Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment

+10
QueenOfHearts
cool1
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Markle
2seaoat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:To say that's never existed is patently false... it was predominately the system right here for almost a hundred years.

Really? When?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I just tested the water.......I now want our resident racists to tell us what happened to the white mother who left her children in the hot parking lot at the doctor's office?   Sure is a coincident that every time a black person drops a bubble gum wrapper is charged with littering, and is scolded by the usual suspects, but when that same white person drops the bubble gum wrapper......it is big government who is oppressing someone.   A black kid runs out of a convenience store with candy not paid for and it is his lazy nature and poor parenting, but a white rancher who steals a million dollars from the government is a rock star, and evil big government is overstepping it's authority.......coincidence......when I see one of our usual suspects show any variation from the racist roots of their opinions.....I will concede that this woman should serve eight years in jail......stupid is what stupid does, racist is what racist does.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 3 ObamaRaceCardCartoon-1

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:To say that's never existed is patently false... it was predominately the system right here for almost a hundred years.

Really?  When?

I think he must be hearkening back to our country's halcyon days, when men were white men, and everyone else was a slave.

boards of FL wrote:

Really? When?

When do you think I was referring to? Do you think trade was accomplished before govt? Was there no structure?

I've only ever argued for a fair arbiter... it's you that assigns me ridiculous generalizations because statism is defenseless.

It fails eventually... certainly... by it's own inherent flaws and weight. You just ignore the real patterns and results.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:When do you think I was referring to? Do you think trade was accomplished before govt? Was there no structure?

Well, seeing as how I am aware of the fact that your ideology has never governed any civilization...ever...I don't have a guess.  Rather than me throw out a random time period and then you reply with "Nope", why don't you just tell me the time period that you feel was governed by your ideology?

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:The woman is a terrible mother, I don't care what color she is. I hope her babies are in a safe place now.

A bit judgmental without knowing a thing about her. I left the kids in the car when I went in to pay for gas........if something happened to them would I be a terrible father? Tell me how long being separated from your kids in the car makes you a terrible parent......is it thirty seconds.....two minutes.....five minutes.....ten minutes......because I must have been a terrible father. I just got lucky I guess......somebody could have abducted them when I dropped off a check at the insurance man, and I might have someone judging me.....naw.....I am a white man..............we rarely get judged....we are special.
educate yourself on how long a child can survive in a hot locked car and you possibly can answer that question on your own. Hint...being gone thirty seconds to pay for gas isn't even close to the time it takes for a job interview. Nice try though

Dreamsglore wrote:
colaguy wrote:I don’t condemn her for wanting to get a job, to provide for her children.

What I find objectionable is her lack of judgment in leaving her kids in the hot car.

Also, there are many “safety nets” already in place for a woman in her situation, provided for by local, state, and federal agencies. And, if her town is similar to Pensacola, there are numerous non-governmental entities, which are available to her.

Ok this is where the rubber meets the road and ignorance keeps marching on. There is NO and I repeat NO services available to babysit your children unless you can pay for it. You are very ill informed as to what is available to a woman in her situation. You can get subsidized childcare if you have a job but the waiting list is very long and depends on funds available.

No matter that there isn’t a program to pay for babysitting while the mom looks for, or goes to work. BTW – there are programs that do just that: TANF Block Grant Child Care. In New Mexico there is Early Childhood Services Division.

There are other sources which provide cash benefits, with which the mom can pay for babysitting:

• Child Support from the children’s father
• TANF
• SS

Now, even if the mother does receive cash assistance there is no guarantee that she will use it wisely for the benefit of her children. But there is no excuse for a poor mother to ignore the benefits that are available to her for the benefit of her children.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Gunz wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The woman is a terrible mother, I don't care what color she is. I hope her babies are in a safe place now.

A bit judgmental without knowing a thing about her.  I left the kids in the car when I went in to pay for gas........if something happened to them would I be a terrible father?    Tell me how long being separated from your kids in the car makes you a terrible parent......is it thirty seconds.....two minutes.....five minutes.....ten minutes......because I must have been a terrible father.  I just got lucky I guess......somebody could have abducted them when I dropped off a check at the insurance man, and I might have someone judging me.....naw.....I am a white man..............we rarely get judged....we are special.
 educate yourself on how long a child can survive in a hot locked car and you possibly can answer that question on your own. Hint...being gone thirty seconds to pay for gas isn't even close to the time it takes for a job interview. Nice try though

Liberal common sense goes out the window, again.

Pc is a brain injury.

Are you for real? Do you have any idea what TANF pays? Do you really think a mother who gets welfare can pay for a babysitter? That block grant is for working mothers and the waiting list is miles long. They can't even pay rent and utilities w/ TANF let alone babysitters. You have no clue of what you're talking about. And she lives in Az for crying out loud not New Mexico. How do you even know she gets CS,SS or any of those. Early Childhood services don't babysit! Jeez!

Sal

Sal

When you are poor, there are no breaks.

People on this forum have no clue and no empathy regarding the systematic economic inequality in this country.

Poverty will grind you down, and it's a trap that's impossible to escape without a miracle.

And, people want to criminalize poverty.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Dreamsglore wrote:Are you for real? Do you have any idea what TANF pays? Do you really think a mother who gets welfare can pay for a babysitter? That block grant is for working mothers and the waiting list is miles long. They can't even pay rent and utilities w/ TANF let alone babysitters. You have no clue of what you're talking about. And she lives in Az for crying out loud not New Mexico. How do you even know she gets CS,SS or any of those. Early Childhood services don't babysit! Jeez!

While it may not be enough to suit you, Arizona spent $16.4M of TANF money directly on childcare. See http://www.naccrra.org/public-policy/resources/data/tanf-funding-used-for-child-care.

From the original story it appears reasonable to assume that the mother with two babies (2 and six months) qualifies for many of the social programs.  If she doesn’t, then she needs to apply. She is a homeless single mother of two - certainly she qualifies for much of what is out there.

I worked in this kind of business (not saying which one).  Every day I saw similar mothers on assistance.  But to look at them you’d never know it – fake fingernails, fancy hair, makeup, purse, and clothes.  It appeared that they were spending a sizeable amount of what little money was given to them on themselves. I try not to generalize – I know it was not universal, and not limited to any race.  

The point is that there is help for those who need it. If they don’t get the help that’s either an indictment of the social services programs, or the mother herself, who will not get the help that is available.  

I become wholly irate when I read this stuff about poor people. I need to stop posting on this forum because the attitudes and beliefs are beyond any semblance of reality or humanity. From someone who has worked many years w/ poor people I know how harsh their lives are and how difficult it is to get out of it when you have nothing or no one to help you. Many of them are decent and good people no different than you or I except they're poor. I hope every one of you who look down on poor people someday find yourselves in their situation. It happens all the time and then you can experience what it's like and I imagine most of you wouldn't fare as well as some of them do.

2seaoat

It is the same judgmental folks who consistently have racism ingrained in those judgments.  Most have worked for the government at one time or another or have a spouse working for the government.  Few have been independent business people, and have been at the government teat in employment, but have crushing criticism of poverty where people take their government check and somehow they are lazy and stupid.   They are neither.....they have been dealt horrible cards and they often play those cards badly, and in this case I have not heard one person say this mother did not make a mistake.  It is this idea of filling our jails with non violent offenders and breaking up families.   Sorry I am judgmental against racist and folks who have never walked in poverty or went a day hungry.  I lived in Mexico for five months and saw real poverty and I saw proud people playing the cards which were dealt......but the damn game is rigged.   This is not the America I was born, it is morally bankrupt, and the attitudes that the usual suspects display are only the surface of the iceberg, where hate and bigotry in America are alive and well.  

It is hard being a mother whether you are wealthy or poor.  Sometimes there is nobody who will step in and help.  We need to do a better job for our children, and we certainly have to begin decriminalizing poverty.

Sal

Sal

I blame a lot of this on the corporatist media.

The middle and working classes should be standing in solidarity with the poor.

Instead, the media has been incredibly successful in driving a wedge by convincing the rubes that the pittance thrown at the poor is undeserved and taken out of their pockets.

Meanwhile, the oligarchs rob them blind, and the useful idiots applaud their industriousness and ingenuity.

Dreamsglore wrote:I become wholly irate when I read this stuff about poor people. I need to stop posting on this forum because the attitudes and beliefs are beyond any semblance of reality or humanity. From someone who has worked many years w/ poor people I know how harsh their lives are and how difficult it is to get out of it when you have nothing or no one to help you. Many of them are decent and good people no different than you or I except they're poor. I hope every one of you who look down on poor people someday find yourselves in their situation. It happens all the time and then you can experience what it's like and I imagine most of you wouldn't fare as well as some of them do.

I appreciate your comment.  I'll take it from you, as one who has worked many years with poor people that it is not as easy as I, or others, may think to provide for one's family using the social welfare that is available. Maybe I forget that not all of us are mentally equipped to be able to do what is necessary to obtain readily available benefits. (I say this with no sarcasm) I'll count it as wishfull thinking, on my part, that it should be fairly straight forward to be able to find out what help is available, and apply for it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:The middle and working classes should be standing in solidarity with the poor.

Instead, the media has been incredibly successful in driving a wedge by convincing the rubes that the pittance thrown at the poor is undeserved and taken out of their pockets.

Meanwhile, the oligarchs rob them blind, and the useful idiots applaud their industriousness and ingenuity.

stormwatch89 wrote:As usual the point is being missed.

There were those who were "cool" in HS and never went on to achieve much.
They pay some taxes.

There were those who went on to college and received a degree or two and went into corporate life.  They pay taxes.

Yet, neither of those groups pay the 90%.

Those are paid by people who were serious about what they did.  They were focused on success........the ones outside the box.  Those who gambled and risked everything.

Why are they penalized so harshly?

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 3 Vaseline_kleenex

colaguy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Are you for real? Do you have any idea what TANF pays? Do you really think a mother who gets welfare can pay for a babysitter? That block grant is for working mothers and the waiting list is miles long. They can't even pay rent and utilities w/ TANF let alone babysitters. You have no clue of what you're talking about. And she lives in Az for crying out loud not New Mexico. How do you even know she gets CS,SS or any of those. Early Childhood services don't babysit! Jeez!

While it may not be enough to suit you, Arizona spent $16.4M of TANF money directly on childcare. See http://www.naccrra.org/public-policy/resources/data/tanf-funding-used-for-child-care.

From the original story it appears reasonable to assume that the mother with two babies (2 and six months) qualifies for many of the social programs.  If she doesn’t, then she needs to apply. She is a homeless single mother of two - certainly she qualifies for much of what is out there.

I worked in this kind of business (not saying which one).  Every day I saw similar mothers on assistance.  But to look at them you’d never know it – fake fingernails, fancy hair, makeup, purse, and clothes.  It appeared that they were spending a sizeable amount of what little money was given to them on themselves. I try not to generalize – I know it was not universal, and not limited to any race.  

The point is that there is help for those who need it. If they don’t get the help that’s either an indictment of the social services programs, or the mother herself, who will not get the help that is available.  

What part of they have a long waiting list and you have to be employed do you not understand? How much do you know about whether someone else paid for their hair,nails or clothes? Like a family member or a boyfriend? I get tired of hearing about any little extra a poor person may have as if they must never have anything in life. This is the dogma the conservatives put out while they're raping the country of millions. Yes, there are people who take advantage but not the numbers you people purport. I would never want to live the life they have for that little bit of money they get. Why don't you look up what a mother and one child gets for welfare in the state of Fl.? I think you'll get a clue these folks are not living high on the hog.

2seaoat wrote:

Then my daughter who is a SA, and my wife who was a teacher are criminals.....sorry this is over zealous prosecution of a black woman where our white lady going to a doc appointment who left the kids in the car right here in Pensacola never saw a day of jail and NEVER had her kids taken away.......systemic bias....nothing more or less.  These woman who are deep in poverty and with children get very little help, and often extended family cannot provide the support.......alone and without resources they attempt to survive.......her poor judgment does not deserve an eight year prison sentence and loss of her children.   The cure causes more damage than the poor judgment.....but it makes racist judgmental people happy because it reinforces a sense of superiority and belief that THOSE people are incapable of being good parents......scrape the surface and we are in the 1950s where hate and bigotry abound.

Finally the people are speaking......people need help....not judgment - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPsFtWQQDu3yj_kA7tixwWptqjgqfjPlrjm864nn7sd7tnc3LeWQ

The system that brought this about was supposedly enlightened progressive liberals like you demanding that the children should be cared for and agencies and laws should be set in place to protect them.

So if having those government agencies do their job is racist then you'd best point your racist finger at yourself as to why this is happening to this woman since it's supposedly enlightened progressive liberals like yourself who demanded those agencies and laws in the first place.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 4/17/2014, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Just the facts please. its not 8 years in prison.

Taylor, 35, was arrested on child-abuse charges after leaving her 6-month-old and 2-year-old alone in her SUV for 45 minutes while in a job interview at a Farmer's Insurance office in Scottsdale. Taylor told police she was jobless, without child care that day( most normal people reschedule the interview, ive had women tell me this and it is fine), and had occasionally been homeless.

Taylor was released from jail March 31 on $9,000 bond and has been indicted on two felony counts. Her children were examined at a hospital the day of her arrest and released as uninjured. They are now with family, and under the supervision of the Division of Child and Family Services.

Taylor has pleaded not guilty. If convicted, she faces a minimum of two years of probation for each count. She has not said where she is staying or clarified what her housing situation was prior to her arrest

she has a car. she has family who have the kids now. Leaving especially a 6 month old alone in the car is serious business. Why didn't she get her family to keep them? They have them now.

Im pretty sick and tired of you damn people using race and class warfare to push your agendas. its getting pretty damn sickening. oh and before you spout off at me again. I grew up dirt poor, so fuck off with the you don't know how it is shit. All of you are just making excuses for bad behavior. its what you do and you wonder why society is in decline.  Rolling Eyes 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

crow wrote:Just the facts please. its not 8 years in prison.

Taylor, 35, was arrested on child-abuse charges after leaving her 6-month-old and 2-year-old alone in her SUV for 45 minutes while in a job interview at a Farmer's Insurance office in Scottsdale. Taylor told police she was jobless, without child care that day( most normal people reschedule the interview, ive had women tell me this and it is fine), and had occasionally been homeless.

Taylor was released from jail March 31 on $9,000 bond and has been indicted on two felony counts. Her children were examined at a hospital the day of her arrest and released as uninjured. They are now with family, and under the supervision of the Division of Child and Family Services.

Taylor has pleaded not guilty. If convicted, she faces a minimum of two years of probation for each count. She has not said where she is staying or clarified what her housing situation was prior to her arrest

she has a car. she has family who have the kids now. Leaving especially a 6 month old alone in the car is serious business. Why didn't she get her family to keep them? They have them now.

Im pretty sick and tired of you damn people using race and class warfare to push your agendas. its getting pretty damn sickening. oh and before you spout off at me again. I grew up dirt poor, so fuck off with the you don't know how it is shit. All of you are just making excuses for bad behavior. its what you do and you wonder why society is in decline.  Rolling Eyes 

A fund raiser was started for her Ms. Taylor....so far the amount collected $106,000. Thankfully, government sponsored parenting classes are free. I hope she will have to attend mandatory classes.

As I have said before...people who need assistance do not get it because of a serious lack of funding.....those who know how to work the system instead of actually working take money away from the truly needy. To many able bodied people sit around collecting welfare.

2seaoat

She faces a maximum penalty of more than 8 years in prison, according to her lawyer, Benjamin Taylor, who is not related.
By golly, I think I will listen to her lawyer tell us what the maximum prison sentence is rather than speculation that she will be put on probation. Please get your facts straight.

cool1

cool1

wow im sorry but I cant come up with any excuse that's worth putting your child in danger -job interview or not -turn to family or something , I just don't see it as a reason to leave a baby in the car . black white blue rich or poor you just don't do it period .

I was in sort of that situation my dad was dying in the hospital and I knew it and I had no one to watch my baby she was 6 months old --I called every day care in the phone book asking them I only want to see my dad half hour a day that's all please I told them , and 1 place did and they took money for an hour each day for three days ---my dad died on the third day -- I did see him at nights but when you know someone is going to pass you want to be by them every minute , I just see no reason to leave a child alone in a car period for no reason at all job or not its a stupid thing to do , That's how I feel about it , leaving my child in a hot car for a job -sorry but no friggin way id do that . My childs life is more important .  

crow wrote:Just the facts please. its not 8 years in prison.

And look at the wretched POS you turned out to be. Case in point.

cool1 wrote:wow im sorry but I cant come up with any excuse that's worth putting your child in danger -job interview or not -turn to family or something , I just don't see it as a reason to leave a baby in the car .  black white blue rich or poor you just don't do it period .  

I was in sort of that situation my dad was dying in the hospital and I knew it and I had no one to watch my baby she was 6 months old --I called every day care in the phone book asking them I only want to see my dad half hour a day that's all please I told them , and 1 place did and they took money for an hour each day for three days ---my dad died on the third day -- I did see him at nights but when you know someone is going to pass you want to be by them every minute ,   I just see no reason to leave a child alone in a car period for no reason at all job or not its a stupid thing to do , That's how I feel about it , leaving my child in a hot car for a job -sorry but no friggin way id do that .  My childs life is more important .  

cheers cheers cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum