Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment

+10
QueenOfHearts
cool1
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Markle
2seaoat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:The children were unharmed in this case.

Neglect?

Possibly.

Felony child abuse?

Not even close.

The children were damn lucky...the mother, according to reports, returned to the car 40-45 minutes after the police had arrived.

Now, while you are so damn defensive of this woman, do you know with 100% accuracy this was just a poor decision and not an intentional act?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I only reported the truth that the windows were NOT closed.  However, let us say the mother went in for the job interview and the windows were completely open.........cannot a child die in a car with the windows completely open.....yes in the right conditions.   All I want is reliable links.   The usual suspects are doing exactly what they did with the victim in after Zimmerman killed Martin......looking for anything which made the person look bad to justify the unjustifiable.  There is absolutely no justifiable reason that these children should be taken from this mother or that she should be facing eight years in prison.  She should get pretrial diversion and be reunited with her children.   Maybe somebody can help her find a job with all the resources of the police state trying to put her in jail and destroy a family.

She had a part time job, she had government assistance, she lived with her parents, she drove a Dodge Durango...

2seaoat

Do you think Christ would try to help this woman and her children, or work to put her in jail for eight years and separate the children from their mother. Some people here have advocated the same, and say I am calling racism.....duh....what Christian would not be working to help this woman....unless something in that person's subconscious disallowed Christian Charity to apply to some.......yep......I am wrong in picking up the usual patterns which when they repeatedly show up on so many threads, the usual suspects deny commonality.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Do you think Christ would try to help this woman and her children, or work to put her in jail for eight years and separate the children from their mother.  Some people here have advocated the same, and say I am calling racism.....duh....what Christian would not be working to help this woman....unless something in that person's subconscious disallowed Christian Charity to apply to some.......yep......I am wrong in picking up the usual patterns which when they repeatedly show up on so many threads, the usual suspects deny commonality.  

I'm more inclined to help the helpless.....the children. This woman was getting help and her entire family lived in the area.

2seaoat

I'm more inclined to help the helpless.....the children. This woman was getting help and her entire family lived in the area.

So you agree that she should be prosecuted and face eight years in jail?

2seaoat wrote:I'm more inclined to help the helpless.....the children. This woman was getting help and her entire family lived in the area.

Exactly how many sets of rules and laws and standards do you want? I guess the key to consistency is complexity.

Up is down... bad is good... less is more... etc.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I think I fell asleep around page 10 of this thread last night. Round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

What is the opposite of an echo chamber?

A chamber that you talk into and your words disappear without being heard. I think this is an imaginary thing but sometimes the discussions on this forum resemble such a creation.

No matter how many times oats and FT say the woman made a mistake they are not heard. They are accused of thinking her act was somehow justifiable by the opposition group.

This is another example of verbally hitting your head against a brick wall.

Personally I think the woman needs a group shelter to live in, parenting classes and of course a job. Things would get better for her and her children from that point on. Being sent to prison is just counter productive in my view as it breaks up the family further traumatizing the children.

I have volunteered with the Guardian Ad Litem people a bit and have seen horrible living conditions that exposed children to all sorts of dangers. Using that model children are removed from the dangerous situation until the parents have gotten their act together and then the family is reunited. That makes sense to me.

FT has not justified the acts of Ms. Taylor, however,  Seaoat continues to question the dangerousness of the incident and has minimized the seriousness of leaving the children in the car.   He questions the documented time in the car... and insists the windows were rolled down rather than just cracked.

Having been a Guardian Ad Litem you most likely have seen horrible situations for childrento live in.  There is a fine line judging if intervention and  parenting classes will work. In many cases you are gambling with the child's life.

I witnessed a situation of abuse involving 18 month old twins. The recommendation was temporary removal, counseling, and parenting classes. This recommendation was vehemently protested by the maternal and praternal grandparents to no avail.

The requirements were met and the twin boys returned to the home 6 weeks later.  Within a week....I watched my first autopsy on one of the twins......because the toddler was crying....his DADDY  held him by his legs and head slammed him into the wall until his brain was splattered everywhere.

Seeing dead children that are victims of parental abuse  changes your perspectives.

Behavioural change for adults is not always possible.

My God Joanie, how horrible!

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

2seaoat wrote:I'm more inclined to help the helpless.....the children. This woman was getting help and her entire family lived in the area.

I think she should be prosecuted, but not incarcerated. I think she should lose custody of her children for as long as it takes to be absolutely sure she will stop making bad decisions regarding her children's well-being. If she will stop.

Answer this, Seaoat: She had made two decisions that could have had deadly consequences for her children. How many more chances do you say she should be given?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I think I fell asleep around page 10 of this thread last night. Round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

What is the opposite of an echo chamber?

A chamber that you talk into and your words disappear without being heard. I think this is an imaginary thing but sometimes the discussions on this forum resemble such a creation.

No matter how many times oats and FT say the woman made a mistake they are not heard. They are accused of thinking her act was somehow justifiable by the opposition group.

This is another example of verbally hitting your head against a brick wall.

Personally I think the woman needs a group shelter to live in, parenting classes and of course a job. Things would get better for her and her children from that point on. Being sent to prison is just counter productive in my view as it breaks up the family further traumatizing the children.

I have volunteered with the Guardian Ad Litem people a bit and have seen horrible living conditions that exposed children to all sorts of dangers. Using that model children are removed from the dangerous situation until the parents have gotten their act together and then the family is reunited. That makes sense to me.

FT has not justified the acts of Ms. Taylor, however,  Seaoat continues to question the dangerousness of the incident and has minimized the seriousness of leaving the children in the car.   He questions the documented time in the car... and insists the windows were rolled down rather than just cracked.

Having been a Guardian Ad Litem you most likely have seen horrible situations for childrento live in.  There is a fine line judging if intervention and  parenting classes will work. In many cases you are gambling with the child's life.

I witnessed a situation of abuse involving 18 month old twins. The recommendation was temporary removal, counseling, and parenting classes. This recommendation was vehemently protested by the maternal and praternal grandparents to no avail.

The requirements were met and the twin boys returned to the home 6 weeks later.  Within a week....I watched my first autopsy on one of the twins......because the toddler was crying....his DADDY  held him by his legs and head slammed him into the wall until his brain was splattered everywhere.

Seeing dead children that are victims of parental abuse  changes your perspectives.

Behavioural change for adults is not always possible.

My God Joanie, how horrible!

It still makes me cry!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I never said 8 years....IMO 8 years is excessive and I would be shocked beyond belief it she was sentenced to the maximum. However, she intentionally left these children unattended in a hot car with the keys in the ignition. The children could have died from heat stroke or could had been kidnapped.

Again, the children are damn lucky. A slap on the wrist and $100,000 dollars is not the answer. There needs to be consequences for her gross negligence.

Devil advocate....what was her real motive? Does she want her kids, all three of them?

2seaoat

By that standard, most parents would lose custody of their children. Certainly my wife and I both left the kids in the car for short periods of time which if something had happened we too would be facing eight years in jail......nonsense. I have been a guardian ad litem. I have seen abuse. This was not abuse, it was potentially neglect, but the punishment is stupid, this is a pretrial diversion case and should not be prosecuted. Tell me PK where in the statute it says that five minutes in a car is ok, but six minutes is an eight year jail sentence.....idiocy....ever hear of discretion.....prosecutors and police use it daily, and without it the system which you fight to deny would not work.

Talking about twins who had been brutally beaten and associating the same with this case is offensive. At a core level, terribly offensive. This mother was fighting for her children by trying to find employment. She did not intentionally put her children in harms way, but was at worse terrible negligent not understanding the risk and therefore wrong. However, to talk about autopsies and beaten children in the same breath as a mother doing a job interview and saying she should be prosecuted and separated from her children is as wrong as leaving the children in the car.

This mother intentionally put her children in harms way.

I bet you the same people would be screaming at a person for leaving their dog in a hot car. But yet you defend a woman leaving her  6 month old baby in a hot car.

It does not matter what the reason is why she left them in the car. there is no justification. none.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:By that standard, most parents would lose custody of their children.  Certainly my wife and I both left the kids in the car for short periods of time which if something had happened we too would be facing eight years in jail......nonsense.   I have been a guardian ad litem.   I have seen abuse. This was not abuse, it was potentially neglect, but the punishment is stupid, this is a pretrial diversion case and should not be prosecuted.  Tell me PK where in the statute it says that five minutes in a car is ok, but six minutes is an eight year jail sentence.....idiocy....ever hear of discretion.....prosecutors and police use it daily, and without it the system which you fight to deny would not work.

Talking about twins who had been brutally beaten and associating the same with this case is offensive.   At a core level, terribly offensive.  This mother was fighting for her children by trying to find employment.  She did not intentionally put her children in harms way, but was at worse terrible negligent not understanding the risk and therefore wrong.  However, to talk about autopsies and beaten children in the same breath as a mother doing a job interview and saying she should be prosecuted and separated from her children is as wrong as leaving the children in the car.

This mother was fighting for her children by trying to find employment.  She did not intentionally put her children in harms way, but was at worse terrible negligent not understanding the risk and therefore wrong.

You do not know what her intentions were.....you are assuming.

My comments regarding the one twin beaten was in response to Othershoe . And for God sake let's not insert reality into this fantasy thread.

2seaoat

So I am assuming that a job application is a positive thing for this woman and her children. No assumption......fact. Am I assuming that she put her children in the car to kill them. No assumption......she was going to a job interview and was not intending to harm her children.

You comparing this woman to somebody who swings children around and kills them is offensive. Deeply offensive. This type of hatred has nothing to do with the well being of these children, any more than digging up Trayvon's pot use had anything to do with him being shot.......yet you repeatedly do this as do others, and when I repeatedly point this out, it is I who is using the race card. Nope. Your underlying racism is simply so powerful and comprehensive that you honestly do not see the same. How do I see this.......because my family shares your beliefs. I love them all, but they were simply trained as children in a manner they can never shed without a conscious effort.......and you do not see it, so you will never make any attempt to stop the consistent underlying racism which guides your political beliefs......

Neko to come.....shut up seaoat
Joani to come......double shut up seaoat
PK to come........government does not work
Pace.......just some more seaoat white guilt
Dot.....who is on first

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

2seaoat wrote:So I am assuming that a job application is a positive thing for this woman and her children.  No assumption......fact.    Am I assuming that she put her children in the car to kill them.  No assumption......she was going to a job interview and was not intending to harm her children.

You comparing this woman to somebody who swings children around and kills them is offensive.  Deeply offensive.  This type of hatred has nothing to do with the well being of these children, any more than digging up Trayvon's pot use had anything to do with him being shot.......yet you repeatedly do this as do others, and when I repeatedly point this out, it is I who is using the race card.  Nope.  Your underlying racism is simply so powerful and comprehensive that you honestly do not see the same.  How do I see this.......because my family shares your beliefs.  I love them all, but they were simply trained as children in a manner they can never shed without a conscious effort.......and you do not see it, so you will never make any attempt to stop the consistent underlying racism which guides your political beliefs......

Dot.....who is on first

Do you think Joani's opinion would be different if this woman was white? Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The man that suffocated the infant is white......he deserves a bullet to the head. Stuff the race card. I will post according to my beliefs not your theories.

2seaoat

I think there is a well established pattern. I will say she consistently comes to the defense of children, but that is not what I am referring to.......I am referring to the clear pattern which crosses over from thread to thread. The first time I see her having compassion for a person of color and giving that person the same compassion she would extend to a white person, I will begin to see a change. However, it is consistently.......hang the black person.

If it were one or five posts, one could easily conclude that I am full of chit.....but after hundreds of posts where this pattern is established and we have this debate every six months.......one of us is right, and one of us is wrong. There is no middle ground.

no stress

no stress

Notice that joanie posted about an assumption then seaoat disputes it by reaffirming an entirely different assumption than joanie referenced? This is a seaoat tactic , his calling card. His way of avoiding someone's point of view while reiterating that he is right. He also takes parts from the story (the kids were unharmed) as the gospel but when you cite facts from the exact same article he questions the validity of it. He is epitome of "utter nonsense".

2seaoat wrote:So I am assuming that a job application is a positive thing for this woman and her children. No assumption......fact. Am I assuming that she put her children in the car to kill them. No assumption......she was going to a job interview and was not intending to harm her children.

You comparing this woman to somebody who swings children around and kills them is offensive. Deeply offensive. This type of hatred has nothing to do with the well being of these children, any more than digging up Trayvon's pot use had anything to do with him being shot.......yet you repeatedly do this as do others, and when I repeatedly point this out, it is I who is using the race card. Nope. Your underlying racism is simply so powerful and comprehensive that you honestly do not see the same. How do I see this.......because my family shares your beliefs. I love them all, but they were simply trained as children in a manner they can never shed without a conscious effort.......and you do not see it, so you will never make any attempt to stop the consistent underlying racism which guides your political beliefs......

Dot.....who is on first

Govt can and would work fine if it's job were as a simple arbiter... using simple quantifiable laws. No stake in the game... no picking winners and losers... no benefit or subsidy... no laws or codes so voluminous that they can't be known readily.

general welfare = to the benefit of all citizens

Scares the shit out of you... doesn't it.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Sal wrote:You gotta admit, Markie possesses a rather unique combination of mind-numbing stupidity and condescending attitude.

Cue Socrates in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

lol

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 12 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRox-c6uj0m0ZHys-klQLhBs_DCWjBdh611nv0c--bLbCULrFd63Q

Actually I think that description fits you, Boards, FT, Seaoat, and a few other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals to a T.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Laughing 

But then you have to consider the fact that no one really cares what you think.

Obviously you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have responded.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I think there is a well established pattern.  I will say she consistently comes to the defense of children, but that is not what I am referring to.......I am referring to the clear pattern which crosses over from thread to thread.  The first time I see her having compassion for a person of color and giving that person the same compassion she would extend to a white person, I will begin to see a change.  However, it is consistently.......hang the black person.

If it were one or five posts, one could easily conclude that I am full of chit..... but after hundreds of posts where this pattern is established and we have this debate every six months.......one of us is right, and one of us is wrong.   There is no middle ground.

You said that, no one else...although....

You got on the WRONG SIDE of this issue and didn't have the intestinal fortitude to admit you are wrong, wrong, wrong.  When any Progressive gets in trouble, the first thing they reach for desperately is the....

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 12 ShoutRacist

As for "Middle Ground", your tiny rants have touted EIGHT YEARS IN PRISON like it was the MINIMUM sentence rather than the MAXIMUM.  Would you like me to explain the difference?  Or would you like to have one of your Progressive comrades explain the difference for you?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't think anyone on here said she should get 8 years. I said that she shouldn't have custody until or unless she learns from her mistakes and can be trusted to make better child rearing decisions.

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:So I am assuming that a job application is a positive thing for this woman and her children.  No assumption......fact.    Am I assuming that she put her children in the car to kill them.  No assumption......she was going to a job interview and was not intending to harm her children.

You comparing this woman to somebody who swings children around and kills them is offensive.  Deeply offensive.  This type of hatred has nothing to do with the well being of these children, any more than digging up Trayvon's pot use had anything to do with him being shot.......yet you repeatedly do this as do others, and when I repeatedly point this out, it is I who is using the race card.  Nope.  Your underlying racism is simply so powerful and comprehensive that you honestly do not see the same.  How do I see this.......because my family shares your beliefs.  I love them all, but they were simply trained as children in a manner they can never shed without a conscious effort.......and you do not see it, so you will never make any attempt to stop the consistent underlying racism which guides your political beliefs......

Dot.....who is on first

Govt can and would work fine if it's job were as a simple arbiter... using simple quantifiable laws. No stake in the game... no picking winners and losers... no benefit or subsidy... no laws or codes so voluminous that they can't be known readily.

general welfare = to the benefit of all citizens

Scares the shit out of you... doesn't it.

And here comes PKR w/ his govt. doesn't work. LOL!

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL, about Pkr--but hey, he's right about a lot of things!

Dreams, how was the Easter egg hunt?

Nekochan wrote:LOL, about Pkr--but hey, he's right about a lot of things!

Dreams, how was the Easter egg hunt?  

all her eggs were dried up, even the dog couldn't sniff em out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum