extremely late term abortion you know all the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals will be all for it. And you know that just like with other abortions the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals will tell us conservatives that it's none of our business what a woman does with her children and then screech how it's all the conservatives fault, and that we're a bunch of racists, when it does happen no matter what we say... or do..... You could say the conservatives are fraked if you do and fraked if you don't but in the end...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/19/2014, 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total

2seaoat wrote:Does that include her oldest child that doesn't live with her.....because of previous neglect.

Please give a link

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtI6A0Lz-jDii2hDvNwEovsSeFL1hHrcGbe2jYZeuW232UsHMf

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8

Razz 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreamsglore wrote:He attacked her lack of compassion as someone who also has been in a rough spot. You have misread his intention. I have also expressed concern about the healthcare issue w/ someone who benefited greatly by it but criticizes the person who made it possible for them. You don't have to like them but be grateful for what they have done that has made your life so much better. That is what I meant by "things people choose to ignore".

I honestly don't think Cool displayed a lack of empathy for the woman...more like she was stating the obvious...what this mother did could have had a much worse outcome.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Does that include her oldest child that doesn't live with her.....because of previous neglect.

Please give a link

Nope....already posted links.

I'm m sure the older daughter just went to spend the night with grandmaw years ago, and mom forgot to pick her up.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Please give a link

Nope....already posted links.

I'm m sure the older daughter just went to spend the night with grandmaw years ago, and mom forgot to pick her up.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQsLgzLdxJdNok5URHl_82QNZZiWCWVmxqugr3pOoVp8hzh7ZZ3Q

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjaW9sXl7s

Very Happy 

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I think I fell asleep around page 10 of this thread last night. Round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

What is the opposite of an echo chamber?

A chamber that you talk into and your words disappear without being heard. I think this is an imaginary thing but sometimes the discussions on this forum resemble such a creation.

No matter how many times oats and FT say the woman made a mistake they are not heard. They are accused of thinking her act was somehow justifiable by the opposition group.

This is another example of verbally hitting your head against a brick wall.

Personally I think the woman needs a group shelter to live in, parenting classes and of course a job. Things would get better for her and her children from that point on. Being sent to prison is just counter productive in my view as it breaks up the family further traumatizing the children.

I have volunteered with the Guardian Ad Litem people a bit and have seen horrible living conditions that exposed children to all sorts of dangers. Using that model children are removed from the dangerous situation until the parents have gotten their act together and then the family is reunited. That makes sense to me.

Nekochan

Nekochan

othershoe1030 wrote:I think I fell asleep around page 10 of this thread last night. Round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

A chamber that you talk into and your words disappear without being heard. I think this is an imaginary thing but sometimes the discussions on this forum resemble such a creation.

No matter how many times oats and FT say the woman made a mistake they are not heard. They are accused of thinking her act was somehow justifiable by the opposition group.

Personally I think the woman needs a group shelter to live in, parenting classes and of course a job. Things would get better for her and her children from that point on. Being sent to prison is just counter productive in my view as it breaks up the family further traumatizing the children.

I have volunteered with the Guardian Ad Litem people a bit and have seen horrible living conditions that exposed children to all sorts of dangers. Using that model children are removed from the dangerous situation until the parents have gotten their act together and then the family is reunited. That makes sense to me.

I don't really have a problem with FT's comments...especially her taking up for Cool.

If Seaoat could make his points without calling those who disagree with him racists and bigots......he might be taken more seriously.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I think I fell asleep around page 10 of this thread last night. Round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

FT has not justified the acts of Ms. Taylor, however,  Seaoat continues to question the dangerousness of the incident and has minimized the seriousness of leaving the children in the car.   He questions the documented time in the car... and insists the windows were rolled down rather than just cracked.

Having been a Guardian Ad Litem you most likely have seen horrible situations for childrento live in.  There is a fine line judging if intervention and  parenting classes will work. In many cases you are gambling with the child's life.

I witnessed a situation of abuse involving 18 month old twins. The recommendation was temporary removal, counseling, and parenting classes. This recommendation was vehemently protested by the maternal and praternal grandparents to no avail.

The requirements were met and the twin boys returned to the home 6 weeks later.  Within a week....I watched my first autopsy on one of the twins......because the toddler was crying....his DADDY held him by his legs and head slammed him into the wall until his brain was splattered everywhere.

Seeing dead children that are victims of parental abuse  changes your perspectives.

Behavioural change for adults is not always possible.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:

FT has not justified the acts of Ms. Taylor, however,  Seaoat continues to question the dangerousness of the incident and has minimized the seriousness of leaving the children in the car.   He questions the documented time in the car... and insists the windows were rolled down rather than just cracked.

Having been a Guardian Ad Litem you most likely have seen horrible situations for childrento live in.  There is a fine line judging if intervention and  parenting classes will work. In many cases you are gambling with the child's life.

I witnessed a situation of abuse involving 18 month old twins. The recommendation was temporary removal, counseling, and parenting classes. This recommendation was vehemently protested by the maternal and praternal grandparents to no avail.

The requirements were met and the twin boys returned to the home 6 weeks later.  Within a week....I watched my first autopsy on one of the twins......because he was crying....he was held by his legs and had his head slammed into the wall until his brain was splattered everywhere.

Seeing dead children that are victims of parental abuse  changes your perspectives.

Behavioural change for adults is not always possible.

True....he questions the facts from his own link! But only if they don't support his opinion!

Sal

Sal

The children were unharmed in this case.

Neglect?

Possibly.

Felony child abuse?

Not even close.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote: The money she got was collected by a Bishop at a fundraiser

That's one thing about Catholics.  Regardless of whatever else they believe or say or do,  they do tend to think it's a Christian act to come to the aid of the poor and downtrodden.  They seem to believe this is what Jesus wants them to do.

Personally I don't know if they're in harmony with Jesus on this one.  According to his biographers in the Bible,  Jesus said a lot of different stuff and it's not always consistent.  But if there's any one thing that comes out of his teachings,  it does seem to be a desire for us to help those in need.
Would he want this person to be prosecuted and jailed for what she did since she was negligent and put her children's health or lives at risk? Would he say what she did justifies taking her children away from her?
Or would he not?
Beats me.  Unfortunately we can't ask him.

2seaoat

I only reported the truth that the windows were NOT closed. However, let us say the mother went in for the job interview and the windows were completely open.........cannot a child die in a car with the windows completely open.....yes in the right conditions. All I want is reliable links. The usual suspects are doing exactly what they did with the victim in after Zimmerman killed Martin......looking for anything which made the person look bad to justify the unjustifiable. There is absolutely no justifiable reason that these children should be taken from this mother or that she should be facing eight years in prison. She should get pretrial diversion and be reunited with her children. Maybe somebody can help her find a job with all the resources of the police state trying to put her in jail and destroy a family.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Beats me.  Unfortunately we can't ask him.

Dammit!

Now, what am I gonna do with all these WWJD? bracelets?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum