Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment

+10
QueenOfHearts
cool1
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Markle
2seaoat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

no stress

no stress

cool1 wrote:Pediatrics.

Search
Pediatrics
By Age
Medical Info
Parenting

.Share
Print



Free Pediatrics Newsletter!Sign Up.

Kids in Hot Cars Alert

Hidden Dangers

By Vincent Iannelli, M.D.

Ads: Best Baby Car Seat
Baby Safety
Children Pediatrics
Focus Car
Having a Baby

A baby left in a hot car can quickly get too hot and suffer heat stroke.
A baby left in a hot car can quickly get too hot and suffer heat stroke, which can lead to a high fever, dehydration, seizures, stroke and death.
Photo by Vincent Iannelli, MD

Ads

Make-A-Wish Car Donationwheelsforwishes.org/Make-A-Wish100% Tax Deductible + Free Towing! Donate Your Car To Help FL Children

"TOP 3" Security Systemshomesecuritysystems.netWe Compared Home Security Systems. View Our Top 3 Security Systems!

Abortion Clinic to 14 Wkswww.abortionpensacola.com/Serving the Women of Pensacola FL Expert Abortion Services Since 1974

Related Searches•highway traffic safety
•child safety seat
•traffic safety administration
•national highway traffic safety administration
•national highway traffic

Ads

Compare Ford®️ E Serieswww.yoursouthernforddealers.comSee What the Ford E Series Offers Comparing It to the Competition.

Ask a Lawyer Online Nowlaw.justanswer.com12 Lawyers Are Online. Questions Answered Every 9 Seconds.

Although experts often focus on more common safety measures, like using car seats correctly and basic childproofing, there are many less well known 'hidden dangers' that may put your kids at risk.

Your family car is one of these 'hidden dangers,' and it is not just because of car accidents. In addition to the risk of getting hit or run over by a car, being left or getting trapped in a hot car can be just as deadly a danger. In fact, at least 600 children have died after being left in a hot car (sometimes on relatively mild days with only 70 degree temperatures) since 1998.

Each year, an average of 37 kids die after being left in a hot car. Unfortunately, we have already passed that number this year, with 42 deaths as of late-September.

Situations in which kids get hurt in hot cars include when:
•infants and toddlers are simply forgotten in their car seat

•toddlers or preschoolers sneak into the car to play and can't get out

•kids get trapped in the trunk

What's the danger?
In addition to the risk of being abducted if they are left alone in a car, on a typical summer day, the temperature inside a car (even with the windows rolled down a little) can quickly rise above 120 to 140 degrees. Even on a relatively mild day, the temperature inside a car can get above 100 degrees. At those temperatures, kids are at great risk for heat stroke, which can lead to a high fever, dehydration, seizures, stroke and death.

If you don't think that it can happen to you or your kids, consider these descriptions from the death certificates of children from 1998 that were published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
•a 9 month old died after being 'left strapped in child safety seat in a sweltering minivan for two hours - misunderstanding between child's parents resulted in the child being left alone in the van; one parent believed infant was at home with other'
•a 6 month old 'baby died when accidentally left in hot car for 3 hrs, died when outside 90-degree temperatures rose to 130 degrees inside closed car, parents thought the other had carried the baby from the car to crib'
•a 34 month old 'toddler who recently learned how to open a car door apparently climbed inside family station wagon while parent and sibling were in house'
•a 23 month old died when a 'relative babysitting child, put child in car for trip to store, went back in house having forgotten something, was distracted by something on television, sat on couch to watch, fell asleep, woke up two hours later'
•a 2 year old died after a 'parent left child in car after returning home from errand - was left for more than an hour'
•a 2 year old 'child apparently slipped away from parents and siblings, fell asleep atop blanket in unlocked car in driveway of home, oldest sibling found child 40 minutes later'
Remember, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 'a locked car sitting in the summer sun quickly turns into an oven,' and 'temperatures can climb from 78 degrees to 100 degrees in just three minutes, to 125 degrees in 6-8 minutes.'
Safety Tips
To keep your kids safe: •don't leave them in a car, which can quickly heat up, especially on a hot, sunny day
•always lock your car and secure the keys so that your kids can't get to them
•warn your kids about playing in the car by themselves without adult supervision
•install a trunk release mechanism, so that they can't get trapped in the trunk
•get your kids out of the car first, and then worry about getting the groceries, etc., out of the car when you get home
•make sure that child car providers and day care workers have a plan to make sure that kids aren't left in the day care providers car or van
If you are afraid that you might leave your sleeping infant or toddler in their car seat when you get out of the car, place a reminder on the dashboard.
Also be on alert for cars that might have an unattended child left inside. If you see a child alone in a car, be sure to call 911 and help make sure the child gets out as soon as possible.

And when a child is missing, in addition to checking the backyard pool and any other bodies of water, be sure to check inside the car and trunk of any nearby vehicles.

Kids in Cool Cars
The danger of being left alone isn't limited to kids getting overheated. Simply leaving the car running and the air conditioning on doesn't make your child any safer, even if it is just for a few minutes. Your child might be abducted, put the car into drive, or even get caught in a closing power window. So use the drive-through if it is available or take your kids inside, even if you will just be a few minutes. Don't leave your kids alone in the car. It just isn't safe and it is actually against the law in many states

least 600 children have died after being left in a hot car (sometimes on relatively mild days with only 70 degree temperatures) since 1998.- Surprised 
Thanks Cool...hopefully dome of these dumbasses that think leaving a child in a car at even 70 degrees will read it.

cool1

cool1

Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:My employer was pretty cool when my baby was little she let me put her in an extra bin---we use to put bins on wheels in front of our sewing machine to catch material --so funny I was sitting at the sewing machine while working and my baby in a bin beside me , I had to do that one day , But everyone loved her , They just walked by and poked at her  Razz 

If I had to go to an interview I would just tell the lady im so sorry --give them an excuse like my baby sitter backed out at the last minute , this usually doesn't happen but it did and she had to go to the hospital ,, Im very sorry but I really need this job and so I had to bring her with me I really hope you don't mind , and if you think my baby will be a problem then may I please have another time to interview because I really need this job  Suspect -- Laughing 

It doesn't work that way,Cool. The employer sets the time and you should never say I really need this job. It assumes you are going to get it.

I would say anything --lol but I wouldn't leave my kid in a hot car period .  I would beg if that's what it took lol

When you are begging on a public forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, you are inches away from this woman's dilemma. 

You should shut up now. 

And you are who to be telling people to shut up--- Razz 

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:My employer was pretty cool when my baby was little she let me put her in an extra bin---we use to put bins on wheels in front of our sewing machine to catch material --so funny I was sitting at the sewing machine while working and my baby in a bin beside me , I had to do that one day , But everyone loved her , They just walked by and poked at her  Razz 

If I had to go to an interview I would just tell the lady im so sorry --give them an excuse like my baby sitter backed out at the last minute , this usually doesn't happen but it did and she had to go to the hospital ,, Im very sorry but I really need this job and so I had to bring her with me I really hope you don't mind , and if you think my baby will be a problem then may I please have another time to interview because I really need this job  Suspect -- Laughing 

It doesn't work that way,Cool. The employer sets the time and you should never say I really need this job. It assumes you are going to get it.

I would say anything --lol but I wouldn't leave my kid in a hot car period .  I would beg if that's what it took lol

When you are begging on a public forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, you are inches away from this woman's dilemma. 

You should shut up now. 
Pretty sure that she explained in an earlier post that she found a daycare to put her kids in while job hunting. You only look foolish chastising her when she did the right thing while you defend a dumbass who damn near made beef jerky out of her kids.

Last edited by Gunz on 4/17/2014, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

cool1

cool1

Being poor does not give me or anyone else the right to put a childs life in danger.

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You should shut up now. 

I'm the one who has seen you begging on the forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, and then having the temerity to pass judgement on others in desperate situations. 

You really should shut up now. 

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You should shut up now. 

I'm the one who has seen you begging on the forum and accepting canned goods from high schoolers, and then having the temerity to pass judgement on others in desperate situations. 

I'll take begging for food on a forum over asking for advice on how to fuck around on my wife anyday......glass houses

cool1

cool1

Razz 

cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Beg who? A stranger? If you were in that woman's situation you may would do something you wouldn't normally do. It's easy to be judgmental when you have resources. You apparently had the money to pay a babysitter. She did not.

Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You should shut up now. 

I'll take begging for food on a forum over asking for advice on how to fuck around on my wife anyday......glass houses

Oh stuff it up your kazoo. You had a avatar effing a sheep so what does that say?

Sal

Sal

What a trip. 

The same mob who condemns people looking for a "handout", embrace a beggar and shame a woman trying to get a fucking job. 

Go figure. 

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:What a trip. 

The same mob who condemns people looking for a "handout", embrace a beggar and shame a woman trying to get a fucking job. 

Go figure. 

Forgetaboutit . . . .

cool1

cool1

she may not have had the money -understood , I still wouldn't leave my kid in the car period , that's all im saying I guess I would have to miss the interview , Im just saying what I would do doesn't mean others would do the same , Im saying I under no circumstances would leave my child in a car hot or not by him or her self period.

Sal

Sal

Damn .....

..... you just can't get over the fact that a woman came on to me, can ya?

Must suck to be you. 

You would think someone in a bad situation would have compassion for someone else in a bad situation. I don't get it?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Go figure. 

No one is trying to shame her for trying to get a job.

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch, this is about the woman leaving her infant and toddler unattended in a hot car. If you were in the same situation would you have left your son alone in a hot car? No friggin way.

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:

Go figure. 

Forgetaboutit . . . .

I don't think so. 

I'm starting to get pissed. 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:You would think someone in a bad situation would have compassion for someone else in a bad situation. I don't get it?

Compassion for child endangerment, really?

cool1

cool1

Im the stranger that would have watched her kid for her while she went in -to bad more people aren't like me huh---I feel bad for her -I just wouldn't leave my kid in a car alone that's all .  

If If saw the kid and asked her whats up well I would have watched the child till she got out .

Last edited by cool1 on 4/17/2014, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

You know, people used to do that all the time. My mother would leave us in the car while she went shopping.People still do it. I see it all the time at convenience stores. People leave the car running w/ babies strapped in.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:You would think someone in a bad situation would have compassion for someone else in a bad situation. I don't get it?

Compassion for child endangerment, really?

Yes, compassion for somebody who made a mistake. We all haven't been perfect parents. You have to look at the whole picture.

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:Im the stranger that would have watched her kid for her while she went in -to bad more people aren't like me huh---I feel bad for her -I just wouldn't leave my kid in a car alone that's all .  

If If saw the kid and asked her whats up well I would have watched the child till she got out .

Jebus, you're not improving your image. 

cool1

cool1

Im done --I don't have to prove myself to anyone -- If you see nothing wrong with leaving children in cars unsupervised that's you not me .

cool1 wrote:Im the stranger that would have watched her kid for her while she went in -to bad more people aren't like me huh---I feel bad for her -I just wouldn't leave my kid in a car alone that's all .  

Too bad you weren't there,Cool. It would have saved her a lot of heartache.

Sal

Sal

cool1 wrote:Im done --

You were before you even started.

Your hypocrisy is self evident  

You've got nothing to prove. 

lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
cool1 wrote:Im done --

You were before you even started.

Your hypocrisy is self evident  

You've got nothing to prove. 

lol

You ignored my question......if you were in her situation would you have left your son unattended in a hot car at age 6 months?

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 4/17/2014, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum